War Major US military deployment to Middle East - State Department hints Iran planned to attack US Embassy in Oman

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
Let me tell you exactly how this will play out:

Step 1 - The US starts bombing Iran.
Step 2 - Iran conquers Europe by sending 50 million refugees which then just take over.
Step 3 - London is renamed New Tehran, Britain becomes the central district of the new Islamic Caliphate.
Step 4 - The EU is officially renamed the "Islamic Union". Hungary and Poland are promptly expelled and pacified by force.
Step 5 - The US marches into Tehran largely unoposed and declares victory over Iran.
I know you're memeing but mass-migration of Iranians into the EU would more likely turn into a continent-wide gang war a la the Crips and Bloods between the Shia Iranians and Sunni Turks/Pakis/etc, instead of them actually coordinating to establish a caliphate.

break these cuffs

purple city byrdgang
kiwifarms.net
I know you're memeing but mass-migration of Iranians into the EU would more likely turn into a continent-wide gang war a la the Crips and Bloods between the Shia Iranians and Sunni Turks/Pakis/etc, instead of them actually coordinating to establish a caliphate.
The PMU in Iraq and Hezbollah in Syria were critical elements in defeating the Islamic State. Maybe sending a buncha Iranians to Europe isn't the worst idea?
🤔

Iran is a massive country with a population of 80 million people and very difficult terrain, that, plus the fact that an unprovoked invasion of a nation like Iran would absolutely bring in foreign powers like Russia and China makes this either an act of incredible stupidity or expensive posturing.
Do you not know what "Unprovoked" means? Hint; it doesn't mean "Provoked".

EDIT: Holy shit I used a comma when I could have used a semicolon. You don't get a chance to use those every day, it's a shame to miss an opportunity like that.

Last edited:

Male Idiot

Loli Hitler
kiwifarms.net
Let me tell you exactly how this will play out:

Step 1 - The US starts bombing Iran.
Step 2 - Iran conquers Europe by sending 50 million refugees which then just take over.
Step 3 - London is renamed New Tehran, Britain becomes the central district of the new Islamic Caliphate.
Step 4 - The EU is officially renamed the "Islamic Union". Hungary and Poland are promptly expelled and pacified by force.
Step 5 - The US marches into Tehran largely unoposed and declares victory over Iran.
Heh you forgot when Hungary&Slavco promptly remake the Warsaw pact, and get gobbled up by Russia and fight another 3 century long war of remove kebab.

Richardo Retardo

Trying my damnedest not to be a massive sperg
kiwifarms.net
Do you not know what "Unprovoked" means? Hint; it doesn't mean "Provoked".

EDIT: Holy shit I used a comma when I could have used a semicolon. You don't get a chance to use those every day, it's a shame to miss an opportunity like that.
None of Iran's actions against the US come anywhere close to justifying a full-scale invasion of them.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gammalt bröd rostar aldrig.
kiwifarms.net
If there's anyone I would want to rule the middle-east it would be Iran. As fucked up as that sounds it's the best option. Go Shia!

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
The US being the sole protector of the international shipping lanes is very important. It's what gave us economic power and prevented countless conflicts from happening or being inflamed.

Prior to the Bretton Woods Agreement shipping by sea lead to a ton of skirmishes and wars. The trade routes were very unsafe and by having the US act as law enforcement over these routes gave us a ton of leverage and financial weight to throw around. It's the reason why the west recovered from world war 2 so quickly since supplies could go all around the world safely.

So yes it's of utmost importance that no shipping lanes get fucked with because if you give them an inch they will take a mile.

I don't think we'll get a war, I think at most iran will lose it's ability to fly planes, send out ships, or deliver raw materials. All of these can be done by missile strikes and not a land war.
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, since China has been making plays to become a superpower economically. So it's in the US's best interests to try to choke out these attempts where they can find chokepoints. I mean the US fully supports Saudi Arabia, and I assume Iran has China's support, so really it's just the same thing on both sides, both have middle eastern countries that they have as their wards.

It's all about keeping the position of top dog.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Gammalt bröd rostar aldrig.
kiwifarms.net
Israel.

Yeah they're JOOS and NAZIS at the same time. I have no illusions about what huge assholes they are. But they win the contest by default.
Oh, forgot about them. It would be too troublesome, there's plenty of hate directed towards Iran/Shia but it pales in comparison to the rage and hatred of Israel/Jews. The whole middle-east would burn down and... maybe Israel isn't a bad idea.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: armoreddinnerjacket

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Oh, forgot about them. It would be too troublesome, there's plenty of hate directed towards Iran/Shia but it pales in comparison to the rage and hatred of Israel/Jews. The whole middle-east would burn down and... maybe Israel isn't a bad idea.
I'm assuming Israel would just commit a slow genocide like they're doing in Palestine.

1Tonka_Truck

Loaded Like A Boxcar Moving Like A Racecar
kiwifarms.net
CVN-72 is already through the Suez Canal, could be headed through the Strait of Hormuz before long.

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/1126613984348712962

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The commander overseeing U.S. naval forces in the Middle East told Reuters on Thursday that American intelligence showing a threat from Iran will not prevent him from sending an aircraft carrier through the vital Strait of Hormuz, if needed.

The group, whose deployment to the Middle East was fast-tracked by President Donald Trump’s administration as a warning to Iran, transited through the Suez Canal into the Red Sea on Thursday and was now under Malloy’s command.

“If I need to bring it inside the strait, I will do so,” Malloy said in an interview by phone. “I’m not restricted in any way, I’m not challenged in any way, to operate her anywhere in the Middle East.”

Iran has dismissed the U.S. contention of a threat as “fake intelligence.” Tensions have risen between Tehran and Washington since the Trump administration withdrew a year ago from a 2015 international nuclear deal with Iran and began ratcheting up sanctions to throttle the Islamic Republic’s economy.

The Pentagon said it expedited the Lincoln’s deployment and sent bombers to the Middle East after U.S. intelligence signaled possible preparations by Tehran to stage attacks against U.S. forces or interests. Malloy said the intelligence was linked “with actual activity that we observed.”

“And that was certainly enough for me ... to say that we saw this as a threat,” he said.

U.S. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, say one of the pieces of intelligence indicated Iran had moved missiles on boats. One of the officials said the particular missile observed was perhaps capable of launching from a small ship.

The officials also noted growing concerns about the threat from Iran-backed Shi’ite militia in Iraq, which have long avoided any confrontation with U.S. troops under the shared goal of defeating Islamic State, a Sunni militant organization.

Malloy, whose naval forces would support efforts to defend U.S. troops throughout the region, did not enter into details on the U.S. intelligence. But he confirmed that some of the U.S. concerns centered on Iranian missiles.

“It might be a new fielding of technology by Iran,” Malloy said, adding the weaponry “falls under the category of destabilizing and offensive in nature.”

‘NOT IN A WAR-PLAN FOOTING’

The nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers required Tehran to curb its uranium enrichment capacity to head off any pathway to developing a nuclear bomb, in return for the removal of most international sanctions. Iran has always said it pursued a nuclear program for peaceful purposes only.

In the past month, the U.S. designated Iran’s Revolutionary Guard (IRGC) as a terrorist organization and increased sanctions pressure, with an explicit goal of slashing Iran’s oil exports to zero.

Beyond the deployment of the Lincoln, the United States also dispatched B-52 bombers to the Middle East in response and is also weighing the redeployment of Patriot missiles after pulling several out of the region last year, officials said.

Some of Trump’s critics fear the White House is intentionally provoking Iran. Although the military sought the deployments, the announcement itself came in a statement from White House national security adviser John Bolton - a hawk on Iran policy.

Senator Tim Kaine, a Democrat, said he worried “that the Trump administration is leading us toward an unnecessary war.”

Malloy, in his first interview since the IRGC designation, confirmed that U.S. forces were operating at a heightened state of readiness. Still, Malloy stressed that the U.S. military was not seeking or preparing for war with Iran.

“I am not in a war-plan footing and have not been tasked to do so,” Malloy said. “However we are absolutely ready to respond to any aggression against the United States, partners in the region, or our interests.”

Trump also reaffirmed that message on Thursday, saying he did not want conflict.

“We have one of the most powerful ships in the world that is loaded up and we don’t want to do anything,” Trump told reporters.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-military-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-commander-says-he-could-send-carrier-into-strait-of-hormuz-despite-iran-tensions-idUSKCN1SF2NK

archive.fo is fucking up for me, will try to archive the article again soon.

Still can get archive.fo to work. Have an official statement from the SecState Pompeo instead. This sounds like no-fucks-given fighting words.
The Islamic Republic of Iran has engaged in an escalating series of threatening actions and statements in recent weeks. The response of the United States and our partners and allies has been clear: We do not seek war. But Iran’s forty years of killing American soldiers, attacking American facilities, and taking American hostages is a constant reminder that we must defend ourselves.

The regime in Tehran should understand that any attacks by them or their proxies of any identity against U.S. interests or citizens will be answered with a swift and decisive U.S. response. Our restraint to this point should not be mistaken by Iran for a lack of resolve. To date the regime’s default option has been violence, and we appeal to those in Tehran who see a path to a prosperous future through de-escalation to modify the regime’s behavior. As President Trump stated yesterday, he “looks forward to someday meeting with leaders of Iran in order to work out an agreement and, very importantly, taking steps to give Iran the future it deserves.”
https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2019/05/291575.htm

Last edited:
B

BF 388

kiwifarms.net
Things may get interesting over the next 24hrs. Iran has told its terror linked groups to prepare for war, the CSG will be transiting off the coast of Yemen in a few hours, and now ships in a UAE port has n the Persian gulf have reportedly exploded.

• Informative
Reactions: spiritofamermaid
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino