Lord of the Rings TV Series in Development - How could this POSSIBLY go wrong...

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Weren't they already hamfistedly cramming Blacks and Asians into Laketown during the last Hobbit movie? (Asians, I could maybe forgive since we have plenty of cultures in Siberia where Asians and Whites mix, but black people mixing with Nordics? No way. ) This is going to be a dumpster fire. I'm not against diversity -I saw it in movies like Dungeons and Dragons (which had the black thief and the black elf chick) and Eragon, but those were just meant to be popcorn fluff. LOTR/The Silmarillion are titans of literature and meant to be taken way more seriously. Considering most SJW's worship of GRRM and his pedantic insistence on having a fantasy world that's highly realistic and detailed down to knowing what the main character;s tax policies would be, those same SJWs are quick to reject any real world rules concerning the distributions of skin color in certain environments.

PenguinSuitAlice

Frosty Witch of Mad Fancy.
kiwifarms.net
It should probably be noted that in the article I posted earlier, they said that the show is set to be released September 2 of next year. It's still a ways off.

Art Kassul

kiwifarms.net
Jim weighs in.
View attachment 2623067
My question is, why are Hobbit characters going to be in a story set in the 2nd age? They didn't exist back then or were very reclusive with small numbers. They didn't show up in any records until the Third Age.
I'm curious how they'll force them into the story. Unless Disclose.tv is in error, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the people making this have only skimmed through wikis about what happened in the Second Age.
Edit:
It's not in error:

Oh no.
For those who don't know: (From Concerning Hobbits)

They are not tribes. They are more like breeds that had general cultural trends. Hobbits when they lived in Wilderland were probably in groups of tightly-knit clans like the one Gollum used to live in. Hobbits are clannish, not tribalistic.
Maori hobbits! I can't stop laughing. This is going to be terrible.

lenny-henry-1080x1080.png
"I'm a black hobbit. It's brilliant."
They achieved such beauty with the Jackson movies, that that contrast alone is going to kill this hideous series.

PenguinSuitAlice

kiwifarms.net
Does that magically mean it still might not happen? Doubtful. They're extremely intent on destroying Lord of the Rings.
It's worse than you think.
From the same article:
The second season of The Lord Of The Rings has already begun production, with the shoot having now moved to the UK.

Dammit Mandrake!

kiwifarms.net
Yet another classic of my childhood destroyed. Makes one want to just get rid of all the TVs in their house.
Not destroyed. What you say you love is truly destructive. This is repairing that broken fantasy illusion and turning it into something that will teach children the correct messages.

Also implying no strong women in the actual canon of Lord of the Rings is pretty funny. I guess Éowyn killing the goddamn Witch King and Galadriel being the strongest being in Middle-Earth other than Sauron and I guess Tom Bombadil are inconvenient and we should ignore them. Holy shit they're going to make Tom Bombadil a sage black man that misses the entire point of the original character, aren't they?

Fuck.

PenguinSuitAlice

kiwifarms.net
Maori hobbits! I can't stop laughing. This is going to be terrible.

View attachment 2624843
"I'm a black hobbit. It's brilliant."
They achieved such beauty with the Jackson movies, that that contrast alone is going to kill this hideous series.
It should also be noted that since him and his multicultural 'tribe' of Hobbits, the Harfoots, are the ancestors of the majority of Hobbits living in the Shire, meaning it will used as justification for multicultural BIPOC Hobbits being the majority of the Shire in future adaptations.

It should further be noted that Harfoots were the closest to the Dwarves in appearance and culture, meaning it will also be used to justify them being multicultural as well, despite the entire dwarf race being descendants of 7 people (though perhaps they may try to develop the 4 dwarf houses that we know almost nothing about in this. In fact, I'm fairly certain they will.)
I'm placing a bet that there will be a black female dwarf character with a beard in the party.
For future reference, Here's Tolkien on Female Dwarves, from the appendices:
Dís was the daughter of Thráin II. She is the only dwarf-woman named in these histories. It was said by Gimli that there are few dwarf-women, probably no more than a third of the whole people. They seldom walk abroad except at great need, They are in voice and appearance, and in garb if they must go on a journey, so like to the dwarf-men that the eyes and ears of other peoples cannot tell them apart. This has given rise to the foolish opinion among Men that there are no dwarf-women, and that the Dwarves 'grow out of stone'. It is because of the fewness of women among them that the kind of the Dwarves increases slowly, and is in peril when they have no secure dwellings. For Dwarves take only one wife or husband each in their lives, and are jealous, as in all matters of their rights. The number of dwarf-men that marry is actually less than one-third. For not all the women take husbands: some desire none; some desire one that they cannot get, and so will have no other. As for the men, very many also do not desire marriage, being engrossed in their crafts.
So we already have a setup for a strong female Khazad-of-color warrior/smith of the Blacklock house 'who don't need no man', since that temperament is already canon.

Last edited:

Oats12345

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not destroyed. What you say you love is truly destructive. This is repairing that broken fantasy illusion and turning it into something that will teach children the correct messages.

Also implying no strong women in the actual canon of Lord of the Rings is pretty funny. I guess Éowyn killing the goddamn Witch King and Galadriel being the strongest being in Middle-Earth other than Sauron and I guess Tom Bombadil are inconvenient and we should ignore them. Holy shit they're going to make Tom Bombadil a sage black man that misses the entire point of the original character, aren't they?

Fuck.
Yeah I don't understand the whole "there's no strong women in Lord of the Rings" thing. Like many woke things they ignore stuff like that to pretend their garbage is special in some why.

draggs

Kyle Avgvstvs, Antifvs Maximvs. AVE KYLE
kiwifarms.net
So I'm watching the Fellowship extended 4 hour edition this fine afternoon and there are a LOT of shots of disgusting hairy hobbit feet

Does Peter Jackson have a hairy hobbit foot fetish?

Last edited:

Shamash

lawgiver, judge of gods and men, lord of the sun
kiwifarms.net
Its noted in the books, hobbit feet have more hair.

Anyways, I'm not surprised. The show is going to suck regardless. I doubt it will actually have anything to do with the Second age of Tolkien's writings, and be some sort of generic off shelf fantasy with the LOTR brand.

PenguinSuitAlice

kiwifarms.net
Its noted in the books, hobbit feet have more hair.

Anyways, I'm not surprised. The show is going to suck regardless. I doubt it will actually have anything to do with the Second age of Tolkien's writings, and be some sort of generic off shelf fantasy with the LOTR brand.
It's also been confirmed to have sex scenes, by the way. I get the feeling it will be half generic fantasy party and half GoT-ripoff. Or one or the other. All with checking off several diversity boxes, of course.
I should also post this, which was in the article as well.
“It’s a whole brand new set of adventures that seed some of the origins of different characters and it’s going to take at least 10 years to tell the story.”
In other words, they want to make a franchise from this. Yet another MCU clone that will crash and burn like all of the others.