Marvel Cinematic Universe -

Chandler Cats

Pufferton owes me four years alimony!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We went back again tonight and ran into most of the crew and press guys we saw it with on Monday. Press screenings are always about "act normal, a little bored, and great if you liked it". The true fanboys among us then turn right around and run right back on opening night so that we do all the screaming, cheering and geeking the fuck out that we didn't do on Monday. My partner and I are so much like Stark and Rogers IRL it's actually a joke with our friends. (total Boy Scout vs loud mouth trust fund brat with a bad heart and anger issues). I'm not even sure we're speaking to each other right now.

• Feels
Reactions: Lackadaisy

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
I always thought Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 were the worst films in the series, still enjoyable but not really memorable or great.
I really like Chris Hemsworth as Thor, but yeah, Thor's solo movies have been lackluster compared pretty much everything else in the mcu. I hope Ragnarok breaks that trend and Thor goes out with a bang.

TheMightyMonarch

Yee
kiwifarms.net
Can't say I'm a huge Marvel fan (I've always been more of a Batman sperg) but I like the MCU. Do I think they're masterpieces? Not really but they're entertaining and hold my interest. Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite. I haven't seen all of them though. The only one I didn't like was the first Avengers because I thought the pacing was fucked up and Loki was an annoying villain. I wanna see the 2nd Avengers but my friend (who really liked the first) said it sucked, which makes em weary.

I saw Civil War last night and I liked it for the most part, except it felt a bit too cramped in parts. And
The other Winter Soldiers plotline didn't really go anywhere
But other than that, it was a good movie.

I've haven't seen much of their TV shows either from Jessica Jones and the most of the first episode of Daredevil but I've been meaning too. Come to think of it, when are those two gonna show up in the films? If they ever are.

• Agree
Reactions: Keerakh

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
I've haven't seen much of their TV shows either from Jessica Jones and the most of the first episode of Daredevil but I've been meaning too. Come to think of it, when are those two gonna show up in the films? If they ever are.
I know that Charlie Cox has said that he's contractually obligated to appear in a film if Marvel asks, but I think they're mostly focused on setting up The Defenders first. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the next two Avengers movies, though.

• Informative
Reactions: TheMightyMonarch

Chandler Cats

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been reading Avengers longer than before most of you were wee Kiwis, it is my favorite team book of all time. I am also a huge X-Men sperg, but I will always think of Beast as an Avenger before he is an X-Man because it's where I was introduced to him. I just like how they are this weird dysfunctional family and that book was just a giant superhero soap opera. Wanda cheating on Vision with the dude whose Vision's brain was patterned on, all this other crazy ass shit. Tony's alcoholism. Cap. Boy Scout. Cover of a Godzilla comic where the Avengers are in the foreground like "OH, FUCK THAT SHIT TOTALLY!" And Vison's going, "let's Get the fuck out of here, Yellow Jacket and Wasp have this." Go Vision! And now I hear this in Paul Bettany's voice and I nearly fall the fuck over! These guys have been my friends for a very long time. Yeah there have been some clunkers in the MCU (one of which was written by a good friend of mine so I just never mention it around him. I know other people who loved it). All of us to our own. I'm so glad someone started this thread. I'm sad when I get bashed here for being a Marvel sperg and Bronze Age Marvel is my favorite era. And look, I'm sorry, but Kiwi Mom has a great big crush on Phil Coulson and that's just the way it is.

• Feels
Reactions: SlanderousMockery

scorptatious

It only gets worse from here on in...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I saw Civil War:

This is probably my favorite Avengers movie so far. Only topped by Guardians of the Galaxy. The chemistry between the characters is still quite good, and the action is still great. The big brawl at the air port in of itself is worth the price of admission I feel.

And I was pleasantly surprised at how they handled Black Panther and Spiderman 3.0. I know next to nothing about Black Panther, so I was kinda intrigued to find that he was a Prince and played a surprisingly big role in the film. I don't know what he was like in the comics, but I like what I've seen of him so far.

Spiderman himself seemed noticeably younger than previous versions of him, like he looked like he just got into High School rather then being on his way out. Which I felt was kinda strange at first, but I got used to it quickly.

He retains his talkative and wise cracking personality, but he comes across as kind of "the kid" in the group, and his interactions with everyone clearly shows. How he treats Iron Man with respect, how he goes "You have a metal arm?? COOL!" when fighting Bucky, and how he goes "Hey, have you guys ever seen "The Empire Strikes Back?" when trying to tie up Ant Man's legs while Iron Man expresses annoyance. It was oddly endearing. And kind of a refreshing take on the character.

It was quite good. Kinda made up for some of the slumps in the series up to now.

Chandler Cats

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know that Charlie Cox has said that he's contractually obligated to appear in a film if Marvel asks, but I think they're mostly focused on setting up The Defenders first. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the next two Avengers movies, though.
I get some MCU Intel from time to time, and pretty much the deal is this, if you're in a MCU-connected anything right now you may be hauled into another title at any time. The deal with the Marvel series television shows is that they're keeping them separated from the features because not every country is broadcasting them or has Netflix etc. The plots of the features may effect the plotlines of a current Marvel series but not really vice versa right now. I absolutely know that Clark Gregg was on set during a particular scene for "Civil War". I've seen photos of him with both Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie everyone in costume. An early "Civil War" teaser had Rogers saying, "Coulson's the director of SHIELD now" so THAT cat got let out of the bag and was supposed to be another reason why Cap is now so disillusioned with his nation. Chadwick Boseman signed a five picture deal with Marvel Entertainment. I think Infinity Wars is going to be a giant ass Marvel Universe free for all tag team match and I cannot WAIT for this. The day I see Tony Stark blasting back bourbons with Rocket, it will be the happiest day in my very long fanboy life.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Civil War spoilers
doesn't die in that crash you saw in the trailer, but is badly crippled.
Is directly responsible for sending Wanda (and Clint, Lang and Wilson) to a maximum security prison where she's straight jacketed. Doubt she'll want that synthetic red d now.
...never suits up. He's a Bond villain.
I'm gonna reply to your Rhodey comment, but it's spoilery
In the comics Warmachine actually get super fucked somehow and is basically a torso with cyborg parts. It's really fucking bad ass tho, cuz instead of legs or arms, he can summon different attachments, like rocket launchers for arms, or tank treads for legs. It's fucking bad ass as fuck. I was hoping that was the direction they'd go, but it seems like just really hurt.

Can't say I'm a huge Marvel fan (I've always been more of a Batman sperg) but I like the MCU. Do I think they're masterpieces? Not really but they're entertaining and hold my interest. Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite. I haven't seen all of them though. The only one I didn't like was the first Avengers because I thought the pacing was fucked up and Loki was an annoying villain. I wanna see the 2nd Avengers but my friend (who really liked the first) said it sucked, which makes em weary.

I saw Civil War last night and I liked it for the most part, except it felt a bit too cramped in parts. And
The other Winter Soldiers plotline didn't really go anywhere
But other than that, it was a good movie.

Yea, I had just finished the novel The Island of Dr. Moreau which has similar themes and was excited to see where that would go, but it was just a distraction

I get some MCU Intel from time to time, and pretty much the deal is this, if you're in a MCU-connected anything right now you may be hauled into another title at any time. The deal with the Marvel series television shows is that they're keeping them separated from the features because not every country is broadcasting them or has Netflix etc. The plots of the features may effect the plotlines of a current Marvel series but not really vice versa right now. I absolutely know that Clark Gregg was on set during a particular scene for "Civil War". I've seen photos of him with both Chris Evans and Anthony Mackie everyone in costume. An early "Civil War" teaser had Rogers saying, "Coulson's the director of SHIELD now" so THAT cat got let out of the bag and was supposed to be another reason why Cap is now so disillusioned with his nation. Chadwick Boseman signed a five picture deal with Marvel Entertainment. I think Infinity Wars is going to be a giant ass Marvel Universe free for all tag team match and I cannot WAIT for this. The day I see Tony Stark blasting back bourbons with Rocket, it will be the happiest day in my very long fanboy life.
Dat Giant-Man scene was awesome as fuck.

Lipitor

huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw it in 2-D. Did anyone see it in 3-D? and what did they think?

For the most part I don't like 3-D movies. Like I saw BvS in 3-D and didn't think it was worth it. Although Ant-Man is a fucking awesome movie to see in 3-D, because all the jumping and size changing looks cool as shit. I might see X-men Apocalypse in 3-D, because the Nightcrawler "BAMF" and the Apocalypse size changing might be cool. Also the Cerebro scenes might look cool in 3-D.

• Agree
Reactions: Chandler Cats

Chandler Cats

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have seen it twice in 3-D. The Arclight Cinerama Dome in LA installed the new Christie 3-D system for "The Force Awakens". It is a 12 laser system that operates per each individual eye -- don't ask me how, smart people can explain it. All I know is that until last Decemeber I could not sit through a 3-D film because I have issues with focus and vertigo. Problem utterly solved. I saw a great, sharp picture, used not as a gimmick but literally to add depth to scenes. It is bright and clear and not a single shot is "muddy". You FELT like you were in Berlin, etc. nothing "flew" at you and never once did it bother me. And oh my god, did the trailer for "Rogue One" look badass in 3-D. I am a happy convert to this new system. But will always be a 2-D purist.

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, the 3D effect is more like "looking through a window 3D" instead of "shit flying at you from the screen 3D". I kinda regret paying extra because the action scenes could've used a more of the latter (Bucky fleeing from his apartment is the only one where you really feel the change in depth).
Dat Giant-Man scene was awesome as fuck.
I know, right? Ant Man was the one character that didn't really have any reason to be in this movie and yet he really stood out. Marvel's gotten pretty good at juggling so many characters without making them feel shoehorned into the story.

Uncanny Valley

participant in the Lolcow Holy Grail War
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I saw Civil War:

This is probably my favorite Avengers movie so far. Only topped by Guardians of the Galaxy. The chemistry between the characters is still quite good, and the action is still great. The big brawl at the air port in of itself is worth the price of admission I feel.

And I was pleasantly surprised at how they handled Black Panther and Spiderman 3.0. I know next to nothing about Black Panther, so I was kinda intrigued to find that he was a Prince and played a surprisingly big role in the film. I don't know what he was like in the comics, but I like what I've seen of him so far.

Spiderman himself seemed noticeably younger than previous versions of him, like he looked like he just got into High School rather then being on his way out. Which I felt was kinda strange at first, but I got used to it quickly.

He retains his talkative and wise cracking personality, but he comes across as kind of "the kid" in the group, and his interactions with everyone clearly shows. How he treats Iron Man with respect, how he goes "You have a metal arm?? COOL!" when fighting Bucky, and how he goes "Hey, have you guys ever seen "The Empire Strikes Back?" when trying to tie up Ant Man's legs while Iron Man expresses annoyance. It was oddly endearing. And kind of a refreshing take on the character.

It was quite good. Kinda made up for some of the slumps in the series up to now.
Yeah it was fun. Gonna catch up on the movies I haven't seen when I have time.

Somari1996

I have amazing taste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but I think this was the first time in the series (at least in the movies cause I haven't watched much of the tv shows) where the villian actually succeeds in his plans
Zemo's plan was never to conquer the world or anything, all he wanted to do was to tear the Avengers apart and nothing more, cause apparently his family died during the battle against Ultron in Sokovia so he wanted revenge against the team since they were partially responsible. Sure Zemo gets arrested at the end, but by then he already got what he wanted since Steve and his team are now pretty much wanted fugitives, and the Sokovia Accords are now pretty much guarantee to pass. Of course I'm sure his success won't last forever since the team will probably make up by Infinity Wars, but for now I think the true winner wasn't Steve or Tony, it was Zemo

SlanderousMockery

loud obnoxious creature
kiwifarms.net
To me, the weakest part about the MCU are the villains, most of them are forgettable one note bland antagonists, like that albino elf in Thor 2, evil fire guy in Iron Man 3, evil bald CEO #2 in Ant-Man.
That's why Zemo is my favorite MCU villain so far, his motives are explored in the film and he's almost a tragic villain due to him losing his family in Slovakia, he never physically fights the Avengers, rather just manipulate the Avengers into fighting each other.

Juscum

Unmistakable Serial Killer Vibe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a staunch Team Iron Man member, this movie made me sad. That could also be because I'm a big softie, but

the way they went into Stark's guilt for creating Ultron was a gut-punch. I went into the movie expecting it to pander to Cap fans and generally shitting all over half the cast, the fact that we got as much attention on Tony and Nat as we did on Sam, Bucky and Steve was a pleasant surprise.

I don't love this new Spider-Man. He's, what, 14? And why is Aunt May hot now? I'm forever going to be grumpy we have two Peter Parkers to keep track of, and not a single Miles Morales. I've been waiting for Donald Glover as Spider-Man since 2012. It's never going to happen.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino