Marvel Cinematic Universe -

Legatus Lanius

The Monster of the East
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a staunch Team Iron Man member, this movie made me sad. That could also be because I'm a big softie, but

the way they went into Stark's guilt for creating Ultron was a gut-punch. I went into the movie expecting it to pander to Cap fans and generally shitting all over half the cast, the fact that we got as much attention on Tony and Nat as we did on Sam, Bucky and Steve was a pleasant surprise.

I don't love this new Spider-Man. He's, what, 14? And why is Aunt May hot now? I'm forever going to be grumpy we have two Peter Parkers to keep track of, and not a single Miles Morales. I've been waiting for Donald Glover as Spider-Man since 2012. It's never going to happen.
Why would you not support Stark? Its the Lex Luthor dilema all over again from the good Superman comics and the BvS movie,
Also fuck Scarlet Witch
I do not believe in a million years Vision would lose to her, plus her 'helping' by pushing Crossbones near a building full of people is what broke the camel's back

Chandler Cats

Pufferton owes me four years alimony!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why would you not support Stark? Its the Lex Luthor dilema all over again from the good Superman comics and the BvS movie,
Also fuck Scarlet Witch
I do not believe in a million years Vision would lose to her, plus her 'helping' by pushing Crossbones near a building full of people is what broke the camel's back
This! Plus Wanda is an utter nut job, always has been. "No more mutants ..." Uhhhhhh, yyyyeeeaaahhh, thanks for THAT Wanda, check YOUR DNA lately?! I like blaming Wanda for lots of things. I pretty much just blame stuff on Wanda even when I get fucked at the drive-thru.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I just saw CA: CW, and I liked it, but dear god every single character had at least one idiot moment, or more. It was like they were running a relay race and kept passing the stupid stick off to each other. Stark seemed the most sensible, but he had some moments.

Chandler Cats

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is this amazing moment that is sort of getting lost in the third act when the "real" fight starts (the Bucky, Cap, Tony). Fight. For me it's about being a half-sibling spending your life being raised as an only child, but knowing you are constantly being told your are something less than your parent once achieved (and you can 'power level' the fuck out of me, I really don't care, I've had a lot to drink). It is when Tony says, "That's not yours, my father made that." And Steve takes that shield and slams it into Tony's arc reactor. And my partner (who is the world's biggest Boy Scout grabs me, spoiled, only child trust fund brat with heart problems and battling a substance abuse addiction every damn day of my life -- no lies, obviously I failed today) grabs my arm and goes, "Oh my God, he just used Howard's technology to break Tony's Heart". I missed the entire back half of this film because I became a sobbing mess. I never reconciled with my dad either, who also died very suddenly.

Sometimes the MCU can cut you to the bone.

Last edited:

UglyOldJafar

kiwifarms.net
I think Infinity Wars is going to be a giant ass Marvel Universe free for all tag team match and I cannot WAIT for this. The day I see Tony Stark blasting back bourbons with Rocket, it will be the happiest day in my very long fanboy life.
I just want to see Thanos do the same thing he did in Infinity Gauntlet: Snap his fingers and erase half of all life in the universe just cause he can do it.

Chandler Cats

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just want to see Thanos do the same thing he did in Infinity Gauntlet: Snap his fingers and erase half of all life in the universe just cause he can do it.
I can't wait to see Thanos stand up and get goin'. Soon, compadre, soon ...

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of upset that Agent Carter was canceled. Sure, season two wasn't anywhere near as good as the first season, but I feel that everything was going to come together in season three. *sigh*

Reactions: Chandler Cats

MasterDisaster

Hobo King of the Parsnip Pixies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Time for a nerdemic personal opinion fest from yours truly; I'm a massive sperg for comic books. Super serious. Half the time I go to the movies I get all exceptional individual giddy at hidden jokes and obscure name drops. Like in the first Spiderman when Osborn threw Stromm through the glass and killed him...Stromm is actually a big name in the comics. But anyway here's my thoughts for the current MCU series.

Iron Man: This started the series and quite frankly set the standard. it's one of my favorites and pretty much ensured Robert Downey Jr. was going to be reprising this role as tony Stark forever.

Incredible Hulk: A little slow in some parts but shoving the entire origin story in the opening credits was fantastic. We all know the Hulks story; we didn't need to waste forty minutes of the movie setting it up. Liv Tyler and Edward Norton were great but finding out they weren't going to be involved in further films suck. I really want to know what happened to Abomination; he's mentioned in Agents of Shield but far as we know he's one of the lucky villains that didn't get his ass murdered.

Iron Man 2: Meh. It's cool they brought in War Machine but the whole 'poison heart' thing didn't make a lick of sense and felt like it padded the story out way too long. Also bringing in Whiplash just to kill him is pointless. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Thor: Not bad, but kind of lackluster. Thor's a powerhouse and nigh indestructible. Fun fact, though; that town that 90% of the movie takes place in? It's not a real town. They built it for the movie.

Captain America: The First Avenger: I actually like this one. The amount of detail to make it fit into the timeline is awesome and the Red Skull wearing a mask the whole time just for that reveal was a great use of practical effects. Dead bad guy syndrome(?)

Avengers: Fucking loved it. Few movies get me to sit on the edge of my seat but this kept me entertained the whole time. The story pacing was great, everything blended well and for a team collab you can't do much better for a first outing.

Iron Man 3: Shit. This feels like it was just made to finish off a trilogy. Turning the Mandarin into a washed up druggie/actor was a shit move. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Thor: Dark World: Also meh. Thor is once again pretty much doing nothing and Natalie Portman is there to help him do it. This exists simple to shoehorn in another Infinity Gem so we can get shit rolling for the big finale. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Captain America: Winter Soldier: Also loved this one. The story is alright but the real meat here is the action. I still watch it here and there just for the well choreographed fights.

Guardians of the Galaxy: I genuinely had no intentions to see this movie but a friend of mine insisted so I caved. I'm glad I did because this was a really good one for the series. It doesn't take itself too seriously but still manages to convey a good story from beginning to end. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Not bad, but it clearly suffers as being referred to, and quite correctly, as more of a reminder there's more movies coming than trying to stand alone. Whedon clearly wanted to match himself from the first Avengers and tried to force too much humor. this one felt more like eye candy than it did trying to push the series along (outside of reminding us of a new Thor). Dead bad guy syndrome.

Ant-Man: Not bad, but I think my biggest issue with this is that it's kind of an origin story in a series of movies when we've already established a current universe. They made sure to even mention the Avengers just so you know this is related, as if you needed to, but stand alone the visuals aren't too bad. Also suffers from dead bad guy syndrome.

Captain America: Civil War: For the last one the the Captain trilogy this is fantastic. Far as I'm concerned all the CA movies are great and really do the hero justice. It's got great pacing, all the characters really get a chance to shine and there's more than one easter egg here and there for the true fans. It's well worth the price of a ticket.

Now I'm sure you noticed that I added 'Dead bad guy syndrome' to quite a few of these movies. This shit kind of bothers me. Killing off bad guys (or in Incredible Hulks case where the fuck did Samuel Sterns go, aka The Leader) seems like a bad idea. Everyone knows the infinity war is coming. Now the death of some of these villains is no big loss; no one cares about Obadiah and his Iron Monger suit or Killian with his stupid ass fire power; but Yellow Jacket, Whiplash, Ronin...wouldn't it be awesome if Thanos, when he finally arrives, gathers up all this villains for his own purposes? I don't actually think the Red Skull is dead since he had the Tessaract and ended up in Thanos realm so that's why I'm unsure of where he is. But think about that roster of villains; Abomination, Whiplash, Yellow Jacket, Ronin, Red Skull, Loki and even Ultron. C'mon, he's the easiest to bring back; just pretend he left parts of himself scattered all over the internet. Now you've got them going against the Avengers...that'd be tits.

UglyOldJafar

kiwifarms.net
oh yeah this was back when Sony was still pretending they knew what they were doing
You forgot to mention Fox in regard of the Fant4stic and WB in regard of anything DC movie related.
And that is not meant as a jab against DC, cause frankly, I would love it if they managed to make a hero movie on the same level as Marvel does.
Unfortunately, the numbers don't lie.

There is one thing though I wonder in regard of Marvel Studio movies. When they are finished with Phase 3, what happens then?

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net

On a more serious note, I really enjoyed season three of AoS. Having the tie in to Civil War deal with a different part of the Sokovia Accords probably helped the overall pacing and storytelling. The finale was good, and interesting things seem to be set up for season four. I kind of wonder what they're going to do with Hunter and Bobbi now, though, since Most Wanted wasn't picked up again.

I'm going to watch it, but, for some reason, I can't shake the feeling that Cloak and Dagger is not going to be very good. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Lipitor

huh?
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait to see Thanos stand up and get goin'. Soon, compadre, soon ...
They need to be as accurate to comic Thanos as they can.... preferably this accurate!
Time for a nerdemic personal opinion fest from yours truly; I'm a massive sperg for comic books. Super serious. Half the time I go to the movies I get all exceptional individual giddy at hidden jokes and obscure name drops. Like in the first Spiderman when Osborn threw Stromm through the glass and killed him...Stromm is actually a big name in the comics. But anyway here's my thoughts for the current MCU series.

Iron Man: This started the series and quite frankly set the standard. it's one of my favorites and pretty much ensured Robert Downey Jr. was going to be reprising this role as tony Stark forever.

Incredible Hulk: A little slow in some parts but shoving the entire origin story in the opening credits was fantastic. We all know the Hulks story; we didn't need to waste forty minutes of the movie setting it up. Liv Tyler and Edward Norton were great but finding out they weren't going to be involved in further films suck. I really want to know what happened to Abomination; he's mentioned in Agents of Shield but far as we know he's one of the lucky villains that didn't get his ass murdered.

Iron Man 2: Meh. It's cool they brought in War Machine but the whole 'poison heart' thing didn't make a lick of sense and felt like it padded the story out way too long. Also bringing in Whiplash just to kill him is pointless. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Thor: Not bad, but kind of lackluster. Thor's a powerhouse and nigh indestructible. Fun fact, though; that town that 90% of the movie takes place in? It's not a real town. They built it for the movie.

Captain America: The First Avenger: I actually like this one. The amount of detail to make it fit into the timeline is awesome and the Red Skull wearing a mask the whole time just for that reveal was a great use of practical effects. Dead bad guy syndrome(?)

Avengers: Fucking loved it. Few movies get me to sit on the edge of my seat but this kept me entertained the whole time. The story pacing was great, everything blended well and for a team collab you can't do much better for a first outing.

Iron Man 3: Shit. This feels like it was just made to finish off a trilogy. Turning the Mandarin into a washed up druggie/actor was a shit move. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Thor: Dark World: Also meh. Thor is once again pretty much doing nothing and Natalie Portman is there to help him do it. This exists simple to shoehorn in another Infinity Gem so we can get shit rolling for the big finale. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Captain America: Winter Soldier: Also loved this one. The story is alright but the real meat here is the action. I still watch it here and there just for the well choreographed fights.

Guardians of the Galaxy: I genuinely had no intentions to see this movie but a friend of mine insisted so I caved. I'm glad I did because this was a really good one for the series. It doesn't take itself too seriously but still manages to convey a good story from beginning to end. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Not bad, but it clearly suffers as being referred to, and quite correctly, as more of a reminder there's more movies coming than trying to stand alone. Whedon clearly wanted to match himself from the first Avengers and tried to force too much humor. this one felt more like eye candy than it did trying to push the series along (outside of reminding us of a new Thor). Dead bad guy syndrome.

Ant-Man: Not bad, but I think my biggest issue with this is that it's kind of an origin story in a series of movies when we've already established a current universe. They made sure to even mention the Avengers just so you know this is related, as if you needed to, but stand alone the visuals aren't too bad. Also suffers from dead bad guy syndrome.

Captain America: Civil War: For the last one the the Captain trilogy this is fantastic. Far as I'm concerned all the CA movies are great and really do the hero justice. It's got great pacing, all the characters really get a chance to shine and there's more than one easter egg here and there for the true fans. It's well worth the price of a ticket.

Now I'm sure you noticed that I added 'Dead bad guy syndrome' to quite a few of these movies. This shit kind of bothers me. Killing off bad guys (or in Incredible Hulks case where the fuck did Samuel Sterns go, aka The Leader) seems like a bad idea. Everyone knows the infinity war is coming. Now the death of some of these villains is no big loss; no one cares about Obadiah and his Iron Monger suit or Killian with his stupid ass fire power; but Yellow Jacket, Whiplash, Ronin...wouldn't it be awesome if Thanos, when he finally arrives, gathers up all this villains for his own purposes? I don't actually think the Red Skull is dead since he had the Tessaract and ended up in Thanos realm so that's why I'm unsure of where he is. But think about that roster of villains; Abomination, Whiplash, Yellow Jacket, Ronin, Red Skull, Loki and even Ultron. C'mon, he's the easiest to bring back; just pretend he left parts of himself scattered all over the internet. Now you've got them going against the Avengers...that'd be tits.
Yea, the dead badguy syndrome is a wasted opportunity. You are completely right about this for multiple reasons. It limits the ability for villains to return, and it becomes a generic ending when overused. In some places it didn't even seem to make sense. Yellowjacket was just a matter of finding a clever way to get him out of his suit and keep them separated. Totally could have been done. Ronan should have been more like he was in the comic books, where he's not evil per se, but just only cares about the Kree. I'm not really sure how to fix that one, but it would have been interesting to see more Ronan. Then Ultron it doesn't even make sense how he dies. Like he's a supercomputer, he understands the concept of keeping backups. You mean to tell me he took every single robot to Sokovia and then just let them all get destroyed. You could write in the last ultron skull got shot into deep space or fucking hydra grabbed one and put it in stasis. It would have made more sense.

Plus like... so when we get to Infinity War, it's just gonna be Thanos and... Nebula and her knives?

Reactions: dunbrine47

UglyOldJafar

kiwifarms.net
On behalf of villains returning, personally I would be okay if they brought back Red Skull. Like Saying the Tesseract did not desintegrate him, but transported him forwards in time a couple of decades, leading to him in present time reuniting what is left of Hydra and ending up post Infinity War as a threat.
Or let Thanos use the Gauntlet to bring back dead villains and create this way henchmen to fight for him over the course of the movie's final battle, only for a bunch of them to survive and become stabel bad guys mentioned throughout whatever comes after Phase 3.

MasterDisaster

Hobo King of the Parsnip Pixies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There is one thing though I wonder in regard of Marvel Studio movies. When they are finished with Phase 3, what happens then?
That's an excellent question and quite frankly it's pretty much in the dark. In all honesty I'm not so sure bout the MCU after the Infinity War two parter; right now everything is fitting together because there's a common goal in mind and that's Thanos. But after you have a massive two part movie, and c'mon, it's gonna be the largest gathering ever...we're talking the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy and pretty much every side hero in the MCU. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Coulsen finally made himself known again. But after that, well...I really don't care. Marvel has a stranglehold on the superhero movies because they planned this shit out with one giant payoff in the end. Fans feel almost obligated to go, not that they generally walk away disappointed with Marvel, just to feel like they're staying up to pace with the lexicon. Anything after Infinity War is going to have to try it's damnedest to stay alive in my opinion.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino