Marvel Cinematic Universe -

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My baseless speculation is that they end Infinity with a soft reboot, recast some people, then introduce the new Big Thing in the bit at the end.

• Feels
Reactions: Legatus Lanius

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
My baseless speculation is that they end Infinity with a soft reboot, recast some people, then introduce the new Big Thing in the bit at the end.
I'm betting this too. They've been tossing movies out so fast partly to keep the market moving, and partly because the actors are going to age out of their roles eventually.

Unless they are growing them in labs. Which I'm still thinking is a possibility with Chris Evans.

Juscum

Unmistakable Serial Killer Vibe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So do you guys think we can get the X-men in the Mcu or should they remain with Fox?
I think Deadpool's massive box office success should be a clue to Marvel to stop pulling X-Men merch and posters. They started it around the time of the first Wolverine movie, so that they wouldn't be associated with Fox (or give Fox accidental new fans and profit), but I think it would do more harm than good to distance them when the X-Men films are getting so much good press. It might have been a good idea once upon a time, but it's going to bite them in the ass.

The Hulk movies sucked, Thor put me to sleep, and Civil War was the pointlessly angsty "We can do it too!" response to BVS. Which wasn't amazing, either. As much as I love superhero movies, I think we're in the drain-circling "How much can I tard cum this cash cow before it dies?" stage.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Iron Man and 2 and 3 were okay. Cap 1 and 2 were amazing. I loved seeing Rhodey come back in Cap 3, blah blah blah, I'm not a whiny shitty hater. I just think that the overwhelming success of Iron Man and late MCU films spurred Marvel to put all their eggs in one basket, and I'm skeptical as to whether that's going to work in the long term.

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Keep them with Fox for now. I'm totally okay with the Marvel universe not having to fit the 800 gallons of X-Men crazy bullshit in an already full pool.
Plus, inhumans have already taken the role in the MCU that mutants usually fill in the Marvel universe. Honestly, I think what they've done works out a lot better, not just for this reason, but because it can be portrayed as a "new" threat.

UglyOldJafar

kiwifarms.net
Are there any superheroes someone wants to see in the MCU after Phase 3 that haven't been tackled yet?
I e.g. would love a revamp of Blade.

Muncie Anderson

Well, I lie and I'm easy.
kiwifarms.net
So do you guys think we can get the X-men in the Mcu or should they remain with Fox?
One idea is to introduce X-Men and mutant characters into the MCU one or two at the time. Wolverine first. Deadpool would be my next choice. No need to shoehorn the whole X-Men universe into the MCU all at once.

I would expect the Fantastic Four to be the ones to crossover into cameo appearances in future Marvel movies before any mutants, though.

Juscum

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One idea is to introduce X-Men and mutant characters into the MCU one or two at the time. Wolverine first. Deadpool would be my next choice. No need to shoehorn the whole X-Men universe into the MCU all at once.

I would expect the Fantastic Four to be the ones to crossover into cameo appearances in future Marvel movies before any mutants, though.
As things stand right now, Marvel would have to pay a gazillion dollars to Fox for using the word "mutant," hence why they turned Wanda and Pietro into science experiments. It's a nice thought, but I don't see it happening unless one studio somehow fucks up to the point of giving up the rights to their franchise.

Legatus Lanius

The Monster of the East
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Time for a nerdemic personal opinion fest from yours truly; I'm a massive sperg for comic books. Super serious. Half the time I go to the movies I get all exceptional individual giddy at hidden jokes and obscure name drops. Like in the first Spiderman when Osborn threw Stromm through the glass and killed him...Stromm is actually a big name in the comics. But anyway here's my thoughts for the current MCU series.

Iron Man: This started the series and quite frankly set the standard. it's one of my favorites and pretty much ensured Robert Downey Jr. was going to be reprising this role as tony Stark forever.

Incredible Hulk: A little slow in some parts but shoving the entire origin story in the opening credits was fantastic. We all know the Hulks story; we didn't need to waste forty minutes of the movie setting it up. Liv Tyler and Edward Norton were great but finding out they weren't going to be involved in further films suck. I really want to know what happened to Abomination; he's mentioned in Agents of Shield but far as we know he's one of the lucky villains that didn't get his ass murdered.

