Making your own music instead of listening to others -

Hikikomori-Yume

kiwifarms.net
Since the 20th century people have been psychologically conditioned to view music as a commodity.
Music has become a commercial product to be sold and whored away by the jews.
Before the 20th century and even now in the streaming and piracy age, people still prefer to listen to the work of others instead of listening to their own.
Here is why I propose humanity make a radical shift to the future and move beyond the concept of musician and listener and evolve to the singularitarian stage of being your own musician.
What I am saying is, what if people all made their own music instead of waiting for someone or some people to make something that MIGHT amuse them.
Music is a reflection of your psyche, your tastes and lived experience, if all you ever do is listen to other people's music then you'll only ever be immersed in other people's emotions and imagination.

And let me just say it's fucking CRAZY how people worship musicians and their music.
You're taking someone else's words and feelings and making them your own, instead of exploring yourself.

break these cuffs

pic related: its me and my bitch
kiwifarms.net
Since the 20th century people have been psychologically conditioned to view music as a commodity.
Before the 20th century and even now in the streaming and piracy age, people still prefer to listen to the work of others instead of listening to their own.
Here is why I propose humanity make a radical shift to the future and move beyond the concept of musician and listener and evolve to the singularitarian stage of being your own musician.
What I am saying is, what if people all made their own music instead of waiting for someone or some people to make something that MIGHT amuse them.
Music is a reflection of your psyche, your tastes and lived experience, if all you ever do is listen to other people's music then you'll only ever be immersed in other people's emotions and imagination.
Who the fuck would want to listen to the music of the average person, including themselves? It's almost universally going to be shit. Are you trying to tell me that before recorded music everyone was writing their own songs and exploring themselves like a Judy Bloom novel or some shit? Are you exceptional?

This is peak teenage age angst. Girls want cute guys who play guitars, not guys who play guitars.

Sergeant Politeness

Pitiful, laughable, once again silent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
what if people all made their own music instead of waiting for someone or some people to make something that MIGHT amuse them.
There'd be a lot more shitty music likes yours ngl

Like look, I make music and I see value in other people finding ways of expressing themselves, but I listen to music to (aside from to hear catchy songs and talented people and cool sounds) relate and hear bits of myself or things I like in someone else's work. Shared experiences are valuable for that reason. We find humor in relating, catharsis in relating, enjoyment in relating. It's why we make stuff. Individuality is what it is: isolating. I'd rather share stuff with people.

Carcinogenesis

The most annoying Kiwi ever dealt with
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have you considered maybe that people like listening music but are not talented enough in that department to make their own? You don't make your fast food meal and soda, you buy it because you just can't recreate the meal. There's so much music out there with a variety of emotions and themes, you don't NEED to produce music, but you can if you want to.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

WEEDle

kiwifarms.net
In general producing something instead of only consuming can be rewarding. I've tried my hand in making art, writing and even music. Apart from playing instruments which I eventually lost interest in, making music using digital audio workstations was surprisingly easy to pick up but could take a long time to master.

Still being fairly new to the whole thing it was easy enough to figure out intuitively and for what wasn't immediately straightforward there are a bunch of tutorials for. Downloading different synths, using sequencers and samplers, etc. I might get back into that sometime.

I think a balance of making your own music and listening to other people's music for enjoyment or inspiration is best. Though I guess some people might want to totally isolate themselves with the thought to making something totally unique away from any other influences.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's the 21st century now. The developed world has easier access to an exponentially higher amount of music than ever before, both due to the passage of time and the evolution of genres and styles over that period of time, and also the presence of the internet. You can get as niche or as broad as you desire in your tastes as you explore the works of millions of musicians, competent and incompetent alike. In fact, superstars now make up the minority of the artists we have access to nowadays. So relax and find something you enjoy, and if composition is an interest of yours, then do some of that too.

Hikikomori-Yume

kiwifarms.net
Have you considered maybe that people like listening music but are not talented enough in that department to make their own? You don't make your fast food meal and soda, you buy it because you just can't recreate the meal. There's so much music out there with a variety of emotions and themes, you don't NEED to produce music, but you can if you want to.
It is true that there are some things a person can't do all on their own, such as female vocals if you're male or exotic instruments from another country that would take too much effort to acquire.
As for your other argument, music is easier to make now than ever, all you need is a DAW and then take an hour or so to learn basic music theory.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Carcinogenesis

The most annoying Kiwi ever dealt with
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is true that there are some things a person can't do all on their own, such as female vocals if you're male or exotic instruments from another country that would take too much effort to acquire.
As for your other argument, music is easier to make now than ever, all you need is a DAW and then take an hour or so to learn basic music theory.
Nobody has time for that, even if it's easier to produce music. People might even hate their own music simply because they made it. People listen to music because they can relate to the lyrics or because they just enjoy the music itself. Listening to your own music and enjoying it like any other music is kind of like masturbating to yourself in front of a mirror. It's just weird in my opinion to enjoy your own expression of your life experiences.

Wendy_Carter

Shadows are black as ink, or night, or nightmares.
kiwifarms.net
If you fancy yourself some sort of cool hipster music producer that will get a niche audience, then you're deluding yourself. I've listened to your music, and the sound of a metronome repeatedly hitting me against the skull would be a more pleasurable experience than anything you've produced, and I'm the kind of person that gets lulled by sounds that can be considered annoying by others, like a hammer hitting something repeatedly for minutes on end.

You have no ear for music, and your obsession with industrial music is very likely solely because of that. You can just mix some random sounds of jets taking off and random static sounds, increase the volume to earrape levels every once in a while and pretend you've just made some masterpiece secret masterpiece in the genre. From what I understand, industrial music is more than just "mix random sounds in Fruit Labs".

Now consider the description I just gave you. This is what your average person will create - an amalgamation of sounds only he can comprehend. If you're doing it for yourself as a hobby, then fine, but don't try to advertize yourself as some musical big shot. As far as I know, we're the only ones listening to your music, and it's just to humor you, because you are our local village idiot we laugh at. People can like music fine, but when it comes to actually creating it, many will not do well. You're not Death Grips, you won't make as much as a splash in a kiddy pool, let alone make big waves in the music industry. We already have enough SoundCloud rappers giving out their "fire mixtapes" on the streets, and I'm fairly certain they do not have a very high reputation amongst music creators.

Edit: I feel like I'm probably on his ignore list, because I have not received an answer to anything I've ever said to him. High-five to @Varg Did Nothing Wrong, I'm now part of the cool kids club.

Last edited:

Hikikomori-Yume

kiwifarms.net
I'm 14 minutes in, and I haven't heard any music yet. Do you have any real tracks, or is it all this edgy shit?

Also, how can I be sure this is even something you made? I could easily link to an obscure youtube and claim it as my own.
Listen to it 50 more times

Nobody has time for that, even if it's easier to produce music. People might even hate their own music simply because they made it. People listen to music because they can relate to the lyrics or because they just enjoy the music itself. Listening to your own music and enjoying it like any other music is kind of like masturbating to yourself in front of a mirror. It's just weird in my opinion to enjoy your own expression of your life experiences.
No it's more like daydreaming instead of watching a movie

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino