Loved and losing- what would you choose, and why? - Slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune. Warning: potentially depressing.

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

SITHRAK!

“…an alt-right villain.” RIP @Arm Pit Cream
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're married. Met her in college, dated for a couple years, but it didn't work out because you were both too young and stupid.
You met back up with her later in life, when you both had your shit together.
She was done with her latest relationship with a fucking loser. You were done with your latest relationship with a psychopathic single mother.
The two of you hit it off and start dating again. Neither of you have ever been married or had kids.
One day, you pop the question, she says yes. Your relationship goes from strength to strength.
Although there's no kids, you invest wisely and are on track to retire with a decent income by no later than your mid 50's.
You've been married for almost a decade.
Then, one day, out of the blue, she approaches you with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I love you but I've met someone. It's serious. There will always be a place for you in my heart, but it's him that I really need to be with. I'm sorry, so sorry".
or
"I've just had a call from my doctor. It's not endometriosis. Its uterine cancer. I could have two months, I could have two years. We're not sure."

So which would you pick, and why?

Niggernerd

Hiya pops, long time no post.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're married. Met her in college, dated for a couple years, but it didn't work out because you were both too young and stupid.
You met back up with her later in life, when you both had your shit together.
She was done with her latest relationship with a fucking loser. You were done with your latest relationship with a psychopathic single mother.
The two of you hit it off and start dating again. Neither of you have ever been married or had kids.
One day, you pop the question, she says yes. Your relationship goes from strength to strength.
Although there's no kids, you invest wisely and are on track to retire with a decent income by no later than your mid 50's.

"I'm sorry, I love you but I've met someone. It's serious. There will always be a place for you in my heart, but it's him that I really need to be with. I'm sorry, so sorry".
or
"I've just had a call from my doctor. It's not endometriosis. Its uterine cancer. I could have two months, I could have two years. We're not sure."

So which would you pick, and why?
Neither cause I'd never waste my money on college.

Wowcoolusername

Autist. My pronouns are Retard/Faggot/Nigger
kiwifarms.net
If it's someone I care deeply for, I'd rather they be happy with someone else if that's what they truly feel is better for them, instead of seeing them die a premature death but still being with me. This is like a literal "if you love something, set it free" situation, kinda.

Which would you rather have? Which are you currently facing? Do you have a choice in the matter? Are you in a situation where you feel giving your wife cancer is the only solution to keep her from leaving you, or on the flip side are you in a situation where your wife's only chance at curing her cancer is to leave you for someone else? I have so many questions about why the non-hypothetical you offered is presented the way it is.

SITHRAK!

“…an alt-right villain.” RIP @Arm Pit Cream
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Which would you rather have?
I’d rather not have to choose.
Which are you currently facing?
One of them, not the point.
Are you in a situation where you feel giving your wife cancer is the only solution to keep her from leaving you, or on the flip side are you in a situation where your wife's only chance at curing her cancer is to leave you for someone else?
You’re reading way too much into it. It’s A or B. Which would you choose, if you had a choice?

Not Really Here

"The Blackface Lawyer and Racist Dog Show"
kiwifarms.net
Cancer, lots of treatment options available(at least in the US) and if she's leaving you because death she's not a whore taking half of your shit.

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean, I guess the cuck option would be kinder, and yeah if you really love her then maybe it's better to take the L yourself than have her get cancer? But fuck that, I'd probably go with the cancer option, then make sure she gets treatment.

Like, think about it if the roles were reversed. What if it was you, and you were asking yourself the question "would I rather find a hotter, younger, more interesting girl to leave my wife for? Or get ball cancer?" Now, obviously, the first option is way, way better for you, and if you pick it, you're a selfish cunt.

So if leaving your spouse makes you a selfish opportunist, why - when the roles are reversed - would you ever want to reward the selfish opportunism of your spouse? "Oh wifey, I want you to be happy; please yes, forsake our vows and decade of partnership to go run off with Lance the pool boy"? No, fuck that. If your wife is the kind of person who'd ditch you for the pool boy, then screw her - she's not worth your consideration, so the bitch can get cancer.

I dunno which one you're facing OP. I hope it's neither, really. But I think regardless of how you look at it, then as horrible as it is, cancer would be the better choice here. Best of luck man.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
I mean, I guess the cuck option would be kinder, and yeah if you really love her then maybe it's better to take the L yourself than have her get cancer? But fuck that, I'd probably go with the cancer option, then make sure she gets treatment.

Like, think about it if the roles were reversed. What if it was you, and you were asking yourself the question "would I rather find a hotter, younger, more interesting girl to leave my wife for? Or get ball cancer?" Now, obviously, the first option is way, way better for you, and if you pick it, you're a selfish cunt.

So if leaving your spouse makes you a selfish opportunist, why - when the roles are reversed - would you ever want to reward the selfish opportunism of your spouse? "Oh wifey, I want you to be happy; please yes, forsake our vows and decade of partnership to go run off with Lance the pool boy"? No, fuck that. If your wife is the kind of person who'd ditch you for the pool boy, then screw her - she's not worth your consideration, so the bitch can get cancer.

I dunno which one you're facing OP. I hope it's neither, really. But I think regardless of how you look at it, then as horrible as it is, cancer would be the better choice here. Best of luck man.
the problem with this line of thinking is that the question is framed in a way that presents it as an either/or choice

if she's dumping him then picking cancer sounds reasonable, but if you pick cancer then she isn't dumping him in the first place which means giving her cancer is just evil and cruel

Solid Snek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the problem with this line of thinking is that the question is framed in a way that presents it as an either/or choice

if she's dumping him then picking cancer sounds reasonable, but if you pick cancer then she isn't dumping him in the first place which means giving her cancer is just evil and cruel
Well sure, but it IS an either/or choice. Per the OP's stipulations, his wife is going to do one or the other, either leave him or get cancer.

Obviously getting cancer is bad, and if you had a simple choice between having cancer and not having cancer, you'd clearly pick not having cancer (unless maybe you and your wife are munchies?). But sadly, simply not having cancer is not an option here. It's either having cancer, or not having cancer AND she's a cheating whore who's trying to manipulate you, leveraging your love for her in order to make her exit from your life easier and more profitable.

Again, just think about how this question would play if it were you in the wife's position. Would you rather get cancer and stay faithful to your spouse, or would you run off with the babysitter? And if you're running off with the babysitter, then should you really expect / demand your wife be totally cool and selfless about it?

Just speaking for myself here, I'd rather run off with the babysitter, no doubt. But I'd also be under no illusion or expectation that my wife should prefer me cheating to getting cancer; if I love her, then I'd want her to hate my guts and hope I get cancer. I'm acting like a bad person, the wife I love would be better off with me getting cancer, so for her sake? Please wife, my flesh is too weak, wish cancer on me.
But if I don't love her, and I just want to get the best possible outcome for myself (I run off with the babysitter, wife cuckqueens with grace and dignity) then fuck me. I deserve cancer even more.

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net

Ok, so there's a glaring gaping plot-hole to this "hypothetical" that leaves a lot of unanswered questions... like what the fuck was going on in between that entire decade that she decided to start seeing another dude rather than work out the issues she was having with you? Either this woman was just riding the coat-tails for so long, stringing you along because you kept giving her what she wanted, that she got bored of you and went to someone else that had more of what she wanted, or you did something or said something that made her question the relationship she was in, made her feel unhappy, and reminded her of her last relationship with the loser.

There's a piece missing to this puzzle, because women just don't out of the blue go "ah fuck it, lol!" unless there's a reason for it.