May 29th was the busiest day in the forum's history -

awoo

Awootist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
KiwiNet when?
I've wondered for a while now if it's possible to create a forum site using freenet or other distributed system. The system would need some kind of trust mechanism for the internet jannies to moderate it. The bandwidth would be low but this site already feels bloated and I wouldn't mind at all a 90s looking mostly HTML site that loads very fast.

thegooddoctor

kiwifarms.net
Honestly It’s just kind of funny, even pitiable maybe that so many of the fucking boomers and SJW Crowd accuse this site of being full of Alt-Right Internet Trolls and Intolerant Sociopaths, yet We’re one of the kinder Chan Sites that actually tries to be friendly to new users and a strict NO trolling Policy unlike the hellholes that are 4Chan and Most Trump support Boards. In honesty those are way more aggressively Alt right shitholes that deserve way more scrutiny than kiwi farms ever should. :mad::trump:😡

W00K #17

Boy Man God Shiiiit
kiwifarms.net
I don't think we've had a thread blow up like the riot thread has since the New Zealand shooting.

Was there a spike in new user signups?

Reactions: niconiconecro

Tezin

"How do we arm the other 11"
kiwifarms.net
Does this mean a skyrocket of new accounts being made here?

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
Hm. I wonder what the root cause was that made people head over to Kiwi Farms instead of 4chan to discuss something like this?
Could someone explain their reasoning on why and while their at it, can you clarify whether or not you want other people to be on Kiwi Farms or not?

I'll start: I came to KF the day before and heard the news of the riots. Immediately, I was hooked, and after I went to bed, I wanted more information, and luckily, Mister Metokur was able to provide a stream towards it happening in real-time. After it was over, I decided to join in on the speculation on what was going to happen next.
No, I don't.
4chan is kind of shit for ongoing discussions, threads of a certain age/length are deleted depending on the board and can only be found in 3rd party archives that are kind of shit to use. You can't edit existing posts and must wait until the next thread if you're OP and want to summarise new information. You can only attach 1 image per post which counts towards the limit. You can't use collapsing spoilers in case you want to post a massive essay. Basically, threads on 4chan are fleeting and take more work to preserve in general while KF has a wealth of features to help you catalogue information.
The forum format encourages actual discussion and some sort of quality control, whereas the temptation to shitpost increases dramatically if everyone's anonymous and rapid-fire posting is the norm.

Last edited:

MeltyTW

kiwifarms.net
Honestly It’s just kind of funny, even pitiable maybe that so many of the fucking boomers and SJW Crowd accuse this site of being full of Alt-Right Internet Trolls and Intolerant Sociopaths, yet We’re one of the kinder Chan Sites that actually tries to be friendly to new users and a strict NO trolling Policy unlike the hellholes that are 4Chan and Most Trump support Boards. In honesty those are way more aggressively Alt right shitholes that deserve way more scrutiny than kiwi farms ever should. :mad::trump:😡
imageboards dont care about archival as much as kiwis. Eventually even things people thought to archive get lost when the shitshow becomes too far removed from current reality. Normies dont hide their info to chase trends but want to be able to reinvent themselves and hide or delete things that can be viewed differently with changing public opinions or audiences, There are entire shitshows like the Homestuck tarot that were big at the time that are mostly deleted by users or the sites for example.

You attack people less and host less people who want to do that but you guys save alot more details much more thoroughly in a much more long lasting and easily accessible manner than digging through not so safe from deletion archives of threads filled with mostly shitposts. Think of how many people now have less eyes on them because of 8chan going down. On imageboards you have a chance of getting messed with but they fear not being to control their information and image much more for its lasting effects

Pepito

Trust me, I'm white
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Worldwide Kiwi Influence when?
Since forever, fam. This is a very diverse and international forum like I didn't see anywhere else, a lot of pleople from a lot of different backgrounds and nationalities strive here. This ain't gonna end with the site. Ideas never die.

Every site that actually supports free speech eventually becomes either 99% literal Nazis or 99% pedophiles.
Eventually. Any minute now. Just a few more months, it's not like the Farms were brought up 6 years ago or anything. Hell, I just joined a couple of years ago and I'm still waiting to meet my first ever honest-to-god Nazi here. My most predominant online Kiwi friends are a hippie girl, a brit kid, a couple of weebs, a Lego enthusiast, a libertarian gun-nut, a comics freak, a Florida mom, a Canadian girl, a drunkard Linux fan and a handful of furries. Tell me again, when this is going to become a neo-Nazi den?

Last edited:
Tags
None