Love Letter and Yandere Sim Clones - Where jilted weebs try to one-up their former virgin-with-rage senpai

Ramen Timer

Which do you like better; ramen, or me?
kiwifarms.net
The proper response to anyone who threatens suicide is "DO IT FAGGOT".
Side characters aren't a bad thing. Giving a game lore even if its shitty gives fans something to think about. I'd be lying if I said that yandere simulators lore didn't pique my interest even a little bit. It creates a much more realistic world that players can place themselves into and play with, and outside of it, it provides a much larger platform for OC, speculation, and discussion, which is all good for a games publicity. Of course lore isn't necessary but its interesting nonetheless.
I agree that lore for side characters are awesome, and is something i'd definitely do, but these people put WAY too much into their backstories.
Screenshot (1120).png

Screenshot (1121).png

Muskrat

kiwifarms.net
I agree that lore for side characters are awesome, and is something i'd definitely do, but these people put WAY too much into their backstories.
View attachment 1489193
View attachment 1489194
This reads more like the summary of a larger text than a backstory. This doesn't seem that interesting but there will still be people who take it and put it in a fanfiction of course. Lore is pretty much expected to be mysterious and interesting.

at least its C+

great googly moogly its all gone to shit
kiwifarms.net
I am pretty sure unless he makes a contract that volunteer signs with their signature, that Discord post has no effect.
It absolutely has no effect. The written agreement is the point of the original copyright holder to hand it off to another for use, especially commercial use. The fact that Dr.Apeis did not create a contract for the use of Shortcake's design is pretty fucking stupid, as verbal consent can be revoked at any point. Reading the file posted above me, it seems that it's exactly the same issue with TheOriginalBee. He's clearly too downright incompetent to be organizing.

Hilariously he's in the same spot as Yandev right now ; better just remake it from scratch.

pisspie420

"uh ohhh stinkyyyy"
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
He pretty much made no contract at all. It was never even volunteer work in the first place. I was never a "volunteer" until the volunteer server was created, basically.
Never got paid, never commissioned and the fact they tried to claim it was a group effort because of colour suggestions is daft to me.

image0.jpg

The Cum Consumer

kiwifarms.net
He pretty much made no contract at all. It was never even volunteer work in the first place. I was never a "volunteer" until the volunteer server was created, basically.
Never got paid, never commissioned and the fact they tried to claim it was a group effort because of colour suggestions is daft to me.

>british spelling
Are you Shortcake by any chance?

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net

Are you Shortcake? If so, welcome to the Farms! Enjoy the tumbling down of Love Letter with us.

EDIT: ninja'd

pisspie420

"uh ohhh stinkyyyy"
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Are you Shortcake? If so, welcome to the Farms! Enjoy the tumbling down of Love Letter with us.
>british spelling. Are you Shortcake by any chance?
Yes and yes.
Just to be clear, I am incredibly critical of LL due to what has happened and I refuse to stay silent any longer.
I am glad they changed the design, but IMO, they should of done this from the start the moment I revoked their rights to use her design and concept.
While the whole doxxing thing did kinda spook me, I did private everything for my own mental well being. Ill admit I was and still am by extent, a cringe lord. I'll take that fat L and apologise for that, and I intend to improve myself in the future.

I don't wanna bash Apeis by going "haha stinky", I want to be as clear cut with this as possible as the ex voice actress for Bow Chan has recently come out with an incredibly long statement and screenshots to back up their points.
I still, in a way, have hope for the game, I'll admit that I can be too kind for my own good and despite this, I didn't want to see the game fail, but after all this? My hope is wavering.

I am still doing art, but I'm still experimenting with various styles so I don't have a concrete one. I am willing to hear critiques as I strive to improve. Feel free to ridicule my old style.
Men have never been my strong suit but I am getting better, and any and all help is appreciated.

Stay safe, everyone.

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
Yes and yes.
Just to be clear, I am incredibly critical of LL due to what has happened and I refuse to stay silent any longer.
I am glad they changed the design, but IMO, they should of done this from the start the moment I revoked their rights to use her design and concept.
While the whole doxxing thing did kinda spook me, I did private everything for my own mental well being. Ill admit I was and still am by extent, a cringe lord. I'll take that fat L and apologise for that, and I intend to improve myself in the future.

I don't wanna bash Apeis by going "haha stinky", I want to be as clear cut with this as possible as the ex voice actress for Bow Chan has recently come out with an incredibly long statement and screenshots to back up their points.
I still, in a way, have hope for the game, I'll admit that I can be too kind for my own good and despite this, I didn't want to see the game fail, but after all this? My hope is wavering.

I am still doing art, but I'm still experimenting with various styles so I don't have a concrete one. I am willing to hear critiques as I strive to improve. Feel free to ridicule my old style.
Men have never been my strong suit but I am getting better, and any and all help is appreciated.

Stay safe, everyone.
Thanks for giving some more of your input here. I'm really glad that you're attempting to improve not just your art, but yourself as a person as well. I also read Bow-chan's former voice actress's statement about Love Letter and all the stuff that went down and it was extremely eye-opening. I feel exactly as you do now. I once was hoping that the game would succeed because every other YanSim-inspired game in the past was pretty much unsuccessful and I wanted Love Letter to be an exception, but now I feel like all the hope I once had for this game is pretty much gone. I'm really appreciative of you for coming on here and telling us that you refuse to be silent about what it was like to work on the game anymore. More people need to know about all the nasty stuff going on behind the scenes and unfortunately, I currently see many people turning a blind eye to it or not wanting to get involved with "drama". Hopefully, you coming to this site will help encourage more onlookers to find out more about all the chaotic and heinous acts that are currently not in the public eye.

Best of luck to you, Shortcake.

Ramen Timer

Which do you like better; ramen, or me?
kiwifarms.net
Yes and yes.

Stay safe, everyone.
Don't forget to get verified by staff.

pisspie420

"uh ohhh stinkyyyy"
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for giving some more of your input here. I'm really glad that you're attempting to improve not just your art, but yourself as a person as well. I also read Bow-chan's former voice actress's statement about Love Letter and all the stuff that went down and it was extremely eye-opening. I feel exactly as you do now. I once was hoping that the game would succeed because every other YanSim-inspired game in the past was pretty much unsuccessful and I wanted Love Letter to be an exception, but now I feel like all the hope I once had for this game is pretty much gone. I'm really appreciative of you for coming on here and telling us that you refuse to be silent about what it was like to work on the game anymore. More people need to know about all the nasty stuff going on behind the scenes and unfortunately, I currently see many people turning a blind eye to it or not wanting to get involved with "drama". Hopefully, you coming to this site will help encourage more onlookers to find out more about all the chaotic and heinous acts that are currently not in the public eye.

Best of luck to you, Shortcake.
I thank you for the support, I won't lie, the support I have received here seems quite surreal. I'll admit that I did leak those screenshots to Cameron as, despite the fact I do not agree with him on a lot of points and I myself have my own critiques, he did not deserve to get raided like he did. How Apeis handled that was toxic and downright childish and I was a fool to be apart of that. Cameron and I both apologised to one another about this. Apeis could of acknowledged the videos existence and ignore it, but instead, he got multiple people to raid the video. I did this as I believed it was the right thing to do and he deserved the truth.
People say that this is "drama" and this is for "clout" because I "didn't speak up sooner". I would of spoken about this sooner but I still wanted to have faith in this project. I still had a lot of love for it, but now, that love has become dust in the wind.
I never signed anything to rightfully give him my design and concept as stated before. I never gave him the rights and I rightfully revoked it.
A lot of people are unaware of how art copyright works. They could of made a complete overhaul first thing but they disregarded it and claimed that it was group effort.

I do hope that everyone is having a wonderful day, though!
1596320252927.png

I asked her earlier to do that as well. Hopefully she does it soon; otherwise, there will be a bunch of people claiming it's not her.
Im gonna sound real stupid, but how do I get in contact with staff to verify?

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
I thank you for the support, I won't lie, the support I have received here seems quite surreal. I'll admit that I did leak those screenshots to Cameron as, despite the fact I do not agree with him on a lot of points and I myself have my own critiques, he did not deserve to get raided like he did. How Apeis handled that was toxic and downright childish and I was a fool to be apart of that. Cameron and I both apologised to one another about this. Apeis could of acknowledged the videos existence and ignore it, but instead, he got multiple people to raid the video. I did this as I believed it was the right thing to do and he deserved the truth.
People say that this is "drama" and this is for "clout" because I "didn't speak up sooner". I would of spoken about this sooner but I still wanted to have faith in this project. I still had a lot of love for it, but now, that love has become dust in the wind.
I never signed anything to rightfully give him my design and concept as stated before. I never gave him the rights and I rightfully revoked it.
A lot of people are unaware of how art copyright works. They could of made a complete overhaul first thing but they disregarded it and claimed that it was group effort.

I do hope that everyone is having a wonderful day, though!
View attachment 1489270
I'm really frustrated right now that there's a lot of people in LL's fanbase turning on you now and thinking that you did all of this for clout, like you just said. I understand that you're very proud of your designs and I feel like you should be able to do whatever you want with them because Apeis never had you sign any sort of official contract. I'd be really upset too if I was in your shoes. For him to just suddenly come out and say that after you quit the team makes my blood boil to be honest. All of that plus the fact that he asked the other Discord members if any of them wanted to keep an exposed predator on the team just really cemented my opinion that Apeis is extremely toxic and incompetent with handling production of LL.

So I have to just post verifying stuff on here, right? Thank you for this, and I love your icon!
Yep! If you have any more questions or concerns, we'll be here to help you.

Synthesizer Patel

Crime's so bloody bad these days
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1489193
View attachment 1489194
So... people are just adding mountains of text about their OCs to the wiki, which I'm assuming is fan-run and has nothing to do with the actual game itself? Which makes it less "side character lore" and more... straight-up fanfiction.

These are... all listed as OCs, and there are nearly 200 of them. Either this is some kind of "apply for your character to become canon!" process or people are just really, really hyped about this game and want to pretend they're part of the project by writing pages about side characters that don't even exist. Complete with "trivia" sections.

I mean, seeing as the game doesn't exist and probably never will, I guess it makes these about as "canon" as any other character.

Lime Rogue

Zesty Villain
kiwifarms.net
To think people called me optimistic when I speculated about Shortcake's redemption arc a while back. :story:

Yes and yes.

Stay safe, everyone.
Hey, welcome to the farms!
Feel free to participate in the "post your art thread" in the Art and Literature section (or message me for more art sperging, that'd be fun).

Tags
None