• "Kiwi Farms is under police investigation"

Community Makeup Artist (MUA) "Gurus"on youtube and elsewhere.

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by entropyseekswork, Jul 19, 2016.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
  1. Figured a mega thread for these was in order considering there's a never ending supply of them through platforms like youtube and instagram. This is the one that came to my attention most recently:

Karina Kaboom, (youtube account, IG and FB appear to have been nuked) is a fat, middle aged "nail artist" whose manicures look like total dog shit, but you wouldn't guess that with a preliminary glance at her youtube videos.. She desperately grasps for relevancy and followers by interjecting herself into random internet celebrity drama. She likes to posture herself as some kind of impartial voice of truth, but the levels of cognitive dissonance she displays paired with her punchable face make her a great hate watch.

She has a 40 page thread about her on GuruGossip, which chronicles her being and underhanded cunt despite her incessant REEEEing about truth and transparency.
    h/t @Dolphi for fishing up a second, and third thread about her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video in which she harangues Jeffree Star over saying something mean (a crime worthy of crucifixion in her book), and later in the video rationalized why it wasn't OK for Jeffree Star to defend himself when he was sexually assaulted (because it was a woman that grabbed his penis), a legitimate crime. Apologies in advanced if the glare from her five head blinds you.

Video in which she defends her friend who harassed and engaged in a defamation campaign against another youtuber who backed out of wanting to collaborate with said friend. REEEs hard when Trisha Paytas makes light of the harassment

It takes quite a bit of scrolling before you finally get to nail/makeup shit. But check out this stellar paint job:

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    #1 entropyseekswork, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    entropyseekswork

entropyseekswork Vigilante based in America
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Can she really be considered a nail artist when all she seems to do is apply a few coats of nail polish and call it a day? It doesn't even look like she does nail art videos, just reviews. She's more of a wannabe drama channel that does nail polish reviews on the side.

She also has two more threads on GuruGossip, but I don't know if they have any value.
    http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?cache=1&f=156&t=28821
    http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?cache=1&f=156&t=30655

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Ah yes, these channels. They fall into the group of " I want to be famous on the internets, but I have no talent and I'm not funny enough to entertain people". While some people go, "well, I'll just react to OTHER people's videos", these gals took the " do what you know method" and give make up tutorials. Almost NONE of them are experts ( beauticians, make-up salespeople, etc.) and just do basic shit that ANY woman who wears make-up regularly would know how to do.

I wonder, how many of them try to increase their view count by prominently showing off their cleavage? Gotta get those male viewers, too, rite?

• Like Like x 5
    Galvatron

Galvatron I can do no wrong... for I do not know what it is.

kiwifarms.net
  4. I was kinda disappointed when the thread I linked ended where it did, considering how absurd and attention seeking her videos are. Found this reddit thread where someone mentions she hilariously tried to get people to boycott ColourPop because they wouldn't send her free shit because she's not an actual MUA. I think she deleted the video, but has left a ton others up about how unfair and unethical it is better known youtubers get free shit to review from companies.

[​IMG]

She seems to believe all the hate that comes her way is jealousy of her good looks and great success as a reviewer. If she thinks her looks are going to launch her to stardom, it's no wonder she's buying viewers.

• Informative Informative x 3
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. It's been pretty fascinating to watch the online MUA community devolve the way it has. In the beginning (I'm talking 10+ years ago), tutorials were really just that- enthusiasts and some pros using the then-new platform of Youtube to teach makeup basics to people around the world. At that time, there really weren't many resources for learning how to do makeup outside of department store makeup counters and Kevyn Aucoin's books.

Now, it's a whole lot of dramatic circlejerking with warring factions of fans, and it's all been thoroughly monetized through the use of affiliate links. Gone are the enthusiastic amateurs who wanted to show how they developed their skills, replaced by people who want to be famous and make some cash.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    wifflypuff

wifflypuff i hunger
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Well, that's true for anything with an audience. On the plus-side, those original videos are probably still there

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    tarni

tarni rhineland conqueror

kiwifarms.net
  7. I came across ms.kaboom's videos before and I didn't even KNOW she did actual nail videos, just that she had two full shells of polish and liked to stir shit

• Agree Agree x 2
    Syukoshoeko

Syukoshoeko Cool Nation

kiwifarms.net
  8. That's an assumption a lot of attractive women incorrectly make. Sure lady, you might be a big deal in Kansas and all the guys in your town want to fuck you. But the minute you step into a town like Los Angeles or New York, you're a nobody, because girls like you are a dime a dozen, there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Galvatron

Galvatron I can do no wrong... for I do not know what it is.

kiwifarms.net
  9. Still laughing at her total lack of self awareness to believe she's attractive. I'm speculating she's from NY based on the dying accent she uses which is now only found in the suburbs of the outer boroughs and areas of Long Island, and lack of indoor voice. She's eastern europeon (jew faced) looking, and those tend to settle in Queens/Brooklyn/LI, but she lacks the nasal inflection jews typically add to the accent so I'm going to assume she was raised in an italian neighborhood or at least tries to emulate them. The barren walls of what appears to be the ground floor of a large house she films in are curious. I want to say she's in Staten Island or LI most likely.

entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. You should probably get back some deets from guru gossip

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. The thing that stands out in almost every video are lip injections.

I swear its like these women get stung by bees or smack their faces in with a lead pipe to get these horrifying inflated blackface lips.

• Feels Feels x 2
    TheJabroni

TheJabroni RIP in fuck

kiwifarms.net

12. Highlights include "only having foundation on", while eye shadow, liner, and false lashes are in place. Claiming to not have done her contouring yet, but face is obviously heavily contoured. Doing fifteen fucking minute tutorial about avoiding creases under the eyes but still having huge ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #12 entropyseekswork, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Baking videos crack me up. You pile that much product on your face and it's gonna crease no matter what, the minute you start actually moving and having facial expressions.

• Agree Agree x 5
    wifflypuff

wifflypuff i hunger
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. At that point just photoshopping the crease out would be a tremendous saver of time and money. Holy shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. All these YouTube make-up artists are a waste of time. There's only one make-up tutorial anyone needs.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Silvana

Silvana Innocent Journalist
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Has anyone kept up with Piinksparkles?

short story: she tried to sell a bullshit eye shadow palette that (most likely) was never going to happen, sorta lied that too many people wanted it then went back and admitted not enough people ordered it. People want their money back but they're still waiting? That's what I've gathered so far.

• Informative Informative x 3
    pozilei

pozilei I eat insecurities for breakfast

kiwifarms.net
  17. Honestly explains why I was able to pull much hotter girls in San Diego and LA than I was when I lived in the sticks

• Informative Informative x 2
    TiggerNits

TiggerNits Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Honestly I just hate the drag queen-esque makeup trend thats been going on.
    Also most of them get lip injections, even if theyre lips are perfectly fine before, and overline them on top of that.
    What kind of worries me is the young girls watching them. and how it affects them. do they think they need to pile so much makeup on their faces? :/

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    smallmilk

smallmilk good for you

kiwifarms.net
  19. I had an ipsy subscription and I was jarred by one particular months campaign/theme because the woman's makeup was exactly as you described and she looked exactly like a drag queen. Why the fuck would anyone want that kind of aesthetic for going out?

entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. Beauty gurus. I stopped looking to them for advice when I noticed that a lot of them recommend putting eye shadow directly into your tear ducts.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    #20 Cyan, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Cyan

Cyan #006666
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net