Community LuLaRoe

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
DhCRhim.jpg

Their swim shorts for women look like swim trunks for gay men.
Are you sure these are for women? Or maybe they're trying to appeal to lesbians?

Dangerhair

kiwifarms.net
A long dangly sleeveless cardigan thing seems really impractical for a mom, though. Any time you have to bend over it'll get in the way, it'll catch on things, etc.

I kind of like the Sarah. But I'm talking about what these ladies are wearing:
lularoe-joy-vest-colors-lace.jpg

edit: didn't see your edit when I posted this
anyway it's fugly

Hell, I'm a guy and I can't help but notice:

Why is the girl on the left wearing two pairs of sunglasses?

2nd from left is the best of the bunch, but you don't really need the lace curtain thing, it just looks out of place.

Girl in the middle is the biggest, so putting her in a knee length horizontal striped dress with lace curtains draped around her makes her look even bigger. She isn't even a big girl, just curvy.

2nd from right has the worst pattern matching

Girl on the right's dress is puckering all over, so it looks badly made, too small, or both.

The elbow length sleeves don't help any of them and they're 4/5 for ugly shoes.

Are you sure these are for women? Or maybe they're trying to appeal to lesbians?

I thought "oh god, they're doing menswear?" when I first saw them. They look like anything you'd get at a TJX off-price store, except half of them don't say "USPA" or "Billabong" down the side.

Lurkette

Professional Depression
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i went to a supposed "rummage sale" at a church nearby, but it was actually just a bunch of people selling pyramid scheme shit with like, one avon table (i don't think avon is a pyramid scheme but either way their products are...decent), and a couple craft tables. THREE lula reps. One outside, two inside. I checked them all out since my mother had asked me to look for shirts for her, and although iirc they had slightly different prices, the cheapest things were xxs leggins for like $30 at all of them. the most infuriating thing, to me, is that some of their products are almost okay. like that amelia dress; the colors are pretty and if it had different shoulders and a uniform pattern i might pay like $15-20 bucks for it. but $60? fuck outta here man.

also the brighter patterns make me illogically angry for some reason.

Polexia Aphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i went to a supposed "rummage sale" at a church nearby, but it was actually just a bunch of people selling pyramid scheme shit with like, one avon table (i don't think avon is a pyramid scheme but either way their products are...decent), and a couple craft tables. THREE lula reps. One outside, two inside. I checked them all out since my mother had asked me to look for shirts for her, and although iirc they had slightly different prices, the cheapest things were xxs leggins for like $30 at all of them. the most infuriating thing, to me, is that some of their products are almost okay. like that amelia dress; the colors are pretty and if it had different shoulders and a uniform pattern i might pay like $15-20 bucks for it. but $60? fuck outta here man.

also the brighter patterns make me illogically angry for some reason.
Avon and Mary Kay are MLMs too.

(:powerlevel:) My fiance is looking into getting into craft shows so I was checking out requirements for a small local one and it said that only ONE table per MLM is allowed. They didn't call it that of course, but some examples they gave were Avon, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, and Lularoe. I personally don't think it should be allowed at craft shows since the seller didn't make it but at small local shows it is just anything goes.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
Hell, I'm a guy and I can't help but notice:

Why is the girl on the left wearing two pairs of sunglasses?

2nd from left is the best of the bunch, but you don't really need the lace curtain thing, it just looks out of place.

Girl in the middle is the biggest, so putting her in a knee length horizontal striped dress with lace curtains draped around her makes her look even bigger. She isn't even a big girl, just curvy.

2nd from right has the worst pattern matching

Girl on the right's dress is puckering all over, so it looks badly made, too small, or both.

The elbow length sleeves don't help any of them and they're 4/5 for ugly shoes.

I thought "oh god, they're doing menswear?" when I first saw them. They look like anything you'd get at a TJX off-price store, except half of them don't say "USPA" or "Billabong" down the side.
Oh man, I didn't even notice she had two pairs of sunglasses.

If I were going to style them, from left to right (removing the lace curtain):
  1. Unknot the dress, sandals are fine, white version of #2's hat, remove one pair of sunglasses.
  2. A more colorful pair of wedges.
  3. No knotted dress, more beachy sandals.
  4. This dress is fugly. The shoes are too club-y. I'd go with maybe espadrilles.
  5. No hat, knee high white socks, cute sneakers.

theriddler3

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The studded little boots look like something my twinky gay New Mexican friend would own and hopefully not wear in public.

The colorblock heels remind me of these Giuseppe Zanottis from like...four or five years ago?
img-thing
Lularoe is a Mormon company with a heavily-Mormon user base (for lack of a better term), no? This is not something I could ever seeing ANY Mormon or jack Mormon I know wearing, and I know a fucking LOT of Mormons because of where I grew up. None of those shoes except for the low heel, velvet sandals could I ever see Mormons wearing. Granted, this is just based off the Mormons I know (not Utah), but the Mormons around here like trendy sparkly stuff with neutral colors which is pretty much the dead opposite of any Lularoe item I've seen.

Lularoe didn't take off here in the Mormon population, but it did in the failed sorority sister population which is where those fugly platform heel things would be popular. Does Lularoe not care that it often completely misses its original main target?

Polexia Aphrodisia

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Avon and Mary Kay are both MLMs but they're a bit more legitimized due to their place as cultural icons, same with Tupperware. We all know some 50+ year old Avon lady who just swears by Skin So Soft!
Mary Kay and Avon are also better priced. You can get some nice makeup without totally breaking the bank. Whereas Lularoe is way overpriced and you can only build ugly outfits.

toilet_rainbow

my reputation for misogyny is legendary
kiwifarms.net
I don't mind Avon much despite being an MLM. Usually the salespeople just leave the catalogs on a table somewhere versus hounding you or spamming your social media. A lot of people actually seem to have fond memories of them. :powerlevel: I remember liking their scented nail polish when I was ten, but I can't remember how well it actually performed. Just that it smelled just like candy. :powerlevel:

Lularoe, however... I don't even see posts about them from the one girl on my Facebook that used to buy them anymore. Guess too much ripping turned her off. You can get better quality clothes at Walmart for a much cheaper price.

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
You leave my buttery soft leggings alone :mad:

But for real, LLR is hilarious. The consultant refusing to show size tags for deaf customers is just the tip of the iceberg. Deanne and Mark Stidham have done so much ridiculous shit, including buying 2 million dollar cars as lawsuits are being filed left and right, putting their faces on what feels like half of this year’s Christmas collection, sending out bad refund checks to consultants who left the business, giving top sellers special access to limited release sales and lying about it, making an “elegant” collection that’s just their normal shit but with some glitter slapped on it, sending hordes of angry LuLaSisters to harass any consulants selling their useless dorito print clothes at under MAP, blatantly stealing designs from artists online and leaving the watermarks in the fucking clothes, offering a 100% buyback with free shipping then changing their minds without warning when too many consultants sent back inventory, blaming it on consulants sending in “dirty, rat pee covered” clothes then changing their return policy to be only items ordered within a year, no limited release, consultant pays shipping and 90% buyback unless they deem your clothes unsalable, then they’ll just donate it for you! Even if you want it back! Because they’re shipping returns to active consultants. Plus an ugly ass polyester dress named after Deanne for $140. And who can forget the legging blowout fiasco from last year? They said it was because of people’s fat asses, not because of bad QC and faulty fabric making it into inventory.

I love me some ugly patterned leggings. I love consultants who are Going Out of Business because I can get my ugly leggings for $7 a pair. I hate LLR and how it’s run and structured. There’s Facebook groups devoted to how bullshit LLR is, the biggest one is LuLaRoe Defective/Ripped/Torn Leggings and Clothes. I’ll go pull some screens later today.

Bless and Release y’all.

This was the company with the defective leggings? I remember hearing about it. Everyone had to have these leggings. But so many of them were defective and splitting. If a ton are splitting then it can't be 100% fat asses. It's your crap quality control at work.

There_is_no_Dana

The only hair
kiwifarms.net
Mary Kay and Avon are also better priced. You can get some nice makeup without totally breaking the bank. Whereas Lularoe is way overpriced and you can only build ugly outfits.

Avon has some great stuff, I'll admit it. I've tried their skincare lines and the eye creams they sell are excellent quality.
This was the company with the defective leggings? I remember hearing about it. Everyone had to have these leggings. But so many of them were defective and splitting. If a ton are splitting then it can't be 100% fat asses. It's your crap quality control at work.

Yes they had a serious issue with them splitting in the ass when people sat down. When it happened, I saw a flurry of posts online from the defenders accusing women of wearing the wrong size or washing/drying inappropriately. I even saw a post where someone assured a potential victim that the "haters" were cutting them up for attention.

Barbarella

Busy in the Orgasmatron
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I think you could be thinking of Lululemon leggings/yoga pants. They were super expensive yet became see-through when stretched, and split up the backside when women worked out. This was a few years back but became a PR nightmare for the company (which is not MLM).

I haven’t heard about defective leggings from lularoe (just ugly ones) but I am not much of a leggings wearer and hadn’t even heard of this company until about a year ago.

theriddler3

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think you could be thinking of Lululemon leggings/yoga pants. They were super expensive yet became see-through when stretched, and split up the backside when women worked out. This was a few years back but became a PR nightmare for the company (which is not MLM).

I haven’t heard about defective leggings from lularoe (just ugly ones) but I am not much of a leggings wearer and hadn’t even heard of this company until about a year ago.
Lularoe has definitely had ongoing quality control issues with splitting and/or tearing pants and immediately pilling leggings. That's actually how I discovered them- people bitching on Facebook. Apparently, the solution from either the company itself or high-raking sellers (can't remember exactly) were telling women that if they expected their overpriced leggings to not "tear like wet toilet paper" (actual quote) after one wearing or no wearings, they needed to hand wash and air dry all their LLR leggings like you would wash a pair of pantyhose. It pissed a lot of people off... The drama was top-notch entertainment.

Edit: http://www.businessinsider.com/lularoe-admits-leggings-are-tearing-holes-2017-3
Lol, apparently the company responded that the tearing problem was an inherent trait of the chemically treated fabric they use. Can't get buttery soft, overpriced leggings without all the downfalls of our cheap materials, y'all!

Last edited:

Acceptable

"C-CUM DUMPSTER?!"
kiwifarms.net
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lularoe-clothing-retailer-founders-speak-out-against-pyramid-scheme-accusations/

Mark won't say precisely who he thinks is trying to generate complaints against the company but does say he believes other companies are targeting LuLaRoe's retailers to try to copy the company's success. So they say, stay tuned.

Meanwhile one marketing expert told us he doesn't think it's an actual pyramid scheme, but that doesn't mean it's a good business opportunity. He says if you're thinking of becoming a consultant in a business like this one, you need to find out how many other people in your area are selling the same product and how much they're making, which is often difficult to determine.

they make kids stuff as well.

2ca29466196b08efaf9f46790cd2a2ab--kids-clothing-group.jpg

Last edited:

Acceptable

"C-CUM DUMPSTER?!"
kiwifarms.net
I have tights that I bought at CVS that I have put through the washer and the dryer multiple times, and they're still in one piece.

The dress on the smaller girl is cute! The leggings....ugh.

the picture i chose was just to show how the kids didn't seem happy, the clothing for the kids is actually super fucking adorable. because its age appropriate... the kids clothing looks amazing, because its what kids are supposed to wear.

0dbc860e24a17250623b1700ea57dff8--lularoe-kids-my-lularoe.jpg

llrmommyme2017_70-2.jpg

also, i found a pair of leggings that legit look like a petri dish growing mold and bacteria.
who the fuck would wear this
bc97ce74ab7c34582ea2e75354e8dff5--bigfoot-sasquatch-doe.jpg

Angry New Ager

HIT ME BABY, ONE MORE TIME
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have tights that I bought at CVS that I have put through the washer and the dryer multiple times, and they're still in one piece.
I buy all my leggings at Costco because I only ever wear them in plain, dark colors. I have pairs that are at least six or seven years old, and while they're looking kind of seedy, they're still wearable, with no holes. And I've never had a pair split at the seams or fail to survive normal laundering.

Clothing that falls apart on the first wearing, or is easily damaged in the wash, is inexcusable. Especially when it's the kind of momwear that's supposed to be practical and easy to care for.

The dress on the smaller girl is cute! The leggings....ugh.
The leggings are hideous, but on kids I don't mind that, or the crazy, mismatched patterns. Left to their own devices, a lot of kids will pick weird color and pattern combinations, so those girls' outfits don't look strange to me.

On adults who should know better? That's a different story. Pulling off contrasting/clashing prints is an artform, and there's hardly anybody can do it successfully. But Lularoe pushes that look, and pushes it hard, for one simple reason: no seller knows which assortment of prints they will get, in what colors. And Lularoe doesn't have a distinct set of colors or patterns for each season that can be coordinated. You get what you get; that's it.

That makes it really hard to put together cohesive outfits from this mishmash of mismatched clothes. A customer who would like to buy several pieces that actually go together in a pleasing way is shit out of luck. So by pushing the crazy-clashing-prints look, and trying to sell it as "fun" and "whimsical," they're making a virtue of necessity.

also, i found a pair of leggings that legit look like a petri dish growing mold and bacteria.
who the fuck would wear this
I see Bigfoot/Sasquatch in there, and the greenish forms look sort of like big nugs of weed that a stoner would draw while baked. So I'm pretty sure there's some young trustifarian in Eugene, Oregon who would cut off their dreadlocks and give their bandanna-wearing dog in exchange for those.

Polexia Aphrodisia

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread has started me looking for Lularoe in public...it's always middle aged moms with faces like potatoes. Saw one lady wearing a pair of leggings that combined orange, blue and yellow...all as bright as can be. I can't describe the pattern properly but it sort of looked like crash dummy logos over squares? Ugly AF. Her kids were brats too...

JaneThough

Part of your world
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got pulled into the LuLaRoe net last year (as a buyer, thank god not an associate). At first, it all seemed fun and the leggings were comfortable to wear around the house (I work from home most of the time, so they were nice to wear). The issue is that the clothing is unbelievably cheap for the price. I personally think the Amelia dress is cute, and I got one that I really like, but the zipper on it is the shittiest, cheapest zipper that gets stuck a hundred times as you try to zip it (and if you are zipping yourself up it's a nightmare). I wore it on a really hot day this past summer where I was sweating a lot, and I almost had to rip it off me, because the zipper was such shit.

For a $60 dress, would it kill to have a better zipper? Also, all the modesty in the clothing is universally unflattering. One or two pieces are nice, but the rest are horrible (Irma? Carly? Ugh).