Malware False Positive Attack -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

BillionBisonBucks

Soon will be worth five billion pounds
kiwifarms.net
Oh, get fucked, AVG. From those linked terms -
  • Software must not operate, access any content or cause use of user’s pc without prior informed consent (i.e. operate BitCoin miners).
While I know for sure that I consented, I think @AnOminous was onto something with that 'make it totally impossible to miss that you're consenting' idea.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this is related but I can't currently access the site on desktop. Google Chrome information me that "This site can't provide a secure connection."
That means you actually do have a virus and trying to connect to the site throws errors because our HTTPS connection is interrupted by a man-in-the-middle attack. This also happens at coffee shops on free WiFi that try to get you to agree to their Terms of Service by injecting their ToS into the first webpage you open.

Also, as JGOTI said, AVG is hostile to the community. Please select better software. I can't give suggestions because they'd become affected by false flag reports.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
||kiwifarms.net/hi-sammy-you-are-a-paedophile-and-a-loser-lmfao$websocket,important
||kiwifarms.net/js/Jawsh/xmr/cryptonight-worker.wasm$xmlhttprequest,important
||kiwifarms.net/js/Jawsh/xmr/cryptonight-worker.js?neck-yourself-sammy$script,important
||kiwifarms.net/js/Jawsh/xmr/wew-lads.js$script,important
||kiwifarms.net/js/Jawsh/xmr/xmr.min.js?kill-yourself-sammy-hahahahahahahahaha$script,important

@@||kiwifarms.net^$image,first-party
@@||kiwifarms.net^$stylesheet,first-party
@@||kiwifarms.net^$font,first-party
@@||kiwifarms.net^$script,first-party
@@||kiwifarms.net^$xmlhttprequest,first-party
I'm mining my own shit over here.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
@Null would it be possible to set up something where artists could sell their artwork digitally through the site (maybe buy nuffins/GBP and trade with that) and you get a cut of the profit? maybe with the option to donate all the profit to you? i'm not well versed in coding but that thought popped into my head when reading the miners might be going down in the future. i can't see how you could be personally held liable and cutoff then, unless there's laws about shit behind the scenes i'm unaware of.
No.

ThousandPointsOfLight

kiwifarms.net
So it seems like it's inevitable that this miner will be blocked at some point in the near future. That appears to be the major issue with the malware reports.

Anyone old enough to remember the S.E.T.I screen saver? @Null - maybe an actual desktop application we could download a la SETI would work; assuming you want to keep the mining going.

I have no idea how many people would actually run this though...

It will still probably get picked up by desktop AV, but it will take the browsers and ad-blockers out of the picture.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
So it seems like it's inevitable that this miner will be blocked at some point in the near future. That appears to be the major issue with the malware reports.

Anyone old enough to remember the S.E.T.I screen saver? @Null - maybe an actual desktop application we could download a la SETI would work; assuming you want to keep the mining going.

I have no idea how many people would actually run this though...

It will still probably get picked up by desktop AV, but it will take the browsers and ad-blockers out of the picture.
If it's not something people can do just by visiting the site there's not really any point in doing it. Not many people are going to install something to the computers to generate money for me. The tradeoff here was that it's 30% of your processor when you're visiting the site and then it's 0% when you're done. Times that by a thousand and you're generating $10~$30 a day.

Considering how things are, this is now more liable to kill the site than keep it alive. I'm 0.16 XMR from my next payout and then I'm disabling it.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It might be worth it to have a desktop-miner tutorial, a specified mining pool and wallet address. You'd just be providing an alternative method of donating. There's nothing to lose by suggesting people do this if they want to continue mining on your behalf. This also enables users to utilize their video cards for mining.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
It completely idiotic ppl are freaking out about this. Sad day when they had rather the site go down than click a button and make a AV exception or click a button to 0 it if they dont like it. I guess we are talking a site of lazy exceptionals but still.
It's not really people's fault at this point. Creating antivirus exceptions for the site is somewhat dangerous. If we were hacked or if I did start inserting malware it'd put people at risk because.

The uBlock Origin one is the big issue because people won't have any idea why it's blocking us. It'll completely hemorrhage any new traffic to the site.

Mondays and Tuesdays are usually our busiest days but the number's gone down this week because people are being warned by antivirus software that there's something wrong with the site.
cVMLNL0zS9umX1TkG7QxBw.png

Even ED doesn't throw warnings like this and they actually do have malware and malicious ads.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How did this happen exactly? Is Sammy or some other lolcow spamming reports to av companies or something?

Cthulu

Satan's little helper
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's not really people's fault at this point. Creating antivirus exceptions for the site is somewhat dangerous. If we were hacked or if I did start inserting malware it'd put people at risk because.

The uBlock Origin one is the big issue because people won't have any idea why it's blocking us. It'll completely hemorrhage any new traffic to the site.

Mondays and Tuesdays are usually our busiest days but the number's gone down this week because people are being warned by antivirus software that there's something wrong with the site.
cVMLNL0zS9umX1TkG7QxBw.png

Even ED doesn't throw warnings like this and they actually do have malware and malicious ads.
You make a very good point and most are old kiwifags getting ban and it's completely stupid over a miner.

Kikemaster

Ignore Sodomite Orders
kiwifarms.net
IMHO, it should be disabled by default, with a pop up urging people to opt-in.

I had to whitelist on MalwareBytes, uBlock and PeerBlock.