• "Listen Hitler, I'm tired of your white-knighting!"

Off-Topic Makeup! Clothes! "Girly stuff" thread

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by Dee, Jul 3, 2014.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
  1. BRUH THOSE TORRID BRALETTES. I switched to them recently, after a decade and a half of wearing traditional bras and dealing with the pain they caused- I have lots of fibroids in my breasts due to my shitty hormones and their size- and I can't believe how supportive they are. They're comfortable, minimizing, and I'm not in horrible pain when I take them off at the end of the day. 100% win.

I had the same issue with One and Done, honestly. Is it too much to ask, just one shade lighter and an actual neutral? That's the one thing that gets me about UD, their "neutral" foundation shades, even the ones supposedly pale enough, oxidize horribly on my skin and turn mustard-yellow. It can't just be my body chemistry.

I want to try the Black Moon lipsticks, too! I've seen so many positive reviews and pretty pictures, I'm so glad the Black Metal shades are permanent now! Please share what you think if you pick some up.

kiwifarms.net
  2. I never had too much pain with traditional bras (but strapless bras are fucking terrible for me), but the Torrid bralettes are a lot more affordable for my cheap-ass self, which is what drew me to them in the first place. Plus, they have a lot of colors and they're pretty cute (and I don't care for lace normally, but those lace bandeaus are the best).

As for Black Moon Cosmetics, I am waiting for another sale to pop up so I can purchase one or two. I am debating on Armageddon and or Eternal (although I am not too convinced on that though, some swatches make it look too orangey). I will definitely let you know.

kiwifarms.net
  3. See I'm such a color junkie I just want all of them. And half of their core line, too. I'm just worried that I wouldn't be able to wear them, I've got such dry lips and they're really sensitive. Liquid-to-mattes scare me a little, lol.

kiwifarms.net
  4. They were a pain with me too, mainly because I sucked at applying them. As long as you pick out liquid lipsticks that are moisturizing, I think you should be okay.

Another brand to try out is Makeup Monsters, they're not too drying and they last for quite a while. I also like Jeffree Star's liquid lipsticks, but I am not too comfortable with supporting him anymore (although Gemini is my fucking favorite shade).

kiwifarms.net
  5. Yikes. A ton of those things seem to do that, which is really unfortunate as the SPF moisturizers still tend to make the wearer's face greasy-looking AF.

#1425 DatBepisTho, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    DatBepisTho

DatBepisTho Cryptid Niggowl

kiwifarms.net
  6. I've been looking into it, because I don't like using so many products on my face for that reason, and when I run out of what I've got now (because I'm broke as fuck) I'm going to try the Mario Badescu aloe SPF 15 moisturizer. Not as high as you might want, but since it combines two steps down into one, it seems worth it. Plus I'm about to get a little more aggressive with my exfoliating products (an enzyme cleanser that's just a little less intense than a glycolic one, plus an enzyme moisturizer) I like that that particular moisturizer is soothing and cooling to the skin.

I also have one I found at Ulta, it's nothing to write home about but it's pretty lightweight and it's for acne-prone skin. I use it when I go to the gym so I'll have a little sun protection, since it is a little much for me to use on work days.

kiwifarms.net
  7. I'll have to look into the aloe one when I'm not broke AF.
    Maybe the Ulta one too.

Thanks. :)

• Like Like x 1
    DatBepisTho

DatBepisTho Cryptid Niggowl

kiwifarms.net
  8. hey has anybody had any experience with arctic fox hairdye? my cousin wants to get her hair done in a specific color but im refusing to let her use splat because (from my experience) the bleach tore my scalp apart and left my hair feeling super brittle for months and the color leaks super hard with it so im using a sallys bleach but i wanted to see how arctic fox was or if it was nice feeling, conditioning, etc cause id rather not lean on color ion cause (again from my experience) i had the color she wanted and it faded within two weeks and was just generally unappealing.

widowspiderling

widowspiderling Everybody's Big Titty Mom

kiwifarms.net
  9. Arctic Fox is great! I used "Phantom Green" a while back, and it wasn't as cool a green as I wanted, but that's more down to my taste than product performance. After I rinsed, my hair felt really nice and the color faded well. I'd definitely recommend it.

Splat and Ion are total garbage, I don't blame you for not wanting to use them!

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  10. (Sorry if I'm derailing a convo)

See this shit?
    pinkpowder.jpg

It's a brand of face mask by Korean brand Etude House. It's meant to be used as a full face mask, bu I've found it's an amazing spot treatment. Seriously. Stubborn acne gets smaller, discoloration gets better and things seem to heal faster after leaving this on/ washing it off. I use it as a spot treatment because I was originally introduced to this via sample so there wasn't nearly enough to use as a mask. Now having bought a full size, I'm still sticking to my spot treatment usage. They apparently sell a spot treatment in this same line, but it looks like that kind where you shake the bottle and q-tip some of the mixture onto acne. I never had any luck with those treatments, personally.

Seriously, I love this and want to tell everyone.

Is Ion really that bad? I talked to a chick back in December who had some of her hair dyed pink by Ion. The color was pretty cool and she said she colored back in the summer or September or something. I was thinking of giving them a shot if I ever dye my hair again.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Dr.Research

Dr.Research Dissertation Topic: Lolcows
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. It's not as bad as Splat or Color Zone (the other shit at Sally's that isn't Manic Panic) but it's not good, either.

I'm actually really excited about Pulp Riot, I tried their dark silver, "Smoke", the last time I did my hair and it's held up really well. I'm leaving my hair alone for a few months (pray for me, y'all) so that it can grow and I can just start lightening from the roots but when I do, I have a tube of their lighter silver, "Mercury", to tone my hair with. The swatches are beautiful and I really want to try "Aquatic" and "Absinthe" but I'm going to try and find a new job soon so I can't go too crazy at the moment...

As far as skincare goes, I'm at my wit's end.

I feel like I do nothing but test samples and research products and I still don't know just what to use... My skin is combination-oily, so I can't use anything too heavy, but the parts of my face that are dry are bone-dry so they need more hydration. I've got tons of hyperpigmentation, flakiness, and some scars (including a nice, big dark and bumpy patch on my chin from that fucking micellar water I had a bad reaction to, or was it the cleanser?), so I need exfoliation, but I can't go too hard with that because it'll get worse if my skin gets irritated. No combination of primer, foundation, and setting products will keep makeup on my face for more than six hours at a time. I can't afford to just buy shit and hope for the best, I've got to figure this out before what I have is gone and I have to make a snap decision.

I spent probably an hour in Sephora today, just looking at stuff and trying to get some ideas, but everything I picked up that looked like it maybe would help one thing, I worried it would make some other issue worse. I'll probably end up just investing in a few different travel kits and hitting up Sephora for as many samples as they'll give me to see what works, because I don't know what else to do at this point. Like, what do you do when even shit that's made for sensitive skin can make you break out in a rash?

kiwifarms.net
  12. Have you looked into Asian skincare at all? There's tons of info on r/asianbeauty and the stuff is meant to target specific issues. I've incorporated a lot of Korean products into my routine lately and it's helped my skin a lot. For the flakiness and hyperpigmentation, maybe a chemical exfoliant like BHA would help? I had dry flakiness and it cleared up really quickly with BHA, plus then there's no scrubbing which is what always bugged my skin. Also I found a lot of it is cheaper than Sephora or other shops so that was a bonus too.

kiwifarms.net
  13. I have, and I've used a fair amount of it, but the problem is a lot of the products have so much fragrance in them that even if my skin doesn't break out, the smell will make me gag. The several BB creams I used, with the exception of the Skin Food Multi-Mushroom one, all had cloying floral scents that were really hard to get past. The Skin79 cleanser almost killed me with that shit.

I'm looking at the Mario Badescu keratoplast cream soap and the buttermilk moisturizer, they both have enzyme exfoliants in them. And are cheaper than what I currently use, and easy enough to get, so that's a plus.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. @fire_fly

I would give that Etude House powder mask a shot. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it does seem to actually shrink and de-red spots day by day. I think it also works for flaky bits.
    I use an acne cleanser called NOTS (Noble Through Skin), also Korean, and have had good luck with it.
    Yadah is a brand that has a silky BB concealer that's for sensitive skin and works well on me and doesn't cause any extra break outs. I don't know what your skin color is, but it seems that this brand may just have a single shade (fair, as you can probably guess).
    Water volume aqua gel cream by Mizon is possibly the lightest moisturizer I've ever used. But it does have a mildly strong generic 'spa' smell. If the smell turns you off, Nature Republic sells a giant tub of mositurizer that's supposedly 92% aloe vera. There is other shit in there, but the directions do list aloe vera as the first ingredient (and do point out, again, 92%). It has an aloe smell, but it's very light.

If you're curious about any of these you should check e-bay. NOTS is sometimes available on Amazon Prime, but oftentimes buying from e-bay is cheaper and would take just as long as elsewhere (around 2 weeks straight from Korea is my experience).

I really hope you find a routine that works. Anyone who says having bad skin isn't a big deal has never had shit skin.

• Like Like x 2
    Dr.Research

Dr.Research Dissertation Topic: Lolcows
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. In other news, anyone get Julep Maven boxes? The March stuff was just announced a few days ago.
    [GALLERY=media, 2982]Spring To It by Salt Water Taffy posted Feb 19, 2017 at 4:22 PM[/GALLERY]
    From left to right: It's Balm in Brandywine, When Pencil Met Gel in Fig Shimmer, Lara, Faith, Jennye, Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum, Ange, Jyliana, Rosemary. Not pictured: Keaton.
    Plus the second polish in their second Zodiac set, Passionate Pisces:
    [GALLERY=media, 2981]Passionate Pisces by Salt Water Taffy posted Feb 19, 2017 at 4:20 PM[/GALLERY]

Not going to lie, I don't love this collection, just like last month. In fact, it's a little too similar to last month's set if you ask me (Lara & Ainsley and Charissa & Rosemary seem a little too similar, if you ask me, along with near dupes Jyliana and Trudy). I'm also not in love with the color palate with this collection. I'm not a big fan of the It's Balm and I don't think the Fig Shimmer will look too good on my skintone, so I'm going to pass on this month's box. That said, if I ever find Lara, Faith, Rosemary, or Ange (which looks like a close dupe to long-time covets Donna and Eloise) in the Secret Store, I'll definitely pick them up.

Salt Water Taffy

Salt Water Taffy I have to go now. My planet needs me.

kiwifarms.net
  16. Thank you! I think my biggest problem is the sudden development of allergies I never had before... I never quite know what will hurt me and what won't, because I'll suddenly react to something I've been using for months with no issue. It's hard to explain to others and it makes buying anything- cosmetics, food, cleaning products, anything- really daunting.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S SO PRETTY! I don't normally wear colors like that but that's so gorgeous, I want it!

kiwifarms.net
  17. I do! I've been a maven since early 2014. I'm actually a huge fan of March and February collections. I like dusty, shimmery, muted tones.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

Blake Bumbleby [yasscat intensifies]
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Della and Maylee from last month are really growing on me. I might pick them up from the Secret Store (I actually haven't gotten a box in months because I spend the price of 2-3 boxes a month there.)
    As far as the Zodiac stuff goes, I think I'm going to do what I did last year, which was wait until all 12 come out and then ask for the whole box for Christmas.

• Like Like x 1
    Salt Water Taffy

Salt Water Taffy I have to go now. My planet needs me.

kiwifarms.net
  19. That's the way to go re: the zodiac/birthstone collections. It's so much cheaper that way.

I'm getting the fig shimmer eyeliner, brandy wine it's balm (ugh i hate their stupid new names for their products), Faith, Keaton, Rory, and Jyliana. Last three polishes are addons. I have enough jules for a free box, so I only have to pay for the addons. 8D

• Like Like x 1
    Blake Bumbleby

Blake Bumbleby [yasscat intensifies]
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. If you buy charcoal supplements break open the cap, add a tiny bit of water to make a paste and apply on your teeth, keep it on for 10 mins. Boom, teeth whitener. Do it weekly you will see results pretty fast.
    If you have fair skin and get those lil red bumps on your arms and legs (I do, irish curse) apply stridex pads over the areas after a shower and let dry, over time they will shrink and disappear.

xenomorph

xenomorph I need to wake up Leanna to make me dinner.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Hashes/s 0
    Total 0
    Threads 0
    Activity  0% 

We run a Monero miner on the Kiwi Farms. Understand that by visiting this website, you will be contributing some of your computational resources to it in the form of mining a cryptocurrency. More information can be found here.

thx u n i love you ~ null

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.