McDonalds - I'm Lovin' It

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I've seen one and two but I've never seen a McDonald's that has two windows and doesn't use both of them. If they don't it slows down the line to about double its time and would halve their income.
It's pretty normal if you go at off-peak hours. At those times of day, the bottleneck in the drive-thru experience is usually the food prep and not the food vending. You can't get rid of the customer if the food isn't made yet, so taking the money while you're waiting for the food to get made isn't really too big of an issue, and it saves labor costs.

I think it can vary a fair bit from store to store and area to area as to the actual utilization of the 2nd window. I haven't worked there in 20 years, but I used to be a store manager at a McD's. High-volume stores (like $4 million+) can generally justify the use of it at all hours, but none of the stores in my franchise group were like that. We'd keep them both open during the peak meal rushes, but usually not during mid-day or during closing hours. And some stores, as @MysticMisty said, only ever used one. Mostly because they were built with the anticipation of doing $2.5 million in annual sales and only made $1.5 million. Note: I have no idea what current store revenues for a McDonald's are nowadays, but these were typical numbers for our area back then.

Another factor that can influence things is staffing. If you don't have enough employees to staff all parts of the store, you pick the positions that will create the least problems. It's usually the "least bad" choice that you've got.

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
High-volume stores (like $4 million+) can generally justify the use of it at all hours, but none of the stores in my franchise group were like that.
One of the McDonald's I go to has two drive through lanes that usually both have about 10+ cars in them, and churn people through incredibly rapidly. I'd guess it's well over $4 million a year. They literally couldn't operate without both windows.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
One of the McDonald's I go to has two drive through lanes that usually both have about 10+ cars in them, and churn people through incredibly rapidly. I'd guess it's well over $4 million a year. They literally couldn't operate without both windows.
McD's is a weird beast. Stores can vary wildly in their sales and staffing needs. The store I ran was quite low volume, and our size and staff reflected that; we varied between 13-16 people on payroll, and had decent stretches of time where there were only two people on the clock at one time. As you can probably guess, we didn't have two drive-thru windows. Most of the others in the franchise group were located in smaller bedroom communities and had a mostly commuter customer base, so there were massive deltas in sales between peak and off-peak hours. They had two windows, but they really only used them from like 7-9 am and 4-7 pm, and during lunch on the weekends. I'm sure stores in bigger cities or near large businesses don't have nearly as much variance.

SmokingPig

What is that on the floor?
kiwifarms.net
My sister works for the overlord known as the McRonald, I have heard nothing but her horror stories since the very day she started. Me being a cook in the restaurant business, I am familiar some what with the unpleasant nature of customers, but I've never worked in fast food only fine dining. Anyways, I thought the stories where bad before COVID. Junkies OD'ing in the washrooms so often they had to close their lobby, customers being nasty pricks, and old boomers being cunts. Though the COVID stories, holi-sheet what a cluster fuck from what I hear. Having customers bitch about the debit machine, customers bitch about the hand santizer, customers cussing her out, and comes to the point they had to put a visor on the fucking window because they would whip drinks at them. I guess some native dude went all BLM I'm oppressed and started making a virtue signalling stance recently because he didn't get the burger he wanted while holding up the whole fucking line. Listening to her stories makes my blood boil, like man people are assholes. That is how come, I will never be a disrespectful cunt to people working in fast food, and even if there was a mistake I would not be a complete cunt about it. A little bit of kindness get's people a long way in this life. McDonalds food in Canada isn't bad, but since the beef shortage it's been shit from what I hear.

Their jr. chickens are whip, which would be equivalent to the Mcchicken in the US. The Mc-chicken over here is actually a lot better, their poutines are okay, but not that great though. I like their chicken snack wraps too, used to eat them all of the time when I was in high school. The quality seems very based on location, because some locations are fucking awful and give me the runs. Meanwhile other locations seem to be a lot better, thankfully the one my sister works at is the best one where I am located, and I don't get the shits a whole lot when I eat at that one. Another bizzare bit of trivia is actually when Burger King acquired the rights to Tim Hortons, when the coffee changed, Mcdonalds actually picked up Tim Horton's former supplier for their coffee beans. Therefore rendering the Mccafe concept a good acquisition back in the late 2010's. Hence how come the coffee at Timmies is piss water now compared to the old days, mean while the McDonald's coffee is significantly better.

• Informative
Reactions: Haram Exercise

Ciscoipphone

They're GRRREAT!!
kiwifarms.net
My sister works for the overlord known as the McRonald, I have heard nothing but her horror stories since the very day she started. Me being a cook in the restaurant business, I am familiar some what with the unpleasant nature of customers, but I've never worked in fast food only fine dining. Anyways, I thought the stories where bad before COVID. Junkies OD'ing in the washrooms so often they had to close their lobby, customers being nasty pricks, and old boomers being cunts. Though the COVID stories, holi-sheet what a cluster fuck from what I hear. Having customers bitch about the debit machine, customers bitch about the hand santizer, customers cussing her out, and comes to the point they had to put a visor on the fucking window because they would whip drinks at them. I guess some native dude went all BLM I'm oppressed and started making a virtue signalling stance recently because he didn't get the burger he wanted while holding up the whole fucking line. Listening to her stories makes my blood boil, like man people are assholes. That is how come, I will never be a disrespectful cunt to people working in fast food, and even if there was a mistake I would not be a complete cunt about it. A little bit of kindness get's people a long way in this life. McDonalds food in Canada isn't bad, but since the beef shortage it's been shit from what I hear.

Their jr. chickens are whip, which would be equivalent to the Mcchicken in the US. The Mc-chicken over here is actually a lot better, their poutines are okay, but not that great though. I like their chicken snack wraps too, used to eat them all of the time when I was in high school. The quality seems very based on location, because some locations are fucking awful and give me the runs. Meanwhile other locations seem to be a lot better, thankfully the one my sister works at is the best one where I am located, and I don't get the shits a whole lot when I eat at that one. Another bizzare bit of trivia is actually when Burger King acquired the rights to Tim Hortons, when the coffee changed, Mcdonalds actually picked up Tim Horton's former supplier for their coffee beans. Therefore rendering the Mccafe concept a good acquisition back in the late 2010's. Hence how come the coffee at Timmies is piss water now compared to the old days, mean while the McDonald's coffee is significantly better.
their coffee actually beat even starbucks in a blind taste test

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/a-bitter-shot-for-starbucks-mcdonalds-wins-taste-test/

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net
Recently been craving a Big Mac for the first time in over a decade due to watching those 80-90s nostalgia videos on Youtube. Decided to have a Double Bic Mac today and boy was I disappointed. The fucking burger was slipping and sliding due to an overabundance of sauce as the shredded lettuce (what little there was) slowly but surely almost completely fell out of the burger. Fries were soft and soggy with very few crisp ones mixed in between. I could honestly go over a decade without eating a McDonald’s burger because they’re as shitty and greasy as I remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haram Exercise

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Major asshole, first class
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I only get coffee or diet cokes most of the time and not being able to loiter and get refills is killing me. The one near my gym is also near a high school and college and normally is packed with screaming asshole kids. Only a few neighborhood weirdoes hang around.

A guy who looks like the comic book version of Adrian Toomes but with these baked bean teeth lurks near the outdoor dining area, is never masked and tries to hit on dudes in Italian.

pixomatic_742020235725891.png

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Recently been craving a Big Mac for the first time in over a decade due to watching those 80-90s nostalgia videos on Youtube. Decided to have a Double Bic Mac today and boy was I disappointed. The fucking burger was slipping and sliding due to an overabundance of sauce as the shredded lettuce (what little there was) slowly but surely almost completely fell out of the burger. Fries were soft and soggy with very few crisp ones mixed in between. I could honestly go over a decade without eating a McDonald’s burger because they’re as shitty and greasy as I remember.
I like big Macs but not if I'm driving. They need you to pay attention to them as you eat them.

WonderWino

kiwifarms.net
I don't think i've had mcnuggets since at least 1990 or 1991 come to think of it, but I do very much miss the pizzas they used to sell in 1992 - 1993. It wasn't very feasible to do for very long seeing as the equipment they needed fucked up their kitchen setup and slowed down all of their production and service but it was good while it lasted. Those free burger/fries/drink/ice cream gift certificates they used to sell around halloween were great as a kid as well. Hell one year I got well over a hundred of those, even if close to half were ice cream it was still better than a bunch of candy

and i'm still pissed off about the switchover from lard/cottonseed oil mix to vegetable oil for the deep fryer. Its never been anywhere near as good since. Neither has kfc for that matter since their switchover. Not that I want to pay $75 for a bucket of chicken, but at least there was a time where it was worth buying and actually smelled like kfc is supposed to. Anybody remember the days where you could buy a bucket and take it home and still be able to smell the fried chicken smell in the car?

That said I never figured out how the hell people are supposed to eat double big macs. They're way too big to actually take a bite out of and i've never seen or heard of anyone ever actually ordering one

Disheveled Human

Imagine Jerking off to Japanese mens art
kiwifarms.net
I love ordering double cheeseburgers dressed as a big mac almost $2 cheaper the only thing you miss out on is the sesame seed bun and the additional bun the big mac has. Otherwise the flavor is the same and they are less messy.

TwoDollarPeePeePooPoo

I'm not gonna read that
kiwifarms.net
I don't think i've had mcnuggets since at least 1990 or 1991 come to think of it, but I do very much miss the pizzas they used to sell in 1992 - 1993. It wasn't very feasible to do for very long seeing as the equipment they needed fucked up their kitchen setup and slowed down all of their production and service but it was good while it lasted. Those free burger/fries/drink/ice cream gift certificates they used to sell around halloween were great as a kid as well. Hell one year I got well over a hundred of those, even if close to half were ice cream it was still better than a bunch of candy

and i'm still pissed off about the switchover from lard/cottonseed oil mix to vegetable oil for the deep fryer. Its never been anywhere near as good since. Neither has kfc for that matter since their switchover. Not that I want to pay $75 for a bucket of chicken, but at least there was a time where it was worth buying and actually smelled like kfc is supposed to. Anybody remember the days where you could buy a bucket and take it home and still be able to smell the fried chicken smell in the car?

That said I never figured out how the hell people are supposed to eat double big macs. They're way too big to actually take a bite out of and i've never seen or heard of anyone ever actually ordering one
I remember eating the small pizza as a child. Many fond memories of sitting in the McDonalds play area smashing the weird noise making light thing and stuffing pizza in my face.

As for the Double Big Mac, considering my recent experience I’d agree wholeheartedly. It’s a hassle to eat and I don’t understand its place on the menu. The meat to bun ratio is off compared the nearly perfect standard cheeseburger. The standard Big Mac is too much bun IMO so the whole burger needs a recalibration.

Autumnal Equinox

Dinsdale!
kiwifarms.net
Had a sausage and egg McMuffin, a hashbrown and coffee the other day. I rarely eat McDonald's, but I will say their breakfast food is actually pretty decent if you don't have time/feeling too lazy to make your own. Hell of a lot better than their burgers I'll say.

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

MalWart

Lawn Mower Parts Salesman
kiwifarms.net
I've been to so many McDonald's and other fast food places that have two windows, but only ever use one, that I honestly wonder why they bother to build two in the first place.
They use both windows at my local McDonald's, but instead of picking up your food at the second one, an employee will ask you to pull up in front of the restaurant so they can bring it to your car. It's a rather bizarre operation.

• Dumb
Reactions: Shiversblood

Water-T

I'm too sexy for my apartment...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They use both windows at my local McDonald's, but instead of picking up your food at the second one, an employee will ask you to pull up in front of the restaurant so they can bring it to your car. It's a rather bizarre operation.
They only do that when they get swamped with orders, at least at the ones around me. If the drive through isn't jammed with a 12 car deep line, then I just get my order at the window normally.

• Agree
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

Bloitzhole

OH RUSTY ANCHOR
kiwifarms.net
their coffee actually beat even starbucks in a blind taste test
I originally come from a part of the world where there is, historically, a huge coffee culture and therefore pretty elevated expectations, especially when it comes to Espresso. A lot of the folks I know that travel a lot for their job and originally come from there will usually look up the McD for their coffee needs when abroad, because the quality is decent and seemingly consistent all over the world (Coffee seemed to taste pretty much the same in New Delhi, Amsterdam, Madrid and Beijing for me. The chinese are a great culture when it comes to food, but damn do their cafés and hotels usually not serve good coffee - though that might've changed in the years since I've been).

PepsiVanilla

kiwifarms.net
I don't think i've had mcnuggets since at least 1990 or 1991 come to think of it, but I do very much miss the pizzas they used to sell in 1992 - 1993. It wasn't very feasible to do for very long seeing as the equipment they needed fucked up their kitchen setup and slowed down all of their production and service but it was good while it lasted.
So those pizzas were actually good? Huh, TIL

I looked it up just now and apparently they still exist but only in Orlando, FL for some reason.

Saint Alphonsus

Doctor zelantissimus
kiwifarms.net
Hmm, in the two months or so that I work and McD's the only thing that I can complain about was a psycho customer throwing their drink at me and the shift manager propositioning me.

The damn virus has basically obliterated the customer-business relationship. In this case I would place the blame on business in general, which for the most part implemented VirusTyranny before the government did. Sometimes I can sweet-talk my way past the mask restrictions but for the most part, I'd rather boycott everything rather than acquiesce to a global Big Lie, even if that puts me in a weird fringe minority.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
So those pizzas were actually good? Huh, TIL

I looked it up just now and apparently they still exist but only in Orlando, FL for some reason.
They were basically frozen pizzas that they cook in an oven. They weren't too bad, but they took a while to cook (I think 11 min. for the personal-sized ones), so it was never really practical. We carried them at my old store back in the day (1999-2000), but I requested to stop carrying them since we sold so few of them, and it threw off everyone's rhythm when we actually would get an order for one. I'd guess that we were one of the later stores still carrying them, since I think they started phasing them out in like 1993 or something.

• Informative
Reactions: PepsiVanilla
Tags
None