"Matt Sonswa" / Matthew StCyr - Florida man currently being sued by Disney planning to sneak into Disney World during the corona virus quarantine

Will Matt get caught?

• Yes

• Yes, but he also catches corona

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
I don't usually make threads, but this guy seems like national news waiting to happen.

Let me tell you the story of Matthew St Cyr "Matt Sonswa" of Port St. Lucie, Florida.

Matt StCyr.png

Born on July 18th 1996, he tried making it as a youtuber with urban exploring videos. Urban Exploring, or UrbanX is the trend of walking around abandoned man-made structures while risking mold, chemicals, faulty infrastructure, radiation, and other health hazards. It has an astoundingly low barrier of entry for success, yet Matt still managed to fail. But, he soon found his niche By mixing UrbanX with another low talent genre, theme park vlogging and doing the highly illegal act of sneaking into Disney’s abandoned water park River Country. This gave him a boost, but people had been doing that for years. If he was gonna stick, Matt needed to do more.

He decided that his next target would be Discovery Island

If you aren’t familiar with Discovery Island, it’s a small island that was once a vacation spot inside Disney World. It’s been abandoned for over a decade now, and the waters around it are constantly patrolled by security boats.
Matt got it in his head that to make it big on YouTube, he should buy a inflatable boat and brave the alligator infested waters in the middle of the night and video tape the island. The problem? Matt has no idea how to film. The footage is nauseatingly shaky, and his potato camera is never pointed at anything interesting. Starting a trend he would never correct.

At first, he seemed like a rather alright dude. Trespassing isn't the worst crime out there and urban exploring abandoned theme parks has a good amount of potential. Sure he talks like a stoner, but hey, it's not like he's doing anything crazy, right? Well...
Discovery Island proved successful for Matt. So successful that he went there more than 5 times. Most recently in late 2018. But just one Disney hit wasn’t enough, he had to do more. Fast forward a few weeks and he’s at Epcot Center sneaking around the Miracles of Life Pavilion. Remember that story about Buzzy the Bee being stolen? Matt snuck in before then and got footage of Buzzy.

Here’s where things get exceptional. Near the end of filming that video, Matt decides to sneak around an old lounge that currently serves as an active office space. In no surprise to anyone, he‘s immediately caught but manages to convince staff that he was simply lost. But listen to how he keeps asking questions and avoids answering the woman’s. He couldn’t be worse under pressure if he tried. But it works and he gets away. So what does he do after avoiding a felony trespassing charge? As the video shows. He goes back the very next day and gets caught in the exact same place.

In an interview with defunctland, Matt would later claim that he was taken to a staff area to be booked and managed to escape back into the park and got away. There is no footage to verify this. Not long later, he is stopped on his way to Epcot a third time, and is banned for life from Disney. This didn't stop him for long though, because a few month's later he's back at Disney World sneaking into Disney Quest (a shut down VR arcade from the 90's) right before its scheduled demolition.

As usual, you can’t actually see a thing in the video, and he hasn’t learned that you’re supposed to narrate over long videos where nothing happens. So you get this incredibly long and boring video of a guy sneaking about a mildly creepy setting.
But this is where the fun really starts. He was caught as he was making his getaway and ended up getting arrested where he was charged with felony theft and misdemeanor trespassing. He served a day in prison, got a fine, and received another ban from Disney.

Now he’s served time and been banned twice, what does he do?

After a failed attempt at making normal urban exploration videos (including getting stopped by a cop at a power plant) he went to universal and walked around the the old Nickelodeon studio. This worked for him, but it didn’t perform nearly as well. So he had no choice but to go back to Disney!

Here he is climbing big thunder mountain for literally no reason, and here is "looking for Walt's airplane."
These two videos would be of note because it's where it all went down hill. Both of these videos were quickly removed from his main channel and he went silent for almost all of 2019. What was the reason?
As he explains in this video, he was friends with a youtuber named Jake Williams of Bright Sun Films. Matt would regularly appear on his podcast where he'd retell stories of his treks into Disney. The problem? Jake's girlfriend works for Disney, and Disney was aware of the podcast. Long story short, they strong armed her for information and threatened to fire her and another employee, so he deleted the videos and went into hiding. Didn't change the relationship from dying of course.

bsf.jpeg

Eventually he gets arrested again for this video of him on a roller coaster at Bush Gardens. Only this time we get his new mugshot.

IMG_8013.jpg
He recently pled not guilty to this and failed to show up in court. Still no updates on this particular incident.

He came back to youtube full force in early 2020 with a patreon and the promise of weekly videos. The first major one? Sneaking into the very active Universal water park Volcano Bay. The youtube version is sped up and points out just how many security guards actually spotted him, but paying customers got an extended cut.
Clearly his goal was to create a buzz, and what better way to do that then keep up the felony trespassing by making his biggest fuck up yet, sneaking into Expedition Everest in Disney’s Animal Kingdom and touching the $50 million dollar Yeti. Of course, he was caught but managed to get away. Even posting this exceptionally impossible to watch video of his escape.

But the idiot posted it to YouTube and the police caught up to him. Currently both Disney and Universal are pressing charges, the police are investigating, youtube, patreon, and subscribestar all blocked him from monetizing, and he made the news.(Archive) His excuse? "I'm helping security get better."

So what’s next for Matt? Well , he made his own website where you can access his videos for $1 a month. These videos are just hidden links to a different youtube channel. I'd be a real shame if someone decided to take all these links and make them public.

behindthemagic.org.png
Once you arrive at this 2008 middle school tier website you will notice the existence of a very underused subscriber-only forum where this little tidbit can be seen

Going to Disney.png

The question now remains. Is this guy seriously crazy enough to sneak into Disney while it’s shut down due to the corona virus?

Well, first the reporter from earlier makes an update to the story (archive). Then, Matt puts out an ominous tweet alluding to being responsible for someone's death before deleting it within the hour.

IMG_8001.jpg
Despite being quite active on twitter, he usually tweets out idiotic stuff then deletes it almost immediately. Finally, he goes silent for about a day before putting out another tweet he quickly deleted

IMG_8015.jpg
Now it's all but certain that this crazy man will attempt to break into Disney World during the corona virus lockdown. His fate remains uncertain, but I would keep an eye on the news for any arrest information. Matt here could very well end up in prison by the end of the week.

Facebook
Twitter
Youtube
Instagram

Not sure how to do snap links
E0DFE830-BEE2-460F-8121-161EFFB82D69.jpeg

Special thanks to a friend who actually gave Matt a dollar to get all the paid content, documentation of his past trespassing crimes.

Last edited:

Marche

kiwifarms.net
I enjoy the urban exploration type videos but most people who make them are pretty exceptional, I suppose you have to be to want to walk around in abandon theme parks caked with bird shit and rusty nails.
Most that do it seem to just go to actual abandon places and not constantly trying to sneak into Didney world though.

So from the video about Bright Sun Films it basically amounts to Didney saying cut ties with Matt or be fired and banned from the park. It's pretty damn well known how heavy handed and enforceful Disney is so its not exactly a surprise.

All in all though Matt just seems like a dick who sneaks into out of area places and gets caught and is possibly on meth.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
I enjoy the urban exploration type videos but most people who make them are pretty exceptional, I suppose you have to be to want to walk around in abandon theme parks caked with bird shit and rusty nails.
Most that do it seem to just go to actual abandon places and not constantly trying to sneak into Didney world though.

So from the video about Bright Sun Films it basically amounts to Didney saying cut ties with Matt or be fired and banned from the park. It's pretty damn well known how heavy handed and enforceful Disney is so its not exactly a surprise.

All in all though Matt just seems like a dick who sneaks into out of area places and gets caught and is possibly on meth.
in this particular video he claims to find a drug dealer hide out of pot in a hotel, and his response to him apparently knowing the scent of “a lot of weed” guarantees he smokes weed, but I don’t know if he’s on meth necessarily. It’s always possible.
Could be 100% staged though

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Arctic Fox

RemoveKebab

Ssssshhhhh I said ssssshhhhhhh. Tee Hee!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you embed the YouTube videos you linked in the OP?

wokelizard

kiwifarms.net
Can't honestly say I see much wrong with urbexing abandoned places, or a bit of red team social engineering on rentacops, or smoking weed. Trespass unless you're doing damage, or had to break something to get in, isn't a criminal matter in the UK and tbh nor should it be so perhaps it's a cultural difference.

karz

"Somebody's Listening" - Project P-415
kiwifarms.net
It's an informative OP, but I don't see what makes this guy a lolcow. Nothing exactly super funny or "out there" that qualifies him as such.
Maybe I'm wrong and I'm missing something, but he just seems bored out of his mind and is looking for something risky to do.

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Very good work on the OP @LiquidKid. Often when I read about a new cow, I only get to see snippets of info about them, so much appreciated for all the info you provided cataloguing this guy’s numerous fuckups.

LiquidKid

kiwifarms.net
Can't honestly say I see much wrong with urbexing abandoned places, or a bit of red team social engineering on rentacops, or smoking weed. Trespass unless you're doing damage, or had to break something to get in, isn't a criminal matter in the UK and tbh nor should it be so perhaps it's a cultural difference.
He’s not doing abandoned places. He’s literally going into active theme parks when they’re closed at this point, that’s what makes him different.

dunbrine47

ThE FaCe ThAt RuNs ThE PlAcE
kiwifarms.net
Completely missed the last few months of nutty from this guy, thanks for filling me in OP.