Careercow Martin Shkreli - Former Pharma Exec, Criminal, Impotent Rageaholic

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Bubblegum Bitch

Your local bubblegum bitch
kiwifarms.net
Well, he's not that bad looking once you get past the douchebag radiating from every pore.

I mean beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Martin's case is super weird because in some photos, he doesn't really look all that bad like in this picture here:
martin-shkreli-turing-pharmaceuticals-arrest.jpg

Unfortunately, that man doesn't know how to dress when left to his own devices so not sure. I don't know what it says about the women who find him attractive but I'm turned off by men who have an n count that is clearly in the triple digits, aren't hygienic (according to court documents, specifically on page 28 where he had to be constantly told to shower due to his depression) and are absolute jerks. I can see the weird appeal if the women are into "vampire-like" types tbh. Just doesn't do it for me.

Comparing his face with each woman it's like night and day:

Could his smile be any more forced and insincere? It almost looks like a guy posing with his mother, but there would probably be a lot more warmth in his expression if it was.

💀
Christie Smythe on suicide watch lol

Thank you for making the observations. I actually hadn't noticed that. Lmfao. If Christie is not on suicide watch, she definitely should be. I've openly stated to friends, who are weirdly fans of his, that any woman who ends up dating or marrying the guy is an absolute idiot. I do recall his ex, Katie Friedman, who was the sex blogger that was mentioned on this thread before that he has a tendency to play mind games with his girlfriends. In her post, she states 'that it soon became obvious that Martin was a pathological liar, would pretend to cheat on me and brag about it to raise his value in my eyes, so I’d always feel like I was hanging on by a thread, could be replaced, would vie for his approval and forgiveness.' Katie still isn't that "strong of a person" because she still had lots of break up/make up sex with Martin but at least she is a reliable source as to how early his obvious sociopathic tendencies came about.

I'd like to point out the specific line in the Elle article that, in fact, shows that this man has not changed at all since then!

Through the summer, Shkreli kept up his game of cat and mouse, offering Smythe tantalizing hints about evidence, then ghosting her for weeks over some perceived offense.

Then there's also Lauren Hayden's statements about him, in which the more controversial ones (one being that the girls he cheated on her with were 17), are deleted but some can be found here. I'm gonna just shorten and simply adjust the statements for easy reading so you won't have an eyesore but they come directly from her:
  • She describes him that 'he was my best friend when he wanted to be and my worst nightmare many times'.
  • He once proposed to her during a live stream at a tiffany's ring in hand. She said yes. He said just kidding. He clearly is still doing this cat-and-mouse thing with every single woman.
  • When she moved in with him, she thought she was going to marry him. The day her plane landed he was cheating on her so he couldn't pick her up.
  • The girls he cheated on her with, stalked her and threatened her and her family with violence unless she spoke with them. She would meet up with them while they texted Martin saying she was desperate and sad. He continued to text them in front of her saying things like "don't worry me and her won't last long". Then he kicked her out one day.
  • Martin also confessed to her that he cheated on her because she was nice enough to show to journalists but preferred 'freaks in the sheets.'
  • It is now deleted but I recall correctly that she stated they hardly ever had sex and that the one time she wanted to, he had just finished jerking off and couldn't be bothered; she cried about it in front of him and, in his pathetic attempt, just hugged her to try to comfort her.
  • Bonus round: She was (possibly) the ex who ratted him out to the feds that he had snuck in a cellphone when she told an admin from the subreddit about it. Even if she was nuts, she still had some credibility. I recall her spilling this detail and not too long after, there was an article already dropping about a phone being snuck into prison. The statement from her can be found below:
IgVqWv3.jpg

There is also badlilbella on Reddit, despite her shaky source of claiming to be his ex as well, also provided sufficient proof that she is now (in my opinion) considered credible as well with just one statement. She was the first one who stated that Christie was actually trying to get with Martin (the comment thread continues here), but no one believed her on the subreddit at the time because they thought Christie was still married in 2018 (which we now know she wasn't). I'd also like to add badlilbella states she was only 17 when she started dating Martin and if her story is legitimate, this means that there is a pattern with him dating younger women in some type of weird power play going on. It's quite scary how the more that gets uncovered about Martin and you start seeing a pattern, it feels like we really are only hitting the tip of the iceberg.

Either way, this guy is definitely not someone to be attracted to and needs a warning sign on him. He definitely displays certain patterns that are persistent. The money is not worth the shit you have to jump through. By contrast, there's some women who speak fondly of him like the VICE chick, named Helen, who was seen sitting on his lap in a (now deleted) livestream. (And according to him, he cheated on her with her friend and only dated her - since she was the social media coordinator for VICE at the time - to get the video of him released.) There is also a woman named Rachel M Louns who tweeted about dating him as well and had nothing bad to say about him.

I honestly don't know what kind of judgment to make about him but it's still not favorable tbh. This screams Jekyll and Hyde vibes when it comes to Martin and his personal life. Either that or he's such a calculating individual when it comes to these women. No wonder his lawyer 'never completely understood Martin’s relationship to and with women'.

Last edited:

Calculus

kiwifarms.net
He reads like a textbook narcissist to me. Bragging about how smart he is, not caring about his actions, lying, weird sex taste, not showering because of self hatred, etc. He'll pick people up when they are useful or entertaining and discard them when they are not. I bet anything that when he needs it, he will call Christie up again. The reason Helen (the Vice woman) was likely treated well was because he needed something from her and so she got lovebombed.

Last edited:

💗Freddie Freaker💗

* unintelligible exceptional individual noises *
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hope Christie feels stupid with her antics. There's a woman out here dragging Martin and Christie with her receipts. Clearly, Martin does not want anything to do with Christie and - I am certain - was pissed at her because he's gonna lose out in his groupies.

The woman in question's twitter.

Tweet #1

Tweet #2

Tweet #3

Email Martin sent her after NYP article about false engagement

Another email

Another email between her and Martin

Photo of her and Martin

Voicemail that Martin left her when she missed a call from prison

I sincerely hope karma hits Christie right across the face and that movie deal doesn't turn into anything. She got her just desserts and there is no mercy given from me. Also, someone said it best here in this tweet. I do apologize if I've somehow turned this thread into a guru gossip-like thread. I swear milk on Martin is super slow but my god does he surely attract other lolcows or reveal other people's true colors.

The second tweet was deleted. Always archive everything.

https://archive.md/2BYxb
https://archive.md/7s1z6
https://archive.md/sCYSk
https://archive.md/7aivK
https://archive.md/kUGt0
https://archive.md/fcRwW
https://archive.md/SHv9F
https://archive.md/J3uZL

Untitled.pngUntitled.pngUntitled.pngUntitled.png

Last edited:

Bubblegum Bitch

kiwifarms.net
God damn. Thank you so much for archiving this. Also, no worries, fam. I got you with the 2nd tweet. I had taken personal snapshots of them. My dumb computer illiterate ass just didn't know how to archive everything. She probably deleted it because it mentioned Ralph Lauren and maybe there was an NDA that she signed where she couldn't reveal/leak that info.

Periwinkleblack's Tweets About Martin #2.png

Last edited:

Bubblegum Bitch

kiwifarms.net
After casually going through the Martin Shkreli tag on twitter, I noticed something very peculiar - besides obviously Christie Smythe's still very much delusional tweeting habits. I came across an account that I didn't expect would be Martin's (possibly) personal account. I was only made aware of one which is this account (I had to censor who was following it because my dumb ass was still logged into my twitter - oops):

Martin's Main Twitter Account.png

I came across this other profile:

Martin's Other Twitter Account.png

Of course, I thought maybe someone was trolling or made a fake Martin Shkreli account but it turns out they really are tweets made out by him but posted by his other friends who help maintain it. Username checks out because his IG is martinshkreli15. (No idea why he's obsessed with the number 15 for his usernames.) In fact, I was shocked this account would have some sort of "response" as to how Martin really feels about the Elle article. Despite all of our (wonderful) theories that we've speculated which I heavily agree with Bunny Tracks' opinion on what may have actually happened, the tweets I found leave more questions than answers.

Martin's Tweet Defending Christie.png

Obviously, the only person who is liking his responses is the obvious...

Christie Liking Martin's Tweet.png

Christie, herself, has been tweeting some very peculiar tweets. She sure can't stop showcasing her narcissism and taking multiple stabs at Martin. (This was made literal days/a bit over a week before those tweets came out from Martin defending her.)

Christie's Messed Up Response to Tweet About Martin.png

There's more questionable tweets from her but, tbh, it would continue to derail the lolcow in question and we are all in agreement that she's delusional. This whole saga is honestly giving me quite a headache thanks to Martin's tweets and now I'm not even sure if this was a publicity stunt of sorts (maybe to help out with that movie/book idea) or wtf is actually going on here. Any ideas? I would not have expected Martin to be out here defending Christie after the Elle article made it blatantly obvious he was through with her.

Last edited:

ditto

kiwifarms.net
I was always confused about this guy. People on Facebook claim he was a good guy fighting "big pharma" and that him raising the prices of aids medication was a good thing. Where did this all come from?
He used to give out free doses to people that appealed to him personally. Requiring personal pleading seems like a douchebag move to me.

ColorfulCassowary

Jonkers
kiwifarms.net
He used to give out free doses to people that appealed to him personally. Requiring personal pleading seems like a douchebag move to me.
I guess that's why conspiracy theorists were big on him back in the day. He probably just brainwashed them into thinking it was "big pharma's" fault, and anybody in his cult would get free samples.

Ah well, half the people on the Facebook News page were batshit insane, so that doesn't surprise me.

Bubblegum Bitch

kiwifarms.net

I am super late but I remember reading that and just wondering, "How do you try to justify your immune system being weakened by mental illness?" I don't think Martin listens to himself when he has these delusions of grandeur, I swear. Also, pretty happy the judge called him out on his BS of not being able to communicate to his attorneys. Literally Martin is over here grasping straws to try to get out of his predicament. I'm sorry, sir. You play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. As for stupid prizes....

Christie got herself an interview with FOX News. Loving how there's a shit ton of downvotes on YouTube. Lmao.

Also, here's like a cringy tweet she had before that interview, hoping Trump would pardon Martin on his final day as president.

Cringey Tweet from Christie.png

Then there's this tweet that Martin and Christie both responded to immediately after that FOX News interview came out.

Christie and Martin Are Never Gonna Get Back Together.png

Addendum: She also did post his response to the Elle thing via the prison email system. It's clearly dated 12/28.

EsSvgZpXcAcfePD.jpg

Then someone called her out for breaking character as well too. Well, it was a deleted tweet that I wasn't able to archive.

Is Christie Breaking Character.png

I don't even know what to think anymore. Lmfao. Both of them won stupid prizes though. That's all I gotta say about that.

Last edited:

cybertoaster

Chairman of the mammary regulation committee
kiwifarms.net
Even if he gets out of jail how much money he has left? did the feds return any of it?

Iron Hamster

Days Twitch has waited for DSP apology: 150
kiwifarms.net
Not sure what was fighting big pharma/good about this after founding a pharmaceutical company:

It was 2015 when Martin Shkreli, then CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals and the notorious “pharma bro,” jacked up the cost of the lifesaving drug Daraprim by 5,000 percent. Overnight, its price tag skyrocketed from $13.50 a pill to $750.

Bubblegum Bitch

kiwifarms.net
Not sure what was fighting big pharma/good about this after founding a pharmaceutical company:

I'm pretty much gonna copy/paste an answer that was been (mostly) accepted by his "cult" (or fandom of sorts) on reddit just so people can get a good idea of what kinda stuff he spouts or why he even has supporters to begin with. I do apologize if this has been regurgitated somewhere earlier in the thread. Feel free to skip this portion:

His company bought a drug called daraprim. This is a 70-year old drug that only a few thousand people use in the US. He bought the rights for the drug for dirt cheap because no other drug company was willing to buy it because the drug is so incredibly unprofitable and not worth it to their shareholders. Martin bought the drug and raised the price to $750-ish.

It is important to note that they give away the drugs to anyone without insurance or that isn’t able to pay for it, completely free. Because of this, the weighted average price is $250 a pill.

The intent is the make a very small profit and put all the profits back in research and development for a better drug as daraprim is 70-years old and probably outdated. In the annual reports you can see that they spend like 60-80% on research and development (which is massively bigger compared to other drug companies).

For some reason all that is not mentioned in the media and he is known as “the guy that raised the price of a live-saving drug and is killing people because they can’t afford it”. Martin challenged people all over the US to find a single person that can’t afford daraprim and no one could find one because everyone gets it either from their insurance or directly for free.

The sad reality is that drug prices are raised on a daily basis by companies all across the US with the intent to just make more money, but when Martin did it to fund the research of newer and better drugs he gets labeled as the bad guy.

I encourage you to check out some of martins interviews and to fact check everything he says. You’ll find that he is not actually the bad guy.

The logic seems a little too good to be true, don't you think? I don't even work with health insurance but that sounds pretty far fetched even to me because at the end of the day, someone's gonna have to pay that bill and if it's not the insurance companies, I'm sure it's the taxpayers. Still, it's a sign that all of this 'fighting big pharma' thing was one of his delusions of grandeur happening. Also, there was that absolute train wreck of an AMA he did on reddit where he was constantly fighting medical professionals and couldn't be bothered to be productive with his answers. Hilariously enough, an actual doctor who works in India burned Martin in such a way, I would be shocked if anyone else still believed whatever kind of con Martin was spouting after that.

In sadly, his fandom's case, I guess there's always an idiot ready to blindly believe what he says is the truth. This is why I don't have any ounce of sympathy towards people like Christie Smythe who are so certain that Martin's work is gonna change the medical world out there and basically bring more good. Um... the messages Christie and him exchanged via email where it shows him not having any remorse for what landed him in prison in the first place is why he got more years, ya nut case. He should not be idolized for his stupidity in any shape, way or form.

Last edited:

Hybrid Icing

kiwifarms.net
The logic seems a little too good to be true, don't you think? I don't even work with health insurance but that sounds pretty far fetched even to me because at the end of the day, someone's gonna have to pay that bill and if it's not the insurance companies, I'm sure it's the taxpayers.
You're right. The play is to maximize profit via price discrimination. If a patient is uninsured, they get the product for a reasonable price (often via manufacturer's coupon or "savings card"). Otherwise you soak the payor for the maximum allowed by contract or law. The end result is net health care costs rise across society and a small subset of people get rich. Shkreli didn't invent this strategy (Valeant was at one point a $80 billion company using it) but he was too dumb to stay quiet.

The R&D thing that the simps point to is, so far as I know, unverifiable. Turing was a private company and didn't have to file its financials publicly.