Off-Topic Makeup! Clothes! "Girly stuff" thread -

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

PolexiaAphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
kiwifarms.net
Tried a new foundation - UOMA. I already like it better than the Dermablend pigment drops, which had started to let me down. I'm also going to try a Juice Beauty peel, since even the best paint looks crap on an uneven and bad canvas.
I've got some goodies in the mail I'm waiting on, I knew nobody would give me proper dosh so I just treated myself.

T0oCoolFool

kiwifarms.net
I was gifted "Diva Stuff Face Scrubbie Strawberry Cell Renewal" face pads and I really love it so far. I didn't think I needed to exfoliate my face (my skin is normal with the occasional acne spot when stressed), but clearly I did need it. I used it and was amazed at how nice my skin felt and looked. It felt very smooth and my facial serum worked a lot better after exfoliating. The pores on my nose appeared smaller too, a nice bonus. I'm not sure how this would do on oily skin (it says it's for all skin types) but those with normal, dry, or combo skin would benefit from it for sure. Just be sure to moisturize afterwords.

This isn't something I will be using every day. I think I'll use it once a month, or at times when my skin is feeling a bit dull.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
A while back I got this dress from Unique Vintage:
View attachment 1073785
Since I figured it’s going to be the 20s all over again, I got this headdress on Etsy to go with it:
View attachment 1073787

I thought it would be fun to incorporate an Art Deco style into my wardrobe for next year. I’m so excited to wear these items together.
Gorgeous!

The dress style, the color, the accessory ... Perfection!

PolexiaAphrodisia

kiwifarms.net
Tried a new foundation - UOMA. I already like it better than the Dermablend pigment drops, which had started to let me down. I'm also going to try a Juice Beauty peel, since even the best paint looks crap on an uneven and bad canvas.
I've got some goodies in the mail I'm waiting on, I knew nobody would give me proper dosh so I just treated myself.
Ok, so my goodies arrived last week! Prepare for a long sperg; I currently have nobody in my life to discuss makeup with.

I got the Naked Cherry palette (half off), Colourpop's Double Entendre palette, Tarte Amazonian Clay setting powder, KIKO dual eyeliner in brick and rose, and KIKO Green Me Kajal eyeliner pencil in Intense Espresso.

I haven't tried the Naked Cherry yet, every time I think of doing it my brushes aren't clean :(

I LOOOOOVE the Double Entendre palette!!
I've mentioned before my love for Juvia's Nubian palette, and the Urban Decay Naked Heat was my first UD Naked palette, so that gives you an idea of the colors I wear a lot. However, with those sort of colors, I've had a huge issue with them fading. Like, I pack on the color to practically drag queen level intensity, but by the end of the day the colors had faded to a much lighter shade and all smushed together. I started the day full glam and ended it almost natural. Even with primer!
NOT SO with Double Entendre! The colors still blur into each other but stay bold and gorgeous. I wear a little bit of the shimmery nude color (Flasher) on "bare-face" days and it just gives my eyelids a perfect little boost. No other eyeshadow likes to stick to my naked lids.

The KIKO Kajal pencil is great, I adore kajal eyeliners. The brick/rose eyeliner combo, not so much - I'm used to a darker eyeliner and the tips of both sides broke off as soon as I tried to use them. I'm trying to transition slowly away from wearing so much makeup - maybe that pencil will work better for more natural days.

The Tarte setting powder...jury is still out. I am a big fucking greaseball so I need a powder that will really help with oil absorption. My face still feels very oily under my foundation at the end of the day and the makeup will rub right off if something touches my face. That said, it looks much less cakey than the Pacifica Velvet Cherry I was using before and makes for overall a better look. I probably won't re-order when this runs out but it's nice to try.

Speaking of foundation, UOMA is...interesting. It is much thinner than Dermablend, I prefer to apply it with a brush rather than a blender sponge because I feel like the sponge just sucks it all up. I like the pump more than the dropper. The color is pretty good too, it isn't orangey (which is a problem I run into a lot). It's more comfortable to wear since it's thinner, and I feel like my skin can breathe better, but my oiliness is still a big problem. If I had to pick between the two to use as my regular foundation from now on (similar prices), I think I'd go with UOMA.

I'm not sure what to think of the Juice Beauty "peel". I read reviews that mentioned tingling, flushing, burning, stinging, etc., but apart from some initial tingling for the first few seconds it's on my face I don't feel a lot. I also don't see my skin physically peeling at all. I have used it three times so far. My skin is definitely softer and smoother, and I have noticed that it is a little more even in tone.

I am using Oxy 10 acne cleanser in the morning (the shit bleached three of my towels last time) with H20 Beauty Oasis Gel to moisturize (thanks ipsy!). In the evenings I remove my makeup with kroger brand makeup wipes like a broke bitch, then use Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash to get the rest of it. Moisturizer is either Tonymoly Pandas Dream White Sleeping Pack, or a Freeman overnight turmeric gel mask that smells delicious. On the days I don't wear foundation I use Vicco turmeric face wash instead of Pacifica.

StrawberryDouche

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I also don't see my skin physically peeling at all.
My skin never "peels" with a peel either. I expected something like peeling from a sunburn, but apparently, that's not what happens. I asked about this on The Ordinary web site, and they said the "peeling" refers to the first few layers of the surface cells being dissolved. I fucking love peels. You wake up in the morning with a baby butt soft skin and dramatic reduction in fine lines after consistent use.

Trusty Patches

Are you a cleric or something?
kiwifarms.net
Happy 2020 everyone <3

What did you guys wear on NYE?

IMG_20200103_222439.jpg

Pls ignore how creased it is now I kinda just dumped it on a chair when I got back
It's from Karen Millen, she made a bunch of dresses which are sposed to look like origami. They are soooo figure hugging, I am obsessed.

My skin never "peels" with a peel either. I expected something like peeling from a sunburn, but apparently, that's not what happens. I asked about this on The Ordinary web site, and they said the "peeling" refers to the first few layers of the surface cells being dissolved. I fucking love peels. You wake up in the morning with a baby butt soft skin and dramatic reduction in fine lines after consistent use.
I love the Ordinary peels they are good for any skin complaint. Acne, acne scars, blemishes & fine lines. I used to get spots all the time but barely even get one a fortnight since I started using their peels.
If anyone here gets spots I would also recommend this product, it will totally zap them in a few hours. I've never tried anything so effective before

IMG_20200103_222047.jpg

PolexiaAphrodisia

kiwifarms.net
Happy 2020 everyone <3

View attachment 1081290

Pls ignore how creased it is now I kinda just dumped it on a chair when I got back
It's from Karen Millen, she made a bunch of dresses which are sposed to look like origami. They are soooo figure hugging, I am obsessed.

I love the Ordinary peels they are good for any skin complaint. Acne, acne scars, blemishes & fine lines. I used to get spots all the time but barely even get one a fortnight since I started using their peels.
If anyone here gets spots I would also recommend this product, it will totally zap them in a few hours. I've never tried anything so effective before

View attachment 1081300
I've always been wary of YesTo, but I'm going to try this!

Reactions: Trusty Patches

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Happy 2020 everyone <3

View attachment 1081290

View attachment 1081300
Your dress is pretty!! Love the champagne color.

I wore green and red floral silk PJs ... Because I got sick, haha. I was comfortable AND fancy.

Definitely would have preferred wearing a dress and going out though.

Twolegstillmidnight

Off with her legs!
kiwifarms.net
I bought the two collab palettes between Makeup Revolution and Alexis Stone, and I love them. I’m so glad to have a full sized entirely matte rainbow palette and the glitters in the transformation palette are super sparkly. Makeup Revolution has had a lot of really similar looking palettes out recently which I guess shouldn’t be surprising since they are still a drug store brand of sorts, but these two are outstanding and have wonderful pigment. The matte palette is a mix of eyeshadows and pigments and both are formulated rather smooth, the only time I got fallout was when I really dug a brush into red and that was just to custom mix a glitter color.

I also bought Pur’s magnetic mascara and it is phenomenal. I’ve hunted forever for a mascara to hold super-crimped lashes without being waterproof and this one does it.

Trusty Patches

kiwifarms.net
I bought the two collab palettes between Makeup Revolution and Alexis Stone
Yesssssss I got this also and I love it!!!!!! Everyone here should pick up the rainbow one if possible, it's so incredibly useful. I love a good yellow eye look at the moment so buying this palette was a no brainer.

Also just picked up this bc I needed some mint/lilac in my life. Plus the other colours are all pretty damn wearable too. It's from Violet Voss, a brand I totally love for their loose pigments which are perfect for your inner eye corner.

71+fiBAr9-L._SL1500_.jpg

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
So, a while back, I posted something about wanting to get an emerald green pillbox hat that I found on Etsy.

Well, I took the plunge and got it, and I've worn it out in public a couple of times. Let me tell you, so many people have stopped me to compliment the hat. I found out that people love cute hats, apparently! Haha.

I now have an itch to start a pillbox hat collection. I might get a basic black one next (since black goes with most things).

Trusty Patches

kiwifarms.net
I created my own palette on ColourPop:
View attachment 1083596
I also got the avocado face mask and face mílk set.
I would buy the shit out of this, you have SUCH good taste in colours, this is so gorgeous

So, a while back, I posted something about wanting to get an emerald green pillbox hat that I found on Etsy.

Well, I took the plunge and got it, and I've worn it out in public a couple of times. Let me tell you, so many people have stopped me to compliment the hat. I found out that people love cute hats, apparently! Haha.

I now have an itch to start a pillbox hat collection. I might get a basic black one next (since black goes with most things).
I think I speak for everyone here when I say SHOW US THAT HAT! (Soz if you already did, guess I musta missed it)

Tags
None