Community LuLaRoe

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I found a picture of a lady wearing a Carly and it didn't look bad, and then when I saw the larger version you could see the outline of her whole bra. Not good fabric choices there.

The Irma has a high/low hem, which, ugh. All the pictures look like ill fitting scrubs.

JaneThough

Part of your world
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I found a picture of a lady wearing a Carly and it didn't look bad, and then when I saw the larger version you could see the outline of her whole bra. Not good fabric choices there.

The Irma has a high/low hem, which, ugh. All the pictures look like ill fitting scrubs.

You typically have to really style any of the clothes to look good in it (a friend who sells this crap always looks AMAZING in hers). But if you need to add a ton of accessories, or alter the way the thing fit on you, then how is this 'easy' clothing for people like moms who don't want to be bothered with fashion? It's like sweats but with blinding patterns.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
You typically have to really style any of the clothes to look good in it (a friend who sells this crap always looks AMAZING in hers). But if you need to add a ton of accessories, or alter the way the thing fit on you, then how is this 'easy' clothing for people like moms who don't want to be bothered with fashion? It's like sweats but with blinding patterns.
Yeah, my mom's Lands' End sweater sets and stretch pants certainly aren't the most stylish garments ever, but they also aren't aggressively fugly. Basics are better than funky if you don't have time to make funky work.

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
I think you could be thinking of Lululemon leggings/yoga pants. They were super expensive yet became see-through when stretched, and split up the backside when women worked out. This was a few years back but became a PR nightmare for the company (which is not MLM).

I haven’t heard about defective leggings from lularoe (just ugly ones) but I am not much of a leggings wearer and hadn’t even heard of this company until about a year ago.

Oh yeah. The names sound so similar.

I see people all over with these gaudy printed leggings. Some of them are rather large gals and prints can really emphasize that.

I haven't really worn leggings since I was a kid. I prefer knitted tights or stockings. Some people wear leggings with a short shirt and look like it's 1986 and they are going to aerobicise to Bon Jovi music. You really should cover your butt.

I saw something on Youtube about Mary Kay. It was creepy how indoctrinated people can get. There were these three women all dressed like they shop at the same store. All with identical veneers. And they were so hyped up and positive about Mary Kay that it was a little too cultish.

A big goal is to make it up far enough in rank that you get the coveted pink Cadillac. Is there anything that you can get from LuLaRoe for selling over 9000 gaudy pairs of leggings? Do they offer any incentives at all?

Lurkette

Professional Depression
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think you could be thinking of Lululemon leggings/yoga pants. They were super expensive yet became see-through when stretched, and split up the backside when women worked out. This was a few years back but became a PR nightmare for the company (which is not MLM).

I haven’t heard about defective leggings from lularoe (just ugly ones) but I am not much of a leggings wearer and hadn’t even heard of this company until about a year ago.
Lularoe has definitely had ongoing quality control issues with splitting and/or tearing pants and immediately pilling leggings. That's actually how I discovered them- people bitching on Facebook. Apparently, the solution from either the company itself or high-raking sellers (can't remember exactly) were telling women that if they expected their overpriced leggings to not "tear like wet toilet paper" (actual quote) after one wearing or no wearings, they needed to hand wash and air dry all their LLR leggings like you would wash a pair of pantyhose. It pissed a lot of people off... The drama was top-notch entertainment.

Edit: http://www.businessinsider.com/lularoe-admits-leggings-are-tearing-holes-2017-3
Lol, apparently the company responded that the tearing problem was an inherent trait of the chemically treated fabric they use. Can't get buttery soft, overpriced leggings without all the downfalls of our cheap materials, y'all!

lululemon! i forgot about them, but yeah i only know about them because they said their overpriced yoga pants were not actually meant for yoga (duh!), and iirc they made an implied comment about the weight of their customers. classy.

strange coincidence that two overpriced "lul_" companies had the same problem with their leggings.

the picture i chose was just to show how the kids didn't seem happy, the clothing for the kids is actually super fucking adorable. because its age appropriate... the kids clothing looks amazing, because its what kids are supposed to wear.

eeeeeeehhhh...some of those don't look good, but as another person said, kids aren't suppose to have fashion sense, and if any type of clothing could work with geometric shapes/patterns, it'd be kids clothing. but even then, i can't rationalize some of lula's patterns on anyone older then toddler age.

I've always kinda had a fondness for Avon and Mary Kay. Got my first-ever "beauty consultation" from the neighborhood Mary Kay lady, and she picked me for a Winter right away. I've even been known to wear leggings. But the LuLaRoe stuff is just so ... tacky. It brings to mind the word "schmatta."

my mom would always buy a few things now and then from her consultant friends to help them out, and i can't remember her being...i guess disproportionately disappointed? like, sometimes a product wouldn't live up to her expectations, but she didn't spend much so it was always a "you get what you pay for" thing. i was never much into makeup so she'd buy me a necklace or bracelet or something; it was fun to receive things in the mail.

Cake Farts

Competitive Speed Shitting should be a sport
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually remember LuLaRoe and a few reps setting up a pop up shop at my uni for some event. The reps were very middle-age-bohemian-Mormon-y types who tried to peddle the non racist designs or whatever and the “unique clothing for everyone” jib. Fabric was thin and very stretchy, patterns and colors were eyesores and they had a god awful Disney line. Understandably, close to no one bought anything.
C8EE1A24-BFA5-4833-87CD-2C599997E267.jpeg
3E0F62D3-3901-4454-9EDD-33E30496C562.jpeg

Sorry for low res pictures.

Polexia Aphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually remember LuLaRoe and a few reps setting up a pop up shop at my uni for some event. The reps were very middle-age-bohemian-Mormon-y types who tried to peddle the non racist designs or whatever and the “unique clothing for everyone” jib. Fabric was thin and very stretchy, patterns and colors were eyesores and they had a god awful Disney line. Understandably, close to no one bought anything.
View attachment 345055 View attachment 345056

Sorry for low res pictures.
The lower half ones look like Magic Eye patterns...hey, maybe if you look at them right, they'll say "BUY MORE LULAROE" or "JOSEPH SMITH IS PROPHET"

Sparklepants

Concerningly greasy
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah. The names sound so similar.

I see people all over with these gaudy printed leggings. Some of them are rather large gals and prints can really emphasize that.

I haven't really worn leggings since I was a kid. I prefer knitted tights or stockings. Some people wear leggings with a short shirt and look like it's 1986 and they are going to aerobicise to Bon Jovi music. You really should cover your butt.

I saw something on Youtube about Mary Kay. It was creepy how indoctrinated people can get. There were these three women all dressed like they shop at the same store. All with identical veneers. And they were so hyped up and positive about Mary Kay that it was a little too cultish.

A big goal is to make it up far enough in rank that you get the coveted pink Cadillac. Is there anything that you can get from LuLaRoe for selling over 9000 gaudy pairs of leggings? Do they offer any incentives at all?

They can qualify for the yearly cruise, make higher ranks so they can buy their rank rewards, like trainers get a gold watch they have to shell out for on the cruise, and they can potentially model for LLR! Otherwise no. Only Mark gets cool cars.

Do You Realize

What you've done is stick a knife in our backs!
kiwifarms.net
Breaking news! Was announced a couple days ago that LLR/the Stidhams have told all 167 of their permanent California distribution center warehouse employees that they would be laid off for good on December 20 (yep, five days before Christmas, and celebrate that going to Star Wars that night, I guess?). Warehouse has to close prior to January 1 — currently LLR has some kind of 2 million dollar economical incentive they split (and receive a portion of) with the city of Corona as a warehouse providing employment opportunities for an expected period of 40 years. The attorney who brokered this deal two years ago gets almost a quarter million as his commission from LLR. As of 1/1/20 new law and regulations in Corona come into play about oversight and just how much of the percentage LLR and other warehouse-using companies are allowed. So their approximately million dollars of free unfettered-use money they’re getting is going bye-bye and they have to be out of the warehouse in the city before that date or they are subject to the new scrutiny of previous receipts. So 167 people have been told they are definitely losing their jobs five days before Christmas. These are the actual employees in the warehouse, not the clothing consultants. One look at the FB page and you wouldn’t think a thing was wrong. But just Google LuLaRoe and it’s all over business news, etc — LLR gave notice to the EDD as companies are required to give 60 days notice if an entire workforce is being laid off. So they are ditching California where many lawsuits are in progress against them and going to be operating out of their distribution center in South Carolina. I guess this means the Stidhams are moving from their cushy home.

Last edited:

simulated goat

pleasant goat beauty
kiwifarms.net
Never saw this shit in the wild until a few weeks ago when some poor schlub's former business wound up on it's own rack (at inflated prices, of course) at the local thrift store. Tacky polyester tat. Just yesterday saw a two toned Tee that might have been cute if the front wasn't cut to crop length and the back belled out over the ass. Then again I don't get MLM stuff anyways. I can get it cheaper elsewhere and I've seen the havoc the MLM cultism can do to people's relationships with friends and family. Sorry to hear about the warehouse people losing their jobs as the laws catch up to the owners.

lurk_moar

Three Time Survivor of the Rona Jab
kiwifarms.net
I was looking at dresses with a certain print for graduation. I totally fell in love with this one print and the dress had everything that I needed. Lularoe dresses are like paper thin, Walmart, shit tier material. I would have to wear fleece leggings along with a sweater under this dress for fall graduation.

Their shit is fugly like 99.99999999% of their prints are unwearable. The prints are too loud and busy like ‘80s ugliness. I’ve noticed that as I am maturing, so is my sense of style. Not all prints are pretty. I would rather have a nice solid that compliments my natural coloring over an ugly print any day.

Totally spot on about LuLaRoe sellers. My frenemy from my school days is still selling LLR. She’s a stay at home mom married to somebody she met in high school and hasn’t moved out of Whitetrash city.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Never saw this shit in the wild until a few weeks ago when some poor schlub's former business wound up on it's own rack (at inflated prices, of course) at the local thrift store. Tacky polyester tat. Just yesterday saw a two toned Tee that might have been cute if the front wasn't cut to crop length and the back belled out over the ass. Then again I don't get MLM stuff anyways. I can get it cheaper elsewhere and I've seen the havoc the MLM cultism can do to people's relationships with friends and family. Sorry to hear about the warehouse people losing their jobs as the laws catch up to the owners.

About six weeks ago I also noticed a huge influx of ugly, cheap LR leggings at several second hand/goodwill type stores in my area. I walk through these women’s sections once or twice a month and while I’m sure three have been LR crap before, it had never been enough for me to notice with a casual eye. I noticed this because it was dozens upon dozens of unused loud prints in multiple charity stores. Not even at “marked up” prices, just the standard $3 to $5 the price every pair of cheap leggings on the racks.

The LulaRoe ship is sinking at a rapid clip. LR reps are just giving up and donating all their stock to charity stores.

Angry New Ager

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Their shit is fugly like 99.99999999% of their prints are unwearable. The prints are too loud and busy like ‘80s ugliness. I’ve noticed that as I am maturing, so is my sense of style. Not all prints are pretty. I would rather have a nice solid that compliments my natural coloring over an ugly print any day.
The problem with selling solid-colored clothing is that once somebody has bought a piece or two in their favorite colors, there's no impetus to buy more--especially when you're selling low quality at high prices. Want solid leggings? You can get them cheaper, and possibly better quality, at lots of retailers or online. And you can buy them at your leisure, knowing that the ones you see today will still be available next week, or even next month.

LuLaRoe is all about impulse-buying novelty prints because if you don't buy it right away, somebody else will, and you'll never find that print again. So LLR customers end up buying some really ugly shit they later regret because they had to make an on-the-spot decision--buy now or it's gone forever! And when the LLR sales rep is part of your IRL social network and you don't want to offend them, it's even harder to say no.

An awful lot of people will respond to that "buy now, or it's gone forever!" sales tactic, even if they don't necessarily love, or even like, the thing they're buying. Everybody is susceptible to it at some point or another, especially when they're younger, but a lot of us learn from experience and become a lot more willing to "miss out" on stuff that we don't really need and aren't really in love with. However, a lot of people don't, and those are the ones who go ahead and buy the hideous leggings because they might never get a chance to do so again. Fear of being left empty-handed overrides logic.

Dysnomia

Sucka MC
kiwifarms.net
About six weeks ago I also noticed a huge influx of ugly, cheap LR leggings at several second hand/goodwill type stores in my area. I walk through these women’s sections once or twice a month and while I’m sure three have been LR crap before, it had never been enough for me to notice with a casual eye. I noticed this because it was dozens upon dozens of unused loud prints in multiple charity stores. Not even at “marked up” prices, just the standard $3 to $5 the price every pair of cheap leggings on the racks.

The LulaRoe ship is sinking at a rapid clip. LR reps are just giving up and donating all their stock to charity stores.

Good to see another MLM go down. Too bad about the lost jobs though.

But if stock is getting donated it must be bad.

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even if the stuff wasn't shit it has a lifecycle anyway, people are going to eventually get tired of tacky prints on leggings. Blackmilk had a much higher quality printed leggings business that was very popular a few years ago, I don't hear about them very much anymore, although they are still around. Trends move on. I assume even mormon fundies have some kind of fashion cycle that's just a little different from everyone else. Making an mlm based on a clothing trend and expecting the trend to continue indefinitely is just an extra layer of stupid.

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
Weirdly enough, the video that introduced me to another cow, Anna GlitterandLazers was the one with her reviewing some LulaRoe stuff with great contempt. I had no idea who she was or what this LulaRoe crap was at the time, but anyway. Cow/MLM crossover! Anna actually did a pretty good job as I recall of explaining why the stuff was total shit, and I think that was one of her highest-ranking videos for a while.

We don't have this particular MLM in the UK<,thankfully. I personally find the clothes horrifying in the given-up-on-life/woman who has decided she will never have sex again kind of way. The prints I've seen are just nothing any adult should covet. I think Anna showed one with hotdogs or some shit on it? Just appalling shite.

mrspotatohead

kiwifarms.net
LLR does try to "evolve" and "stay on trend." The problem is they are run by tacky mormons so that's not possible. About two years back they came out with items that they hyped up for months - jackets, in either denim or khaki like material, featuring embroidery patterns. The price? $100. Here are some of the lovely designs:
llr jacket2.jpgllr jacket.jpg

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
I feel sorry for the people losing their warehouse jobs right before Christmas, but this company has ripped off their manufacturers and UPS, on top of running a pyramid scheme. They should know every paycheck they ever got is an individual miracle.

AngelOfNoMercy

kiwifarms.net
The quality of the leggings is shit. If you don't hand wash or use cold water and delicate cycle, those expensive leggings will be ruined. My cheap Wal-Mart leggings hold up even in hot water and in the dryer.

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Never actually knew this thread existed, though hey, better late than never.
Heard about this company from a few different videos I came across a month ago. Tried searching up "lularoe" just now, and I must say, it really is not a good look for the company with these videos being some of the top results:
Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 1.10.10 AM.png

Vice can always go fuck itself, though I'll admit, it's nice to see them fully showcase LulaRoe's bullshit. So guess you could say the enemy of my enemy is my friend here.