War Major US military deployment to Middle East - State Department hints Iran planned to attack US Embassy in Oman

Polyboros2

Is dumb and lost Polyboros password
kiwifarms.net
Can we just sorta blow up iran? Fuck occupation and all that garbage, blow up the leadership. I mean, sure, you get a power vacuum and any crazy asshole could end up in power, but uh.. they're already trying to make nukes and attack us, so... is there really a risk it'll be worse?
I'd be okay with sending in anyone that worked for the CIA in as ground troops despite current age or capability.

First, before there is any kind of combined arms support.

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out, since China has been making plays to become a superpower economically. So it's in the US's best interests to try to choke out these attempts where they can find chokepoints. I mean the US fully supports Saudi Arabia, and I assume Iran has China's support, so really it's just the same thing on both sides, both have middle eastern countries that they have as their wards.

It's all about keeping the position of top dog.
China nor Russia really have the ability to project power like the US does. If we wind up enforcing a no fly zone over Iran there's very, very little either country can do about it. Russia doesn't have the numbers or the airfields to deploy them. China doesn't have experienced pilots and have a lot of old air frames, much like Russia. They don't get enough time in the air.

The US would eviscerate any Russian or Chinese sortie into Iran and they know that. They might try to reinforce the Iranians with bulk numbers of S-200 air defense systems or the equivalent, but I highly doubt they would be able to get those in country once the US locks it down.

People like preening about a resurgent China, but quickly forget the mind-boggling size of the US Navy and Air Force and the amount of flight time we give our pilots. And the sheer number of smart ordnance we have on hand to wreck whatever we want. Xi Xinping is fully aware of how fucked the PLA would be in Iran. He's not going into an unwinnable war over them.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
China nor Russia really have the ability to project power like the US does. If we wind up enforcing a no fly zone over Iran there's very, very little either country can do about it. Russia doesn't have the numbers or the airfields to deploy them. China doesn't have experienced pilots and have a lot of old air frames, much like Russia. They don't get enough time in the air.

The US would eviscerate any Russian or Chinese sortie into Iran and they know that. They might try to reinforce the Iranians with bulk numbers of S-200 air defense systems or the equivalent, but I highly doubt they would be able to get those in country once the US locks it down.

People like preening about a resurgent China, but quickly forget the mind-boggling size of the US Navy and Air Force and the amount of flight time we give our pilots. And the sheer number of smart ordnance we have on hand to wreck whatever we want. Xi Xinping is fully aware of how fucked the PLA would be in Iran. He's not going into an unwinnable war over them.
So I'm guessing Chinas strategies will be to try to expand economically and sometimes militarily through proxies in order to secure things. Since they can't take the US on toe to toe. And such a conflict would probably spark a new world war as everyone lines up to reorganize the pecking orders.

So I'm guessing Chinas strategies will be to try to expand economically and sometimes militarily through proxies in order to secure things. Since they can't take the US on toe to toe. And such a conflict would probably spark a new world war as everyone lines up to reorganize the pecking orders.
The US should just start the bombing campaign now, get ahead of WW3 by bombing everyone before it starts. What do you mean that would make us the bad guys?

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
That's what China's strategy is with Belt and Road. Saddle shitty countries (Including New Zealand now.) with ridiculous loans that these countries don't have much of a chance to pay off. When the country winds up falling behind, China takes payment by taking over public utilities or real estate in the country in question. A lot of the loans are used for bullshit projects, like massive roadworks in African nations that are rarely used and go nowhere.

Of course these road projects and other construction projects contract out through Chinese companies and workers, so it's win/win for the CPC.

• Informative
Reactions: spiritofamermaid
That's what China's strategy is with Belt and Road. Saddle shitty countries (Including New Zealand now.) with ridiculous loans that these countries don't have much of a chance to pay off. When the country winds up falling behind, China takes payment by taking over public utilities or real estate in the country in question. A lot of the loans are used for bullshit projects, like massive roadworks in African nations that are rarely used and go nowhere.

Of course these road projects and other construction projects contract out through Chinese companies and workers, so it's win/win for the CPC.
Are they forcing the countries into these loans at gunpoint? Otherwise it hardly seems fair to blame countries taking loans they can't repay on china.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Your Weird Fetish

Wesley Willis

Rock over London, Burn down Chicago!
kiwifarms.net
Fake news begets a false flag. Now that Russiagate failed the neocons are still trying to start WWIII by any means necessary.

I wonder if Joe Biden can run on an Iran invasion and pivot off his support of the Iraq failure, a move so tone deaf that it'd finally end the DNC once and for all.

• DRINK!
Reactions: ConfederateIrishman

Exceptional Mafioso

kiwifarms.net
The US should just start the bombing campaign now, get ahead of WW3 by bombing everyone before it starts. What do you mean that would make us the bad guys?
Let the new Super Best Friends (Israel and Saudi) do it. Mutual interests create strange bedfellows.

Why waste US lives, resources, and reputation? Plus they're literally right fucking there.

1Tonka_Truck

Loaded Like A Boxcar Moving Like A Racecar
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't he in Star Trek?
Oh god, he's a treky. I might have to reconsider my grand plan for the middle east.
Musicians, scientists and athletes aren’t the only Star Trek celebrity fans who have appeared onscreen. King Abdullah II of Jordan was still the crown prince when he appeared as an unnamed, uncredited sciences ensign barely glimpsed in a U.S.S.Voyager corridor in Season 2’s “Investigations” in 1996. After his father King Hussein died in 1999 and he ascended the throne at age 37, Abdullah was no longer able to indulge his fandom so directly. He was, however, instrumental in the inclusion of a Star Trek area within the large Red Sea Astrarium tourist theme park resort announced for his country in 2011, due for completion within three years with Abdullah as chief local investor

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tbh Iran is turning into a borderline regional imperialist power:

>During a visit to Iran three months before the election, senior Iranian politician Ali Akbar Velayati declared: "We will not allow liberals and communists to govern Iraq," in reference to the [Alliance Towards Reforms].

They literally told the Sadrist & Communist alliance that they wouldn't allow them to govern.

Exceptional Mafioso

kiwifarms.net
I was mulling this over today and the optics of sending the USS Abraham Lincoln to the Gulf are pretty clever. Ignore everything real and factual and just consider this little scenario:

The Iranians or some group attack this carrier group. If they sink the carrier, if the damage the carrier, or even if they miss entirely and the carrier is fine the spin will be magnificent. Parallels between the USS Lincoln and her namesake would be unavoidable. You can pull on the emotional aspects of the Lincoln assassination that every American has had planted in their mind from a young age. "The Lincoln was attacked!" or "Never forget what happened to the Lincoln"... it's too good to pass up. I mean it was probably a coincidence that this particular group was sent into the region. But if I were in charge I'd put a ship with a popular and tragic namesake at the front of every tense situation.

Dare them to sink it. Attacking Lincoln would not be soon forgotten.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino