Marvel Cinematic Universe -

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Hope this isn't derailing the thread but I'd like to share my rankings of the MCU films so I'll put it in a spoiler tag for those who want to see it.

God Tier

Avengers: Infinity War
Iron Man
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2

Great Tier

Avengers Endgame
Spiderman Far From Home
Thor Ragnarock
Captain America: Civil War
The Avengers

Good Tier

Spiderman Homecoming
Thor
Doctor Strange
Ant Man & The Wasp
Iron Man 3

Meh Tier

Black Panther
Antman
Captain America
Iron Man 2

Trash Tier

The Incredible Hulk
Thor: The Dark World
Captain Marvel
Avengers: Age of Ultron
While I don't agree with everything about your list (I wouldn't call Age of Ultron trash ... And I also enjoy the first Ant-Man and the first Captain America more than you do), I have to say that your "God Tier" is the same as mine.

And, as I've stated before in this thread, Guardians Vol. 2 is criminally underrated. I think it's a great comic book movie.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
While I don't agree with everything about your list (I wouldn't call Age of Ultron trash ... And I also enjoy the first Ant-Man and the first Captain America more than you do), I have to say that your "God Tier" is the same as mine.

And, as I've stated before in this thread, Guardians Vol. 2 is criminally underrated. I think it's a great comic book movie.
I disagree with Guardians. The scene where Kurt Russell reveals to Pratt he gave his mom cancer was def emotionally devastating but aside from that and the Gamora/Nebula stuff the film was just a convoluted mess. Climax was just FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM in Marvel form

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I disagree with Guardians. The scene where Kurt Russell reveals to Pratt he gave his mom cancer was def emotionally devastating but aside from that and the Gamora/Nebula stuff the film was just a convoluted mess. Climax was just FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM in Marvel form
I thought it was a character driven and a thematic movie, and all of that stuff completely worked for me. I didn't find the plot to be convoluted; if anything I think it could be construed as too simple.

I'm trying to think of things that I would change about the movie ... And the only thing that really comes to mind are one or two jokes that fell flat for me (one of them being the Pac Man joke). Everything else worked for me.

And I think it has one of the best ending scenes to any Marvel movie ever.

Guaranteed this manlet called other people "manbabies" for disliking Captain Marvel.

The projection and lack of self-awareness is too real.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
I never gave a shit about Yondu tbh.....
The Mary Poppins line just fell flat to me.

But I can see how others enjoyed it.

We will probably never get Moondragon because lesbians and also she raped Thor

1107029-moondragonthor1.jpg1107030-moondragonthor2.jpg1107031-moondragonthor3.jpg

• Feels
Reactions: TerribleIdeas™

Dogs can't look up

Once shit out of a moving car
kiwifarms.net
I'm not optimistic about this next "wave". It all sounds boring and is paced at seemingly extended intervals. It looks like they have even lost Spiderman.

I think they should fastrack some X-Men stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Pixy Misa

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not optimistic about this next "wave". It all sounds boring and is paced at seemingly extended intervals. It looks like they have even lost Spiderman.

It seems like it's mostly shows. How much of this wave is actually movies? Doctor Strange, Thor, Black Panther 2, Black Widow, the Eternals, that Ring movie and maybe the Fantastic Four?

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net

Honestly if Disney was smart they'd make the X-Men the new conerstone of the MCU after Endgame.

They could even used Endgame to set it up.

By having people hate meta-humans in general after Thantos nuked half the planet

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is that even legally feasible? The Fox buyout was only just finalized and they're still in the process of sorting shit out. Plus the stockholder or whoever's ass Bob Iger likes to kiss to keep his job will probably look at the reception to Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix (and the issues surrounding The New Mutants) and tell them to steer clear (or confuse them with the Inhumans or something)

Reactions: Dogs can't look up

Dogs can't look up

Once shit out of a moving car
kiwifarms.net
Is that even legally feasible? The Fox buyout was only just finalized and they're still in the process of sorting shit out. Plus the stockholder or whoever's ass Bob Iger likes to kiss to keep his job will probably look at the reception to Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix (and the issues surrounding The New Mutants) and tell them to steer clear (or confuse them with the Inhumans or something)
Shit I don't know. I'm not a lawyer and have no idea about the deal. I am just looking at what Marvel has planned for the next several years and it all looks boring. I figure some X-Men stuff could spice it up.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Well, those posts about Spiderman, not Captain Marvel, becoming the new face of the MCU are moot. I wonder if they'll shrug their shoulders, throw up their hands, and say she HAS to be the cornerstone of the MCU now.

I wonder if they're going to blame the huge hit in popularity the MCU will inevitably take on evil bigots not liking the new phase being more diverse. A lot of people clocked out after Endgame, and even more are going to lose interest because no more Spiderman.

Reactions: StarkRavingMad

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
So in a recent RedLetterMedia video, Jay and Mike were talking about the "streaming wars," and how that bubble will inevitably burst because so many people are trying to get in on the trend. Jay mentioned some psychological study about how people's brains just shut off and stop caring about making any choice when too many options are presented.

This is exactly how I feel about all 500 Marvel shows coming to Disney+. After even more shows were announced at the D23 Expo this past weekend, I just threw my arms up and said "Welp, I'm over it."

I don't have the time or energy to watch all of this stuff. Jesus! I got shit to do!

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
X-Men stuff is apparently already being fast tracked because Hasbro just flooded all the shelves with fucking 90's style Jim lee X-men

More are already coming and eventually they promised people a proper Morph.

The one good thing is that the 90's X-Men arcade game could see a comeback. Disney has been re-releasing their old games from other properties. Both Lion King and Aladdin are getting a very comprehensive re-release. Disney also allowed Sega to put both Genesis Mickey games on their plug and play console which is a really big deal. Castle of Illusion was always said to be one of those games that could never see a real release on new hardware but Disney is allowing that now.

Hell we could get a new official release of the Simpsons Arcade game and Alien vs Predator.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
X-Men stuff is apparently already being fast tracked because Hasbro just flooded all the shelves with fucking 90's style Jim lee X-men

More are already coming and eventually they promised people a proper Morph.

The one good thing is that the 90's X-Men arcade game could see a comeback. Disney has been re-releasing their old games from other properties. Both Lion King and Aladdin are getting a very comprehensive re-release. Disney also allowed Sega to put both Genesis Mickey games on their plug and play console which is a really big deal. Castle of Illusion was always said to be one of those games that could never see a real release on new hardware but Disney is allowing that now.

Hell we could get a new official release of the Simpsons Arcade game and Alien vs Predator.
Marvel Comics also just recently rebooted the X-verse too in the comics.

The Shadow

Knows, the Shadow does.
kiwifarms.net
So I've seen all of these now and...My opinions are kind of weird.

The first few origin movies/phase one are fine. Thor is the weakest, and I have difficulty remembering what actually happened. Iron Man 2 is basically a repeat of the first. All three Iron Man movies have essentially the same plot, and it gets less good every time.

Avengers is hard to sit through. The characters are insufferable, and I don't like Coulson enough to feel anything when he bites it.

Winter Soldier is okay, but all the Russo Brothers movies are over-long and could easily be shortened with good editing.

Thor 2 is arguably the best Star Wars movie Disney has made and I don't get the hate for this film.

Guardians is fucking great, but bloated by the overarching plot.

Ant-Man is fucking great. It's probably the leanest film since Phase I and I like that, even if the ending is overstretched.

Age of Ultron I really liked. Overstuffed for sure, but having despised Avengers I it was a pleasant surprise. "Drama undercut with joke" is seriously starting to be a problem.

Civil War was really good, though again, overstuffed.

Doctor Strange was excellent, mind bending visuals and the balls to make a movie with a dick of a lead.

Black Panther was forgettable. but fine.

Guardians 2 was a weaker film than the first but I liked the Nebula/Gamora stuff and the soundtrack is better than the first.

Spider-Man Homecoming was pretty enjoyable, but the school stuff got old fast.

Thor Ragnarok was a fucking disaster. It was trying to be Guardians but fundamentally missed out on why Thor is funny when he is funny: because he's overly grandiose and comically serious. Too many jokes.

Infinity War was pretty good overall, but again: The Russos need to learn to fucking edit. Titan was unimaginatively designed, but overall good and with a strong ending punch.

Ant Man and The Wasp was fun. I like the promise of what the Quantum Realm/Microverse could lead to.

Captain Marvel surprised me. It's really disjointed but I felt like they stepped back the jokes a bit and acknowledged that weakness in the film when Jude Law tries to tell Brie Larson to be more serious. The soundtrack was surface-level cringey 90's stuff that undercut the movie, in contrast to the score which I enjoyed. Carol's flashbacks are pure cringe.

Haven't re-watched Endgame yet. Have seen Spider Man FFH, it was okay-ish.

Reactions: Kinkshamer
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino