Community LuLaRoe

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
For the uninitiated, this is the special holiday print he designed this year with his own face on it.

Please bear in mind consultants are not able to order specific prints wholesale, so you didn't know if you had bought this for your inventory until it arrived, and you had to try and sell it on.

I wouldn’t call that a bad design... I’d call it a case of extreme narcissism manifesting as a bad design.

Bunny

kiwifarms.net
They were trying so hard this Christmas with trying to sell these leggings with some blonde chick with them to pass them off as Zooey Deschanel from Elf. I would say they couldn't do that because of copyright, but LulaRoe dgaf about copyright so maybe it was her. Didn't look like her though. They were hideous. I think they thought if they tried to pass it off as her, it would sell.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the uninitiated, this is the special holiday print he designed this year with his own face on it.

Please bear in mind consultants are not able to order specific prints wholesale, so you didn't know if you had bought this for your inventory until it arrived, and you had to try and sell it on.

LOL, that's like "ugly christmas sweater" bad. Seriously, it's so bizarre and ugly I could see hipsters/gay guys buying them for the hilarious WTF kitsch quality but that is so not the demographic they are targeting with this crap.

theriddler3

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It doesn't even look like a holiday print. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought these were uniform leggings Trader Joes employees are supposed to wear.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
They were trying so hard this Christmas with trying to sell these leggings with some blonde chick with them to pass them off as Zooey Deschanel from Elf. I would say they couldn't do that because of copyright, but LulaRoe dgaf about copyright so maybe it was her. Didn't look like her though. They were hideous. I think they thought if they tried to pass it off as her, it would sell.
I think that's meant to be the founder of LuLaRoe.

Muscle Bra

I passed high scholl bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Back in the general pyramid scheme thread someone posted this dress code guideline from (I think) Facebook for some official (brainwashing) event. If I remember correctly not only was wearing at least one piece of LLR clothing required, but there was a push to wear as much as humanly possible and don't even fucking think about showing up without looking modest. Also although it said you can wear non-LLR clothes it was followed by something like "but why do you even have non-LLR clothes anymore?" Because it's just normal for people to throw out their entire wardrobe and only wear the clothes of whoever they're currently employed by.
To be fair, that's just your typical corporate brainwashing mixed in with the "you are your own brand" philosophies of MLMs.

Pretty much every store with a unique brand or style wants its sales folks to wear nothing other than their offerings. Walk into a Gap or a Banana Republic and you won't see a single non-store brand. Hell, Polo/Ralph Lauren is one of the few clothing lines that predominantly sells to men and even the women who work at those stores wear nothing but Polo.

Then, virtually every MLM wants you to fly its colors at all times. That's why ladies selling Avon and Mary Kay always seem to be wearing half their product line on their face at the same time and why you should never talk to a Tupperware rep about cooking or kitchens or even food. And (as an aside) the group sales meetings/conferences of those kinds of orgs are pure hilarity - there's lots of singing, chanting, and corporate cheering, along with multiple "If I did this, you can too!" success stories.

I don't get why the Noir line was so hyped up, because while you can't buy weird patterned leggings everywhere, you can buy black leggings at the supermarket.
Honestly, it's fucking *brilliant* (albeit predatory and a bit abusive of stupid people) to take something as basic as black sportswear and convince a bunch of consumers and independent sales reps that it's scarce and desirable.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Pretty much every store with a unique brand or style wants its sales folks to wear nothing other than their offerings. Walk into a Gap or a Banana Republic and you won't see a single non-store brand. Hell, Polo/Ralph Lauren is one of the few clothing lines that predominantly sells to men and even the women who work at those stores wear nothing but Polo.
Yeah but I expect that in the store, not to actually burn my entire everyday casual wardrobe and get a new one the moment I get hired. Or maybe I'm just foolishly naive since I've never worked in clothing stores.

TinBean

kiwifarms.net
lularoe-is-facing-a-class-action-lawsuit-from-consultants-who-call-it-a-pyramid-scheme.jpg

Would it be catty if I said this looks like Lilly Pulitzer for people who can't afford it?

Also, a grown woman should not be tying her shirts up. That's what you do in, like, seventh grade.

Is this a promotional photo? I think it is just awful. I would not pick at this sort of thing but since someone got paid to create this photograph to promote these clothes-

* The first woman on the left is not too bad but the shawl is ugly with the outfit. Also the material of the leggings, or maybe the size, not sure, do not flatter her legs at all. And she is one of the best of the bunch.

EDIT - Even her shirt is bad. You can see a bit of chubbiness on her tummy that is totally unnecessary. Either the material is cheap and thin or it is too small. I cannot get over the fact that the company thinks these are good promotional photos.
* The next woman, that hat is awful and looks like a Boy George reject from the 80's. I get that people are wearing them again, but I am not sure that is this age group. It looks awful to me and too small. The cut of the dress, where it gathers just beneath her bust, combined with the pattern make her stomach look like she might be pregnant.
* The dresss with stripes at the top looks like a K-Mart reject. Do stripes go with a sunglasses print?
* I thought this was not terrible except for the hat. Then I saw that this is not a dress. It is a misshapen tunic paired badly with a skirt with a pattern that clashes. It is like she woke up still drunk from the night before and just blindly grabbed random clothing from her closet, put it on and left the house.
* The outfit with the tied shirt - she needs better foundation garments if she is going to wear this. Maybe the material is very thin or it is cheap with no liner or something. It makes her tummy look much chubbier than it needs to. A better outfit would flatter her figure. There is no need for her to almost show off a fupa. She is not so big that the tummy is not manageable. Like I said I wouldn't pick on this sort of thing if she was an ordinary person but somebody put this outfit together for promotions.
* Actually not too bad of you like head to toe pink.

These outfits actually make these women's figures in a couple of cases look worse than they probably normally do. These are unflattering outfits. The prints are often ugly to begin with and they're just randomly thrown together it seems. It also looks like maybe the material is thin and cheap because it hugs every bulge on the bodies of the women who are bigger. These women look gross and sloppy because when you have bulges if you want to look good in your clothes you need to be honest with yourself about that. There are a lot of clothes that will flatter these women's figures. But they just don't look good in these. If the material is too thin or too cheaply made it'll do that. Hug everything that you don't want it to hug. It needs a liner or thicker nicer better material.

I'm not the most fashionable person in the world so maybe I'm dead wrong.

Last edited:

Barbarella

Busy in the Orgasmatron
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not the most fashionable person in the world so maybe I'm dead wrong.

You are dead right.

Except I have a feeling if we could see more of that pink thing, there might be more to say. At least the colors don’t clash.

These are the outfits that African orphans would wear after the unsold Goodwill clothing shipment arrives.

And the accessories are awful too. Apparently, the only necklace one can wear is a long pendant, and if something strange is dangling, all the better. (Is that straw under the circle on the woman to the far left?)

If their thing is leggings, than how can they be happy with the leggings in this photo? Cheap, ill-fitting and unflattering.

I’m not sure who Patrick is, but he’s not a clothing designer, right? He’s a print designer? I thought they had all their clothing styles done and named after women already, and now all they do is come up with different prints and try to sell women on the idea that colors don’t matter.

I can’t say that picture of his face is any uglier than any other print from this company. The Trader Joe’s comment made me laugh though, spot on.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Guys. Guys.

You know they are launching a shoe collection, right?

http://www.lularoesupply.com/shoes-1/

The Uptown Boot in Orange Velvet particularly deserves your attention.
I don’t think they’re any uglier than any number of shoes I’ve seen at DSW anytime I’ve been there.

But then I find a large number of shoes either ugly, impractical, uncomfortable, or all three.

Muscle Bra

I passed high scholl bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah but I expect that in the store, not to actually burn my entire everyday casual wardrobe and get a new one the moment I get hired. Or maybe I'm just foolishly naive since I've never worked in clothing stores.
Nah, you're not naive in the slightest. You're thinking completely logically, which goes against the "you are your own brand" mindset of the MLMs.

Ever see Glengarry Glen Ross? Remember the infamous "always be closing" speech? The MLMs want you to always be marketing. If you're at the grocery store and someone compliments your shirt, you're trained to look at that as a sales opportunity. But ... if that person compliments a shirt that *isn't* LLR, you can't turn that into a sale. While corporate will push the brand, they're not going to market you. Hence, you are expected to promote yourself by always wearing LLR.

(Of course (coming from an even more jaded perspective) that also means you need to buy a lot of LLR for your own personal use, which isn't going to break any hearts at corporate...)

Polexia Aphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Guys. Guys.

You know they are launching a shoe collection, right?

http://www.lularoesupply.com/shoes-1/

The Uptown Boot in Orange Velvet particularly deserves your attention.
I am heavy into late 60s/70s bohemian aesthetic so if I saw those boots at a thrift store or yard sale or something I would snap them right up. But I'm certainly not paying that much for them and would probably not buy them at retail cost anywhere, I just don't have enough call to wear boots like that.

I think the Havana Colorblock Heel looks tacky as fuck but what do I know about fashion.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
The studded little boots look like something my twinky gay New Mexican friend would own and hopefully not wear in public.

The colorblock heels remind me of these Giuseppe Zanottis from like...four or five years ago?
img-thing

Barbarella

Busy in the Orgasmatron
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Velvet is in fashion now. Block heels are in fashion, as are mules. Embroidery is last season but still hanging on. Platform is over and done with and with that peep-toe heel, no no no.

Even though some are on trend, there is something off about those shoes. The colors are wrong, and they look cheap.

Those 70s heels are interesting. I’ve not seen them quite like that, except in 70s fashion books. They don’t seem a modern take on that old style, but seem a copy. I like them. Colors are hideous-orange blue pink. Even the blue, which still is around, seems off. These should be in white.

The booties with the side split look off-balance. The metallics-just no. A good metallic can go with everything but these are shiny and hookerish. They mixed golds? And that Havana shoe in the primary colors-Havana should sue them for using its name on that ugly shoe.

Not as bad as I would have expected (except the platform heels) I don’t hate them all, but I don’t think there are any I’d run out to get.

TinBean

kiwifarms.net
LOL, that's like "ugly christmas sweater" bad. Seriously, it's so bizarre and ugly I could see hipsters/gay guys buying them for the hilarious WTF kitsch quality but that is so not the demographic they are targeting with this crap.
Now *there* is a market for them! You are billiant! They would be great for one of those bad Christmas gift exchanges, or to go with a Christmas sweater at an ugly Christmas sweater party.