Marie callanders frozen pie - Kiwifarms encouraged me to try it

Goobaalert

Waiting for jxj only fans...
kiwifarms.net
So I wanted to see how sucky the pumpkin pie from marie callenders really was. Turns out kiwi farms was right.
Now I'm not a Baker affcienado pumpkin pies and dump cakes are my lazy baking go tos especially dump cakes because I hate dirtying up dishes and it turns out fucking delicious.
Buuuut even I would opt to make a pumpkin pie from scratch as store bought tastes too bland for me.
Well I popped that fucking pie in the oven baked it and if you blindfolded me I swear to god I'd think I was eating sweet potato pie. Also it tasted freeze burnt like it was sitting in freezer aisle a little too long. I dont see the point on it as if you were really that pressed for time you'd can buy a somewhat passable pie from the bakery with out the trouble of baking it.for roughly the same price. Shit what I paid for this freezer burnt pie could make 2 pies one fresh to eat and another in the freezer to reheat at my convenience. Not as for the rest of the pie lines berry I dont like apple my mom literally brings me the good shit every other week. As for others only the chocolate one and cream pie ones are good.

DuckSucker

NIbblin' bits since 2006
kiwifarms.net
I think for what its worth most people have said pumpkin isnt good for pies and most store bought pies ARE either sweet potato or some other winter squash, and canned pumpkin for sure is definitely not pumpkin, as pumpkin is too stringy and bland even pureed.

But pies kinda suck, fire me. For fruit pastries, a cobbler, or hell even a danish or fruit kolache is better.

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
I'm not much of a fruit pie fan either, except for the kind of fruit pies they used to sell at McDonald's and I think they still do sell at Harvey's, the ones that are deep fried and have a crust exactly like egg rolls.

(I know they still sell fruit pies at McDonald's but they changed the format in the 1990s to be more like turnovers.)

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
Have y'all ever had mango pie?
I could see an empanada or turnover. Mango isn't my jam though. I remember reading a recipe for grape pie way back but I've never tried it. Wonder what it tastes like.

Edit: also is there really a distinction between cobbler and pie? I couldn't find a round tin while making peach pie one time so used a rectangle pan and my friends insisted it was cobbler now.

HIVidaBoheme

Hnnnng am vibing uwu
kiwifarms.net
I could see an empanada or turnover. Mango isn't my jam though. I remember reading a recipe for grape pie way back but I've never tried it. Wonder what it tastes like.

Edit: also is there really a distinction between cobbler and pie? I couldn't find a round tin while making peach pie one time so used a rectangle pan and my friends insisted it was cobbler now.
The distinction is the crust. Pie has a bottom crust, cobbler doesn't and the top crust isn't a traditional pie crust but a biscuit one.

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
main-qimg-1a64d4f914838597f666568740d9a243.jpg
I guess I've just been served dishes called cobbler with regular pie crust that I never really saw the "cobblestone" connection. I also prefer pies with crumble or crisp on top.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I miss when Marie Calanders was a chain in my area. They had pretty good prime rib for a chain.
I recall their tv dinners are usually pretty okay

All is Finite

kiwifarms.net
I've never eaten pumpkin pie but one thing I do know is that I'd never buy a premade one for my spouse's birthday.

Dysnomia

Anime Avatar
kiwifarms.net
We get pies from the store on holidays. They're fine really. No need to be fussy with food. Since I rarely had a working oven growing up we didn't buy the frozen pies. On the ocassion that someone gave us one when we could actually bake it, I remember it not turning out well.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"The store" can mean a lot of different things, too. Like the fresh pies from Costco and Publix are pretty decent.