• "i hate these scumfuckers so much"

Off-Topic Makeup! Clothes! "Girly stuff" thread

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by Dee, Jul 3, 2014.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. We are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you make us cringe while trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Guest posting is allowed, but if you are claiming to be someone or know someone with a thread here, you must register and prove it to staff.
  1. Oh man, adult cystic acne is my curse too.
    -Does it contain glycolic acid what with all it does? I've heard that shit is a godsend but haven't had much luck with it other than it being a good exfoliant.

DatBepisTho

DatBepisTho Cryptid shitlord

kiwifarms.net
  2. Are beauty blenders really worth buying? I honestly do not want to spend $20 on a sponge that will just soak up all of my foundation... Also, what's a really good foundation brush?

Coda

Coda meme school

kiwifarms.net
  3. Absolutely. I love my BB, and I can tell a difference between the actual brand BBs and knock-offs. The knock-offs are still good, but not as good as the original.

For brushes, I like the Urban Decay foundation brush a lot.

I fucking love the Redken Color Extend Magnetics (I think that's the name) line. Shampoo is sulfate free, conditioner is awesome, and I'm pretty sure the deep-conditioning mask is made with unicorn tears.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

Blake Bumbleby [yasscat intensifies]
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I ordered the My Beauty Diary Black Pearl sheet masks and holy cow is there a lot of the goop on those. How do you keep them from dripping all over the place?

wifflypuff

wifflypuff just be cool man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Honestly the beauty blender knockoffs do a good enough job for me (or at least the ones I got do). You still get decent coverage for like a tenth of the price. I really want to try the Silisponge though.. I don't want my beloved BB creams disappearing into regular sponges anymore. (:_(

• Agree Agree x 2
    A Skeleton

A Skeleton Prepare for the end... the end of high prices!

kiwifarms.net
  6. Hey I guess this is as good a place to ask as any. My mom, my sister and I all have really bad eye-bags; Im pretty sure it's actually genetic, since I had a friend in like 2nd grade one day turn around and ask if I was all right because of them. I've kind of hated my appearance because of them for a long time, is there anything other than just make up that I could do about it? I dont have anything against wearing make up to cover them, but I was wondering if there was a more permanent solution, barring surgery, something like a topical cream you put on nightly, like Olay or something. I feel like just using make up on them could get expensive, but if I did use make up, what would I use? Like foundation or concealer, or what? It would be around my eyes so it cant be something that's so thick, otherwise it would look cake-y and chunky and crusty, yeah?

kiwifarms.net
  7. Okay so this is going to sound exceptional, at least in my opinion.

I have a compulsive urge to pick my skin and scratch things, especially blemishes. I've been on multiple medications to try and curb the urges but they have never worked--in fact, sometimes certain medications have made the issue worse.

I've talked to my doc about it, and he prescribes all my medications, and he's suggested I could try hypnotherapy, or even a certain medication that can help with it, though it's mostly used to prevent seizures.

Being someone who wants to pass as male, makeup isn't really an option for me, unless there's a way to wear makeup and still appear masculine. Makeup actually helps, because it keeps me from picking. Because if I tried to I'd get makeup all over my fingers and apparently that seems worse to me.

I'm a skeptic regarding hypnotherapy so I think makeup is my last option. Any tips on how to wear makeup subtly enough and still look masculine? I'm in a real pickle here. :(

Melkor

Melkor ANIME WAS A MISTAKE
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. I would recommend a tinted moisturizer. UD's One-and-Done is fantastic--subtle, but with buildable coverage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

Blake Bumbleby [yasscat intensifies]
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Alright! I'll look into that :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
    Melkor

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. I come from a long family of dark circles. While it's not quite the same, some of the same treatments work.

My cheap go-to for a quick fix is to take two green tea bags and give them a quick dip in some hot water (or actually make tea if you like it), let them cool long enough so you can squeeze out the water, then set them over your eyes for 5-10 minutes. The caffeine tightens up your skin, so it should reduce any puffiness. A cotton pad soaked in rose water can apparently do the same, but I haven't tried that yet.

(Both rose water and green tea make good toners, by the way.)

As far as makeup, I tend to make sure the area under my eyes are moisturized, then use a concealer applied in an inverted triangle and blended out with the pointy end of a beauty blender. Not sure if this would work for bags, but it works wonders for dark circles, so it might be worth a try.

Because I'm cheap, I use e.l.f. concealer--which is about three bucks--and it's pretty light while giving decent coverage. I also only use e.l.f. liquid eyeliner, because then I only get it smeared all over my eyeball every few times instead of every time.

• Like Like x 1
    swingbatta

swingbatta Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

kiwifarms.net
  11. Picked up the new UD Vice Liquid lip in Trap Queen.

On the lip, it's not as fire-engine red as it seems in the tube, but it's got a great metallic finish. Not as much staying power as matte liquid lip formulations, but it's not as drying and doesn't give you butthole mouth either. I'll pick up a matte shade when I have more $$ to spare, maybe next month.

• Like Like x 1
    wifflypuff

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Okay so I checked out a test sample of 2 different colors and they both made my skin yellow/orange :(

Melkor

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Ooh, I got that one too. It's way darker than the tube though. It goes from bright cherry red in the tube to rather dark red on the lips. Still awesome though. Might try the Big Bang in this formula. That's the big seller of the set at least where I am. I tried the tester and I like it way better than the Big Bang Vice lipstick or Revolution gloss. It doesn't look patchy like the lipstick does.

Side note: is UD out of names there? I get the "Urban" in Trap Queen, but not the "Decay".

• Agree Agree x 1
    Salt Water Taffy

Salt Water Taffy I have to go now. My planet needs me.

kiwifarms.net
  14. Ooh, Big Bang is pretty, but a bit too cool-toned for me to pull off.

I spotted a display of metallic nudes in Sephora's house brand as I was walking out but didn't have time to check them out. Anyone have the scoop on those?

Also lol re: UD color names. They've been Edgy McEdgertons since the 90s so probably hitting the wall by now.

• Like Like x 2
    wifflypuff

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. They're having a big promo called "The UnNudes" with mattes, metallics, cremes, and shine all in browns and nudes, but it's not just the inhouse brand, it's stuff from most of their brands.

Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
  16. Gotcha. I'll skip it then because I need another nude lip like a hole in my head.

Forgot! Also got the Touch In Sol Metallist Liquid Foil lip in Sophie. Incredibly shiny and metallic but needs touching up fairly often. Got a sample of the color Penny in the same formulation which would be a pretty coppery shade on a fair complexion but just kinda meh on me.

• Like Like x 1
    wifflypuff

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. I might check out Maria. I'm definitely going to play around with the testers next time I go to Sephora.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Salt Water Taffy

kiwifarms.net
  18. Differin is a retinoid cream, and honestly it didn't do much for me aside from give me some wicked sun damage because nobody told me I'd have to step up with the SPF when I used it. I've gotten better results from using a glycolic acid cleanser.

That stuff was pretty good, but it broke my scalp out really badly. I was actually trying to review it for my abandoned beauty blog and I had to stop because my scalp blew up and my hair started falling out more than usual... I've since found out the hard way that whatever they replace sulfates with in non-natural products, I'm allergic to.

It was a shame, as that was one of Redken's better product lines.

I feel your pain. I never had really bad eye bags outside of allergy season, but I do have really deep dark circles that make me look like I've been punched in both eyes. Something that's designed to both moisturize and reduce inflammation could help. I used to have an eye cream by Youngblood Cosmetics that worked really well. I also love the Skyn Iceland Arctic Relief eye cream, it took me from sandpaper to silky-smooth in like two days. The travel pen is $20 so it's not such an investment, and they also have an under-eye serum you might want to look at!

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. I heard so many good things about it, but when I tried it, it looked too yellow for me. I pray that they come out with a lighter shade. Then again, I should look into other tinted moisturizers aside from BareMinerals.

I also want to buy a metallic liquid lipstick at least once. I have my eyes set on the Black Metals from Black Moon Cosmetics. Has anyone here ever tried their liquid lipsticks?

Torrid bralettes are the best. Holy shit.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. Everyone knows this is the time of year your skin get dried out as fuck , especially on your feet. Im using Gold Bond super foot moisturizer and its healed my feet amazingly. Definitely try if you suffer the same.

• Like Like x 1
    xenomorph

xenomorph I need to wake up Leanna to make me dinner.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.