Malware False Positive Attack -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Positron

Wearing the same blue mask since 2004
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just found out KF is still blocked by something called WebSense for "unwanted software". As far as I know it is a proxy service used by many colleges and libraries (Don't go hard on me if I made a mistake: I'm just another woman in tech like Banana Wu.)

Xylitol

kiwifarms.net
Just found out KF is still blocked by something called WebSense for "unwanted software". As far as I know it is a proxy service used by many colleges and libraries

You'd be correct good sir.

But I'd change what you mentioned about it being used by colleges and libraries to simply businesses as a whole. (After all colleges are a business) You'd be hard pressed to find a decent sized business that doesn't have web proxies in place or some kind of layer 7 firewall that pulls in web reputation feeds for malware domain blocks.

WebSense proxies are powered by Forcepoint data. Pretty sure BlueCoat, Fortiweb, WebWasher, PaloAlto, and others would sinkhole it too at this point based on their own threat intel. These solutions have nothing to do with censoring "muh freezepeach", and are leveraged most by businesses to only sinkhole malware domains and Tor exit nodes.

wkqwgx.JPG

My post covering a possible threat actor which I meant to post here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/the-mining-pit.34649/page-29#post-2700622

trueandhonestfan

I'll drink my agua to that!
kiwifarms.net
Not just antiviruses block now. Even uBlock Origin is blocking the site.

Forgive my ignorance about cryptocurrency, but what's the issue with the miner? Is it just considered a PUP or adware by antiviruses, is it a behavioral detection, or is it just a group of people submitting false reports to antivirus devs?

kiwifarms ublock.png
Just to submit this screenshot I had to use Microsoft Edge. I tried well over 5 times to load the page in Chrome but nothing loaded but the text on an all white background.

Last edited:

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the necro but I need some straight advice. What free antivirus is the best, or at least the least bad?

Never ask this question because everyone will jump on you and call you a retard for using any anti-Virus software. They think they're so cool with their totally rad custom pixel-flame cursor, their free Xbox and because they're friends with a wealthy Nigerian prince :mad:

Solzhenitsyn

no dig just pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the necro but I need some straight advice. What free antivirus is the best, or at least the least bad?

As long as you don't go on shady sites or download suspicious files, and have an ad-blocker, you should be perfectly fine with the built-in antivirus your own PC comes with.
If you must I got Avira for my parents, it was one of the few antiviruses that didn't blacklist the Farms and it's pretty good. It does have daily messages popping up asking you to upgrade though.