Iron Man 2: Meh. It's cool they brought in War Machine but the whole 'poison heart' thing didn't make a lick of sense and felt like it padded the story out way too long. Also bringing in Whiplash just to kill him is pointless. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Thor: Not bad, but kind of lackluster. Thor's a powerhouse and nigh indestructible. Fun fact, though; that town that 90% of the movie takes place in? It's not a real town. They built it for the movie.

Captain America: The First Avenger: I actually like this one. The amount of detail to make it fit into the timeline is awesome and the Red Skull wearing a mask the whole time just for that reveal was a great use of practical effects. Dead bad guy syndrome(?)

Avengers: Fucking loved it. Few movies get me to sit on the edge of my seat but this kept me entertained the whole time. The story pacing was great, everything blended well and for a team collab you can't do much better for a first outing.

Iron Man 3: Shit. This feels like it was just made to finish off a trilogy. Turning the Mandarin into a washed up druggie/actor was a shit move. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Thor: Dark World: Also meh. Thor is once again pretty much doing nothing and Natalie Portman is there to help him do it. This exists simple to shoehorn in another Infinity Gem so we can get shit rolling for the big finale. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Captain America: Winter Soldier: Also loved this one. The story is alright but the real meat here is the action. I still watch it here and there just for the well choreographed fights.

Guardians of the Galaxy: I genuinely had no intentions to see this movie but a friend of mine insisted so I caved. I'm glad I did because this was a really good one for the series. It doesn't take itself too seriously but still manages to convey a good story from beginning to end. Dead bad guy syndrome.

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Not bad, but it clearly suffers as being referred to, and quite correctly, as more of a reminder there's more movies coming than trying to stand alone. Whedon clearly wanted to match himself from the first Avengers and tried to force too much humor. this one felt more like eye candy than it did trying to push the series along (outside of reminding us of a new Thor). Dead bad guy syndrome.

Ant-Man: Not bad, but I think my biggest issue with this is that it's kind of an origin story in a series of movies when we've already established a current universe. They made sure to even mention the Avengers just so you know this is related, as if you needed to, but stand alone the visuals aren't too bad. Also suffers from dead bad guy syndrome.

Captain America: Civil War: For the last one the the Captain trilogy this is fantastic. Far as I'm concerned all the CA movies are great and really do the hero justice. It's got great pacing, all the characters really get a chance to shine and there's more than one easter egg here and there for the true fans. It's well worth the price of a ticket.

Now I'm sure you noticed that I added 'Dead bad guy syndrome' to quite a few of these movies. This shit kind of bothers me. Killing off bad guys (or in Incredible Hulks case where the fuck did Samuel Sterns go, aka The Leader) seems like a bad idea. Everyone knows the infinity war is coming. Now the death of some of these villains is no big loss; no one cares about Obadiah and his Iron Monger suit or Killian with his stupid ass fire power; but Yellow Jacket, Whiplash, Ronin...wouldn't it be awesome if Thanos, when he finally arrives, gathers up all this villains for his own purposes? I don't actually think the Red Skull is dead since he had the Tessaract and ended up in Thanos realm so that's why I'm unsure of where he is. But think about that roster of villains; Abomination, Whiplash, Yellow Jacket, Ronin, Red Skull, Loki and even Ultron. C'mon, he's the easiest to bring back; just pretend he left parts of himself scattered all over the internet. Now you've got them going against the Avengers...that'd be tits.
I liked Iron Man 3 a lot. Yes, I agree making Mandarin into a bogey man wasn't true to the comics, but I do like how they acknowledge they made a mistake and retconed it.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As things stand right now, Marvel would have to pay a gazillion dollars to Fox for using the word "mutant," hence why they turned Wanda and Pietro into science experiments. It's a nice thought, but I don't see it happening unless one studio somehow fucks up to the point of giving up the rights to their franchise.
Well, if the early reviews of the new X-Men are anything to go off of....

MasterDisaster

Hobo King of the Parsnip Pixies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't get me wrong. I'd sell my kidneys for peace among studios and a clean and simple continuity. I just don't see it happening because I'm a bitter old grandma and Fox and Marvel both have their heels dug in.
the studios are extending olive branches left and right but the driving point is not to give up the rights. That's how Civil War got Spiderman; Sony gets all merchandising rights for him. Any toys, games, stuff like that...they get it all in exchange for getting to use of the most iconic Marvel heroes without Sony having to give up the rights. Hugh Jackman wants a piece of teh Avengers pie but because he's shoehorned in with Fox he can't do it...that's why Spiderman is played by a new actor this time; one whom I feel finally nailed the role perfectly.

Juscum

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
the studios are extending olive branches left and right but the driving point is not to give up the rights. That's how Civil War got Spiderman; Sony gets all merchandising rights for him. Any toys, games, stuff like that...they get it all in exchange for getting to use of the most iconic Marvel heroes without Sony having to give up the rights. Hugh Jackman wants a piece of teh Avengers pie but because he's shoehorned in with Fox he can't do it...that's why Spiderman is played by a new actor this time; one whom I feel finally nailed the role perfectly.
I thought Avengers only took Spiderman because Sony fucked up marketing Andrew Garfield to the point where the Spiderman franchise was losing money.

Learn something new every day!

EDIT: I'd love to see Wolverine in with the Avengers, especially since he'd undercut Cap's "Oh boo hoo I'm so old" angst so well. Just give me an Avengers comedy cut through with fight scenes instead of trying to make me juggle politics and the UN and squid nazis.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Legatus Lanius

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Are there any superheroes someone wants to see in the MCU after Phase 3 that haven't been tackled yet?
I e.g. would love a revamp of Blade.
Man-Thing (who has already been referenced), Namor (ditto, although with the whole mutant thing I'm not sure they could use him, although that was a retcon, so...), Sentry, and Moon Knight come to mind.

On a semi-related note, I also think it would be interesting if Norman Osborn was the new Director of SHIELD, although I don't believe that the deal with Sony would allow that.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
with the whole mutant thing I'm not sure they could use him
From what I've gathered from Theme Park Nerd chatter talking about the machinations of MCU at Disney World in Orlando, the properties are grouped by "families" that the characters are associated with. So Namor would be the franchise he's tied to origin-wise. iirc he's a Golden Age revamped for Fantastic Four, right? Not sure if that would shake out to be Marvel (via Golden Age) or Fox (via Fantastic Four), but afaik some random plot twist shit and retcons wouldn't play much of a role in the licenses. They're much more practical business, not comicbook nerd.
Assuming he's attached to Fantastic Four then Fox has already established that they're willing to play ball with Marvel relating to FF in particular.
If he's Marvel then he's Marvel.

UglyOldJafar

kiwifarms.net
I know it is not particular a "MCU" movie, but damn it, I am not wasting space for a new thread just to give my two cents about X-Men: Apocalypse.
SO I watched it yesterday. And I really don't get why there are so many people who hate it, stating that it is a bad movie compared to other hero movies nowadays and that Singer shall just go away.
What are these people even expecting? That every movie needs to be like the MCU now? Sure, the movie had it's flaws (yes, Apocalypse looks like he could also be a really well done Sentai villain, but have you ever seen the original design in the comics? And yes, there are characters in the movie who are more eye candy than major contributors to the story) but you know, sometimes all I want to see is just heroes beating up an over the top generic doomsday villain. Which is exactly what I got.
That and one of the funniest uses of "Sweet Dreams are made of this" in quite some time.

There are also people complaining about the movie to just revisiting old grounds, by bringing up old X-Men characters and retelling their origin again.
Okay first, it was still better reimagening than anything in Man of Steel or BvS. Second, first many of these people complain that we did not get Cyclops or Jean Grey, or Nightcrawler for over a decade and NOW they complain we get them in a proper introduction that starts their origin as heroes. What do those people even want? I thought Nightcrawler was the best thing about the movie next to Apocalypse. I want to take this guy home and hug him.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino