Careercow Mark Waid / William Mark Waid - Comics legend turned laughingstock, SJW lunatic, Dislikes Asians, Sued for Tortious Interference, King Baby, “The Strong Protect The Weak”

Meyer V Waid - WHO WILL WIN?

• King Baby Waid

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Cough Commander Meyer

Votes: 205 91.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mask_de_SMITH

Yeah. I'll just set them on fire. Piece of cake.
kiwifarms.net
Dear lord that’s just awful. It’s all so cringy and why is he out of breath when presenting OMNI? It’s the 3rd or so comic he’s presenting and he’s already winded.
Jesus Christ, it's like Waid doesn't want to be successful. A bunch of woke comics made by Mags Vissagio, Kwanza Powrerword, and Waid? I'm pretty sure both Mags and Kwanza can't seel more than 3,000 books between them. Their books are doomed to fail from the start.

Sho'nuff

Choppin' your pizzeria.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine trying to get into comics... It's a small community, where people will eventually run into each other.
And then there is this guy, who torpedoes his own comics because of imaginary politics. How he still gets work telling people not to buy his comics... with the numbers comics put up? Local newspapers wipe their ass with comic sales numbers, and here is this guy, alienating whole communities. It blows my mind...

But the sad thing is I don't think yaboizach is going to win the lolsuit. It's hard work winning defamation lolsuits, and if this was a slam dunk the case would be over already.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Koby_Fish

Wilhelm Bittrich

Captain Fatfuck - Leader of men
kiwifarms.net
Imagine trying to get into comics... It's a small community, where people will eventually run into each other.
And then there is this guy, who torpedoes his own comics because of imaginary politics. How he still gets work telling people not to buy his comics... with the numbers comics put up? Local newspapers wipe their ass with comic sales numbers, and here is this guy, alienating whole communities. It blows my mind...
The comics industry is like Hollywood, you always fail upwards.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
I discovered this fascinating account in the comments of ya boi's Waid Video from yesterday. It's another first person account of classic Waid sperg'out from a user by the name of "Earth Star"

Back in the day when conventions had paid booth girls, before it became feminism to NOT pay women for certain jobs I had the honor of witnessing a Wade melt down. It was from a distance and I have no details on the cause or the victim of his outburst, but they were so prepared they basically had security ready to usher people away and they rerouted people around the scene. From my vantage point on a platform I could see the whole thing. The people who "obscured" the incident looked well rehearsed and he actually looked like man baby on the floor. His actual movements were very very infantile. Such mannerisms with kicking and arm pounding that most children outgrow by 3 or 4.

It is BY FAR the weirdest thing I have ever seen at a con and I was working as a booth girl before the boom of con popularity when it was still a more nerd niche thing for people to attend. It was more disturbing than the adult man sucking on his wifes boobs like the world was ending because the baby was at the sitter and she forgot her pump.
Show less

earth star
22 hours ago
@Nowhereman10 i was a winged demon in a Cage promoting a Constantine thing, one of the series not the movie. That would have been in the early 2000's. It was the San Diego con, I remember that part for sure because my now husband, at the time 'haha I'm not dating a Marine' friend hung out with me after and I only saw him in San Diego. I didn't realize it was Mark Waid at the time it actually happened. I just assumed it was a person with a condition or a handicap of some sort. I found out it was Mark Waid the next day from the security guys while they were hoisting me and my wings back in my cage.
I have no idea how to archive a full Youtube page with comments intact and expanded. earth Star's comments are under the Jim Turner entry about his well known office shit fit.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Local newspapers wipe their ass with comic sales numbers,
Haha, the US syndicates that handle comics like Doonesbury and Garfield and Zits & what-not are almost as crazy. It's an older crazy that Bill Watterson(of Calvin & Hobbes) shined a light on, and has a dirty, scummy side just like the current ComicsGate fiasco. Not sure it's interesting or active enough for a KF thread but some people might like it.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
But the sad thing is I don't think yaboizach is going to win the lolsuit. It's hard work winning defamation lolsuits, and if this was a slam dunk the case would be over already.
Defamation isn't even the main part of the suit. He's totally going to win the TI part. That part is in the bag unless it settles. Settling is really likely after the TCPA part.

Haha, the US syndicates that handle comics like Doonesbury and Garfield and Zits & what-not are almost as crazy. It's an older crazy that Bill Watterson(of Calvin & Hobbes) shined a light on, and has a dirty, scummy side just like the current ComicsGate fiasco. Not sure it's interesting or active enough for a KF thread but some people might like it.
Bill Watterson is a fucking saint and it is sad he never sued these fuckers, because he's just not that kind of a guy.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It's not hard work when there's so much evidence. Don't think the Vic case doesn't affect it, either. You don't know if Zack's lawyer is using Vic's lawyers as canaries in the proverbial coal mine. Test the waters, ride their momentum, who knows?
This is also much bigger than just two people slapfighting. There are huge corporations on the periphery of it all.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can anyone just come out and say what actually happened without some endless video I'm not going to watch?
Some fat dude (a retailer) at a Comics retailer event got into a spat with Waid, supposedly Waid told him he didn't want his business and threw one of his FCBD copies at him. Moments before this, he audibly called fat dude "one of thoss garbage humans".

Sho'nuff

Choppin' your pizzeria.
kiwifarms.net
It's not hard work when there's so much evidence. Don't think the Vic case doesn't affect it, either. You don't know if Zack's lawyer is using Vic's lawyers as canaries in the proverbial coal mine. Test the waters, ride their momentum, who knows?
This is also much bigger than just two people slapfighting. There are huge corporations on the periphery of it all.
Defamation isn't even the main part of the suit. He's totally going to win the TI part. That part is in the bag unless it settles. Settling is really likely after the TCPA part.
I'm actually skeptical of the Tortuous Interference bit as well. If the only situation that I'm aware of (with Arctic press) is the entirety of that part of the case, there may not be a lot there, because they came out and said Waid had nothing to do with them breaking from the deal. If their reasoning is along the lines of not wanting to get between these 2 guys having a spat, that isn't going to satisfy TI.

A lot of this is he said she said unless there is hard evidence hiding in the wings somewhere, it's difficult to know how this is going to land. Even if everything that had been said is true, America offers great protections for being assholes to each other. Waid has only succeeded in essentially giving Yaboi free advertisement.

If there were some smoking gun evidence here, Waids lawyers would have settled and saved the tens of thousands this will cost moving forward and the inevitable owing of court costs and lawyers fees for Yaboi.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually skeptical of the Tortuous Interference bit as well. If the only situation that I'm aware of (with Arctic press) is the entirety of that part of the case, there may not be a lot there, because they came out and said Waid had nothing to do with them breaking from the deal. If their reasoning is along the lines of not wanting to get between these 2 guys having a spat, that isn't going to satisfy TI.
Knox v Taylor. Knox sent the company that Taylor had a contract with info that he was dealing with several lawsuits. That company dropped Taylor and Taylor sued Knox. The company claimed that info they received was "icing on the cake" and they were already going to sever the contract. The courts ruled in Taylor's favor because despite the statement it sure looked Knox had a hand in the decision. That case is honestly stupidly similar to this one.

There's also that private email Joe wrote where he specifically said he feels like they're being bullied into dropping the book

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, Rekieta Law already explained why the "They said it wasn't what made them do it" defense isn't going to fly. Under Texas law, the actionable tortious interference can occur at any point before the contract is actually severed, it doesn't matter if Waid had burst into the room while Dunn was dialing the phone to call Meyer and end it and shouted "He's a Nazi, drop him!", it still counts. Attempting to inflict tortious interference is enough, they don't actually have to prove that it was his influence alone that caused it.

And Waid's lawyers aren't settling because we've established that both Waid and Zaid are crusaders high on their own egos, this is not about a calm, reasoned legal defense, this is Waid trying to be Superman and Zaid trying to be his Zor-El or some shit. @Sho'nuff I suggest actually reading through the thread, most of what you've said has already been addressed. Especially hit up the Rekieta Law videos and you'll find they've already explained why Waid is screwed, and why Zaid has started trying to get the suit shifted outside of Texas instead of just calmly dealing with it as he would if Meyer's case was as weak as you think it is.

Cedric_Eff

No secret, it's the meat. Don't skimp on the meat.
kiwifarms.net
I’m glad Frank Miller didn’t go down the road Mark Waid gone down. I mean imagine Miller acting like this.

• Horrifying

Jigglyjogglers

The Doctor Bashir guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m glad Frank Miller didn’t go down the road Mark Waid gone down. I mean imagine Miller acting like this.
Watching Waid's behavior has certainly given me an appreciation for comic creators who manage to keep their psychoses limited to the pages they write rather than ejaculating them all over the real world, yes.

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it me or is Waid looking really old recently? Either the lawsuit is really ageing him, or the pictures from early on in the case were a few years out of date ...
P
AFAICT at least 90s or early 2000s

2011:

2019:

I'd say he looks way better now than he did during the first pic, but that's just me.

Also Waid in video:

Found an interesting story while looking up the dates of the pics.
Rob Granito has his comic con privileges revoked
This past weekend at MegaCon, comic book writer Mark Waid and comic book artist Ethan Van Sciver harassed pretend comic book artist Rob Granito. They took exception to a comment he made about comic book writer Dwayne McDuffie, who died late last month. Granito posted a statement on Facebook claiming that he had worked with McDuffie and he implied that the two men were friends.

Granito never worked with McDuffie, nor were they ever friends. He made it up to help give himself credibility as a professional comic book artist.

Granito makes money by claiming to be a professional comic book artist and then charging people money for original comic book themed art. Granito creates the art by tracing the work of others. He’s been doing this for years. If you’ve been to a comic book convention in the past several years, you’ve probably seen Granito sitting at a booth, peddling his awful looking fakes.

Mark Waid posted about the encounter on Facebook:

Rob Granito, you’ve been served
So there you have it. Rob Granito has officially had his funny book convention privileges revoked. When someone as prominent as Sheriff of All Comicons Mark Waid tells you it’s your last comic book convention, it’s your last comic book convention.

Wizard World has already announced that Rob Granito is now banned from their shows. You can expect all the rest to follow suit.

Do not be a douchebag
Let this be a lesson to douchebags everywhere. While it’s acceptable to go to a comic book convention and pretend to be Spider-Man or Darth Vader, it’s not acceptable to pretend you’re real-life comic book artist. Mark Waid and Ethan Van Sciver won’t yell at you if you pretend to be a Klingon, but they will yell at you if you pretend to be a comic book artist.

I think it’s funny that when Mark Waid wanted to confront Rob Granito, he grabbed Ethan Van Sciver first. Mark Waid may be loud, but he’s not very physically intimidating. Rob Granito could probably easily kick Mark Waid’s ass. The same cannot be said about Ethan Van Sciver. How does Waid reward Sciver for his help? By referring to him later on Facebook as a Nazi.

That’s classic Mark Waid.
Hoping @FROG can provide more details of this incident.

Last edited:

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net

A lot of this is he said she said unless there is hard evidence hiding in the wings somewhere, it's difficult to know how this is going to land. Even if everything that had been said is true, America offers great protections for being assholes to each other. Waid has only succeeded in essentially giving Yaboi free advertisement.

If there were some smoking gun evidence here, Waids lawyers would have settled and saved the tens of thousands this will cost moving forward and the inevitable owing of court costs and lawyers fees for Yaboi.
Yeah, funny thing about how Tortious Interference with Contract works. The Court pretty much all but completely dismisses any such statements from the breaching party as understandably non credible. That statement from Antarctic Press literally carries NO weight at trial. Did the Defendant perform an action or direct and deliberate communications to improperly or in an attempt to unlawfully cause one party to breach the contract to the detriment of the other party? Yes! Waid pretty much livestreamed it on his social media. Was the contract subsequently broken by the contacted party? Yes! And the breach was directly proximate to the unlawful interference. Done and Done!

You may also go back aways in this thread and find all the info that came out about the depositions that have already been taken. That statement from AP came from the current Publisher, Joe Dunn. Pay attention to the statements regarding that from the AP founder, his brother Ben Dunn, who directly counters that claim, and provides a detailed timeline of Waid's TI.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino