Losing people to transgenderism support thread - Support group for trans widows and other people who lost loved ones to troonism

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

How many people in your life have you seen troon out?(not including cows)

• Total voters

chiobu

爪闩尺丂㠪ㄚ
kiwifarms.net
How common are asian troons, anyways?

I'm in Asia and I've not seen the lolcow types that we may find on the farms, and I personally don't know or seen anyone who has trooned out even during the college days which wasn't that long ago. The only ones I've seen or encountered before are probably the Thai ladyboy types but they usually pass and sorta know their place enough to not bother you. I reckon most people here live and let live and would not be exposed to the annoying/manipulative/crazy types on Twitter/Reddit.

That said, I do think there's a bit of loony troonism creeping in here since I've heard anecdotes from the LGBT folks about more annoying troons appearing in the annual pride parade thingy, and seen local redditors troon out suddenly too. One MTF who medically transitioned also dm-ed me the following which is really sad considering how she literally lost her house because she was trans (https://qz.com/988514/a-straight-ma...-and-singapores-famous-efficiency-broke-down/)

1640365480946.png

Obviously the troon menace is really nothing compared to Western countries since the last group of people who protested transphobia got arrested, but seeing all the stories on the Farms and elsewhere I know how fast the slippery slope occurs, so I hope the status quo remains no matter how much I might have had empathised with the troons previously.

bored loser

kiwifarms.net
How common are asian troons, anyways?
Out of the trans people I know, I know five Asian trans people. Three are Ftm or ftnb or whatever, and the two mtf or mtnb ones have a lot of other issues. I've seen a few others in passing but they all seem to be ftm.

Whites are still the majority by a lot. I've never personally met a black, middle eastern, or Hispanic trans person, though, so it could be the environment I'm in.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know most of us Asians will belt/disown someone for trooning out so that might be a good idea, just that I do wonder how those grandmothers allowed their grandkids to be enbies in the first place.

View attachment 2825922
I assume that the young female-to-enby is a form of code switching (best case scenario).

Regular polite granddaughter when Grandma's around, then it's back to posting about your outrage on Twitter.

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
I know most of us Asians will belt/disown someone for trooning out so that might be a good idea, just that I do wonder how those grandmothers allowed their grandkids to be enbies in the first place.

View attachment 2825922

Shamefur disrpray, you are granddaughter and you wirr make babies!

Babuska would do this too. Gay relatives also get ghosted more than a ghostbusters sequel.
You can always say that they are studying abroad or dead if someone asks where Uncle Faggy went.

ProblematicUser420

Trans Wrongs
kiwifarms.net
I didn't go to my family get together for Christmas, mostly because it was at a distant cousins house I didn't know at all and just didn't feel that great.

Apparently the reason it was at their house was so his wife could announce to everyone that their daughter is now a boy, and if somebody doesn't support them they could just leave :/

Her daughter is 10 years old, by the way. Now granted I don't know them at all, but yeah, really weird to hear considering where we live and how my family is.

My mom and dad called me up to tell me about this and are pretty befuddled by it, but didn't say anything because they're not particularly close to them either.

The Emperor Skeksis

Top lizard-bird
kiwifarms.net
Apparently the reason it was at their house was so his wife could announce to everyone that their daughter is now a boy, and if somebody doesn't support them they could just leave :/
Oh man I'm sure distant relatives just love being burdened by this on Christmas in the second year of a global pandemic - and there's a passive agressive threat attached too! This is some 10/10 narc shit.

I'm sorry for your parents, that must have been cringe and awkward.

behindyourightnow

kiwifarms.net
Oh man I'm sure distant relatives just love being burdened by this on Christmas in the second year of a global pandemic - and there's a passive agressive threat attached too! This is some 10/10 narc shit.

I'm sorry for your parents, that must have been cringe and awkward.
Would have been hilarious if everyone just left though.

They usually lurk at conventions more or less.
I did see one in the wild working at a movie theater, but they actually passed for the gender they wanted to be (FtM)

Maybe it's my personal experience but usually those who cope with kinning usually had a crush on said character?
My fuckass i've lost in the thread a few comments back (good riddance) , she would absolutely THIRST after Tendou from Haikyuu and Kakashi from Naruto, after she blocked me on all social media and I discovered her shit from snooping/her over posting ass she made a kins list with THEM on it who she CLAIMED was her, but I knew it was a thirst/ anime boyfriend list.
The boyfriend theory was solidified even more since she was one of those "horror fans" and went ON AND ON how she wanted to Make out/Fuck Heisenberg from Resident Evil and Stu from Scream only to update her kins list with them near the end.
Sorry but what is kinning and what is a kin?

Major respect to anyone who is still in fandom these days, I am not but I know a few people who still are and whenever I metaphorically peek over their shoulders into Fandom In The Year of Our Lord 2021 it's like the elevator scene from the Shining, except with fakebois named Kai and Noah.

Aunt Carol

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it's fic-kin, in this instance. Basically you have a crush on Sephiroth and then one day you wake up and realize it's all been because you are Sephiroth. Either in a "spirit animal" sense except it's OK for white people to say "Sephiroth-kin," or if you're more crazy it's because there's some kind of reincarnation/alternate dimension stuff going on.

It seems like it's sometimes a stepping stone to being "plural," because sometimes people who are "kin" with a character will have the same "do not interact" for that character's enemies or other iterations of that character.

I miss fandom too. I liked being able to show up and get roasted for my headcanon or trash waifu by people who took responsibility for their own emotional well-being, tenuous as it is. Now it's all about identity and one-upping your fragility. The paradox of fakebois is that they ramp up the GOTIS to 11 and it's exhausting.

Autistically, I hate the "X is trans" with no argument to back it up. Dude, if you got a headcanon, you got a headcanon, but part of the fun is explaining to everyone else what minuscule clues you've gathered from canon to point to your personal deranged theory. It's another example of how "trans" is a no-effort trump card, just in the context of sperging about cartoons and polygons.

Tism the Return

( ^ U ^ )
kiwifarms.net
I've only known one person who trooned out who was already a gay guy coming from an (allegedly) horrible home situation and one day after taking some sort of break he comes back as his new low-effort persona, I didn't know that nigga so I don't consider him a lost. What I did lose was a lot of laughter since I had to hold back whenever ridiculousnewname was around and I didn't want to get in trouble with my higher-ups for being transphobic (!!), it is current year and blah blah blah.

Dude looked like a retarded blow-up doll thanks to his terrible unkempt hair and make-up that looked as if it was applied by a blind man. Like if some lanky guy got shot with the make-up gun from that one Simpsons episode.

Last edited:

PinstripeLuns

Oy vey!
kiwifarms.net
So, you all know how being "transphobic" or whatever gets you booted from communities and industries, yeah? Not as important as being kicked from a job, but this one kid (autistic furry) actually messaged me a few days ago about being a radical feminist, hating men, being anti-trans etc because I mentioned it three months ago briefly. I wouldn't usually care except this kid shared a server for a JRPG with me, and it's filled with TIMs.

Even after the convo ended with me telling him to fuck off, kid messaged me ON CHRISTMAS DAY too. I just blocked him and moved on. If he ends up sending the mods whatever and getting me kicked, idgaf, but yeah it's kinda intimidating how you make one off hand remark and now on all your socials people poke their nose into your business.

Finally, my time in fandom spaces will serve me well. Kinning is kinda a spectrum, it can run the gammit from just liking and identifying with a character ("he's just like me" kinda thing) to obsessively identifying as a character ("i am him, and if anybody else identifies as him they are wrong, dni" kinda thing usually due to some gay little trauma).

Kinning has become popular because kids are more likely to fake mental illness now. Kinning can be infused with all these personality disorders kids like, or it can be infused with gender dysphoria (usually girls identifying as some Danganropa character). Whilst some people are normal and use the term "kin" to mean like, or to identify with, a lot of them are just mega larpers who want to make anime real.

Last edited:

behindyourightnow

kiwifarms.net
You should definitely punch that straight into Google. The results will be entertaining, I guarantee it.*

*Your continued sanity is not covered by this warranty.
See, I would usually do that, but way back in the day when I was young and innocent I heard the word “omegaverse” being used in relation to a convention panel and decided to Google it.

And Google did that thing where it gives you a selection of images at the top of the search on top of the text.

I try not to Google fandom terms anymore.
I think it's fic-kin, in this instance. Basically you have a crush on Sephiroth and then one day you wake up and realize it's all been because you are Sephiroth. Either in a "spirit animal" sense except it's OK for white people to say "Sephiroth-kin," or if you're more crazy it's because there's some kind of reincarnation/alternate dimension stuff going on.

It seems like it's sometimes a stepping stone to being "plural," because sometimes people who are "kin" with a character will have the same "do not interact" for that character's enemies or other iterations of that character.

I miss fandom too. I liked being able to show up and get roasted for my headcanon or trash waifu by people who took responsibility for their own emotional well-being, tenuous as it is. Now it's all about identity and one-upping your fragility. The paradox of fakebois is that they ramp up the GOTIS to 11 and it's exhausting.

Autistically, I hate the "X is trans" with no argument to back it up. Dude, if you got a headcanon, you got a headcanon, but part of the fun is explaining to everyone else what minuscule clues you've gathered from canon to point to your personal deranged theory. It's another example of how "trans" is a no-effort trump card, just in the context of sperging about cartoons and polygons.
Oh, that explains a lot. So is that why some crazies on Twitter get mad about people harming fictional characters now? I remember there was some drama a little while ago where someone was saying “you can’t harm this character in fanfiction, he’s a real person” and they meant it.

(No clue how they square that with creators who harm the characters. Which they do constantly. There’s a reason it’s “kill your darlings” not “be nice to your darlings”)

Anyway, sorry for the derail. I can totally see how that kind of thing overlaps with or leads to troonery though. The same "I can defeat reality with the power of anime and the internet" mindset.

Aunt Carol

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyway, sorry for the derail. I can totally see how that kind of thing overlaps with or leads to troonery though. The same "I can defeat reality with the power of anime and the internet" mindset.
If I recall correctly, a lot of the people in the infamous Final Fantasy VII House were also FtM, which was unusual at the time. They were from an area of fandom that called it "soul-bonding," but it's just another term for that same over-identification with a character.

I think "kinning" is an attempt to make it seem more spiritual and thus respectable. Kind of like when someone declares a character is "my comfort character" and thus immune to accusations of being problematic; they're trying to use the language of mental illness to justify the anime they want to bone.

This does seem like it's relevant to troonery, especially the fandom fakeboi kind. There was a brief illustrated discussion in the TF2 Community thread. (Lot of FtMs in the TF2 fandom, but don't worry; they don't actually play the game. Fans who play the game are bronies who went MtF.)

Ser Prize

kiwifarms.net
So, you all know how being "transphobic" or whatever gets you booted from communities and industries, yeah? Not as important as being kicked from a job, but this one kid (autistic furry) actually messaged me a few days ago about being a radical feminist, hating men, being anti-trans etc because I mentioned it three months ago briefly. I wouldn't usually care except this kid shared a server for a JRPG with me, and it's filled with TIMs.
I hate seeing what this troon bullshit has done to fan spaces. And God help you once a tranny/faghag gets a position of power.
This does seem like it's relevant to troonery, especially the fandom fakeboi kind. There was a brief illustrated discussion in the TF2 Community thread. (Lot of FtMs in the TF2 fandom, but don't worry; they don't actually play the game. Fans who play the game are bronies who went MtF.)
People underestimate just how many FtMs there are. Like it's an unholy amount.

Jah Hates Kaffirs

Vigorously Schizposting
kiwifarms.net
Marxist dialectics very quickly adopted the sexual liberation of children as a means to break down the structure of capitalist society and the family unit. Marx himself didn't have much to say on the topic, but subsequent philosophers found justification for the stance in the fact that family relationships and the preservation of childhood innocence are social stabilisers. These thinkers also wanted to "liberate" themselves from the shackles of a society that prevented them from satisfying their immediate desires whenever they wished, whether that was to eat, sleep , or rape little boys. Unsurprisingly, many of these philosophical positions were french in origin.
Nah West Germany did this too Europeans are just pedarasts by default.

So Trannies are possessed by Tulpas created through self-hypnosis and cooming? It's a good theory.
That's probably one of their fetishes, honestly.

SCSI

Improperly Terminated
kiwifarms.net
See, I would usually do that, but way back in the day when I was young and innocent I heard the word “omegaverse” being used in relation to a convention panel and decided to Google it.

And Google did that thing where it gives you a selection of images at the top of the search on top of the text.

I try not to Google fandom terms anymore.

<snaps fingers> Can't blame an ill-tempered hard drive standard for trying. :gunt:

If I recall correctly, a lot of the people in the infamous Final Fantasy VII House were also FtM, which was unusual at the time. They were from an area of fandom that called it "soul-bonding," but it's just another term for that same over-identification with a character.

I think "kinning" is an attempt to make it seem more spiritual and thus respectable. Kind of like when someone declares a character is "my comfort character" and thus immune to accusations of being problematic; they're trying to use the language of mental illness to justify the anime they want to bone.

Renaming a fetish/"I want this to be real" delusion to try to reframe it as a spiritual and therefore legitimate thing is spot on, I think. I used to hang around on otherkin, therian, vampyre, and neopagan boards in the late 90s/early 2000s, long before the troon cancer Borg'ed those spaces, and you'd see this exact same pattern there. The fucked up blood fetishists would identify as vampyres and claim all sorts of mystic, deep spiritual stuff all as a cover to get questionably-aged Goth girls to in bed so they could cut/bite them (if you're not familiar with a guy called "Father Todd," look him up -- he was a Web 1.0/vampyre subculture lolcow of a particularly predatory variety). The therian and otherkin boards were full of misfit teens who dreamed of being special/untamed/powerful and tried to convince themselves of all sorts of supernatural identities.

If you stuck around long enough, you could watch as the way they described and explained how it all worked took on more and more overtly religious, spiritual overtones as you get closer to around 2005. Around that point, it wasn't uncommon any more for <whatever>kin, especially therian types, to flatly say it was a mystery religion or shamanic spiritual practice and that they were <kin thing> on a spiritual level, and try to laugh off the earlier "no I am literally a wolf/fae/dragondemonangel guise" thing as either something that never happened and was a slur by dirty outsider bigots to make them all look ridiculous, or "that's what the dumb teens do and I'm not like the other teens". (But if you let them talk a while, it didn't take long before they'd let it slip they totally believed they could physically shapeshift or could scientifically prove they were an elf or something.)

The old main otherkin hub ezboard forum, "Embracing Mystery," is unfortunately unavailable as the archives are tied up in a stupid rights dispute, although some of their post-ezboard articles are actually still up. Pretty sure its the same story for most of the old vampyre and pagan boards from that era as well. A shame, because I think if those could be dug out of their graves you could clearly trace the proto-troon mentality forming in those corners before it hit early Tumblr and congealed into MOGAI gendershit.

Nero You're DeadWeight

Seto Kaiba please crush a cake for me!
kiwifarms.net

Finally my time has come.

Alright, SOUL BONDING is it's own can of nuts to a degree, or it used to be but I think it overlaps more with kinning.
Soul Bonding is pretty much I WAS THIS PERSON IN ANOTHER LIFE. As you brought up, in the FF house, Jen was a soul bonder who claimed in her previous life, she was Hojo and she would do that meditation shit to FF music reconnect to her previous life or do other shit to help her connect to said previous life.

