Losing people to transgenderism support thread - Support group for trans widows and other people who lost loved ones to troonism

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

How many people in your life have you seen troon out?(not including cows)

• Total voters

YourFriendlyLurker

kiwifarms.net
but I do highly suspect she is going to be more of a pain in the ass to deal with
She totally is gonna be, don't even doubt it. Actually your HR probably did a poor job employing the alphabet, usually such people kill the working atmosphere and fuck up the company. They belive themselves priveleged, so any work load for them is LItEraL OpReSSioN!11

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lol yeah she already pissed me off. I tried! She did the whole "Oh you did all the work so fast there's nothing left for me to do!" thing
Paper trail.

I mean, start saving whatever receipts/documentation/emails are appropriate for your workplace. She gave you a big warning with the nonbinary and the "anxiety;" start building your shield of paperwork for when she explodes in a dramabomb.

Vect

kiwifarms.net
Chris Chan thinks he's the reincarnation of Jesus Christ
But if you were fat, deranged and unconstrained by logic, would you be a weeb with an oversized sword or the Son of God?

Given the number of people who have claimed to be Christ, at least statistically its a more informed bet.

Also, you would be hard pressed to find a video game character you would excuse for being a motherfucker. But the Son of God gets a fair amount of leeway thanks to his fine print, and that is Chris's inimitable genius.

I just can't fucking believe that the fantasy of anime and video games have between them eroded so many people's sense of reality and agency. I'd put it down to a self-reinforced sense of personal entitlement in the West, which ties into the mask protests and vaccine hesitancy and political division that you don't see on the Eastern hemisphere, at least not in affluent countries. I'd say the belief that you can 'shop' for your own personality runs from the same logic that holds that wearing a mask is an unbearable violation or that censorship is right when it ain't you being censored - me, me, me, now, now, now. It's my right. Fuck you.

Exister

kiwifarms.net
Not losing someone to trannyism specifically, but to the general ethos that follows trannyism and to the emotional coping mechanisms that can cause it.

I had an online friend I made when I was about 16 that was very deeply isolated and neglected, dad killed himself when he was like 7, mom was a horrible uncaring wench, was very sexually promiscuous as a child, dropped out of middle school due to bullying and sexual harassment from classmates and rape by his middle school boyfriend, was so convinced of his worthlessness and inability to exist that he was dead set on moving to Nevada (somehow) and becoming a prostitute (prostitution is legal in parts of Nevada iirc) despite the fact any thought of sexual activity made him want to vomit due to reminding him of rape, and then just idled in a fucking hole until current date. When I knew him he was constantly changing names, at first it was just calling himself a different female name than his birth name, then eventually it became "being a boy" and changing between random boy names every couple of months. He wouldn't even tell most people his birth name, and while he hated being referred to as any of the female names he used to be okay being called by, he absolutely fucking DESPISED being called by his birth name, in my opinion very obviously because he just wanted to distance himself from his entire identity as much as possible. I stopped being able to talk to him at all when he started larping as a homestuck character 24/7 (again to distance himself from his identity) and I couldn't understand what the fuck he was saying anymore B3C4U23 H3 W4S TYP1ING L1K3 TH12, and he started being so avoidant I couldn't express any of my concerns to him anymore without him shutting down. One of the last things I talked with him about was my concern with the fact that he was 20 and still didn't have a job, and him telling me he didn't choose to live and certainly wouldn't be working for it, and to fuck off. I still message him very rarely to try to tell him I still care about him and I'm there if he needs me but he keeps rejecting it more and more harshly. I don't think I can keep him in my heart anymore. He's now saying he's a "system", very clearly another attempt to segregate himself from his real identity, lives off food stamps in his mom's house, is e-dating another homestuck larper because they enable him, I have no doubt he's gonna kill himself whenever he starts needing to put in effort to exist. It's so fucking disgusting. This entire situation makes me want to fucking vomit. It's hard to forget how fucking putrid the world is when you're intimately familiar with a situation like this. Imagine living it. It's so horrific. Don't be mean to these people purely on principle, a good chunk of them are just severely traumatized and acting like fucking retards because their souls have been mutilated by demons.

