Celebrity Madonna - elderly woman mired in existential crisis.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Celine Dion is ageing well. She has features which were never ‘pretty’ in youth but which still look Strong and good as she gets older. She’s really stylish and it’s nice to see older women who aren’t trying to look like twenty year olds. You’ll never manage it. A few nips and tucks you can get away with but past that it just looks bizarre. Madonna’s face is starting to enter that weird, stretched, Wildenstein look.
Another plus for celine is she has never been feted for her looks but for her voice, And talent, and that lasts longer and is a different dynamic of adoration.
It is a shock when you look in the mirror and see age happening - confronting your own mortality is hard for everyone. For someone who has ONLY built their worth around looks it must be a huge threat.
Madonna was great in the 80s and hasn't really been anything other than mildly embarrassing since. She’s also dated men young enough to be her kids - if the sexes were reversed she’d be getting huge flak for that.
I look forward to watching her morph into a shiny skinned cat faced alien.

For The Internet

Tits and ALL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely think Senn Penn abused her the way she said he did. He is a nasty, violent sociopath (and I don't use that term lightly, ever).

I have to agree to disagree about Desperately Seeking Susan. She was good as she can be but outshone by the supporting cast and there wasn't much substance behind her in the film,

Idk, I can be kind of a cunt about people and their acting, worked in the industry for too long and was taught to be ruthlessly critical of myself and others. I'm not always good/impartial at seeing the best in people whose acting I generally view to be subpar.

I agree she shines the most in ensemble movies where her parts are small but still somewhat significant and she can kinda play herself.

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
She’s a vegan, which will age you quite drastically due to plants lacking collagen, elastin, and essential fatty acids.
That makes sense, but part of me doubts that she has the fortitude or integrity to keep to any system of beliefs for long. Does she seem like someone who would forgo pleasure for any reason at all?

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That makes sense, but part of me doubts that she has the fortitude or integrity to keep to any system of beliefs for long. Does she seem like someone who would forgo pleasure for any reason at all?
Only for vanity‘s sake. If she’s got it in her head that vegan ”not eating death” will keep her young and beautiful she would be totally committed.

I think she’d have the discipline to stick to anything if she thought it will help stop the aging process. She stuck to a pretty grueling work out routine for decades, but ironically it left her with those nasty withered, veiny hands and chicken wings as she got older and lost muscle mass.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I didn't see this posted in the thread before but I might have read over it.

Either way, the upload of de MadonnaVEVO of her performance has a ton of post-production in it to make it sound like she's hitting the notes. You can even hear the voice changing set in at the beginning of Like A Prayer.

Why are all the recent comments in Russian and/or talking about satanic rituals causing the coronavirus?

Vaganabanana

Am hole
kiwifarms.net
I feel that she would due to her incredible work ethic. She has been incredibly successful for a reason. I admittedly like the old Madonna up to Ray of Light (the song Hung Up was decent too), but am seriously disappointed and saddened to see her insane behavior as of late. It makes me wonder if this is just her having an existential crisis about getting old, or if this is who she truly is and is so rich and detached from everyday people that she stopped caring about trying to look normal.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I feel that she would due to her incredible work ethic. She has been incredibly successful for a reason. I admittedly like the old Madonna up to Ray of Light (the song Hung Up was decent too), but am seriously disappointed and saddened to see her insane behavior as of late. It makes me wonder if this is just her having an existential crisis about getting old, or if this is who she truly is and is so rich and detached from everyday people that she stopped caring about trying to look normal.
Urgh, Ray of Light. I remember all the hype and whispers about that video. Madonna is back and she's world class again, it was a HUGE marketing push, they got Chris Cunningham to make an uninspired video among other things I don't remember. Madonna was going to be big again. It all funneled towards Ray of Light for some reason, that video had all the buzz and I mean it had serious hype. It even had a premiere date and time when it would be shown on MTV, so everyone left what they were doing and gathered to see it in that afternoon. The video was shit. Orbital did it better and even if Tilda Swinton is mean and cucks her husband she's still leagues more likeable.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why are all the recent comments in Russian and/or talking about satanic rituals causing the coronavirus?
From what I could gather, the recent flood of Russian comments has to do with the fact that around a week ago a conspiracy theory about how the Corona virus was created by Bill Gates and how it is in fact is an U.S. operation aimed at eliminating Satanic pedophile rings in Hollywood started spreading on some parts of Russian social media. According to the theory, Madonna is a high priestess of the Hollywood Satanists who posts codified messages on her Instagram about killing little boys. http://archive.md/yySiU
If you carefully peer into the faces of the stars who are quarantined, you will see panic and fear on their faces, or they will give themselves out as abnormal behavior. Recently, Madonna wrote that she "can kill for a plate of pasta." The code word "Pasta" among pedophiles means to kill a little boy. Now she knows that she is poisoned with a synthetic Adrenochrome from Wuhan and that she (and people like her, for example, Ellen, Weinstein, Hanks) will die either from withdrawal from isolation or from drugs from Coronavirus. By the way, Madonna is a High Priestess (High Priestess of the Hollywood Satanists).
Some people also think she, for whatever reason, has something to do with some Ukranian rapper called Dzhigan disappearing recently. http://archive.md/irYNq
They also presented claims to the overseas diva about the sudden disappearance of rapper Dzhigan, who had disappeared somewhere for a week: “Where did you share Dzhigan! Return the guy to the family! ” They also accused the singer of having connection to the Rothschilds and Bill Gates.

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
Madonna is a case study in how not to age gracefully.

Joan Jett was born the same year as Madonna, and she looks so much better. She looks like a normal sixty-year old woman with some slightly ostentatious eye shadow, which I think is a lot more tasteful than the Vulcan-Realdoll-look Madge has going on.

View attachment 1205622

Celebrities need to realize that plastic surgery is not the answer. It's okay to age, Jesus Christ. We're human beings, not naked mole rats.
Celebrities shill a lot of bullshit woo pseudoscientific anti-aging/beauty products because they want to look younger. The problem is that once you've gotten to a point where you look like Madonna, the damage is already done.

Smoking, sun-exposure, and genetics are the three biggest factors in what your skin is going to look like when you get older. And while genetics are obviously out of our hands, a lot of celebrities smoke and tan like it's going out of style- or they did years ago, and the damage is already done. At that point, it's best to just practice good hygiene and learn to live with what you've got.

When you see a celebrity that's gotten into their sixties and still looks good in a very natural way, it's a sign that they've been taking care of themselves. That, or they've been engaging in as little cosmetic procedures as possible and can plausibly deny that they've had any at all.

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

Please do not rate this user's posts autistic.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I shouldn't have said most people, that was wrong and should edit that. It's such a shit sandwich in a lot of countries. With a lot of these cases it's because the mother dies and the father can't raise the kids himself. The families in Africa are pretty tight and stick together through unbelievable odds, but with a mother dead things change radically esp if there's no grandmother around.

The biggest problem is the lack of contraception or not using it and abortion being illegal in many countries. The orphanages are very overburdened for many reasons, but lack of BC is the main culprit.

Still, these bio parents do get lured into going after adoptive parents. It may not be motivated by the parents themselves but local lawyers and other shysters in town driving the bus on these things. Judges and politicians expect bribes to approve any paperwork, even from non-celebrities. I've knew someone (not rich, not famous) who adopted from Uganda years ago, and the corruption involved in a simple adoption was astonishing. What I don't get is why kids with any living parent are offered to prospective adoptive parents when there are TONS of kids in those places who have no known living relatives whatsoever.
Bullshit. The biggest problems are that 1) they have no respect for human life (not even their own kids') and 2) they shit out sprogs like rats because 3/4 of their kids will die and they need female kids to carry water through rapezones while the men indolently drink their days away and do unnatural things with livestock.. I married into a family of VERY "progressive" diplomats,and every one of them had the utmost disdain for african males. There's a damn good reason Edward Said's aid model (female microcredit) is the only model that works there. The men are garbage. They will steal any aid from the women and spend it on millet beer and whores, and leave the family to literally starve.Not to mention that they believe themselves to be above any sort of work.

Last edited:

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

kiwifarms.net
This poem has been set to music many times before her. I actually think Phil Oches did it far better.
Phil Ochs' was the best one ever. He was great. For a commie. His cover of Ewan McColl's Ballad of the Carpenter rocked it too. Also When I'm Gone is the saddest song in the world (knowing he necked it soon after). My favorite is The Men Behind The Guns.
Great to meet another Phil fan.

Creep It Real

kiwifarms.net
Phil Ochs' was the best one ever. He was great. For a commie. His cover of Ewan McColl's Ballad of the Carpenter rocked it too. Also When I'm Gone is the saddest song in the world (knowing he necked it soon after). My favorite is The Men Behind The Guns.
Great to meet another Phil fan.
I'd discovered him in my mom's hippie AF music collection & have almost never found anyone else who knows who he is. He emoted so damn well when he sung. You could tell he felt & believed every word that came out of his mouth. You didn't have to agree to see the great skill he put in. My second fav is The Bells (EA Poe poem).

Rafal Gan Ganowicz

kiwifarms.net
I'd discovered him in my mom's hippie AF music collection & have almost never found anyone else who knows who he is. He emoted so damn well when he sung. You could tell he felt & believed every word that came out of his mouth. You didn't have to agree to see the great skill he put in. My second fav is The Bells (EA Poe poem).
My 3rd fav is "Draft Dodger's Rag" even though I fucking hate those cowardly red pukes for my own reasons, the song is one of the cleverest I've ever heard.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
This poem has been set to music many times before her. I actually think Phil Oches did it far better.
That's definitely a good song and I like that style of music but I think it's unfair to both artists to compare their rendition to the other ones. The appeal in McKennitt's version to me is how she pulls a lot of emotion and drama of it and builds up to that urgency, sorrow and then the rage.

Wayfaring Stranger is a song that's been recorded a million times and that one's much easier to use when comparing artists. If an artist or band have recorded it it can be used as a standardized benchmark to get a feel for their style and sound. If you feel lukewarm about their Wayfaring Stranger you might feel the same way about the rest of their music, if it is pop-country shit everything else will be pop-country shit, if you really like it then that's a very good sign.