Off-Topic Makeup! Clothes! "Girly stuff" thread -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Barbarella

Guards! To the Mathmos with this winged fruitcake.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m almost afraid to ask this, but has anybody got Tati’s new palette? I’m not either a fan or foe so saw the launch way too late to get it first time around, but I love the color story. I’ve been watching reviews and some love it some dont, but it all seems to be mixed up in their feelings about Tati.

It’s made in the same manufacturing company that makes ColorPop although the formulation is supposedly different.

I’d decided to just stick with Viseart palettes as they blend like a dream and I’m tired of having a bunch of palettes to pick through. But I am super tempted by the Textured neutrals. They are my colors, all in one palette.

• Agree
Reactions: StrawberryDouche

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Been playing with that Coconut palette more. Yeah, it's amazing. New favorite neutral palette that I may need to repurchase after using the crap out of it. Those shimmery shades that I thought were going to be a bit flakey upon application? Yeah, not so flakey! They're actually buttery! You really can't beat this palette, especially considering the price point.

In non-makeup news, because it's getting colder and colder outside, I've been thinking about getting some pillbox hats (to look fancy for when I go out). I found this gorgeous emerald green (my favorite color to wear) velvet pillbox hat that's true vintage, and I am so tempted to get it, especially with the holidays coming up.

What's everyone's opinion on here about pillbox hats? Cute and classy ... Or out of style, tacky, and over-the-top?

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
cute, classy and possibly not super practical for warmth in the winter unless you live in a warmer winter area (i am in New england so, ymmv).
Oh yeah, I probably should have specified a bit more when I said colder weather: Don't really plan to wear a pillbox hat outside when it's really cold ... But for holiday parties and nights out (where I'm not going to be outside for a long period of time/will mostly be inside). For me, personally, I think pillbox hats just look better with warm/winter-friendly clothing.

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Been playing with that Coconut palette more. Yeah, it's amazing. New favorite neutral palette that I may need to repurchase after using the crap out of it. Those shimmery shades that I thought were going to be a bit flakey upon application? Yeah, not so flakey! They're actually buttery! You really can't beat this palette, especially considering the price point.

In non-makeup news, because it's getting colder and colder outside, I’ve been thinking about getting some pillbox hats (to look fancy for when I go out). I found this gorgeous emerald green (my favorite color to wear) velvet pillbox hat that's true vintage, and I am so tempted to get it, especially with the holidays coming up.

What's everyone's opinion on here about pillbox hats? Cute and classy ... Or out of style, tacky, and over-the-top?
I think pillbox hats look good so long as the style of dress and hair fit it. To me they are like fedoras because you need the right style of dress to pull it off. A dressy outfit that you mentioned would look really nice with it.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I think pillbox hats look good so long as the style of dress and hair fit it. To me they are like fedoras because you need the right style of dress to pull it off. A dressy outfit that you mentioned would look really nice with it.
Oh, I completely agree! Pillbox hats would definitely look like a costume accessory if I wore it with casual clothes.

I have more vintage reproduction (and true vintage) a-line dresses that are emerald green or have pops of emerald green than I'd care to admit, haha. I also curl my hair a lot these days; I bet a pillbox hat would definitely look out of place with sleek and straight hair.

Reactions: JambledUpWords

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think if you're a person who can pull off a hat, you should wear the shit out of them. I am not that person, lol.

also, colourpop site just went 30 percent off sitewide.
GODDAMN IT COLOURPOP

I got their tinted moisturizer a few weeks ago, and if you're a tinted moisturizer gal, go for it. I really like it a lot and the amount of product you get is huge. However, it isn't really very moisturizing, so prep your skin as usual if you're dry-normal. Focus on getting the right undertone for you rather than exact shade. I got a neutral and it's great!

eta: GFD, the tinted moisturizer is on sale for 9.80.

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
I went back to Ulta and...ta da, the I Heart Revolution chocolate donut palette was in their clearance section!

I checked for the strawberry cheesecake palette, but they didn't have that; only 24k gold chocolate (wut), pizza, peachy glow, and another chocolate one which I forget.

They also had the mini Nubian!! Snapped that up too!

I might try out the chocolate donut tomorrow. I'm really psyched! :biggrin:

theriddler3

not an actual confederate supporter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I went back to Ulta and...ta da, the I Heart Revolution chocolate donut palette was in their clearance section!

I checked for the strawberry cheesecake palette, but they didn't have that; only 24k gold chocolate (wut), pizza, peachy glow, and another chocolate one which I forget.

They also had the mini Nubian!! Snapped that up too!

I might try out the chocolate donut tomorrow. I'm really psyched! :biggrin:
Strawberry cheesecake is online only :( If you buy it directly from the company, it's $15 and often has free shipping or discount codes.

• Informative
Reactions: PolexiaAphrodisia

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Ordinary is having a 23% off site wide sale until November 30. They finally had my shade in so I picked up the tinted serum which I am super excited to try. I think it was only 5.60? I'm also trying something from their Hylamide line for the first time, and I upped my retinol percentage a notch.

If anyone has never tried TO and has always been curious, now's the time. They rarely ever have sales. I cannot recommend their products highly enough.

eta: shipping is always free over $25!

AveraDiane

kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, the Coconuts palette is sold out and I couldn't get my hands on it. *sigh*

I am thinking of buying something else, but I'm not entirely sure. One I do have in mind is the Goddess Palette from Alter Ego, but I'm not sure how I would look with green eyeshadow.

Trusty Patches

Are you a cleric or something?
kiwifarms.net
has anyone used brow soap or had their brows laminated? seeing it everywhere at the moment.. kinda intrigued to know if it works on gals with not such naturally thicc eyebrows

AveraDiane

kiwifarms.net
has anyone used brow soap or had their brows laminated? seeing it everywhere at the moment.. kinda intrigued to know if it works on gals with not such naturally thicc eyebrows
This is the first time I've heard about it. My brows are blonde as hell so I don't think it could work for someone like me.

Also, I decided to get the Smoke Show eyeshadow palette from Colourpop, shipping price be damned. Eh, it's something different. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: JambledUpWords

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I feel like the shadows in the coconuts palette are closer to true neutrals. I don't find them to be all that cool-toned tbh. It's still cute. I decided to pass on the truly, madly, deeply palette. Alllllmost got the whatever palette but I passed on that, too. Now I'm considering that huge one called bare necessities, but I end up never using huge palettes so I'm 99% sure that would be throwing money away. and it's definitely not a necessity lezbereal

I did buy some naked palettes to give as gifts; over the past few days naked 3 was 50% off; then naked 2 was 50% off; then today naked reloaded was 50% off (and it's good imo). I also got some too faced stuff for gifts but more for the gimmicks not because they had any good sales. Too Faced goes 40% on the reg and their black friday/cyber monday shit was only 30% off. Oh and last year ABH palettes went 30% off and this year they only went 25% off. LORAC went 50% off but no1curr about that brand anymore.

Reactions: StrawberryDouche

JambledUpWords

Y’all are attracted to me, lez be real here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been trying to get better at using makeup. I have eyeshadow primer and some new eyeshadow from Colorpop. Does anyone here have good tips on how to apply eyeshadow better?

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ve been trying to get better at using makeup. I have eyeshadow primer and some new eyeshadow from Colorpop. Does anyone here have good tips on how to apply eyeshadow better?
I used to be vehemently opposed to applying shadow with my fingers until I tried it this year. Doing it with metallics, shimmers, and pearls honestly gives beautiful, rich results you won't get from a brush. Swiping the whole lid, or patting it on the outer corner is a much prettier effect than I would have believed. Oh! And patting a metallic down the center of the lid as a topper is gorgeous.

Tags
None