McDonalds - I'm Lovin' It

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Water-T

THE SMRT TON
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually remember and liked the Arch Deluxe. It was pretty good, but not SPEND $300 MILLION TO DEVELOP AND ADVERTISE IT levels of good.

I mean, why did McDonald's think if anyone cared or wanted a "more adult burger?" You go to McD's go get burgers & fries fast and cheap - no one gives a shit if it's "for grown ups". Just STFU and make me my Big Mac and fries.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I actually remember and liked the Arch Deluxe. It was pretty good, but not SPEND $300 MILLION TO DEVELOP AND ADVERTISE IT levels of good.

I mean, why did McDonald's think if anyone cared or wanted a "more adult burger?" You go to McD's go get burgers & fries fast and cheap - no one gives a shit if it's "for grown ups". Just STFU and make me my Big Mac and fries.
It's sort of like their more recent trend to proliferate their menu with a bunch of "artisan" bullshit, apparently because that stuff was "in" at the time, without any consideration to the fact that maybe it was, but if so, people would go to Whole Foods or some shit to get that stuff, not McDonald's.

Water-T

THE SMRT TON
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's sort of like their more recent trend to proliferate their menu with a bunch of "artisan" bullshit, apparently because that stuff was "in" at the time, without any consideration to the fact that maybe it was, but if so, people would go to Whole Foods or some shit to get that stuff, not McDonald's.
Exactly. People go to McDs to spend $10 on a combo meal, not just 1 hoity toity burger or 3 dinky "fancy chicken tenders". If I want a fancy-ass burger, I'd go a bistro or just buy the ingredients and make it myself.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I rarely eat fast food these days. I moved to an area where the closest fast food restaurant near me is roughly 20-25 minutes away. About 5 months ago, I had Taco Bell for the first time in a year ... And when I had it, I wasn't impressed (and I'm someone who used to love Taco Bell). The last fast food I had, though, was from Chick-Fil-A this past Summer while on a road trip. I had the grilled chicken wrap, and that shit was delicious.

Last time I went to McDonald's, I got a Shamrock Shake with some fries (so, back in early March-- several months ago). It was good. My typical go-to meal from McDonald's is either a Big Mac or a Filet-O-Fish sandwich with fries, which I don't think I've had in over a year at this point. At some point, I'm sure I'll try them again, but I really wonder if I'm going to enjoy them after being so used to not getting fast food for so long.

On a side note, I used to love the Jalapeno Double burger for the short period of time that it was available (back in 2014-2015?). I was so pissed when McDonald's discontinued it.

Also, I hate McDonald's chicken nuggets. Even as a little girl, I hated them. I was the high maintenance child when my parents would get Happy Meals for my siblings and I. My parents would get me a plain Filet-O-Fish meal (because I didn't like their burgers back in the day either), and then ask for a Happy Meal Toy. Haha.

TVBForever

kiwifarms.net
I definitely like some of their seasonal products, for example the Shamrock Shake (as mentioned above me). I remember having the BBQ Ranch Burger and it was quite good, and the same can be said with their Popcorn Chicken back in 2012. I've sadly missed out on the likes of the McPizza or the Travis Scott Fortnite burger.

I still come to McDonalds just for their apple pies and such and that's pretty much it.

cummytummies

kiwifarms.net
El Maco is by far the best McD burger. I just had some recently, and a Quarter Pounder too.

Aside from that I like the double cheeseburgers. Everything else is sorta meh, I suppose the Big Mac is alright.

Xarpho

plz no bully
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I definitely like some of their seasonal products, for example the Shamrock Shake (as mentioned above me). I remember having the BBQ Ranch Burger and it was quite good, and the same can be said with their Popcorn Chicken back in 2012. I've sadly missed out on the likes of the McPizza or the Travis Scott Fortnite burger.

I still come to McDonalds just for their apple pies and such and that's pretty much it.
The Travis Scott burger was basically a Quarter Pounder with extra stuff on it, all of which they have on hand regularly.

They’ve gotten really lazy with their promotions as of late. They’re currently doing a “menu hacks” promotion like the Land, Sea, and Air burger but they don’t even assemble it for you.

Very Clever Nickname

i'll watch your sheep tonight
kiwifarms.net
The UK has this chicken big mac now with 2 chicken patties in place of the beef...it's pretty good. I always liked the chicken mayo burgers though.

KojimaBinLaden

💯True💯 Brothers of Islam are irreplaceable
kiwifarms.net
The Travis Scott burger was basically a Quarter Pounder with extra stuff on it, all of which they have on hand regularly.

They’ve gotten really lazy with their promotions as of late. They’re currently doing a “menu hacks” promotion like the Land, Sea, and Air burger but they don’t even assemble it for you.
Then what's the point of even buying the product if you can already make it yourself?

Xarpho

plz no bully
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most of these are autistic as hell and if you ever order something as autistic as a "McGangBang" you are retarded.
I don't even think McGangbang is order-able unless the cashier knows what the hell you're talking about. It's not on the promotion (likely to the vulgar name) and it's going to be incomprehensible for any barely-literate drone working out of the corporate handbook.

blahblahblah678

kiwifarms.net
McDonalds isn’t like In & Out where the secret menu “Animal Style” is common knowledge. Unfortunately it can sometimes be too difficult for our essential employee brethren to hold the Mayo or add extra pickles on orders.

I prefer the Double Cheeseburger vs the McStingy McDouble with one less slice of cheese. My other gripe with McDonalds is 9 times out of 10 when I want a shake, the machine isn’t working/broken.

Xarpho

plz no bully
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
McDonalds isn’t like In & Out where the secret menu “Animal Style” is common knowledge. Unfortunately it can sometimes be too difficult for our essential employee brethren to hold the Mayo or add extra pickles on orders.

I prefer the Double Cheeseburger vs the McStingy McDouble with one less slice of cheese. My other gripe with McDonalds is 9 times out of 10 when I want a shake, the machine isn’t working/broken.
I think they've gotten way worse about maintaining the shake machine in the last few years. I'm not sure if it's the restaurants around me are particularly shitty (likely), some COVID-induced excuse (maybe), or if it's finicky new machinery (plausibly).

MT Foxtrot

Dammit, Stormbringer, not this shit AGAIN....
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Once in awhile, I do like a McGangbang; A plain double cheeseburger with the patty from a mc chicken in between the beef.