Marvel Cinematic Universe -

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know it is not particular a "MCU" movie, but damn it, I am not wasting space for a new thread just to give my two cents about X-Men: Apocalypse.
SO I watched it yesterday. And I really don't get why there are so many people who hate it, stating that it is a bad movie compared to other hero movies nowadays and that Singer shall just go away.
What are these people even expecting? That every movie needs to be like the MCU now? Sure, the movie had it's flaws (yes, Apocalypse looks like he could also be a really well done Sentai villain, but have you ever seen the original design in the comics? And yes, there are characters in the movie who are more eye candy than major contributors to the story) but you know, sometimes all I want to see is just heroes beating up an over the top generic doomsday villain. Which is exactly what I got.
That and one of the funniest uses of "Sweet Dreams are made of this" in quite some time.

There are also people complaining about the movie to just revisiting old grounds, by bringing up old X-Men characters and retelling their origin again.
Okay first, it was still better reimagening than anything in Man of Steel or BvS. Second, first many of these people complain that we did not get Cyclops or Jean Grey, or Nightcrawler for over a decade and NOW they complain we get them in a proper introduction that starts their origin as heroes. What do those people even want? I thought Nightcrawler was the best thing about the movie next to Apocalypse. I want to take this guy home and hug him.
I think the main issue people had was way too much CGI and way too many characters with not enough focus on anyone to develop them.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
It's an unpopular opinion, but I'm not a big fan of the MCU. I mean yeah, they're all pretty decent movies, but they're not without their flaws.

I can admit Civil War was a master stroke even though it sounds terrible on paper; since Disney Marvel has yet to make any kind of a memorable villain, why not pit all of their memorable good guys against each other? Still, there were a few moments where the plot felt kind of lame, like:

> Why couldn't they have just done what happened in the credits at the very beginning of the movie and prevented all that fighting?

> How was Scarlet Witch not aware of the building right next to her when she did what she did? She could have easily hurled him into the air away from any structures.

> Why didn't Stark just shoot the jet at the very beginning of the airport fight? For a genius he really dropped the ball on that one, and doing so would have meant Team Cap wasn't going anywhere.

As it stands, the only MCU movies I feel like rewatching are the Iron Man films, Winter Soldier and maybe The Avengers. I liked Deadpool and the later X-Men trilogy a lot more than the MCU's efforts.

Reactions: 2odastream

2odastream

r/Drama queen
kiwifarms.net
I think it's about time to have this as a thread, given there's about twelve different threads on capeshit at a time. So post-Far Frome Home it's probably best to just have one thread for sperging about Fantastic Four or whatever they do next.

Edit: apparently we did have this as a thread and it just got merged, well yeah from now on let's use this so when the new films come out post-Far From Home just discuss them here

Last edited:
Reactions: Judge Holden

Somari1996

I have amazing taste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know a lot of people are excited for the X-Men characters to join the MCU, but honestly I feel like it might be a little too late since after Endgame, a lot of the core Avengers might not be around anymore. Sure it'd great to see Tom Holland's Spiderman team up with whoever's now playing Wolverine, or see Deadpool go up against the Guardians of the Galaxy, but without Robert Downey JR's Iron Man or Chris Evans Captain America to be apart of it then what's really the point?

2odastream

r/Drama queen
kiwifarms.net
I know a lot of people are excited for the X-Men characters to join the MCU, but honestly I feel like it might be a little too late since after Endgame, a lot of the core Avengers might not be around anymore. Sure it'd great to see Tom Holland's Spiderman team up with whoever's now playing Wolverine, or see Deadpool go up against the Guardians of the Galaxy, but without Robert Downey JR's Iron Man or Chris Evans Captain America to be apart of it then what's really the point?
It's entirely possible that they could feature in bit roles down the line, even then it's ludicrous to say that losing Iron Man and Captain America will hurt the films since ten years ago nobody gave a flying fuck about who they are. The movies changed that, so really they could take any bit hero and make them the next mainstream thing if superhero fatigue doesn't set in by that point (if the movie's good tho then the genre doesn't really matter)

Somari1996

I have amazing taste
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
After a series of meetings with Walt Disney Pictures honcho Alan Horn, fired director James Gunn will return to the Marvel fold.

Gunn has been re-hired to direct the third installment in the “Guardians of the Galaxy” franchise, the Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana series about misfits who protect outer-space, an individual familiar with the project told Variety.

Gunn was fired last year following the resurfacing of offensive tweets that made light of child sex abuse. The director apologized for the sentiments, which were bubbled up by conservative talking head Mike Cernovich, but was swiftly chopped by family-friendly Disney over the graphic and immature nature of his comments.

The studio never engaged any other director on the project, another insider added. Gunn will also write the screenplay for the third installment, which is undated but slated for 2020. Aside from the notable reversal of a swift decision, Gunn’s rehire presents a conflict of superhero proportions — he’s currently in talks to write a sequel of “Suicide Squad,” the DC Comics villain franchise.

Walt Disney Pictures and reps for Gunn had no immediate comment on the matter.

The two “Guardians” films, released in 2014 and 2017, were strong performers for Disney and Marvel, hauling a combined $1.6 billion at the worldwide box office. In addition to directing, Gunn teamed with Nicole Perlman on the script for the first, which was nominated for a Writers Guild Award, and was the only credited writer on the second. Both movies raised Gunn’s stock as they underlined his ability to make popcorn movies with multiple characters.
You know I gotta wonder if this was supposed to be announced later at some sort of event like D23, but then Captain Marvel came out and they needed to get this announcment out much sooner as damage control.

Freddy Freaker

2 Dollars per call
kiwifarms.net

You know I gotta wonder if this was supposed to be announced later at some sort of event like D23, but then Captain Marvel came out and they needed to get this announcment out much sooner as damage control.
I just heard via a friend texting me a plebbit link. Gotta love Reddit "people shouldn't be judged over their past tweets!" 😑

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
What I liked about the Civil War airport fight was while it was an intense scene, no-one was going for killing blows or anything they knew would seriously injure their opponents. They all knew it would be a matter of time until they were friends again, but they wanted the fight to be over while ensuring they themselves were hurt as little as possible.

Last edited:

BoomerDenton

kiwifarms.net
I'm probably going to stick around for Spiderman and Guardians of the Galaxy but it could change depending how the other films look.
After Gunn got rehired, I will stick around for GotG...

But I will probably be done after Vol. 3 for real UNLESS X-Men looks downright amazing.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino