Your local bubblegum bitch
Well, he's not that bad looking once you get past the douchebag radiating from every pore.
I mean beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Martin's case is super weird because in some photos, he doesn't really look all that bad like in this picture here:
Unfortunately, that man doesn't know how to dress when left to his own devices so not sure. I don't know what it says about the women who find him attractive but I'm turned off by men who have an n count that is clearly in the triple digits, aren't hygienic (according to court documents, specifically on page 28 where he had to be constantly told to shower due to his depression) and are absolute jerks. I can see the weird appeal if the women are into "vampire-like" types tbh. Just doesn't do it for me.
Comparing his face with each woman it's like night and day:
Could his smile be any more forced and insincere? It almost looks like a guy posing with his mother, but there would probably be a lot more warmth in his expression if it was.
Christie Smythe on suicide watch lol
Thank you for making the observations. I actually hadn't noticed that. Lmfao. If Christie is not on suicide watch, she definitely should be. I've openly stated to friends, who are weirdly fans of his, that any woman who ends up dating or marrying the guy is an absolute idiot. I do recall his ex, Katie Friedman, who was the sex blogger that was mentioned on this thread before that he has a tendency to play mind games with his girlfriends. In her post, she states 'that it soon became obvious that Martin was a pathological liar, would pretend to cheat on me and brag about it to raise his value in my eyes, so I’d always feel like I was hanging on by a thread, could be replaced, would vie for his approval and forgiveness.' Katie still isn't that "strong of a person" because she still had lots of break up/make up sex with Martin but at least she is a reliable source as to how early his obvious sociopathic tendencies came about.
I'd like to point out the specific line in the Elle article that, in fact, shows that this man has not changed at all since then!
Through the summer, Shkreli kept up his game of cat and mouse, offering Smythe tantalizing hints about evidence, then ghosting her for weeks over some perceived offense.
Then there's also Lauren Hayden's statements about him, in which the more controversial ones (one being that the girls he cheated on her with were 17), are deleted but some can be found here. I'm gonna just shorten and simply adjust the statements for easy reading so you won't have an eyesore but they come directly from her:
- She describes him that 'he was my best friend when he wanted to be and my worst nightmare many times'.
- He once proposed to her during a live stream at a tiffany's ring in hand. She said yes. He said just kidding. He clearly is still doing this cat-and-mouse thing with every single woman.
- When she moved in with him, she thought she was going to marry him. The day her plane landed he was cheating on her so he couldn't pick her up.
- The girls he cheated on her with, stalked her and threatened her and her family with violence unless she spoke with them. She would meet up with them while they texted Martin saying she was desperate and sad. He continued to text them in front of her saying things like "don't worry me and her won't last long". Then he kicked her out one day.
- Martin also confessed to her that he cheated on her because she was nice enough to show to journalists but preferred 'freaks in the sheets.'
- It is now deleted but I recall correctly that she stated they hardly ever had sex and that the one time she wanted to, he had just finished jerking off and couldn't be bothered; she cried about it in front of him and, in his pathetic attempt, just hugged her to try to comfort her.
- Bonus round: She was (possibly) the ex who ratted him out to the feds that he had snuck in a cellphone when she told an admin from the subreddit about it. Even if she was nuts, she still had some credibility. I recall her spilling this detail and not too long after, there was an article already dropping about a phone being snuck into prison. The statement from her can be found below:
There is also badlilbella on Reddit, despite her shaky source of claiming to be his ex as well, also provided sufficient proof that she is now (in my opinion) considered credible as well with just one statement. She was the first one who stated that Christie was actually trying to get with Martin (the comment thread continues here), but no one believed her on the subreddit at the time because they thought Christie was still married in 2018 (which we now know she wasn't). I'd also like to add badlilbella states she was only 17 when she started dating Martin and if her story is legitimate, this means that there is a pattern with him dating younger women in some type of weird power play going on. It's quite scary how the more that gets uncovered about Martin and you start seeing a pattern, it feels like we really are only hitting the tip of the iceberg.
Either way, this guy is definitely not someone to be attracted to and needs a warning sign on him. He definitely displays certain patterns that are persistent. The money is not worth the shit you have to jump through. By contrast, there's some women who speak fondly of him like the VICE chick, named Helen, who was seen sitting on his lap in a (now deleted) livestream. (And according to him, he cheated on her with her friend and only dated her - since she was the social media coordinator for VICE at the time - to get the video of him released.) There is also a woman named Rachel M Louns who tweeted about dating him as well and had nothing bad to say about him.
I honestly don't know what kind of judgment to make about him but it's still not favorable tbh. This screams Jekyll and Hyde vibes when it comes to Martin and his personal life. Either that or he's such a calculating individual when it comes to these women. No wonder his lawyer 'never completely understood Martin’s relationship to and with women'.