Matthew Patrick / "MatPat" / @MatPatGT / The Game Theorists / The Film Theorists - Just a homosexual theory: Everyone is a HATER?; Plagiarism & Clickbait King

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Attachments

Slamerella

Impossible to get rid of.
kiwifarms.net
I think this tweet sums it up pretty well:

View attachment 1190995 View attachment 1191001
https://twitter.com/GameTheoryRejct/status/1238907994416562178 / https://archive.fo/wip/PkGam

Matt feels very similar to guys like Jaystation: Always trying to clickbait young kids/teens with creepypasta and pop culture crap just to make a quick buck + stroke their own ego. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't both of these guys try to use Etika's suicide as a way to morally grandstand?
He was at some seminar, talking about how Etika ended his life to cancel culture, which was not at all why he committed suicide.

HerrProcter92

kiwifarms.net
I’m just imagining Matpat’s wife leaving him for a black guy and he makes a special game theory episode where he tries to prove he’s better than Tyrone.

“Now it may seem like Tyron has the advantage with his impressive 13 inch penis gamers, BUT the average woman’s vagina is only approximately 6 inches deep, meaning that my humble 4 inch penis is far more comfortable during intercourse. And that’s not even getting into the statistics for domestics abuse!”
I bet Stephanie cheats on MatPat all the time.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Recently god an ad for Marvel Strike Force on youtube. It wouldn't've been anything special normally but for some reason The Game Theory man himself was the one pitching this mediocre gacha game at me. It even looked like the AD was made and edited by his own team too. I looked it up and all I know why this exists is that he made 1 theory video about the game.

i don't get why he has to shill so hard, if the Game Theory Genius can make a profitable channel all on his own surely he doesn't need to do this. whatever it's just an AD, I get YT ads of shitty mobile games all the time. I mean it's either that or Dragon Ball GT abridged.
Not much of a surprise given he made this video

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
according to google, it was made by the same dude who made the Stanley parable and acts as a "sequel" where he dives into the aftermath of his life when stanley became a success
So is it a mindfuck or something? Stanley was a decent one and done experience, but the guy milked it so much that I truthfully cannot imagine he felt remorseful or overwhelmed by the success

• Agree
Reactions: Count groudon

Petronella

kimochi warui
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck is this Beginners Guide and why would people bait him into streaming it?
The tl;dr version is that The Beginner's Guide is Davey Wreden (the guy who created The Stanley Parable) exploring themes like Death of the Author and the uncomfortable aspects of fame that he experienced after TSP became a hit. The framing story for TBG is that a fictionalized version of Davey has compiled some games made by a former friend of his.
The big twist of the story is that it turns out game-Davey has been reading shit into the games that wasn't there, going so far as to change the games himself to shoehorn in references to themes he's read into them or feels should have been included, and this tinkering is what led to his falling out with the friend who made the original games.

Long story short is that The Beginner's Guide is a massive take-that at exactly the kind of overanalyzing and projection towards games that MatPat himself does, which he probably wouldn't understand at all.

Last edited:

m62259

Master lurker.
kiwifarms.net
The tl;dr version is that The Beginner's Guide is Davey Wreden (the guy who created The Stanley Parable) exploring themes like Death of the Author and the uncomfortable aspects of fame that he experienced after TSP became a hit.
Uh uh uh, You should put that under spoilers. Much like TSP and other mindfuck meta-art stuff, the game relies on you not knowing what exactly what you are getting into, and the fact that
it ain’t real (Wreden has confirmed on a podcast somewhere on the games fictitious nature.)

I really think that if matpat ever covers the game will claim that coda is a girl (and miss the point of the game as a result)

Petronella

kimochi warui
kiwifarms.net
Uh uh uh, You should put that under spoilers. Much like TSP and other mindfuck meta-art stuff, the game relies on you not knowing what exactly what you are getting into, and the fact that
it ain’t real (Wreden has confirmed on a podcast somewhere on the games fictitious nature.)

I really think that if matpat ever covers the game will claim that coda is a girl (and miss the point of the game as a result)
Spoilered! Thanks for pointing that out.
I doubt he'd ever cover it, I could see him thinking it was a horror game and waiting to get jumpscared.

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
You know, one of the biggest reasons I dislike matt is how petty and jealous he can be.

He is like a highschool nerd complaining that the jocks and cheerleaders are so much popular than him despite all the hard work he does...

Except that the "nerd" is just a pretentious asshole that can't stop bragging about how smart he is and simply tries to bandwagon on every popular trend for attention even if he has no genuine passion for it, and "the jock", that is Pewdiediepie, is actually just a down to earth person everyone likes because he is genuinely likable and charismatic.