Careercow Mark Waid / William Mark Waid - Comics legend turned laughingstock, SJW lunatic, Dislikes Asians, Sued for Tortious Interference, King Baby, “The Strong Protect The Weak”

Meyer V Waid - WHO WILL WIN?

• King Baby Waid

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Cough Commander Meyer

Votes: 205 91.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rebis

kiwifarms.net
Sales are depressed because it's trash not because their troon SJW morons occasionally say something coherent in written form.

So they suddenly realize their "REEEEE REEEEEE comics fans are all NAZIS NAZIS NAZIS" shit is depressing sales and then try to reverse course in the most ham-handed incompetent way possible by censoring practically moderate statements by people like Waid and Art Spiegelman of all possible choices of people to censor?
They probably paid Mark to write a nice flowery piece about what he loves about America, and Waid came back with REEEE IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO SUCEED IN AMERICA WHILE BLACK, THE AMERICAN DREAM IS A LIE. Like of course they don’t want to print that shit. I don’t think that’s censorship at all. It probably had nothing to do with the product they payed him to produce.

I think the big difference is that Spiegelman and Waid said these things in places that people will actually see. I’m not convinced anybody above the editors actually checks on something like Champions or Ms. Marvel, so you can say whatever you want in those books. But this is an actual best-foot-forward event comic and they probably don’t want Trump sperging in there because it’s obnoxious and will age like sour tard cum.

Water-T

Giving Zinnia Jones' mom that good clown dick
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But this is an actual best-foot-forward event comic and they probably don’t want Trump sperging in there because it’s obnoxious and will age like sour tard cum.
Remember how goofy it was when Nixon was revealed to be the head of a secret terrorist cabal or when Reagan turned into a lizard monster in Cap's book?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
Follow up on King Baby vs JSG

I think it's legimately sad that a decent writer like Waid gets fewer eyeballs on his book that some videos trashing it. If he wasn't damaging his own brand by working with trash like Kwanza, he'd still be up there.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
I think it's legimately sad that a decent writer like Waid gets fewer eyeballs on his book that some videos trashing it. If he wasn't damaging his own brand by working with trash like Kwanza, he'd still be up there.
I think none of the writing on HUMANITY FIRST is any good. Nor are the ideas they are starting from

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Maybe he should put more of his energy into being a good writer than into being the most colossal douchebag walking the face of the planet.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
So was Harlan Ellison but he never let it get in the way of selling books.
But strangely while Harlan was the eternally pissed off asshole, aimed at everybody, He never broadly went after the fans, readers or consumers. He might go after an individual who was being an asshole themselves, or make individual con twits lives miserable. But he never lashed out at his consumers as a whole. He called out stupidity wherever he found it, no exceptions, he cared not one whit about privilege or oppresion points. Anybody and everybody would feel the lash or his tongue. But it would Never be because of their sex or the color of their skin. It would be because he thought you were a moron. He may have been an asshole without measure. But he was rarely wrong.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
But strangely while Harlan was the eternally pissed off asshole, aimed at everybody, He never broadly went after the fans, readers or consumers. He might go after an individual who was being an asshole themselves, or make individual con twits lives miserable. But he never lashed out at his consumers as a whole. He called out stupidity wherever he found it, no exceptions, he cared not one whit about privilege or oppresion points. Anybody and everybody would feel the lash or his tongue. But it would Never be because of their sex or the color of their skin. It would be because he thought you were a moron. He may have been an asshole without measure. But he was rarely wrong.
You could also get him to completely flip his shit by asking him about the jellybeans.

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
kiwifarms.net
He once wrote an essay on the genuine crazies in the fandom called "Xenogenesis," and for the most part the behavior he chronicled in that article annihilates the bullshit people like Waid or Rian Johnson whine about nowadays. He was willing to point out that, yeah, fandom attracts some strange people, but the overwhelming majority were kind, decent, generous people. Oh, poor Rian, you don't like what people said about your shitty movie? Oh, Mr. Waid, you don't like that some guy is making cheap videos critiquing the sorry state of your industry? Come back to me after someone throws a cup of vomit in your face at a con.

You could also get him to completely flip his shit by asking him about the jellybeans.
Or if you asked him what happened when Jeffty went to get his bath.

Doctor Placebo

kiwifarms.net
Harlan Ellison may have been a grumpy old man since he learned how to talk, but he had that most vital trait for being in the public eye: self awareness.

One of the last public things he did before he died was voicing himself in an episode of Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc where he's a cranky pedantic dick who has a rivalry with a HP Lovecraft stand-in he calls a hack and rants about Shaggy not using proper English. Clearly the man was willing to poke fun at himself.

Mark Waid meanwhile tries to destroy your career if you so much as work with someone who made fun of him or his friends.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Remember how goofy it was when Nixon was revealed to be the head of a secret terrorist cabal or when Reagan turned into a lizard monster in Cap's book?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
So they've been doing this shit for decades and Trump isn't a special case?

That feeds into my theory that it isn't the political shit that's cratered sales but the SJW nonsense and Tumbler art.

LoverofPi

Mmmmm, delicious pi.
kiwifarms.net
So they've been doing this shit for decades and Trump isn't a special case?

That feeds into my theory that it isn't the political shit that's cratered sales but the SJW nonsense and Tumbler art.
Im pretty sure the nixon thing wasnt planned, but a last minute change after wagergate broke, and even then it was only implied to be nixon. He was never shown or named in that arc.

Parthenos

Celibate for the hell of it.
kiwifarms.net
People who make a career doing this type of writing are not selected for their talent, they tend to be selected for their work ethic.
I had a teacher in uni specifically a comics teacher say this about jobs: "You need 2 out of 3 legs of a stool to stay stable: the three legs are 1) quick work, 2) quality work, 3) don't be an asshole. The third one is the easiest to do, and you just need one more leg after that."

We're just seeing Waid at the tipping point, god damn. The lolsuit news blindsided me hard, and it was entertaining seeing the shit fly in the thread. I used to watch Diversity and Comics for a bit, but it kind of got repetitive for me so I fell off watching. I'll gladly keep up with this thread though - even though I'm not the biggest capeshit fan, industry drama is always interesting for me.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino