MAD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES - It's serious fucking business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwO What's This?

𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑛, ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Salt Mine has had a lot of video game related threads in the past, but ultimately they died off quickly because even as far as salt threads go, they were a flash in the pan. Those posting them caught a lot of shit for it too, discouraging them from posting more of them.

This'll be for those sorts of incidents. Unless it's a major event that obviously needs its own thread, it probably belongs here, and I'm easily able to split things off their own thread.

Discussion is allowed, but remember rule 1. Try not to take video games too seriously yourself, so remember rule 2. Using articles as your source is allowed but remember to lead with a personal curation, a la rule 3.

Now let's begin...

There's some pretty funny shit happening in regards to a battle simulation game called Total War: ROME II. They added 'Desert Kingdoms Culture Pack' as upcoming DLC for March 8, and detractor are calling it the 'WE WUZ KANGZ' expansion pack.

I know next to nothing about European/African history, but I can appreciate a good shitshow.

upload_2018-2-24_4-41-45.png
(surprisingly -1000 Public Order Per Turn was a serious question and not a scathing troll, shame)

The most interesting thread is the 'SJW pack' thread, which has turned into a firestorm debate between the greatest armchair historians of our time.

upload_2018-2-24_4-54-55.png

upload_2018-2-24_4-53-12.png

Here's the Steam Discussion forum: http://steamcommunity.com/app/214950/discussions/
And the thread in question:
Page 1 (mostly informal)
Page 2 (somewhat reasonable)
Paeg 3+ (TOTAL WAR: AUTISM)
(as of posting, up to half of page 5 is on archive.li)

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread has some merit, but I have 3 questions:

1) What is the line between Vidya salt that deserves it's own thread, and salt that doesn't? For example, the Kingdom Come salt may well flow for months, if not years considering how successful the game is already. I think a good compromise would be to let individual threads get launched, give them a week, and see whether the salt ROI is enough to keep them afloat, if not, then they get merged here and a link to the original OP added to a directory of sorts.

2) Should we do something similar with movies as well? IMO, They arguably need this approach even more than Vidya, given how transient they are compared to Vidya.

3) How do we avoid having this thread take the funnel route a la the Trump megathread?

OwO What's This?

𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑛, ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑡.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This thread has some merit, but I have 3 questions:

1) What is the line between Vidya salt that deserves it's own thread, and salt that doesn't? For example, the Kingdom Come salt may well flow for months, if not years considering how successful the game is already. I think a good compromise would be to let individual threads get launched, give them a week, and see whether the salt ROI is enough to keep them afloat, if not, then they get merged here and a link to the original OP added to a directory of sorts.

2) Should we do something similar with movies as well? IMO, They arguably need this approach even more than Vidya, given how transient they are compared to Vidya.

3) How do we avoid having this thread take the funnel route a la the Trump megathread?
I'm not interested in discussing if this thread should exist, it's already here. But to answer your questions since I have a feeling they'll be asked a lot if I don't:
  1. If it's a flash in the pan, it goes here. If it's not, its own thread. If someone incorrectly guesses or a seemingly minor situation escalates, I'll fix it.
  2. Probably.
  3. I've already implemented a similar principle in the Trump thread, check its OP.

If anyone has any other questions, PM me. Now let's mine some salt, aye?

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It’s not the only salt about that expansion:
2967840B-0F57-453B-B096-A6D7B5C07A6B.jpeg

Actually now you mention it there’s a suprising amount of people who get mad over the historical Total War games (Although not so much the Warhammer Fantasy game for whatever reason), for example they added a free DLC for a new playable faction in Total War Rome 2 and the player base became furious they hadn’t chose another instead leading to this meme:
136F6006-660D-465B-A349-67088623A28B.jpeg

Last edited:

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
So there's preemptive salt about The Office Type, a visual novel where you choose your suitors' genders. Case in point:

View attachment 391540

View attachment 391541

More where that came from. Now with racism accusations.
Apparently a bunch of the black sjws who are mad about the game having black sjws in it raided the game's discord server. Since the game itself is sjw central, both sides acted like autistic screeching exceptional individuals, and luckily for everyone, the black sjws were so outraged that they got kicked for trolling that they documented the entire affair. They put it all up on a Google doc for some reason, so use a throwaway gmail account to view it. I tried screengrabbing it, but I'm on mobile so it fucked up.

The 8 of Spades

Don't Fail To Ask Me What ꋖꁝꊿꈜꑀ ꒦ꊿ꒐ꏳꑀꈜ Are Saying.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently a bunch of the black sjws who are mad about the game having black sjws in it raided the game's discord server. Since the game itself is sjw central, both sides acted like autistic screeching exceptional individuals, and luckily for everyone, the black sjws were so outraged that they got kicked for trolling that they documented the entire affair. They put it all up on a Google doc for some reason, so use a throwaway gmail account to view it. I tried screengrabbing it, but I'm on mobile so it fucked up.

There's an archive available here: http://archive.li/SexKH

Dysnomia

Danzai!
kiwifarms.net
So there's preemptive salt about The Office Type, a visual novel where you choose your suitors' genders. Case in point:

View attachment 391540

View attachment 391541

More where that came from. Now with racism accusations.
So you can choose a teen, a guy in his 20s and a lady? Or is the teen boy supposed to be non-binary? Because it looks like a guy to me. Are they all trans?

It looks like a bunch of the characters haven't been revealed yet anyway. So it's a bit early to start REEEEing about it. But I guess you can never start too soon.

uncleShitHeel

Chain Smoker
kiwifarms.net
So you can choose a teen, a guy in his 20s and a lady? Or is the teen boy supposed to be non-binary? Because it looks like a guy to me. Are they all trans?

It looks like a bunch of the characters haven't been revealed yet anyway. So it's a bit early to start REEEEing about it. But I guess you can never start too soon.
I feel like that's probably the point. If I had my way all game character assets would be forced to look like me and sound like me and spout the same exceptional nonsense I do.

Plus all character armour would have to be that revolting mankini from Borat.

Reactions: Dysnomia
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None