Marvel Cinematic Universe -

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I mean, maybe we might be wrong, but Marvel betting it all on C and D listers from now on to carry the MCU might be a difficult task. Of course, people said the same thing back in 2008 with Iron Man, but, I dunno, a lot of people have commented that after Endgame they're done with the MCU. Most of the main players are gone due to the events of that movie, and their one golden goose Spiderman left due to outside circumstances. So who stands? Guardians, Black Panther, and the supporting cast. And the new characters that are supposed to carry on are literal who's or the divisive woke replacements from the comics.
Black Panther 2 will make tons of money. In my opinion, this is the only guaranteed box office monster for the MCU coming up.

I think Black Widow has the potential to do well.

I can see the next Thor movie having a strong opening at the box office ... But if the movie is weak, then it's not going to be the hit that Ragnarok was.

Guardians 3 should do well.

Doctor Strange 2 will probably do fine.

I don't see the normies giving a shit about newer movies like Shang Chi or the Eternals, though. We'll see.

Syaoran Li

Redneck Doomer
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, the sooner the MCU crashes and burns, the better.

I'm way too burned out on capeshit and I think at this point, the MCU is probably going to self-destruct.

I can't say for sure, but I get the feeling that a lot of people are likely either starting to get tired of capeshit clogging the theaters every summer or they are headed towards that direction. The MCU and the superhero blockbuster in general has saturated the market and too much of any genre will kill said genre. Just look at what happened to Westerns and slasher flicks.

It doesn't help that the MCU is very much a "high risk/high reward" venture.

While it is the most successful film franchise in Hollywood, each movie is ridiculously expensive and all it takes to sink the franchise is for one of these movies to flop or even just under-perform at the box office.

There's also the fact that the new phase of the franchise doesn't really seem to be building towards anything. At least the previous films were all building towards some epic climactic conclusion, which happened with Endgame.

Hell, I'd say that most normies came in thinking Endgame was going to be the last one and anything after that would end up causing viewer fatigue after a certain point.

Especially since most of the MCU films that have been announced are either the D-list guys nobody cares about or the despised woke incarnations of established heroes (like with Thor). While Iron Man and Black Panther were relatively obscure in the days before the MCU, Iron Man was an upper-card B-List guy that all the hardcore Marvel fans knew who he was and every so often you'd find a non-fanboy who at least knew of him.

Black Panther was C-List fodder at best but the Disney marketing execs successfully tapped into the woke crowd, and Wakanda itself is pretty much a masturbatory fantasy for black supremacist types.

Captain Marvel succeeded despite being the most "woke" and polarizing MCU film thus far because of how the release was timed.

It was released after Infinity War but before Endgame and IIRC, a lot of the promos made it look like you needed to see Captain Marvel to fully grasp Endgame.

We don't really have that kind of magic now that Endgame is over and Robert Downey Jr. is no longer going to be in the MCU.

Black Panther 2 will likely do well since the woke crowd and Black Twitter love that movie.

The next Guardians of the Galaxy movie will probably do well simply because the first two were smash hits and Gunn was able to use the snarky humor of the MCU to his advantage with something as obscure and ridiculous as Guardians.

Black Widow will likely be a modest success but may end up getting some backlash now that Scarlett Johansson is on the SJW shit-list for good after telling them to fuck off with her recent Woody Allen comments. It doesn't help that a very big component of the MCU's fanbase are woke Millennial hipsters.

All the other movies are risky ventures and could likely backfire on Disney.

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen them finally bring the X-Men into the MCU now that they've bought out Fox.

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
It doesn't help that a very big component of the MCU's fanbase are woke Millennial hipsters.
lmfao nigger what? Capeshit is literally the most normie shit out there at the moment.

I think a lot of you guys really underestimate how popular these movies are as of now. Like eventually are they not going to be 700/800/billion dollar guarantees? Yeah, obviously. But you actually think these things hinge on "woke SJW hipsters" for success? I'd be willing to bet money the absolute worst case scenario for these movies is to slide back down to the 700-800 million dollar range until whatever the next big team up movie is supposed to be.

Syaoran Li

Redneck Doomer
kiwifarms.net
lmfao nigger what? Capeshit is literally the most normie shit out there at the moment.
In terms of sales, yes. But there's a difference between the normies who watch an MCU film and the hardcore MCU fans that defend it endlessly online.

Most MCU viewers are normies, but a very large chunk of the dedicated MCU fanbase are Millennial SJW types.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
The thing that annoys me about the upcoming Shang Chi movie is that Marvel said the "REAL Mandarin" will be in it.

Firstly, it's lame that the "REAL" one is coming, and there's no Tony Stark to fight him. Mandarin is known as one of Iron Man's villains, kthx. Could have easily tied that in with the first Iron Man movie as well (with the Ten Rings being the reason why Stark was in captivity). Keep in mind that I actually LIKE Iron Man 3, too. I just think the whole Mandarin thing should be put to rest without Tony Stark. It just doesn't feel right for the "Ten Rings" plotline to be finished with a completely unfamiliar cast of characters.

Secondly, I bet Marvel is thinking, "If we make Asians fight him, then we can finally do the whole Fu Manchu thing and be 'comic book accurate' without pissing off the Chinese market!"

Imagine if we had gotten an Iron Man 4 with the real Mandarin. Would have been really fun. Just saying.

• Agree
Reactions: Kinkshamer

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
There actually being a Mandarin was such a lame cop out. Smacked of some bitter writer getting pissy that his inclusive villain was a white guy.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Funny that Mandarin would be an inclusive villain as I thought they wrote him the way they did in IM3 because they were worried the character would appear to be too much like a racial stereotype.

Idiotron

kiwifarms.net
Let's look at this realistically:
The MCU is done. There will still be movies in this universe but it's impact is over.
The novelty is not there anymore. People have spent a decade waiting for the conclusion and it came and most have already moved on. Who's going to wait another 10 years for another conclusion? Especially since the 2 actors/characters who people cared about are gone.

That's why the most recent marketing is based on demographics:
Black Panther was "the black people movie".
Captain Marvel was "the women movie".
Eternals will be "the LGBT movie".
Shang Chi will be "the China movie".
Ms Marvel will be "the Muslim movie".
What else is there? Hispanics, I suppose. Are they going to add that failed Miss America character?

Guardians can survive because, for the most part, they're so far removed from the MCU that they can be their own thing, the other IPs will struggle.
The Disney+ TV shows will disappear fast like the Netflix ones.

I'm glad that it's over.
The problem is that there's not much else to come and take it's place at the moment.
There's a growing number of ultra violent R rated movies being successful so maybe that.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
The MCU is done. There will still be movies in this universe but it's impact is over.
The novelty is not there anymore. People have spent a decade waiting for the conclusion and it came and most have already moved on. Who's going to wait another 10 years for another conclusion? Especially since the 2 actors/characters who people cared about are gone.

What else is there? Hispanics, I suppose. Are they going to add that failed Miss America character?

Guardians can survive because, for the most part, they're so far removed from the MCU that they can be their own thing, the other IPs will struggle.

I'm glad that it's over.
The problem is that there's not much else to come and take it's place at the moment.
There's a growing number of ultra violent R rated movies being successful so maybe that.
2 words: X-Men.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
Lmao Eternals won't be the gay film bc bisexual predator Madden is playing a character who romances Gemma Chan.

New Gods and Eternals cancel each other out lmao

nosemouth

kiwifarms.net

I think a lot of you guys really underestimate how popular these movies are as of now. Like eventually are they not going to be 700/800/billion dollar guarantees? Yeah, obviously. But you actually think these things hinge on "woke SJW hipsters" for success?
They haven't until now.

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net

I think a lot of you guys really underestimate how popular these movies are as of now. Like eventually are they not going to be 700/800/billion dollar guarantees? Yeah, obviously. But you actually think these things hinge on "woke SJW hipsters" for success? I'd be willing to bet money the absolute worst case scenario for these movies is to slide back down to the 700-800 million dollar range until whatever the next big team up movie is supposed to be.
People said the same shit about Star Wars after The Force Awakens made $2billion. But then again you seem to be very defensive of these movies in general so that's probably blinding you to the fact these movies won't be as popular as they once were now. But that REALLY does depend on their quality going forward.

Most likely scenario: Black Widow (though big maybe on this), Black Panther 2 and GotG Vol. 3 will make money. For the others unsure.
And not counting Fantastic Four and X-Men because they haven't announced much regarding those but we will see. Probably yes.

You come across as a sorta spokesperson for these movies on here as of late. Sure the haters acted spergy as hell but you ain't much better chimping out like this because someone said that...my god, these movies may not be relevant someday in the future!

Let's see how people feel about Female Thor and Kamala Khan and more Captain Marvel in the future. Inb4 "The movie made $1billion because it was that GOOD! Really guys! Nothing to do with it being advertised as important for Endgame, because so was Ant Man and the Wasp despite that movie not being advertised as being important!!!!!! REEEEEEEEE!!!"

Atatata

Can't slap on these cheeks
kiwifarms.net

I'm glad that it's over.
Are you ready for poorly inserted spanglish compadrè?
Marvel_Studios_Reportedly_Has_Plans_For_YOUNG_AVENGERS_And_ULTIMATES_Member_Miss_America_Chave...jpg

KillThemCrackasBabies

kiwifarms.net
you ain't much better chimping out like this because someone said that...my god, these movies may not be relevant someday in the future!
Right, which was almost word for word what I said in half of my "spergouts". People (presumably of which you are one) are acting like these things about to go careening off the cliff now, and only someone who has literally no connection to the mainstream in any way shape or form could possibly believe that. "But muh billion!" is actually a really good reference there, since one of those people I've been sperging at so hard actually said that was indication of failure. What kind of mongoloid looks at a billion dollar movie and goes "Nope. That there's a clear failure"?

Spider-Man did that billion, by the way. You know, after Endgame ended and the "importance" was done? Even counting the "Infinity Saga epilogue" that sure is weird how it pulled that after so many people stopped months before. Yeah, at some point in the future these aren't going to be making the same amount of money, this has been established. That people think that's likely going to happen in as little as a handful of years is unlikely. To be so confident while having your finger that off of the pulse of the mainstream is top lel.

• Agree
Reactions: Done

Lucille Bluth

kiwifarms.net
Lmao Eternals won't be the gay film bc bisexual predator Madden is playing a character who romances Gemma Chan.
Lol this “gay” character will only be gay in North America. China and Russia are two major markets for Marvel movies. And Or any gay stuff will be just context or a small insignificant comment. Do you guys remember that Endgame had a “gay” character?

White people don't care about Asians so expect Shang chi to flop. Its already getting major backlash in China.
Isn’t that because people were saying that he was ugly? Shang Chi is basically Jackie chan. they don’t give a shit about that because they have a ton of that stuff in their media. Disney’s attempts at pandering to the chinks don’t seem to working. They were trashing Mulan’s Historical inaccuracies and they didn't care about the two Chinese stars in Rogue One.

If they wanted a POC superhero they shouldn’t just done some Latino superhero. They don’t seem to be as fickle as the Chinese are and many of them loved Coco. It was the highest grossing Hollywood movie in multiple Latin markets before Infinity War and Endgame came out.

Unfortunately the only major Latino hero they seem to be pushing is this bitch:
1568426539352.jpeg

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
Tony Leung's casting is drawing eyebrows in China. Don't know why tho.

CheezzyMach

Superior Tentacle Rapist
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I do think Phase 4 will have a dip compared to the previous ones while the MCU stumbles trying to find it's footing post RDJ leaving and thanks to all the SocJus pandering Disney's doing but it won't kill the MCU.

Not when they have X-Men which is the biggest Marvel property sans Spider-Man in the pipeline.

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li

InsolentGaylord

kiwifarms.net
Honestly I do think Phase 4 will have a dip compared to the previous ones while the MCU stumbles trying to find it's footing post RDJ leaving and thanks to all the SocJus pandering Disney's doing but it won't kill the MCU.

Not when they have X-Men which is the biggest Marvel property sans Spider-Man in the pipeline.
That depends on how badly the fuck the X-Men up. And by the sounds of it, it sounds like they might.

• Agree
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino