Making gaming open to everyone -

Medafag

From Furfag to Waluigifag
kiwifarms.net
Videogames have to be one of the easier of not the easiest form of entertainment to get into, you pretty much only need two functional hands and that's it, you don't need to expend thousands of dollars on a good PC or buy all current gen consoles to enjoy the medium, if you have a phone, you can emulate a lot of older consoles and play hundreds of games that way, there is nothing really stopping you from playing Super Mario World or Pokemon Crystal on your phone and have fun, too bad these kind of articles are always about the "Videogames should appeal only to me!" angle, this whole bullshit about trying to politicize videogames can't end soon enough

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is literally nothing preventing anyone from playing video games other then a serious disability. If they spent as much time playing games as they do whining about them, surely they could find some games among the thousands out there that appeal to them.
And even for those with serious disabilities, there's that Xbox Accessibility Controller that's specifically designed to make gaming as accessible as possible. It's a pretty remarkable thing. There've been things like that throughout gaming history, such as a (now extremely rare) NES controller with a thing you blow into, to press a button, for the paralyzed.

But I guess these lunatics would rather wheel a paralyzed child onto a Dance Dance Revolution machine, kick him hard enough to knock him over sideways, and take a photo so they can go ABLOO ABLOO ABLOO VIDEOS GAME IS ALL MADE BY HATEFUL NAZIS

Reactions: Pinot Pierrot

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Looks like a pretty generic moral panic puff piece, unrealistic fears combined with odd expectations of a hobby where the only requirement is the ability to buy a console. I genuinly doubt the author did any actual origional research for the article.

I'm really begining to wonder if I could do there job even if I don't really believe anything they say.

Last edited:

Shield Breaker

^_^
kiwifarms.net
Fuck off. I have never felt like I was being excluded. I liked JRPGs growing up, probably the genre with the most male main characters outside of FPS. I never minded because they usually have a secondary female who is badass.

I love it when I can play as as woman in video games. Representation is a good thing.
I know that this is bait, but a lot of games have character creators.

ZehnBoat

fromm
kiwifarms.net
1990s: "Lol gaming is for uncool nerds."

2010s: "Gaming should be more open to us now."

Fuck off. You only want in because it's finally mainstream enough for you.
fucking this
the people screaming about nerdy shit now are the same people who hated it when they were kids because it wasn't popular then

also gaming is for everyone but no individual game is for everyone

Not Really Here

Something's wrong with my neck sleeve
kiwifarms.net
It's about time. I am so very tired of having to send a new dick pic every time I want to play a video game.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
>20% of all gamers are LGBT
>50% of all gamers are women
>we need to make gaming open to everyone

Seems like they're doing a good job already, what are people bitching about again?
They need absolute control.
Any game that doesn't explicitly push their worldview (even if it's politically neutral) either shouldn't be released or be changed, and any gamer that doesn't share their ideology shouldn't be allowed to play.

Medafag

From Furfag to Waluigifag
kiwifarms.net
They need absolute control.
Any game that doesn't explicitly push their worldview (even if it's politically neutral) either shouldn't be released or be changed, and any gamer that doesn't share their ideology shouldn't be allowed to play.
One can say that's the main goal of these articles, many people want to politicize games to turn the medium into another propaganda machine, since traditional media has been dying for decades now, but in order to do that, they need to drive away anyone who actually enjoys playing videogames

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whenever I see articles like these I become thankful that I grew out of my hardcore SJW phase. I can see the objective plus sides to incorporating settings for people who have colour blindness, but people who want every single game to have an obese genderspecial character are delusional.
The ironic thing is, they never celebrate the games that do cater to them. How much love did Saints Row 3 get for having gender on a slider, and letting you use whichever voice you want for your character? I never saw any.

Then again, that game came out in 2011, before troons were invented.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Vapewizard

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
The ironic thing is, they never celebrate the games that do cater to them. How much love did Saints Row 3 get for having gender on a slider, and letting you use whichever voice you want for your character? I never saw any.

Then again, that game came out in 2011, before troons were invented.
Nier had a hermaphrodite and a gay skeleton. It almost never gets praised by the social justice crowd. Probably because of how Kaine is dressed.

• Informative
Reactions: Pissmaster
Tags
None