Loved and losing- what would you choose, and why? - Slings and arrows of outrageous misfortune. Warning: potentially depressing.

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.

SITHRAK!

“…an alt-right villain.” RIP @Arm Pit Cream
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're married. Met her in college, dated for a couple years, but it didn't work out because you were both too young and stupid.
You met back up with her later in life, when you both had your shit together.
She was done with her latest relationship with a fucking loser. You were done with your latest relationship with a psychopathic single mother.
The two of you hit it off and start dating again. Neither of you have ever been married or had kids.
One day, you pop the question, she says yes. Your relationship goes from strength to strength.
Although there's no kids, you invest wisely and are on track to retire with a decent income by no later than your mid 50's.
You've been married for almost a decade.
Then, one day, out of the blue, she approaches you with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I love you but I've met someone. It's serious. There will always be a place for you in my heart, but it's him that I really need to be with. I'm sorry, so sorry".
or
"I've just had a call from my doctor. It's not endometriosis. Its uterine cancer. I could have two months, I could have two years. We're not sure."

So which would you pick, and why?

Knight of the Rope

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You met back up with her later in life, when you both had your shit together.
You're posting here with us. In what way do you have your shit together?

Anyway, you have my condolences for your wife cheating on you with a better guy.
(How did I know? Well, here's the pro-tip: If it was really the terminal cancer, you wouldn't be making that hypothetical about it.)

SITHRAK!

“…an alt-right villain.” RIP @Arm Pit Cream
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the problem with this line of thinking is that the question is framed in a way that presents it as an either/or choice

if she's dumping him then picking cancer sounds reasonable, but if you pick cancer then she isn't dumping him in the first place which means giving her cancer is just evil and cruel
Here, let me phrase it more simply. Would you prefer to lose someone you love to another man, or to cancer?

break these cuffs

Howard T. Petrazelli
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here, let me phrase it more simply. Would you prefer to lose someone you love to another man, or to cancer?
The real answer to be beg and plead with them until they let you be their cuck. Getting over a break up is easier lot to deal with than the sudden death of a loved one unless you're 13 and getting broken up with is the worst thing you've ever experienced. This isn't even hard.

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
in that case, probably another man.
if cancer takes her, she's dead no matter what i do, shit sucks.
if another man takes her, i have options. if i'm particularly spiteful and vindictive i can still kill her (and him), or i can just move on. either way, i at least have a choice on how the future plays out.

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cancer, hands down. I have low seven figures in various life insurances on him, and he walks away with around 70% of the income and assets if we divorce. If he dies, I’m both free and comfortably off as the sole beneficiary of his estate and the sole trustee of the kids.

IAmNotAlpharius

Nothing to see here. Move along citizen.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The cancer one would be rough but everyone is going to die eventually. Some people who didn’t think they’d die in that time frame will die because of accidents, disease, etc. life is loss and tbh I’d rather spend a few months with someone I love than not spend any time with them at all.

Apis mellifera

kiwifarms.net
Having lost a couple of close friends and family members to cancer, I'd rather the whore cheat on me so I could just throw her out of my life and be done with it. It'd suck, for sure, and I'd probably die bitter, but having to watch another loved one slowly waste away from brutal drugs as tumors deform their body would be far worse. I don't want to have to witness that a fourth time, fuck cancer.

If I get terminal cancer I want someone to blow my fucking brains out so I don't have to die as a sickly husk.

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I demand you add the choice of you dying in a most embarrassing fashion. Like, with your dick stuck in something. Not your wife though, of course. A better man is getting his dick stuck in her now.

Zero Day Defense

Includes Rumble Pak (tm)
kiwifarms.net
Cancer's not something I'd want for my worst enemy, so the former by default, but uh... the fact that she could say something like that would really say something about my discernment of women.

Like that it sucks ass and I should learn how to figure out if my prospective wife even knows what love is.