Makeup! Clothes! "Girly stuff" thread -

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Did my first ColourPop order in a really long time. Got mostly skincare stuff, since I like their face milks and hyaluronic acid serum, but I picked up some of the lip crayons from the Animal Crossing collection. Needed to pick up some more sheer/lightweight lip colors now that the warmer months are ahead, so why not? I like the green packaging on them, and I've heard that they all have different fruit scents to them, so they should be fun to use for the Summertime.

Has anyone tried ColourPop's Hyaluronic Tinted Moisturizer or Hyaluronic Hydrating Foundation? They caught my eye, but I didn't quite take the plunge yet.

Since I hit my 30's, my skin has decided to change almost overnight. My skin is much drier these days (lol I'm aging), and when my skin is dry, I tend to break out ... So I have this awful combination of trying to hydrate my skin while simultaneously trying to be rid of breakouts. I'd say that my skin is dry and sensitive. These ColourPop face makeup products seem promising?

Last edited:

Luna Mothews

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else own the Sugarpill Fun Size palette? I wanted to get it for a long time cause I liked how it's a rainbow palette but unique, and I was really disappointed. Their single shadows have always worked great for me, but this there's just barely any pigment with some of the shades. Can't tell if I got a bad one or something.

General Disarray

The kind of tired that sleep don't fix
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hi all! I just wanted to show off a purse I recently got. It's sure not everyone's style, but I love it because it's handmade, it's wearable art, and it would really hurt someone to hit them with it - a huge plus in my bad 'hood. The side clamps holding the strap to the bag are pretty rare. The one I owned decades ago was stolen along with a TON of other shit I had, and I've slowly started to replace some of the items near and dear to me. This is definitely one I had to have. very close to my original piece. I hope you find it interesting!

1616807239947.png

Pic from the listing.

admiral

Diet Nazi
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm feeling pretty good about myself and my workout results at the minute, so I decided to treat myself to some horrible cheap 6 inch gold spangled stripper heels from amazon because I wanna be tall, but I am also on a budget. They're easier to walk in than I anticipated, and having to bend down to turn door knobs is a fun novelty. Realistically I have around 7 more years of being able to wear this shit without looking like a saddo who can't dress for her age, so I'm making the most of it.

slut shoes.jpg
We're still in lockdown so I don't have anywhere to wear them except the house, but I'm considering it practice for their debut when the clubs open. I just really want to tower over puny men and stomp on their toes with my dagger-thin heels, you know?

like_shutup_&_drive_scoob

If I see one more LEAF I'm gettin' a rake
kiwifarms.net
Did my first ColourPop order in a really long time. Got mostly skincare stuff, since I like their face milks and hyaluronic acid serum, but I picked up some of the lip crayons from the Animal Crossing collection. Needed to pick up some more sheer/lightweight lip colors now that the warmer months are ahead, so why not? I like the green packaging on them, and I've heard that they all have different fruit scents to them, so they should be fun to use for the Summertime.

Has anyone tried ColourPop's Hyaluronic Tinted Moisturizer or Hyaluronic Hydrating Foundation? They caught my eye, but I didn't quite take the plunge yet.

Since I hit my 30's, my skin has decided to change almost overnight. My skin is much drier these days (lol I'm aging), and when my skin is dry, I tend to break out ... So I have this awful combination of trying to hydrate my skin while simultaneously trying to be rid of breakouts. I'd say that my skin is dry and sensitive. These ColourPop face makeup products seem promising?
I bought the same set of lip crayons! They're very nice which surprised me but I am kinda new to ColourPop... so I have no idea if the foundation is okay for breakout prone skin or not (but I would also like to know please?)

DelicateMageflower

It's Algonquin for bloodsport.
kiwifarms.net
I bought the same set of lip crayons! They're very nice which surprised me but I am kinda new to ColourPop... so I have no idea if the foundation is okay for breakout prone skin or not (but I would also like to know please?)
You mean the Pretty Fresh foundation? I enjoy it. Good coverage and staying power, nice shade range. It hasn't broken me out, and sometimes that happens to me with the more "dewy" foundations.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
That middle part and long hair combo is doing her zero favors, holy shit.
Asking here since it's off-topic for the other thread, but please tell me more about hairstyles, etc. I'm kind of blind when it comes to this stuff, so when I see things that don't work, I know they don't work, but I don't know why it doesn't work.

Polexia Aphrodisia

Life just kills me. Do you have any pot?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Asking here since it's off-topic for the other thread, but please tell me more about hairstyles, etc. I'm kind of blind when it comes to this stuff, so when I see things that don't work, I know they don't work, but I don't know why it doesn't work.
She's got a big ol moonface. Straight hair on either side with a middle part and no bangs just make the moonface worse. She should get some bangs and nice face framing layers that could make her face look thinner.

Imo bangless middle part straight hair a la Marcia Brady only works for really pretty people, because it puts the whole face front and center with nothing to distract from it.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I am one of those people who was a fan of "The" Strawberry Dress that went viral last year. I particularly loved the silhouette, and I just thought the dress in of itself was genuinely precious. It was a dress that I only admired looking at, though ... As I felt that if I ever forked over those hundreds of dollars for it, it would just rot in my closet. While I love it, I am way too self conscious to be wearing it at my age, as the dress is a bright pink color with sparkly strawberries all over it. lol. Also, it's such a standout dress that I don't know which occasion I could possibly ever wear it to. It's too nice to wear as a sundress, and it's far too attention-seeking to wear at a wedding (which is when I *do* wear fancier dresses). So ... Yeah ... You all get my point.

Anyway, imagine my excitement when I saw this Voodoo Vixen strawberry print dress:

138969_3_2048x2048.jpg

It's basically a more "age appropriate," and subtle version of "The" Strawberry Dress. It's not the exact same silhouette, but it's most certainly close enough for me to have purchased it the second I found it. I've already worn it out, and it's just the cutest lil' sundress. I've accessorized it with a straw hat and a straw purse, too.

Another dress purchase I've done in the past month was this adorable pink gingham dress that is actually 1950's vintage. Found it at a local antique store. There's a lot of embroidery on it as well-- the type of embroidery you simply don't see on clothes these days. The dress was very much taken care of as well; spotless condition. It wasn't the cheapest thing, but it was very reasonably priced for what it is. It's my first hit with a clothing piece from an antique shop. I might take a pic or two once I have the time.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
I've been doing my nails for a few years but it's been bugging me recently how I cannot seem to stop my index and middle finger nail polish from chipping off and taking the top layer of my nail with them. Is there any way to help stop it other than not using my hands? I work a hands-on water-and-chemical-intensive job and just keep having problems keeping that top layer on those two fingers from chipping.

If nothing else I was going to do my nails more often to keep the polish in its best condition and apply jojoba oil at least twice a day, but I haven't had my nail workspace for a few days and last night work just murdered my hands and I'm sad.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I've been doing my nails for a few years but it's been bugging me recently how I cannot seem to stop my index and middle finger nail polish from chipping off and taking the top layer of my nail with them. Is there any way to help stop it other than not using my hands? I work a hands-on water-and-chemical-intensive job and just keep having problems keeping that top layer on those two fingers from chipping.

If nothing else I was going to do my nails more often to keep the polish in its best condition and apply jojoba oil at least twice a day, but I haven't had my nail workspace for a few days and last night work just murdered my hands and I'm sad.
I have the same problem-- and that's because I wash my hands a lot. For me, personally, the best way to make my nail polish last more than 3 days without chipping is using a gel top coat.

Some questions for you:

1. Do you use any top coats? Because if you don't, then I highly suggest trying out a clear regular top coat. That should help it last at least a little bit longer.

2. Do you use fast drying top coats? Because sometimes, fast drying top coat can get really thick and goopy. When that happens, it has a tendency to "shrink" your nail polish on your nails, thus making it a lot easier for it to chip and wear down. I recommend using nail polish thinner to un-goop your top coat.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
I have the same problem-- and that's because I wash my hands a lot. For me, personally, the best way to make my nail polish last more than 3 days without chipping is using a gel top coat.

Some questions for you:

1. Do you use any top coats? Because if you don't, then I highly suggest trying out a clear regular top coat. That should help it last at least a little bit longer.

2. Do you use fast drying top coats? Because sometimes, fast drying top coat can get really thick and goopy. When that happens, it has a tendency to "shrink" your nail polish on your nails, thus making it a lot easier for it to chip and wear down. I recommend using nail polish thinner to un-goop your top coat.
I use seche clear as bottom coat and seche vite as topcoat. I've been doing this and trying to keep my nails decently long since around 2018, it just seems something always happens to those two fingers. I really probably just need to keep more on top of my polish to keep it fresher. When I'm not working my polish lasts around 2 weeks without chipping because I make sure to wrap the edges, use quality polishes, and all that good stuff.
If I had money to throw around it probably would be good to get the gel topcoat and cure light from my favorite polish brand. I heard some things about how if you use a generic cure light it won't work as well as cure lights designed for the gel you're using.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I use seche clear as bottom coat and seche vite as topcoat. I've been doing this and trying to keep my nails decently long since around 2018, it just seems something always happens to those two fingers. I really probably just need to keep more on top of my polish to keep it fresher. When I'm not working my polish lasts around 2 weeks without chipping because I make sure to wrap the edges, use quality polishes, and all that good stuff.
If I had money to throw around it probably would be good to get the gel topcoat and cure light from my favorite polish brand. I heard some things about how if you use a generic cure light it won't work as well as cure lights designed for the gel you're using.
Seche Vite is amazing for when you want your nails to dry ASAP. It's easily the fastest fast-dry top coat I've ever used, hands down. For me, personally, though, I stopped using it because I've switched to "3-free" and "5-free" polishes in recent years. And, also, when Seche Vite gets goopy, you need to specifically use the "Seche Restore" to thin it out again. You'll ruin the top coat if you use a different nail polish thinner, for some reason.

And, yes, it's true what they say about gel polishes. Once you commit to a certain kind, I highly recommend using a curing lamp from the same brand.