Panzerfrau

a profound hoe
kiwifarms.net
Many pages ago I posted about a dude from my social group who got himself catgirl'd. Sadly I am coming back to report he isn't getting better, moreover, he quickly cured me from empathy brainworms and I'm not going to care about him anymore.

I'm fairly sure he has some underlying issues like BPD or 'cissm that he refuses to acknowledge or get help with, so he happily exploits people around him by suicide baiting and acting like a martyr until people start giving him asspats and tell him he is awesome/nice/smart/pretty etc. For now it works because my friends are a bunch of well-meaning softies (as I was too), but I see some signs of people being tired already, so I suppose the drama will ensue soon and really I'm here for it.

I got super jaded after these two months, especially when every time I reached out to him to talk about his issues (and mind you, I never went full terf sperg on him, I wanted to gain his trust) I got hit with the constant streams or negativity and him saying he doesn't need anyone's help because he is smart enough to manage, just to turn around and cry how no one likes him, doesn't give a shit about him, how he could die today and no one would care... y'know, typical narc shit.

There's one thing that gives me lols - there's another dude in that group, he is a really, really nice person (like a walking representation of a lawful good alignment), but he is an ultra sperg in social situations (I think he has some kind of 'tism, but doesn't run around screeching about Sonic, so I don't care) and he wants to be helpful and supportive, but he just isn't able to comprehend how to deal with trannyfeels, so every time they interact, he says stuff like "hey, don't say things like that, we really like you [deadname] and you are our [male-gendered word "friend" in our langauge] :)"

God I hate troons.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
when he started larping as a homestuck character 24/7 (again to distance himself from his identity) and I couldn't understand what the fuck he was saying anymore B3C4U23 H3 W4S TYP1ING L1K3 TH12,[...] He's now saying he's a "system", very clearly another attempt to segregate himself from his real identity, lives off food stamps in his mom's house, is e-dating another homestuck larper because they enable him,
I swear Homestuck is a comorbidity for this kind of trooning.

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
Renaming a fetish/"I want this to be real" delusion to try to reframe it as a spiritual and therefore legitimate thing is spot on, I think. I used to hang around on otherkin, therian, vampyre, and neopagan boards in the late 90s/early 2000s, long before the troon cancer Borg'ed those spaces, and you'd see this exact same pattern there. The fucked up blood fetishists would identify as vampyres and claim all sorts of mystic, deep spiritual stuff all as a cover to get questionably-aged Goth girls to in bed so they could cut/bite them (if you're not familiar with a guy called "Father Todd," look him up -- he was a Web 1.0/vampyre subculture lolcow of a particularly predatory variety). The therian and otherkin boards were full of misfit teens who dreamed of being special/untamed/powerful and tried to convince themselves of all sorts of supernatural identities.

If you stuck around long enough, you could watch as the way they described and explained how it all worked took on more and more overtly religious, spiritual overtones as you get closer to around 2005. Around that point, it wasn't uncommon any more for <whatever>kin, especially therian types, to flatly say it was a mystery religion or shamanic spiritual practice and that they were <kin thing> on a spiritual level, and try to laugh off the earlier "no I am literally a wolf/fae/dragondemonangel guise" thing as either something that never happened and was a slur by dirty outsider bigots to make them all look ridiculous, or "that's what the dumb teens do and I'm not like the other teens". (But if you let them talk a while, it didn't take long before they'd let it slip they totally believed they could physically shapeshift or could scientifically prove they were an elf or something.)

The old main otherkin hub ezboard forum, "Embracing Mystery," is unfortunately unavailable as the archives are tied up in a stupid rights dispute, although some of their post-ezboard articles are actually still up. Pretty sure its the same story for most of the old vampyre and pagan boards from that era as well. A shame, because I think if those could be dug out of their graves you could clearly trace the proto-troon mentality forming in those corners before it hit early Tumblr and congealed into MOGAI gendershit.
I just wanted to say that I absolutely love hearing from people who were acquainted with this shit before the common internet era. So much of this stuff goes back decades, but most of that digital paper trail has vanished to the sands of time.

IIRC, wasn’t the therian/otherkin stuff also something that was part of the major rift in the early furry community? I seem to recall finding a few manifestos from that time calling out not just the fetishists, but the people who insisted that they were more hardcore than everyone else because they were literally a wolf soul in a human body.

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
I just wanted to say that I absolutely love hearing from people who were acquainted with this shit before the common internet era. So much of this stuff goes back decades, but most of that digital paper trail has vanished to the sands of time.

IIRC, wasn’t the therian/otherkin stuff also something that was part of the major rift in the early furry community? I seem to recall finding a few manifestos from that time calling out not just the fetishists, but the people who insisted that they were more hardcore than everyone else because they were literally a wolf soul in a human body.
A lot of this stuff is online, its just harder to find because its web 1.0.

Otherkin was an offshoot from the furry community, but it had things in common with the real vampires craze during the early to mid 2000s as well. Interesting time, and like homestuck as well, you had people larping in that community, offshoot websites like vampirefreaks (goth social media), etc. The big caveat was that at least they didn't cut off their genitals, and at worst that got a disease from drinking blood or filed their teeth. Otherkin, being "spirit trapped in x body" had that in common with the vamps and a few other similar communities at the time.

teriyakiburns

Party like it's 1848
kiwifarms.net
I seem to recall finding a few manifestos from that time calling out not just the fetishists, but the people who insisted that they were more hardcore than everyone else because they were literally a wolf soul in a human body.
Never forgetti

1642502634946.png

These were more innocent days, when you could laugh at the retards instead of having to mindlessly affirm their every nonsense declaration.

AMHOLIO

tranch home repair
kiwifarms.net
she's just a nerdy little kid (anyone younger than me is a kid)
Good, correct mentality.
After she made her brave decree and walked away, I turned to my other coworker (who is an even younger kid) and said "What does that even MEAN?" and she shrugged so at least there's hope for the world.
It is really fucking hard to try and figure out the end goal of most nonbinary they/themers. Not the reason they do it, this kid has anxiety and wants to separate from her birth gender because it gives her more anxiety, but what they think they get out of it. It is hard to live life as a genderless blob when you do shit like this that very feminine (sorry this is hard I have anxiety thing - women talk about feelings, men just do and pray that no one sees them as lesser because they're already humiliated). It also doesn't serve much of a point: we LIVE IN A SOCIETY live in an era where men and women have a ton of expectations removed from them and are celebrated for breaking boundaries even outside of woke circles. Why try to opt out when you've been dealt a mostly even playing field? (identity issues, trauma, body dissociation, trend hopping, etc.)

Gen Z has a lot more peakers than you'd think since they have to live with classmate troons and are at the stage where they want to rebel from their liberal parents. So the ones you meet irl are much more likely to not be terminally online and terminally retarded.

lol yeah she already pissed me off. I tried! She did the whole "Oh you did all the work so fast there's nothing left for me to do!" thing
I'm glad you gave it a try. There's a lot of enbies who are people with baggage but still good friends and workers, or they're just mildly annoying instead of peak dipshit. Keep a paper trail if it comes to it, but deal with her like any other annoying coworker and you'll be fine (you know that though ;) ).
I just can't fucking believe that the fantasy of anime and video games have between them eroded so many people's sense of reality and agency. I'd put it down to a self-reinforced sense of personal entitlement in the West, which ties into the mask protests and vaccine hesitancy and political division that you don't see on the Eastern hemisphere, at least not in affluent countries. I'd say the belief that you can 'shop' for your own personality runs from the same logic that holds that wearing a mask is an unbearable violation or that censorship is right when it ain't you being censored - me, me, me, now, now, now. It's my right. Fuck you.
There is a lot of individualism enabling but I think the bigger problem is people feeling lost and escaping into fantasies. In a collectivist culture like Japan it manifests as dropping yourself face first into NEET otakuism, literally walling yourself away. In the west, it is similar but you can talk about it more publicly and be openly searching for something to escape from with others since it is their right to act exceptional. The problem is when they try to force the rest of us to act exceptional too.

