Marvel Cinematic Universe -

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
So I've seen all of these now and...My opinions are kind of weird.

The first few origin movies/phase one are fine. Thor is the weakest, and I have difficulty remembering what actually happened. Iron Man 2 is basically a repeat of the first. All three Iron Man movies have essentially the same plot, and it gets less good every time.

Avengers is hard to sit through. The characters are insufferable, and I don't like Coulson enough to feel anything when he bites it.

Winter Soldier is okay, but all the Russo Brothers movies are over-long and could easily be shortened with good editing.

Thor 2 is arguably the best Star Wars movie Disney has made and I don't get the hate for this film.

Guardians is fucking great, but bloated by the overarching plot.

Ant-Man is fucking great. It's probably the leanest film since Phase I and I like that, even if the ending is overstretched.

Age of Ultron I really liked. Overstuffed for sure, but having despised Avengers I it was a pleasant surprise. "Drama undercut with joke" is seriously starting to be a problem.

Civil War was really good, though again, overstuffed.

Doctor Strange was excellent, mind bending visuals and the balls to make a movie with a dick of a lead.

Black Panther was forgettable. but fine.

Guardians 2 was a weaker film than the first but I liked the Nebula/Gamora stuff and the soundtrack is better than the first.

Spider-Man Homecoming was pretty enjoyable, but the school stuff got old fast.

Thor Ragnarok was a fucking disaster. It was trying to be Guardians but fundamentally missed out on why Thor is funny when he is funny: because he's overly grandiose and comically serious. Too many jokes.

Infinity War was pretty good overall, but again: The Russos need to learn to fucking edit. Titan was unimaginatively designed, but overall good and with a strong ending punch.

Ant Man and The Wasp was fun. I like the promise of what the Quantum Realm/Microverse could lead to.

Captain Marvel surprised me. It's really disjointed but I felt like they stepped back the jokes a bit and acknowledged that weakness in the film when Jude Law tries to tell Brie Larson to be more serious. The soundtrack was surface-level cringey 90's stuff that undercut the movie, in contrast to the score which I enjoyed. Carol's flashbacks are pure cringe.

Haven't re-watched Endgame yet. Have seen Spider Man FFH, it was okay-ish.
THANK YOU! Thor * and Captain America for that matter * work best as the straight men to the more whimsical Avengers like Iron Man.

I fucking hate the MCU's insistence that every male hero needs to be an immature quipping dumbass.

queerape

All Kinds of Gorillaz
kiwifarms.net
The "girl power" scene at the end of Endgame felt so contrived, when all the women were attacking Thanos. It feels so patronizing, like see all teh wimmins r playing with the big boiz, we're progressive :biggrin:

Just let women do cool shit, and not make a big deal of it. I don't need a fucking parade for doing shit while female.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
The "girl power" scene at the end of Endgame felt so contrived, when all the women were attacking Thanos. It feels so patronizing, like see all teh wimmins r playing with the big boiz, we're progressive :biggrin:

Just let women do cool shit, and not make a big deal of it. I don't need a fucking parade for doing shit while female.
Lol I liked it but it was so dumb.....also spidey being in the shot took me out tbh. I'm glad Nat dodged a bullet

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Good luck with that MCU
Yes, screenrant, everyone wants a reasonably unknown character who represents an unbelievably small minority in America to be the new Spider-Man. If she gets popular I don't even want to know the bitching that will happen over her not wearing a hijab, too.

• Agree
Reactions: friedshrimp

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Yes, screenrant, everyone wants a reasonably unknown character who represents an unbelievably small minority in America to be the new Spider-Man. If she gets popular I don't even want to know the bitching that will happen over her not wearing a hijab, too.
Yeah, if they truly want to stand a chance and replace spider-man and Iron Man they better start dusting off those X-men. They got lots of A-listers there, starting with Wolverine.

Marco Fucko

the most impatient man on the planet
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a huge fan of MCU but I've seen a decent amount of them since I like to go to the movies.

I wonder if we're going to see noticeable drop off in return for this new era. Some of the key guys are out and I feel like this new set up phase for the 'second generation' will be make or break, especially if Sony and Disney can't cut a deal for more Spider-Man. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that MCU movies are good moneymakers, but judging by what we're seeing with Star Wars, audiences might get tired of the MCU if the new leads aren't too hot.

• Agree
Reactions: The Shadow

Lucille Bluth

kiwifarms.net

Marvel needed to show people that Black Widow and Scarlet Witch wasn't the only wimminz in da Avengerz lineup. Cuz sexism accusations.

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
Magneto's getting woke, y'all.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/marvel-magneto-disney-show/
The X-Men are coming to the MCU in a few years’ time, that much has already been confirmed. Kevin Feige teased at Comic-Con back in July that “the mutants” were on their way, following Marvel’s acquisition of the rights from Fox. No doubt the studio has big plans for the various iconic X-Men characters that they now can add to their stable and as is the MCU way, we’d expect a lot of solo projects for them as well, as suggested by Avengers: Endgame writer Christopher Markus.

In fact, according to our sources – the same ones who told us about the She-Hulk show back in April, and that an Aladdin sequel was in development before it was later confirmed – Marvel is looking to do a Magneto TV series for Disney Plus. This is obviously in the very earliest stages of development, so it could always end up being scrapped as plans change along the way. But for now, at least, they want to pursue the project if they can find a good enough story to support it.

Of course, Magneto has been a huge presence in Fox’s X-Men movies, with both Ian McKellen and Michael Fassbender playing the Master of Magnetism for four films apiece. However, he’s surely too much of a cornerstone of the X-mythos to ignore in the MCU’s mutantkind relaunch, so it makes sense that he’d be a priority to get the reboot treatment. Much like Wolverine, who everyone’s sure will soon be recast with Hugh Jackman having said goodbye to the role.

In fact, there’s recently been some talk of Breaking Bad‘s Giancarlo Esposito as a possible MCU Magneto, seeing as he’s being eyed for a mystery villain role. However, we haven’t heard anything concrete about that at present. While we wait to learn more, though, tell us, would you be interested in a Magneto Disney Plus series? And if so, who should play him in the MCU? Have your say in the comments section below.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
I'm not a huge fan of MCU but I've seen a decent amount of them since I like to go to the movies.

I wonder if we're going to see noticeable drop off in return for this new era. Some of the key guys are out and I feel like this new set up phase for the 'second generation' will be make or break, especially if Sony and Disney can't cut a deal for more Spider-Man. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that MCU movies are good moneymakers, but judging by what we're seeing with Star Wars, audiences might get tired of the MCU if the new leads aren't too hot.
I’m curious about the post-Endgame dropoff as well. Personally with Spider-Man out and most of this next slate being literally-who’s, my interest has dropped down to zero. The only upcoming movie I’m sorta interested in is Doctor Strange 2, and even then I don’t plan on seeing it opening weekend.

Obviously we’ll have to wait and see how Phase 4 does, but personally I think it’s a mistake to not have more returning heroes in this slate to balance out the unknowns. Guardians of the Galaxy worked out because it was very different tone from the earthbound Marvel flicks, and had GREAT word-of-mouth from fans and critics. Shang-Chi and the Eternals are really gonna need to be something special if they wanna recapture what made Guardians so popular.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the post Endgame dropoff was also a reason Sony decided not to renew the MCU Spiderman agreement.

Midnight's Edge made a video analyzing their motivations and it seems consistent with their reasons:

tl; dr after Venom and Spiderverse were successful financially and critically respectively, Sony decided it didn't need Disney to make successful Spiderman films and ended the agreement. If being an MCU film is no longer a guarantee for big returns at the box office, Sony would be better off making their own Spiderman movies and not having to share profits with Disney.

• Agree
Reactions: Marco Fucko

Marco Fucko

the most impatient man on the planet
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the post Endgame dropoff was also a reason Sony decided not to renew the MCU Spiderman agreement.

Midnight's Edge made a video analyzing their motivations and it seems consistent with their reasons:

tl; dr after Venom and Spiderverse were successful financially and critically respectively, Sony decided it didn't need Disney to make successful Spiderman films and ended the agreement. If being an MCU film is no longer a guarantee for big returns at the box office, Sony would be better off making their own Spiderman movies and not having to share profits with Disney.
So long as they can either keep Holland or get a solid reboot they should be fine. Hopefully they've learned their lessons from Amazing.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It'd probably help to actually see the "Post-Endgame dropoff".
Nothing's been released yet. Far from Home was marketed as basically being the epilogue to Endgame (and Spidey's gone anyways) so we'll have to wait and see. The other problem is that most of this phase is going to be TV shows, and you can't just measure box office sales with them.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The other problem is that most of this phase is going to be TV shows, and you can't just measure box office sales with them.
yeah that's a clever little dodge The Mouse has going for Marvel and Star Wars for the next year or few, it's all part of stuff that doesn't have clear and obvious means of checking how they perform

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
With every bit of news I hear, the more pessimistic I am about the future of the MCU. I'm definitely going to see Black Widow ('cause it's a movie about one of the original cinematic Avengers that should have happened several years ago to begin with, but I digress). My excitement for future films overall is pretty much ... Not there.

And Disney just keeps announcing all of this new stuff. To me, it's overload. It's to the point where they're throwing everything on the wall to see what sticks now that they don't have characters like Iron Man, Cap, and Spidey. I don't know about any box office drop happening immediately, but I see a quality drop incoming fast.

And now there's rumors that Disney wants RDJ to come back as Tony Stark to potentially start an Iron Heart series. Because, you know, everybody loves Riri Williams. lol.

Looks like Sony pulled Spider-Man away at the right time. I really, really, really hated that Venom movie though. Just give me a really good movie, Sony. That would be nice. I'm counting on you.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
And now there's rumors that Disney wants RDJ to come back as Tony Stark
I don't know if this is a rumor so much as common sense.

As much as I like his Tony Stark, I'm okay if he never comes back. He reached Cameron Mitchell levels of laziness by the end, and it really showed in Endgame and Infinity War. I'm sick of looking at real people being turned into cgi abominations because they're too lazy to put on a damn costume.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this is a rumor so much as common sense.

As much as I like his Tony Stark, I'm okay if he never comes back. He reached Cameron Mitchell levels of laziness by the end, and it really showed in Endgame and Infinity War. I'm sick of looking at real people being turned into cgi abominations because they're too lazy to put on a damn costume.
I thought that RDJ was great in Endgame ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

friedshrimp

uwuu
kiwifarms.net
With every bit of news I hear, the more pessimistic I am about the future of the MCU. I'm definitely going to see Black Widow ('cause it's a movie about one of the original cinematic Avengers that should have happened several years ago to begin with, but I digress). My excitement for future films overall is pretty much ... Not there.

And Disney just keeps announcing all of this new stuff. To me, it's overload. It's to the point where they're throwing everything on the wall to see what sticks now that they don't have characters like Iron Man, Cap, and Spidey. I don't know about any box office drop happening immediately, but I see a quality drop incoming fast.

And now there's rumors that Disney wants RDJ to come back as Tony Stark to potentially start an Iron Heart series. Because, you know, everybody loves Riri Williams. lol.

Looks like Sony pulled Spider-Man away at the right time. I really, really, really hated that Venom movie though. Just give me a really good movie, Sony. That would be nice. I'm counting on you.
Yeah, I mean, maybe we might be wrong, but Marvel betting it all on C and D listers from now on to carry the MCU might be a difficult task. Of course, people said the same thing back in 2008 with Iron Man, but, I dunno, a lot of people have commented that after Endgame they're done with the MCU. Most of the main players are gone due to the events of that movie, and their one golden goose Spiderman left due to outside circumstances. So who stands? Guardians, Black Panther, and the supporting cast. And the new characters that are supposed to carry on are literal who's or the divisive woke replacements from the comics.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino