Love Letter and Yandere Sim Clones - Where jilted weebs try to one-up their former virgin-with-rage senpai

GoomsThrowawayAccount

Pathetic.
kiwifarms.net
A mutual on twitter did fanart for love letter like 3 days ago and I told them they might regret putting time and effort into a tribute for a game that will inevitably crash and burn considering its dev team. Two days later the dispute about who owns the main character happened. I shouldn't gloat but it just feels so good being right.
And now the artist (or ex-artist, rather) even joined us. Absolutely Ebin.

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
To think people called me optimistic when I speculated about Shortcake's redemption arc a while back. :story:

Hey, welcome to the farms!
Feel free to participate in the "post your art thread" in the Art and Literature section (or message me for more art sperging, that'd be fun).
I second that last part. Posting your art in that section of the thread will help you figure out which areas you can improve your art in.

Yukari Yakumo

Welcome to the Apocalypse, here's your moisturizer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thank you for the support, I won't lie, the support I have received here seems quite surreal. I'll admit that I did leak those screenshots to Cameron as, despite the fact I do not agree with him on a lot of points and I myself have my own critiques, he did not deserve to get raided like he did. How Apeis handled that was toxic and downright childish and I was a fool to be apart of that. Cameron and I both apologised to one another about this. Apeis could of acknowledged the videos existence and ignore it, but instead, he got multiple people to raid the video. I did this as I believed it was the right thing to do and he deserved the truth.
People say that this is "drama" and this is for "clout" because I "didn't speak up sooner". I would of spoken about this sooner but I still wanted to have faith in this project. I still had a lot of love for it, but now, that love has become dust in the wind.
I never signed anything to rightfully give him my design and concept as stated before. I never gave him the rights and I rightfully revoked it.
A lot of people are unaware of how art copyright works. They could of made a complete overhaul first thing but they disregarded it and claimed that it was group effort.

I do hope that everyone is having a wonderful day, though!
View attachment 1489270
In all honesty, this just warms my heart. To think somebody who I originally thought was going to be one of *those* people turned out to be quite the sweetheart, best of luck and welcome to the farms! :optimistic:

Zyxia

Beautiful girl in a beautiful world
kiwifarms.net
I mean, no one here should be surprised at all by the immense controversy and overall bullshit that's risen from this project literally every few days. LL was simply a hype beast of anti alex memes.

Nothing good usually comes out of a game being developed by inexperienced and unprofessional students.
Or a discord managed primarily by children and immature young adults who live on the internet.
I've honestly seen minecraft servers handled better than this.

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, one negative piece of news about LL after another suddenly being followed up with Shortcake herself coming here to the thread was something I didn't expect. However, her coming here really did bring a more positive atmosphere to the thread. It's really cool that she decided to hang out with us here as Love Letter is collapsing in on itself as we speak.

Yukari Yakumo

Welcome to the Apocalypse, here's your moisturizer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, one negative piece of news about LL after another suddenly being followed up with Shortcake herself coming here to the thread was something I didn't expect. However, her coming here really did bring a more positive atmosphere to the thread. It's really cool that she decided to hang out with us here as Love Letter is collapsing in on itself as we speak.
Remember when Love Letter was simply Yandere Simulator but actually somewhat playable? Yeah, me neither.

pisspie420

"uh ohhh stinkyyyy"
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Welcome to the farms Shortcake, very glad you decided to join.
As for the whole LL situation, you did the right thing and I hope people are not attacking you for it.
Wishing you all the best.
Thank you, Lord DIO!
People have tried to paint me as a villain for showing Cameron their immaturity and tried to claim I was on some sort of high horse for rightfully taking my design back.

On another note. The only Japanese member of the volunteering team has left.

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
Thank you, Lord DIO!
People have tried to paint me as a villain for showing Cameron their immaturity and tried to claim I was on some sort of high horse for rightfully taking my design back.

Like I said before, I'm really frustrated with anyone who thinks that you took your designs back for "clout" or for "drama purposes". They're rightfully yours, like you said, and they do not belong to the LL development team because no formal contract was signed at the time. I am curious though...who was the Japanese member of the volunteering team? I totally don't blame them for leaving the team though, given how LL's development has been a garbage fire this entire week so far.

DestroyerDio

kiwifarms.net
Thank you, Lord DIO!

Japanese are too smart to get themselves involved with such stuff. Not surprised they left at all.
Contrary to the belief of people like Alex and Apeis, Japanese are far from the otakus seen in anime.

Canned Bread

Wow, they have it!
kiwifarms.net
I swear to god this whole situation with LoveSick and Dr. Apeis is so similar to the SoK fallout that it's making me feel like I'm having deja vu.

Thank you, Lord DIO!

Not very surprising. From my experience, Japanese people tend to avoid conflict, as their culture dis-encourages it. Meanwhile, there is basically no way to be involved with Love Letter right now without being involved directly in some sort of drama.

That being said, I wouldn't be to worried about what other people think about you.

pisspie420

"uh ohhh stinkyyyy"
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Like I said before, I'm really frustrated with anyone who thinks that you took your designs back for "clout" or for "drama purposes". They're rightfully yours, like you said, and they do not belong to the LL development team because no formal contract was signed at the time. I am curious though...who was the Japanese member of the volunteering team? I totally don't blame them for leaving the team though, given how LL's development has been a garbage fire this entire week so far.
They wish to remain anonymous as of now.

Ramen Timer

Which do you like better; ramen, or me?
kiwifarms.net
Like I said before, I'm really frustrated with anyone who thinks that you took your designs back for "clout" or for "drama purposes". They're rightfully yours, like you said, and they do not belong to the LL development team because no formal contract was signed at the time.
I'm beginning to notice a lot of shitty developers tend to pull this stunt, where if someone who's part of the team leaves or is kicked out due to drama, they'll go put up a disclaimer claiming everything made for them is theirs.
It's a common tactic they use so nobody can protect their work in the event of someone else calling it quits.

coachmuppet

kiwifarms.net
I can say they helped with Japanese customs and way of life as they were also apart of the artist team.
Is it this person?
Here is the Lead Artist: https://twitter.com/KibbySupreme for loveletter
Looking at her twitter, I don't find anything bad or cringy . I change my mind about this project, this project getting a better direction
Here the art for Bow Chan
View attachment 1467314
Lead Artist: Kibby
Main Chara designer : Shortcake
Edit: Proof
View attachment 1467320

Tags
None