On one hand, new groups of retards trying to force you to accept their reality sucks. On the other hand, collectivist countries are much slower to change outdated policies with heavy pressure to conform even if it is slightly different than the norm, and struggle with their own depressing issues. Both are bad but I rather have identity exceptionalism freedom than forced homogeneity.

Don't be mean to these people purely on principle, a good chunk of them are just severely traumatized and acting like fucking retards because their souls have been mutilated by demons.
Thanks. Pretty much.

so I suppose the drama will ensue soon and really I'm here for it.
A true kiwi!

but he just isn't able to comprehend how to deal with trannyfeels, so every time they interact, he says stuff like "hey, don't say things like that, we really like you [deadname] and you are our [male-gendered word "friend" in our langauge] :)"
He's accidentally based while being a genuine good friend. I hope he doesn't get hurt too much. Good luck to you and your friendgroup.
I swear Homestuck is a comorbidity for this kind of trooning.
2010-2015 was the peak years of homestuck, enabled by sites like tumblr and twitter, so people on the Homestuck bandwagon fell into the other bandwagon of gender things.

Neigh

Jeffery Eggstein
kiwifarms.net
My best friend since 3rd grade trooned out to my shock.
I received an email from him a few months ago and the content isn't at all surprising.
[WIFE] and I aren't together anymore. She still lives with me but we are pretty much in a roommate situation as we've pretty much been in most of our time together....
I've gained a lot of fun stuff including massive anxiety and panic attacks and bouts of depression.
He then apologizes for anything he did to end the friendship.

A lot of this stuff is online, its just harder to find because its web 1.0.
Yeah. A lot of support and fetish groups started popping up online in the mid 2000s and earlier. Lycos and Yahoo groups were popular along with a few hosted forums. The lack of easily accessible information from that time seems to have led people to believe it all came out of nowhere when the "woke" started to permeate everything in the early 2010's.

Last edited:

DiscoRodeo

kiwifarms.net
Yeah. A lot of support and fetish groups started popping up online in the mid 2000s and earlier. Lycos and Yahoo groups were popular along with a few hosted forums. The lack of easily accessible information from that time seems to have led people to believe it all came out of nowhere when the "woke" started to permeate everything in the early 2010's.
It's one thing that really does amuse me. "Wokeness" was very, very present in the 2000s, even the early ones. The entire "punk rock" movement seems like a predecessor to what we have today in many ways, you have emos and other similar social contaigens, etc.

I think that the main differences between then and now are that people today live almost entirely though the internet, and in the past, most of these social things, kinks, fetishes, bad views, etc would be regulated out of a person due to the sheer notion that you actually have to live in reality and receive your sense of community largely from the people actually around you. Now, you really, really don't.

I'm not saying that all the weird stuff from the 2000s died out (furries certainly still thrive), but all the urges, the social justice stuff, weird subcultures, etc? You can see shadows of what was to come in the 2000s, its just that in any other society, the people would (and many did) grow out of them sans the internet.

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
I don't know a more appropriate thread for this but my newest coworker who just joined the company maybe 2 weeks ago came up to me and another coworker while I was doing something and said "It's hard for me to talk about this because I have anxiety [Ed.: of course] but I am trans and use they/them pronouns."
I just sort of nodded and gave her a thumbs up, I can't imagine it will ever come up that I'll need to refer to her pronouns to her face and I can't honestly see my boss or any of my other coworkers having a different philosophy than my own. She seems to be a good worker so far and an eager learner but she's just a nerdy little kid (anyone younger than me is a kid) who got brainpoisoned by the internet. I'm not as entirely peaked as some of you (at least, about girls who decide to be weirdos) but I do highly suspect she is going to be more of a pain in the ass to deal with in many regards than anyone else at work.
After she made her brave decree and walked away, I turned to my other coworker (who is an even younger kid) and said "What does that even MEAN?" and she shrugged so at least there's hope for the world.
Sorry to boringly off-topic vent but I am the only vaguely trans skeptical person in any of my friend circles afaik and if I didn't tell anyone I would go insane. Thank you for your time
I think on some level most straight people in the US anyway are just sort of taking a live and let live policy and keeping their thoughts to themselves, because the alternative is getting into pointless confrontations and ending up in some zoomers latest tiktok video.

Maybe that's for the best, I don't know. I think at the core of this issue is the fact that these things are very, very, important to some people but totally inconsequential to everybody else. Most people just flat out don't give a shit. And why would they? It's objectively meaningless in the broad scheme of things. This is what conservatives and identarian liberals never stop to appreciate when they're bitching at each other ad infinitum. We've manufactured a complete cultural breakdown over the issue of taking a shit in the McDonald's. I struggle to think of anything less important then that to my life, never mind the state of society writ large. We made this stuff divisive, it never had to be. And we did it because everybody is so self obsessed these days that when confronted with anything that even slightly conflicts with their idea of how things "should" be they blow a gasket and everybody gets dumber.

People keep using the word "identity" like it refers to some holy mantra. You ask anybody what "identity" is and they get all flustered. If it's a person's relationship to themselves then it's inherently incommunicable with others and you have to make peace with the fact nobody is ever going to really understand anybody else. Most people are trying to do the right thing, we're just so trapped in our own little worlds we keep forgetting there this huge, chaotic, beautiful, and hideous universe outside of them. That ultimately none of our personal cravings for meaning and stability will ever truly amount to much. In the end there is only you and the things you do to others. Everything else is a story we tell ourselves in a frantic attempt to escape the looming sense of insignificance that leaks out of every nook and cranny in civilization.

SCSI

Improperly Terminated
kiwifarms.net

Thanks, glad you enjoyed my "digital living fossil" memory dump, it's fun sharing stories from the Weird West era of the internet. It was a pretty cool time and place. KF reminds me of it. :heart-full:

"I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm.
... warez pages on Angelfire and netsplits on IRC.
I've watched flame wars rage in the dark via 56K baud rate.
All those moments, will be lost in time like packets online...
... time to log ..."

... Ahem. As for your question, there was some overlap between the 90s/early 00s furries and the therian guys, but they still kept it pretty low-key from what I remember seeing, and it was kind of one way -- some of the furries would openly say they were therians, but the therians that were furries kept it in the closet, at least on the therian boards. The therians were obsessed with being taken seriously (there were absolutely endless threads of people trying to convince others that they'd successfully "P-shifted", and admitting you liked to dress up in a cartoon fox suit was... not helpful for that. Buuuuut... by 2005 you started seeing that distinctive furry artstyle cropping up more often in peoples' avatars and forum signatures. Before that, I want to say it was more "three wolf moon" tier cheesy art you'd see people using, if they weren't using photos of whatever their supposed animal identity was. Edgybois would use more horror-style werewolf art, of course (and were always wolves, no other animal). One constant though -- they never, ever called it a fursona. You'd sometimes see people pop up on therian boards and start trolling by insinuating they were furries, which was funny as hell if the guy was good.

I'm drawing blanks on the names of the major old therian and vampyre boards and my 2005 browser link archive didn't have them. It is your lucky day, I remembered a couple of key "terms of art" in those two early-web subcultures and I was able to dig up some genuine vintage insanity, including some classics from 1997 that I recognized instantly and are somehow still around. Enjoy!

Therians:

Forums.Therian-Guide -- Founded in 2002 and still present and somewhat active it seems. I think this was one of the two largest therian boards of the early 2000s. This was the "scientific/respectable" one that always took a hard line on the possibility of physically shapeshifting. There was a smaller, rival board I can't find again that was where all the jilted outcasts went (edgy 14 year olds) who argued you could totally shapeshift and was crawling with teenagers pretending to be wise werewolf shamans who would mentor you... if you were worthy. Just scrolling through that P-shifting stickied thread on FTG and it's like a time capsule -- you can see the mix of shitty low-rez nature photos (ahh, dialup), cheesy art, and then a few furry avatars sneaking in. Incidentally, the demon-dragon-wolf thing was already around, they called themselves polyshifters, and most therian boards thought they were posers. They usually got pushed to the boards that were fringe even to this subculture, or the Otherkin sphere. The flame wars that would erupt when a demondragonwolf would pop up were glorious.

School of Shifting -- This is on weebly now, but I'm pretty sure I recognize this site from earlier. I think it used to be on Angelfire originally (for whatever reason, probably the name of the host, most English-language small 90s magic/occult or occult-adjacent subculture sites were on Angelfire. It was a meme in those circles.). Shapeshifting was basically 75% of the discussion on any therian board, along with all the signs that proved any given angsty teen was definitely actually a wolf inside and that's why they didn't fit in. (Sound familiar?)

There were a few other therian boards, but the population at the time was a lot smaller than the vampire subculture it seemed, and it was likely because even in the magic/paranormal-friendly corners of Web 1.0, claiming you had a nonhuman soul was one of those things that was "lol, come on", while claiming magic/magic with the name changed was "seems plausible, go on". Funny how it's the opposite now.

Vampyres/Vampires (yes, there were as many endless autistic fights over how to spell it to indicate the subculture as you think there were):

Sanguinarius -- This is the big one, the great-grandaddy of post-Usenet vampire sites and the central hub for all things psy and sanguinarian vampyre (that wasn't the bloodplay fetish community -- those guys were officially unwelcome, but it was an open secret there was an overlap). Established in 1997 and was still getting updated until 2014. Won't load past the landing page on Waterfox, but Edge worked. Look for posts about a jackass named "Father Todd" to see a shining example of the grooming sex predator that's rampant in troon circles nowadays. Forum is unfortunately unreadable without an account.

Father Todd was the sanguinarian vampire founder and head fangsmith of Sabretooth Fangs, a prosthetic teeth and contact lens company that did work for a few Hollywood movies of the era even (fangs were meh IMO, Dnash's were better, but their contact lenses were incredible). He was periodically in legal trouble, unsurprisingly. I never met that guy, but I did get a set of fangs made by his rival, Dnash, who was a based, very fun dude (who did not claim to be a vampyre, but loved making costume teeth and was an amazing craftsman, his shit was A-tier Hollywood grade that would run you $300 for a full set like the logo in his business card below (worth every penny). Day job was a dental technician. Side gigs were his metal band and his fangsmithing). He always signed his business cards by biting them. Somehow, I still have an (unsigned) card kicking around. It's shiny like chrome, camera can't catch it unfortunately. Enjoy a relic from late 90s/early 2000s vampyre culture.

DnashCard2004.JPG

Drink Deeply And Dream -- This was one of the other big vampyre hubs, also launched in 1997. Population here skewed mid-late teens, while Sanguinarius was more 18+. Forum sadly picked up a requirement to register to read it, and I doubt anyone is still handling signups. A shame, because it was huge and would be a fantastic time capsule. A lot of these early subculture boards went fully private somewhere after 2005.

1642586038571.png

Psi-Vamp -- A Tripod-hosted survivor from 1999! Different from the two above as it's a personal site dedicated solely to life as a psychic (psi/psy) vampire. No blood drinking. Psy and sang vampirism were the two big "species" of vampires back in the old subculture, with of course some snowflakes claiming to feed either way because even in a blizzard, someone's got to be the biggest snowflake.

"Vampires Today" -- Not a forum, but a short book written by Joe Laycock documenting the vampire subculture of this era (ignore the cringy cover, it was the publisher's choice). Interviews a bunch of the better-known members, especially around the US Southeast. It's accurate.

Otherkin:

Embracing Mystery -- Otherkin were rare as hell on the internet before 2005, at least from what I saw (maybe they were all hiding on IRC or ICQ chatrooms, or AOL-hosted boards or Usenet). Most peoples' quests for specialness were able to be satisfied with being a vampire, a therian, or practicing some form of magic. (And the stories I could tell about those late 90s magic/occult sites! Now there is a subculture that's been utterly consumed by Woke, even the Chaos magicians. The old chaotes from the 80s and 90s would've bitchslapped all the little neo-Puritans who don't even know how to design a proper sigil. They're literally the shit all that was culture-jamming against.) This was the only active forum of any notable size I ever found for these guys. Site is in tatters, but the main page and some of the articles survive. The current forum isn't the original EZboard one from its heyday, and the archives of that are inaccessible due to a stupid legal dispute over rights to ezboard archive content (not just for this site, for all ezboard stuff). I may have seen the Patient Zeros for both the demon-dragon-wolf and the angel-demon-god-kin on this board in the early 2000s (that last guy was a cow even to that board's users). Sheer entertainment, my favorite private cattle pasture. Also met one of the only oldschool, theistic Satanists I ever ran across on this board. Pleasant German gentleman, knew his Goetia and medieval necromantic texts. I have no idea what he was doing on that board even briefly, because he was way too knowledgeable and serious for that circus. Maybe he, too, was farming some milk.

It's one thing that really does amuse me. "Wokeness" was very, very present in the 2000s, even the early ones. The entire "punk rock" movement seems like a predecessor to what we have today in many ways, you have emos and other similar social contaigens, etc.

I think that the main differences between then and now are that people today live almost entirely though the internet, and in the past, most of these social things, kinks, fetishes, bad views, etc would be regulated out of a person due to the sheer notion that you actually have to live in reality and receive your sense of community largely from the people actually around you. Now, you really, really don't.

I'm not saying that all the weird stuff from the 2000s died out (furries certainly still thrive), but all the urges, the social justice stuff, weird subcultures, etc? You can see shadows of what was to come in the 2000s, its just that in any other society, the people would (and many did) grow out of them sans the internet.

Good parallel -- the punk rock and several other of the major musical-aesthetic subcultures that predated the year 2000 also went through the same cannibalization by the Wokeborg, leaving behind nothing but conformist Identity-Left faux anarchism (punk) and generic BDSM fetish culture with fangs (Goth). I'd say the industrial music scene went through the same process, but it mostly just died as an identifiable movement, at least in North America. (I'm not bitter, I'm rusty. Fuck I miss actually fun subcultures.) Interestingly, if my sailing trips on Rutracker and other Eastern European zines and trackers are any indicator, these subcultures still exist out in that part of the world as something other than pod-people hosts for wokeshit.

We've manufactured a complete cultural breakdown over the issue of taking a shit in the McDonald's.

:winner: I don't think I've ever seen a better summary of all this tardation.

Visible Belly Outline

Speak now or forever be a BITCH
kiwifarms.net
Dropping this here because why not.

I saw a younger relative recently that I haven’t seen in years, and the girl has had a rough life to say the least but was adopted by supportive family after her mom became a crackhead.

Last time I saw her she was normal, this time she showed up to a formal event wearing men’s dress clothes with half and half colored hair cut short.
Tumblr personified.
Used to babysit this girl and now she’s a they them :(