Community LuLaRoe

Barbarella

Busy in the Orgasmatron
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Definitely over-saturated. The noir line is apparently patterns that didn’t sell , and returns from consultants who quit. They were sent to China, bleached, and dyed black. People have reported being able to see the former pattern through a bad dye job. They also apparently split, although like lululemon, they did that before too.

Leggings are hardly rare, even “buttery soft” ones. I’m not sure how the hype started with this company but it’s sad as a lot of (admittedly stupid) people are getting ripped off. A company that tells a woman get her on her knees to buy more product should forget about buttery soft and concentrate on durability.

A few people are going to take the money and run, and then this company will go bankrupt. And those women who invested tens of thousands on Noir and leggings only six year olds should wear are gonna go broke. I won’t cry for them, tbh, but I still don’t think a company should get away with it.

admiral

Driftin' n griftin'
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, allegedly Deanne Stidham, lead lady at LuLaRoe told consultants during a no phones allowed training session to “get on their knees and please their man for five minutes so he’ll let you spend more on LuLaRoe.” For a company that hypes modesty, blowjobs for ugly leggings doesn’t sound very modest.
View attachment 333450
Praying's not the only thing Mormons do on their knees.

Durable Mike Malloy

Fine &/or dandy.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Definitely over-saturated. The noir line is apparently patterns that didn’t sell , and returns from consultants who quit. They were sent to China, bleached, and dyed black. People have reported being able to see the former pattern through a bad dye job. They also apparently split, although like lululemon, they did that before too.
This just doesn't make sense to me.
If rejected merchandise were shipped to China, bleached and then re-dyed - well, garment dyeing is a labor intensive process with a high rate of "seconds" even under ideal conditions. Stretch fabrics are categorically ill-suited to garment dyeing, since they take color unevenly, get deformed in a dye bath, and end up looking worn-out, pilled and just...crappy.

Thread shrinkage is an issue, too. Clothes intended for this process must be sewn with the thread at a lower tension to keep seams from puckering, because fabric and thread react differently to the dye bath. Failure to do this results in lots of unsaleable merchandise. Anything with buttons and zippers can't be re-dyed, either, since the fasteners lularoe typically uses are not compatible with the garment dyeing process. The cost to remove and replace them would be comparable to making a new fabric-dyed garment.

And after emerging from the dye bath all wet and shrivelled, each individual piece must be hand-checked for flaws and then hand-pressed, as opposed to just randomly sampling through the lot for quality control as you'd do with new sewn garments.

Pictures people have posted online of clothes from the noir line just don't look garment-dyed to me. Garment-dyed items will have a casual, "washed-down" appearance from the start; they will never look as new out of the package as this noir stuff does, even if they wear like crap and bleed when you wash them.
The cost of labor is too high, the defect rate is too high, and the appearance of garment-dyeing is too distinctive for this to seem plausible. These cheap garments cost no more than $2 to make in the first place when bought in bulk, and lularoe has an established supply chain. I - ahem - don't buy it.

multiverse

Barb Came 4 CWC - survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If rejected merchandise were shipped to China, bleached and then re-dyed - well, garment dyeing is a labor intensive process with a high rate of "seconds" even under ideal conditions. Stretch fabrics are categorically ill-suited to garment dyeing, since they take color unevenly, get deformed in a dye bath, and end up looking worn-out, pilled and just...crappy.

Thread shrinkage is an issue, too. Clothes intended for this process must be sewn with the thread at a lower tension to keep seams from puckering, because fabric and thread react differently to the dye bath. Failure to do this results in lots of unsaleable merchandise. Anything with buttons and zippers can't be re-dyed, either, since the fasteners lularoe typically uses are not compatible with the garment dyeing process. The cost to remove and replace them would be comparable to making a new fabric-dyed garment.

And after emerging from the dye bath all wet and shrivelled, each individual piece must be hand-checked for flaws and then hand-pressed, as opposed to just randomly sampling through the lot for quality control as you'd do with new sewn garments.

Pictures people have posted online of clothes from the noir line just don't look garment-dyed to me. Garment-dyed items will have a casual, "washed-down" appearance from the start; they will never look as new out of the package as this noir stuff does, even if they wear like crap and bleed when you wash them.
The cost of labor is too high, the defect rate is too high, and the appearance of garment-dyeing is too distinctive for this to seem plausible. These cheap garments cost no more than $2 to make in the first place when bought in bulk, and lularoe has an established supply chain. I - ahem - don't buy it.
They could have just over dyed, not bleached. But who knows. The company is as predatory as Amway or Yoing Living or any other pyramid scheme MLM "home based business", whatever was gonna make the the most off this short term cash grab is what they'll do.

Sketch

Lvl 9001 shit poster
kiwifarms.net
Not LuLaRoe related, but the shilling of essential oils and incense is equally as ridiculous (if not more so in regards to the oils). Found this gem in a group I'm in about these annoying pyramid scheme companies.
8a9899e503a469b2d6547515b2a310d0.png

Derailing a bit more...

And power lvl sorry but one time my sister gave me some bullshit crystals for health, love, luck, etc and told me to "carry them around bc they really work just believe in their energy..."
Ok well first of all carrying a bag of stones is fucking heavy, secondly i had a seizure (alone in a bathroom) got broken up with, and ended up in the hospital. I threw those fucking rocks so far in the forest. My sister has always been a bitch. Lol

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah, you don’t ever ship cheap crap back to China for anything. Cheaper just to make more than shipping x2 for such low rent stuff. Now I could see them saying, oh you have a whole warehouse of ugly patterned leggings sitting around? We will buy them if you do a black vat dye on all of them and send them over. Or more likely they have all their old patterns and just had the manufacture produce a run of them in black.

These leggings are just crappy polyester. (From what I’m reading 96% polyester & 4% spandex is the usual mix on leggings) I’m actualky really leery of anything “buttery soft” (like microfiber plush) because it usually means polyester and it won’t be soft or nice after one wash. Wal-mart is full of buttery soft crap.

I’m a bit of a fabric nazi. Fabric sperg
I want my clothes to be cotton/linen/wool. I’m ok with some spandex/rayon mixed in for durability, snug fit or weather protection on certain items. I like my coats and vests to be real down filled, not this “downTex” crap they try to pass off as the real thing by trademarking a misleading name. Sometimes this means I have to buy vintage items because the cheap alternatives with misleading marketing are so common on everything today - you have to read the fine print on interior labels - that you can only be 100% on items produced before Asian sweatshops flooded the industry.

Last edited:

Barbarella

Busy in the Orgasmatron
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I totally believe those who said shipping them back to be dyed isn’t cost effective. I read it here, https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/lularoe/comments/7cyixq/this_black_collection/
Supposedly confirmed by an employee but it’s all gossip.

It’s amazing how things spread. The idea that they are dyed makes sense for those who don’t know how this business works. But who are the people saying they can see the old patterns through? It’s like the telephone game on steroids.

What is obvious is they are predatory. Will they last as long as Amway? I hope not.

MirnaMinkoff

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I totally believe those who said shipping them back to be dyed isn’t cost effective. I read it here, https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/lularoe/comments/7cyixq/this_black_collection/
Supposedly confirmed by an employee but it’s all gossip.

It’s amazing how things spread. The idea that they are dyed makes sense for those who don’t know how this business works. But who are the people saying they can see the old patterns through? It’s like the telephone game on steroids.

What is obvious is they are predatory. Will they last as long as Amway? I hope not.

I started to delving into that crazy...there was a link to the main Lularoe and I think I finally realized why their clothing looks so weird. The "modesty" constrictions they are working within are really strange. You can have nice looking modestly tailored clothing. But LLR seems to try to create clothing that shows exactly what's "allowed" using some strange formula. Like it's always skirts below the knee, but then with socks or boots to cover ankles (which almost no one can pull off b/c it's choppy as hell looking). Like only the calf portion of the legs can be shown, so we are going to try to always show them because its allowed. We can't show bust, shoulders, or biceps but we can show forearms so we always have 3/4 sleeves, etc..

Going through tons of images the clothes are just...awful and unflattering as hell. It seems the try to hire models that are normal sized women, but even with all the help of a professional photo shoot the clothes still look bad. Maybe individual items would work okay but LLR seems to try to put as many pieces of their clothes on model as possible and it looks a mess. The lines on these clothes are as unflattering as humanly possible.

Sparklepants

Concerningly greasy
kiwifarms.net
I started to delving into that crazy...there was a link to the main Lularoe and I think I finally realized why their clothing looks so weird. The "modesty" constrictions they are working within are really strange. You can have nice looking modestly tailored clothing. But LLR seems to try to create clothing that shows exactly what's "allowed" using some strange formula. Like it's always skirts below the knee, but then with socks or boots to cover ankles (which almost no one can pull off b/c it's choppy as hell looking). Like only the calf portion of the legs can be shown, so we are going to try to always show them because its allowed. We can't show bust, shoulders, or biceps but we can show forearms so we always have 3/4 sleeves, etc..

Going through tons of images the clothes are just...awful and unflattering as hell. It seems the try to hire models that are normal sized women, but even with all the help of a professional photo shoot the clothes still look bad. Maybe individual items would work okay but LLR seems to try to put as many pieces of their clothes on model as possible and it looks a mess. The lines on these clothes are as unflattering as humanly possible.
LLR hasn’t used models in a while. The models are all high selling consultants who were given the opportunity to model for LLR. No compensation of course, just an extra box of leggings. They’ve also been hyping nonsensical layering because reasons.

LLR is really popular among purity culture types because it is considered modest by most. It hits almost all the different purity rules and has options for even the most strict Fundamentalist.

MirnaMinkoff

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
LLR hasn’t used models in a while. The models are all high selling consultants who were given the opportunity to model for LLR. No compensation of course, just an extra box of leggings. They’ve also been hyping nonsensical layering because reasons.

LLR is really popular among purity culture types because it is considered modest by most. It hits almost all the different purity rules and has options for even the most strict Fundamentalist.

Yeah, I wanted to be nice with my phrasing but I didn’t mean models in the sense “pro fashion models” but just as anyone posing in photos is the “model.” I didn’t know they used actual victims of their scams as models, I just assumed they were pushing the “everyday mom/woman” in a range of size themes.

Barbarella

Busy in the Orgasmatron
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bingo. I feel so stupid. I didn’t understand the modesty part of it, maybe because I know a consultant who isn’t into modest clothes.

That explains how ugly they are, and the weird silhouettes. I was thinking it was all because they were designed for big girls but it isn’t that, I’ve seen plenty of attractive clothes for bigger girls. It’s the modesty part I completely overlooked.

Such a simple thing went right over my head. Thanks! I really was thinking there were that many people who had such horrible taste for no reason, some I know. In an odd way, I feel a lot better knowing this background.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Maybe individual items would work okay but LLR seems to try to put as many pieces of their clothes on model as possible and it looks a mess.
Back in the general pyramid scheme thread someone posted this dress code guideline from (I think) Facebook for some official (brainwashing) event. If I remember correctly not only was wearing at least one piece of LLR clothing required, but there was a push to wear as much as humanly possible and don't even fucking think about showing up without looking modest. Also although it said you can wear non-LLR clothes it was followed by something like "but why do you even have non-LLR clothes anymore?" Because it's just normal for people to throw out their entire wardrobe and only wear the clothes of whoever they're currently employed by.

Sparklepants

Concerningly greasy
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I wanted to be nice with my phrasing but I didn’t mean models in the sense “pro fashion models” but just as anyone posing in photos is the “model.” I didn’t know they used actual victims of their scams as models, I just assumed they were pushing the “everyday mom/woman” in a range of size themes.
I got what you were going for. It’s a weird little bit of trivia that they use consultants instead of actually paying someone. It’s part of the cult aspect, if you shill hard enough you’ll have the chance to model! Maybe even meet the Layered One herself! You can even SEE THE WAREHOUSE.

Back in the general pyramid scheme thread someone posted this dress code guideline from (I think) Facebook for some official (brainwashing) event. If I remember correctly not only was wearing at least one piece of LLR clothing required, but there was a push to wear as much as humanly possible and don't even fucking think about showing up without looking modest. Also although it said you can wear non-LLR clothes it was followed by something like "but why do you even have non-LLR clothes anymore?" Because it's just normal for people to throw out their entire wardrobe and only wear the clothes of whoever they're currently employed by.
I remember hearing that for sellers it’s “encouraged” that they never wear non-Lula outside the house, since you’re repping the brand. You also have to wear only LLR during live sales on Facebook or popup shops. Even if it’s 100 out and polyester leggings and ugly shirts will make you overheat.
Bingo. I feel so stupid. I didn’t understand the modesty part of it, maybe because I know a consultant who isn’t into modest clothes.

That explains how ugly they are, and the weird silhouettes. I was thinking it was all because they were designed for big girls but it isn’t that, I’ve seen plenty of attractive clothes for bigger girls. It’s the modesty part I completely overlooked.

Such a simple thing went right over my head. Thanks! I really was thinking there were that many people who had such horrible taste for no reason, some I know. In an odd way, I feel a lot better knowing this background.
Modesty culture is weird and invasive. People you’d never expect to believe it pop up. LLR allowed it to grow since it was easily accessible, sorta cute looking modest clothes. LLR isn’t really designed for big girls other than the leggings going up to a 30. The rest of the clothes sizing jumps willy nilly, an XL in Lynnae would be a M in the perfect T, and the sizes can fluctuate between factory. Vietnam has sizes that are a little more forgiving and Guatemala tends to run small. In hardcore groups you’ll see women asking for which factory an item came from so they can have an idea of how it’ll fit.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
LLR isn’t really designed for big girls other than the leggings going up to a 30. The rest of the clothes sizing jumps willy nilly, an XL in Lynnae would be a M in the perfect T, and the sizes can fluctuate between factory. Vietnam has sizes that are a little more forgiving and Guatemala tends to run small. In hardcore groups you’ll see women asking for which factory an item came from so they can have an idea of how it’ll fit.
So all the fun of normal women’s clothing shopping with the added “fun” of ordering online, eye searing patterns, and guaranteed horrible quality? wow such a deal.

Last edited:

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have too much to sperg about in this thread, because LLR are awful (as I sit here in a pair of their leggings)

Theres a FB group about "Defective LuLaRoe"; if you join that its both hilarious and depressing. All the various scams, jams and horror stories are to be found in there.

LLR chews up consultants and spits them out in the most horrendous way. And has now started screwing them out of their 'buyback guarantee' leaving them with stock they are basically selling at consignment stores for way under wholesale cost.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I don't think modest clothing has to be fugly, but it will cost more if you want it to look nice.
Here's some ladies from the early 1900s.
141626569_orig.jpg

Not polyester (it didn't exist yet), not a ridiculous amount of layers, an actual style as opposed to a weird sack.

I don't get why the Noir line was so hyped up, because while you can't buy weird patterned leggings everywhere, you can buy black leggings at the supermarket.

Fareal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Noir was hyped in part by the consultants, because their contracts with the 'roe forbid them to wear ANYTHING non LLR in albums on fb, Facebook live sales, in-person sales, pop ups, home parties, ANY LLR event, in short any time they breathe whilst thinking about LLR.

Since Patrick is a godawful designer and most of the last eighteen months of patterns look like viewing dog sick whilst on an acid trip, the consultants were so fucking happy to get plain black shit into the range because then they could put some semblance of a decent outfit together. They could also start wearing black leggings from Walmart and claiming they were Noir range.

Fareal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the uninitiated, this is the special holiday print he designed this year with his own face on it.

Please bear in mind consultants are not able to order specific prints wholesale, so you didn't know if you had bought this for your inventory until it arrived, and you had to try and sell it on.

IMG_0465.JPG