Kinning ranges from "Hah I related to this character" to "Oh I AM this character DNI IF DOUBLES OR POST NEG ABOUT X CHARACTER HERE CAUSE IT'S ME DON'T REALITY CHECK ME".
Kinning has other stuff like kin SHIFTS which is notable to bring up.
Kin shifts are pretty much this days modern mood ring? I brought it up a while ago in a dangan thread here, but pretty much a kin shift is like this example. (I made this up on spot btw)

KIN LIST: Donnie Darko, Nagito Komaeda, Naruto Uzumaki, Eren Jaeger, and Shinji Ikari
CURRENT KIN: Shinji Ikari
Usually these would like enact more LARPING SHIT or a mood list of like
Naruto- Ready to chat sorry for spam!
Nagito- VERY good mood, might not talk much but please talk!
Eren- i'm pissed don't talk to me unless your xyz.
Donnie- I'm not feeling very well guys, close mutual's only
Shinji- DNI UNLESS VERY CLOSE WITH ME. (usually leans towards TW/RANT type behavior and suicide baiting/ deactivating acc threats)

Hey! Thank you for checking out my profile uwu. I use kins for my insert excuse here and I kinshift regularly! DNI IF DOUBLES THAT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE, ASK TO FOLLOW IF YOU KIN insert character here ETC.

Course now it deals with UWU FAKE METNAL ILLNESS UWU IM MENTALLY INSANE GUYZ XD shit now so I can see why it's confusing to mix soul bonding and kinning with one another since they used to be VERY separate entities or at least different things under the same umbrella.

NerdShamer

International Glownigger Commander
kiwifarms.net
Finally my time has come.

Alright, SOUL BONDING is it's own can of nuts to a degree, or it used to be but I think it overlaps more with kinning.
Soul Bonding is pretty much I WAS THIS PERSON IN ANOTHER LIFE. As you brought up, in the FF house, Jen was a soul bonder who claimed in her previous life, she was Hojo and she would do that meditation shit to FF music reconnect to her previous life or do other shit to help her connect to said previous life.

Kinning ranges from "Hah I related to this character" to "Oh I AM this character DNI IF DOUBLES OR POST NEG ABOUT X CHARACTER HERE CAUSE IT'S ME DON'T REALITY CHECK ME".
Kinning has other stuff like kin SHIFTS which is notable to bring up.
Kin shifts are pretty much this days modern mood ring? I brought it up a while ago in a dangan thread here, but pretty much a kin shift is like this example. (I made this up on spot btw)

KIN LIST: Donnie Darko, Nagito Komaeda, Naruto Uzumaki, Eren Jaeger, and Shinji Ikari
CURRENT KIN: Shinji Ikari
Usually these would like enact more LARPING SHIT or a mood list of like
Naruto- Ready to chat sorry for spam!
Nagito- VERY good mood, might not talk much but please talk!
Eren- i'm pissed don't talk to me unless your xyz.
Donnie- I'm not feeling very well guys, close mutual's only
Shinji- DNI UNLESS VERY CLOSE WITH ME. (usually leans towards TW/RANT type behavior and suicide baiting/ deactivating acc threats)

Hey! Thank you for checking out my profile uwu. I use kins for my insert excuse here and I kinshift regularly! DNI IF DOUBLES THAT MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE, ASK TO FOLLOW IF YOU KIN insert character here ETC.

Course now it deals with UWU FAKE METNAL ILLNESS UWU IM MENTALLY INSANE GUYZ XD shit now so I can see why it's confusing to mix soul bonding and kinning with one another since they used to be VERY separate entities or at least different things under the same umbrella.
It's an miracle that these people can communicate with each other,if you think about it. Their Discord servers must be rife with suicide baiting.