Magic The Gathering Cosplay/Deplatforming Fallout - Magic has certainly gathered. Grab your popcorn.

who is the REAL lolcow?

• Wizards of the Coast

Votes: 41 57.7%
  • Jeremy

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • The Professor

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Wedge

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • MTG Lion

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • The Cosplayer

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Rudy

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • KillThemCrackasBabies

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • CrunkLord420

Votes: 15 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
I did some crunching and digging for decklists and sure enough, you will not get value for your money. The most you will get from the decks are about $7, with card kingdom charging $9 without shipping. The decks themselves are for the hyper-casual players, aren't standard legal, and filled with pretty much junk commons and uncommons.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Professor is accused of sockpuppet shilling on Reddit, the fucking scumbag: https://www.reddit.com/r/freemagic/comments/831sve/roguedeckbuilder_has_possibly_discovered_the/ (https://archive.fo/EnAwS)
Roguedeckbuilder has possibly discovered the Professor alternate account. self.freemagic
Submitted 2 hours ago * by Pithing_Needle
I think he's talking about a Reddit account that has all the traits of The Professor, but claims not to be The Professor:http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=%22https%3a%2f%2fwww.reddit.com%2fuser%2fTooSly4U%22&d=4725492274304126&mkt=en-CA&setlang=en-GB&w=w4fmjsN3g4Nk57ZtxMNFeIXvvE2nNZpp
It's important to note that:
1) This account is posting entirely pro-The Professor submissions and comments.
2) This account posts shoutouts/callouts and promotions for Card Kingdom, The Professors sponsor. Says things like " I hope Card Kingdom is making money, because they sure as hell deserve it, doing all this stuff."
3) This account is active in Pauper discussions and subreddits, which is what The Professor says is his favorite format.
4) The account says things that assume he knows The Professors thoughts/emotions on certain subjects ("He was pissed about the $10 packs) without it normally being discernible.
5) The account posted Christine Sprankles initial announcement on quitting, something The Professor was very on top of himself.
6) The account is extremely anti-Jeremy/anti-Unsleeved Media, just like The Professor is.
7) The account often uses proper formal spelling and grammar and uses CAPITAL LETTERS for emphasis instead of bolding or quoting, like The Professor does.
8) Makes a mention that " He doxxed The Professor on Christmas Eve with the message "Merry Christmas." ". Who besides The Professor knew that at that time?
Even with all this I would reckon there's enough users on Reddit that there's probably people that have similar tastes to The Professor and we could have found a doppleganger, but if it was deleted because of an accusation that it was another one of The Professors accounts, then it raises the question as to why it went undisputed and instead there was an attempt to hide it.
/u/roguedeckbuilder You have more information on this? The possible implications on this are gigantic. The backdoor marketing shilling of his own channel as well as Card Kingdom. Starting the Sprankle drama in the main sub. If it's him was the video towards Jeremy on the Sprankle drama made well in advance and not as a response to the news out of the goodness of his heart? Did the main subs mods know whether or not that was his account, and if they did were they partially responsible for the manufactured outrage? There's just so many questions.
upload_2018-3-8_17-28-43.png

Jeremy dunking on the prof like a big baller, shot caller.

Jaimas

Candy and PTSD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So uh, is this exceptional individual seriously thinking he's "gonna get the FBI on Antifa!" now, or is this just more of that epic trolling going over my head again?
View attachment 398829
I think - and don't hold me to this, I'm not quite sure given Jeremy's sperging - that he's trying to establish once more that those overseeing WotC's judge program are willing to look the other way if someone's politics aligns with the regressive left, regardless of how insane those politics are. So more of the same, really.

The thing is, while he isn't wrong about that, this is all shit that's been known for a while.

:thinking:

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So uh, is this exceptional individual seriously thinking he's "gonna get the FBI on Antifa!" now, or is this just more of that epic trolling going over my head again?
View attachment 398829
Yeah, whining about violence and terrorism while adding that Pinochet-style "free helicopter rides" coupon makes him look like a hypocrite.

B

BV 937

kiwifarms.net
I'm okay with this, it doesn't read weird when card rules say "they". When writing technical stuff it's often "the user", so they could have gone with "the player" instead.
I just have a really hard time getting angry over this. If they outright went and said, "Its for nonbinary players!!1!" then I would be calling them out on their autism, but saying "they" is a lot less of a mouthful than "his or her"

Jaimas

Candy and PTSD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
so what's wrong with the game in his opinion other than the cards seem a bit bendy or something
Rudy's issues are fourfold:

1. The new cards use shittier cardboard.
The cardstock WotC has been using has been extremely poor the last few years - in their drive to cut costs the cards they're making now are of legitimately lesser quality and have a much higher propensity for bending, even when shipped in display covers. This used to happen a lot with old cards, especially old foils, but it was a process that took a long time and was generally more reversible because the cards were better. Now they're way more prone to this happening and this makes the cards worth a lot less to collectors.

2. The new sets aren't particularly interesting and WotC has been rotating them in and out in desperation.
WotC has made fucking atrocious sets the last few years and rotated them in and out of print so quickly that even people who want to legitimately collect them are hard-pressed to give a damn. Sweeping fuck-ups with shit like Hour of Devastation are the norm, with WotC running the set for less than a year before pulling the set from print.

3. WotC now relies more on market research than actually contacting stores or its own playerbase.
WotC has essentially stopped giving a damn about the physical storefront of their franchise, instead locking into "we should do this because of market research" crap that is mostly responsible for gradually tanking the franchise. People haven't been showing up to Friday Night Magic events and less people are popping up for promotions and tournaments because the sets just haven't been interesting enough and card quality's been on the decline. They're listening to overbloated marketing departments, not the actual customer-base, which is a surefire way to guarantee you're not going to recover anytime soon.

4. Rather than address issues 1-3, WotC is now obsessed with identity politics/skirmishing with assholes like Jeremy.
As the argument was made by many in this thread, if WotC cared about its business, they could have easily locked shit down like that just by owning up to the mistake, but they didn't, and they chose to double down. With so much focus on inclusion, feminism, and identity politics and constant virtue-signaling they're further alienating core audience members - I.E. the ones that actually buy their shit. They don't care about making money anymore despite the obvious solution (improve the cards, throw your fucking audience a bone) being right in front of them.

If all this looks familiar, it fucking should, because this is pretty much analogous to what happened in Marvel Comics the last few years.

B

BV 937

kiwifarms.net
Rudy's issues are fourfold:

1. The new cards use shittier cardboard.
The cardstock WotC has been using has been extremely poor the last few years - in their drive to cut costs the cards they're making now are of legitimately lesser quality and have a much higher propensity for bending, even when shipped in display covers. This used to happen a lot with old cards, especially old foils, but it was a process that took a long time and was generally more reversible because the cards were better. Now they're way more prone to this happening and this makes the cards worth a lot less to collectors.

2. The new sets aren't particularly interesting and WotC has been rotating them in and out in desperation.
WotC has made fucking atrocious sets the last few years and rotated them in and out of print so quickly that even people who want to legitimately collect them are hard-pressed to give a damn. Sweeping fuck-ups with shit like Hour of Devastation are the norm, with WotC running the set for less than a year before pulling the set from print.

3. WotC now relies more on market research than actually contacting stores or its own playerbase.
WotC has essentially stopped giving a damn about the physical storefront of their franchise, instead locking into "we should do this because of market research" crap that is mostly responsible for gradually tanking the franchise. People haven't been showing up to Friday Night Magic events and less people are popping up for promotions and tournaments because the sets just haven't been interesting enough and card quality's been on the decline. They're listening to overbloated marketing departments, not the actual customer-base, which is a surefire way to guarantee you're not going to recover anytime soon.

4. Rather than address issues 1-3, WotC is now obsessed with identity politics/skirmishing with assholes like Jeremy.
As the argument was made by many in this thread, if WotC cared about its business, they could have easily locked shit down like that just by owning up to the mistake, but they didn't, and they chose to double down. With so much focus on inclusion, feminism, and identity politics and constant virtue-signaling they're further alienating core audience members - I.E. the ones that actually buy their shit. They don't care about making money anymore despite the obvious solution (improve the cards, throw your fucking audience a bone) being right in front of them.

If all this looks familiar, it fucking should, because this is pretty much analogous to what happened in Marvel Comics the last few years.
I cracked a Kaladesh pack the other day and the mythic was curling straight out of the pack

Fervent Champion

kiwifarms.net
I cracked a Kaladesh pack the other day and the mythic was curling straight out of the pack
That doesn't surprise me. Back when Iconic Masters came out I hear that some of the foils were curling to the point where the front and back of the card split.

After looking over the leaks from the new set the mechanics of it might be less shit than I feared. New Karn blows though.

• Agree
Reactions: BV 937
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino