McDonalds - I'm Lovin' It

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Billy_Sama

♂Love and Muscle in Heaven♂
kiwifarms.net
Typical junk fast food but I do stop at McDonalds to get a large Frappe if I am doing a long car trip. That refreshing combination of cool sugar and caffeine helps.

RainwaterDrop

🌺𝒜𝓁𝑜𝒽𝒶 𝐻𝒶𝓌𝒶𝒾𝒾🌺
kiwifarms.net
I get the cravings for some McD's every now and then, it's very nostalgic to me and gets more respect in my neck of the woods as it's not associated with poverty, it's just Fast Food. Back when I was a kid, we used to go out and eat it once per week, the toys that came with the happy meal were nice and the food is comfortably mediocre. The peculiar thing about McDonald's is, the people I know that didn't eat it back in the day or didn't associate it with a nice outing of youth generally don't like it!

I do agree with them that you're better off eating at most respectable burger joints, however. McDonald's isn't awful but it's as far from quality junk food as it gets!

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
Know people who can't eat anything but McDonalds and other trashy fast food due to severe IBS. That could be a misdiagnosis because the doctors in my area are mostly glorified drug dealers. There's a running joke between us about how almost every healthy food fucks them up. IBS is some crazy shit.
Uuh, I actually had a, what you call it?..preliminary diagnosis of IBS, In Russia, where people are less inclined towards diagnosing shit.
I never had it confirmed because covid hit us all, but boy, does my gut get its share of quirks.
Though I may add that, probably because I rarely eat white bread, laying there feverish while munching on Quarter Pounders made me have one hell of constipation after gut pain subsided. Had to involve a greased plastic knife to poke through whatever it was, and there was shed gut lining in that mess. I kept going normally all week before that, mind you.
Raw onions on anything is disgusting.
Whichever onions Mcd and BK here use are THE only onions I can have raw without gut getting angry.

Tour of Italy

Souna il clascon, fogli.
kiwifarms.net
With the lobotomites they normally employ, they'll just get that wrong too.

Anyways, I went about a week and a half ago because nothing else was open at the time and I can't believe two McDoubles and a large fry is 14 bucks. Why is this slop so pricey now? I can get a literal box of tacos and burritos at Taco Bell for ten dollars lol.
Holy shit, where the fuck do you live?

I can get that for like $8.50. Still higher than normal, but much more reasonable.

Retink

the retard is jamming to brand oldies.
kiwifarms.net
McDonalds is probably the worst of the fast food places when it comes to the food quality. Though whenever I go to a different country I usually try to get McDonalds at least once as each country has its own twists on the franchise and sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.

Realistic Elephant

I like elephants and God likes elephants
kiwifarms.net
I like the Filet o'Fish and double cheeseburger once in a while. Sometimes you just have a taste for it, at least I do because I had it when I was growing up. That all-day breakfast would have been a game changer back when I was in college but alas.

One other good thing is it's pretty much all standardized so you know the menu pretty much anywhere. I know there are some regional variations but if I find myself in another part of the world MCD is not very high on my list of dining options. That would be like going to Portugal and eating Burger King.

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyways, I went about a week and a half ago because nothing else was open at the time and I can't believe two McDoubles and a large fry is 14 bucks.
What the fuck? Where? McDoubles are like barely over a buck here and a large fries less than two bucks. Are you living in some shit hovel of a country?

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some bullshit reason or other but I think they're bringing it back in at least some places. Sometimes I think MCD would do better just selling breakfast.
I would never bother going there then if they only sold their breakfast items. The only places I like eating breakfast at are some local shops or Hardee's, which just tastes better for a better value.

Scolopendra Dramatica

kiwifarms.net
Oh man, maccy breakfasts taste like Saturday morning childhood clubs to me. The old man and I really bonded on those days so the taste has such a heavy tint of happy nostalgia to me that I'd probably order it as my last meal on death row.

It's not even that I particularly like the flavour, but when I get that smell I'm seven again and chatting absolute bollocks in the back seat of that bucket of bolts of his.

I bloody love my dad.

Archeops

Trying to find the meaning of Life, no luck so far
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck? Where? McDoubles are like barely over a buck here and a large fries less than two bucks. Are you living in some shit hovel of a country?
My guess is Commiefornia, the prices are higher due to the various laws that boost the cost of operating here.

That said, whenever I eat at McD’s (which is rare as fuck these days) I ALWAYS use their Rewards app to apply deals or rewards points to make the meal a bit cheaper.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
My mom and I were talking about field trips on Saturday and this reminded me of a story. Years ago I mentioned here about how my sister went to a birthday party held at a McDonald's. It wasn't an officially sanctioned event; the birthday family basically just took over part of the restaurant. They also didn't communicate properly (by which I mean not at all) with any of the parents, so the birthday kid and his family ate while 29 kids just sat and watched.

I mention it because I had a similar experience, only it was a Girl Scout function. I couldn't tell you which badge this counted towards, but basically the manager took us on a tour of the place so we'd learn all about the joys of being a McDonald's fry cook at the age of 8 or 9. So after watching hot, delicious French fries be made the troop master bought herself and her kid each a meal, while the rest of us sat around and watched because she didn't tell the parents beforehand "hey, give your kids some money because we're going to eat there afterwards." A few of us dared to briefly complain, only for bitchy troop master to growl at us to shut up if we wanted to still receive credit, it's not her fault that our parents aren't mind readers.

And in case you're wondering, no, I never got a meal. Since my mom didn't know she already had a regular dinner at home going and was not going to throw out my portion just so I could have a Happy Meal and stop whining. Though for what it's worth she was a lot more sympathetic when I recounted the story on Saturday.

big ups liquid richard

kiwifarms.net
They have Szechuan Sauce again. Limited time as usual. They say it's an App Exclusive. The advertisement I saw said it was only going for 4 days.

Last edited:

ZipDisk

kiwifarms.net
No they don't. They did the same shit as last time, they picked one store per region to have the sauce, and fuck everyone else.

I downloaded the stupid app, it runs like shit and defaults to the big mac every time. So you have to tell it you don't want a big mac, and then you can access the menu.
You have to add your order to a virtual bag (pretty standard for apps) and select sauces. This is how you tell if the store has the Szechuan sauce or not.

By the time I found the store in my region that had the sauce (Being offered that FUCKING big mac every time), that location was out of chicken nuggets. The Szechuan sauce is tagged on to the chicken nuggets, like last time.

So after going through five locations and finally finding one that had the god damned sauce, they ran out of nuggets. The promotion had been live for 20 minutes.

I saw Review Brah managed to finagle some by doing door dash, but I don't use doordash.

big ups liquid richard

kiwifarms.net
I didn't have any option to buy on the first day, either. Today I checked and they have it at the nearest one. Got it with a 40 cent promo for 4 nuggets. It's alright but not the best. That goes to the limited BTS sauce called "Sweet Chili" that was identical to the "Sweet Heat" sauce from Popeyes.

Archeops

Trying to find the meaning of Life, no luck so far
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else miss McDonald’s chicken tenders? I preferred ‘em since it feels like I’m avoiding a few of the many cancer-causing chemicals present in their nuggets.

But then again a bunch of other fast food joints can provide a better tender compared to McDonald’s nowadays.
I didn't have any option to buy on the first day, either. Today I checked and they have it at the nearest one. Got it with a 40 cent promo for 4 nuggets. It's alright but not the best. That goes to the limited BTS sauce called "Sweet Chili" that was identical to the "Sweet Heat" sauce from Popeyes.
I’ve heard that McDonald’s Szechuan sauce is similar to CFA’s Polynesian sauce but I haven’t tested it myself.

Frank D'arbo

Dysfunction is a Function
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone else miss McDonald’s chicken tenders? I preferred ‘em since it feels like I’m avoiding a few of the many cancer-causing chemicals present in their nuggets.
Chicken Selects? yes I miss those. I stopped going to McDonalds after they stopped selling those. Every once in a while they bring them back but they announce it quietly.