McDonalds - I'm Lovin' It

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can buy it but are you sure you arent confusing it with the Whitest Kids You Know sketch, or was that sketch prophetic?
About when did it come out?
Funny you mention that, Tom Naughton also used the same clip in his article addressing it:

Here's the BBC article this is all taken from, dated December 2017. The focus is on Spurlock admitting to being a sexual harasser but the alcoholism is admitted to directly a little ways in:

"I haven't been sober for more than a week in 30 years, something our society doesn't shun or condemn but which only served to fill the emotional hole inside me and the daily depression I coped with," he wrote.

I must've gotten confused somewhere because the article doesn't go as far as saying Spurlock was a bottle of whiskey a day type of drunk, but getting drunk at least once a week (probably more than once if we're honest) for 30ish years is probably going to build up a strong resistance to booze. Everything in Supersize Me about his liver is consistent with heavy alcohol use, even though he said "none" in the documentary when his doctor was examining him. I suppose its not out of the question to assume he was exaggerating about not being sober for more than a few days in 30 years, but that tanks his credibility either way.

Last edited:

DuckSucker

NIbblin' bits since 2006
kiwifarms.net
Everything in Supersize Me about his liver is consistent with heavy alcohol use, even though he said "none" in the documentary when his doctor was examining him. I suppose its not out of the question to assume he was exaggerating about not being sober for more than a few days in 30 years, but that tanks his credibility either way.
No I can imagine that. Alcoholics and smokers and the like, when the doctor asks, I imagine are hesitant to go, "Yeah I have a problem with it" so they say "No, never, Im a good boy" and the doctor sees evidence to the contrary anyway. Its like a dentist asking how often you floss when your gums bleed. "Twice a day sir, never missed a day! :)"

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
McPlant is basically the worst name they could possibly have come up with.

Billy "the Bot" Bobson

kiwifarms.net
The lack of an all day breakfast menu is really annoying.
Wake up at 800 and eat breakfast like a normal human being you disgusting slob. Do you really want to take a chance on getting an Egg McMuffin at 1200 and hope to God it's not whatever was leftover in the cab that they forgot to clear out at 1030 (even on all day breakfast, that shit switches Cook-to-Order quick. No one likes Cook-to-Order), or worse, agitating a minimum wage employee by taking him away from lunch rush to make your egg mcmuffin that he's certainly going to prioritize and care about assembling correctly?

All day breakfast was a mistake, nobody working at McDonald's wanted it (top-bottom) and, as they quickly discovered, no customers really wanted it either. That shit was a massive money sink for the maybe 6-8 people who'd order breakfast past 1200 and before 0000.

LofaSofa

The Only Thing They Fear, Is Deodorant.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I keep hearing rumors the McRib is coming back in December?

LofaSofa

The Only Thing They Fear, Is Deodorant.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same here. Hope it's true. I've been hoping to eat one but the McDonald's near me hasn't stocked it in awhile. Best product they have to be honest. Sweet tea, McRib and fries baby! Oh! Don't forget their nuggets too.
You ever put your fries in the McRib?

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haven't had a McRib in a while, in fact I'm not even totally sure what year was the last time.

So I'm definitely hoping to get another one when they bring it back.

ScamL Likely

It's not suicide, it's Kiwifarms™
kiwifarms.net
McDonald's apologism is the most 'tarded kind of contrarianism. It doesn't take a snob to recognize how shitty their food is even compared to other shitty equally cheap or even cheaper options.

Quantum Diabetes

In my defense, you never told me not to do it
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The forced outdoor dining, which at most local locations means sitting at a nearby bus stop or sitting in your car has pretty much cured me of enjoying McDonald's. The only people really out are neighborhood crazies that swoop on you again and again.
The only reason I used to go was for free wifi and refills and that's gone now.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a Cryptoland pfp like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
I tried the McRib for the first time today.

What the fuck? That is what people sperg over every few months? Some sort of prison meat patty, drowned in barbecue sauce, on a soggy bun, with two pickle slices and a light dusting of onions for an attempt at flavor that just gets overpowered by the barbecue sauce anyway? What the hell, man. And for what I paid for it I could have had a QPC or crispy chicken or something I would have actually enjoyed poisoning myself with. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

What the fuck? That is what people sperg over every few months? Some sort of prison meat patty, drowned in barbecue sauce, on a soggy bun, with two pickle slices and a light dusting of onions for an attempt at flavor that just gets overpowered by the barbecue sauce anyway? What the hell, man. And for what I paid for it I could have had a QPC or crispy chicken or something I would have actually enjoyed poisoning myself with. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
yeah there was a stretch they had a mcrib jr that was a more normal size and cheaper that I liked, but it's not really worth the hype as-is

DrunkenDozing

Don't wake me up. Being awake is gay.
kiwifarms.net
Honestly you can buy shitty pre made pork sandwiches by the boxful at Costco and other places that to me taste 100% the same or better.

These days all I get at Mcdicks is that Junior chicken mcpick meal or whatever. Cheap, fast, loaded with sodium and tastes better than their burgers. That whole McCafe shit they tried to pull was stupid. You're not a cafe, you're the "bj behind a dumpster but at least you got off" of fast food.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I have had exactly one McRib in my entire life, and that was almost exactly my reaction.

Here's a picture of a raw McRib:
mcrib raw.jpg

Buck Mullet

kiwifarms.net

Got a McRib the other day for the first time in years and it was better than I expected. There was way more than two pickles and a dusting of onions, a fair amount fell off the sandwich. Could have used a bit more sauce for my taste, but it didn't need to be any sloppier than it was if that makes sense. The bun was fresh, light, and not overpowering. The size made the patty more visually appealing, giving it an inch or so overlap on both ends. Also didn't hurt that the fries were hot and fresh. If I go back to McDonald's while it's available I probably won't get it (a double Filet 'O Fish this Friday sounds so good) but overall my McRib experience was positive. Better than last year anyway, when I went there specifically for one and when I got home the box contained a ten piece Mcnuggets instead.