McDonalds - I'm Lovin' It

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Macreedy_

kiwifarms.net
Its too expensive in my opinion, which is why I dont really go there as much as I used to when I was a kid. My eyes always lit up when my mom told me and my siblings we were having Mcdonalds for dinner. Nowadays everytime I go the food is always sloppy as fuck and stale. Its definitely not as good as I remember it lol. Maybe its just the couple mcdonalds near me that suck but holy shit, its like every time. One time I had mcnuggets and a big mac and the sandwhich was upside down at an angle sorta and the nuggets were hard as a rock. Sloppy af

AnOminous

I hated Woody Woodpecker and Scooby-Doo.
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its too expensive in my opinion, which is why I dont really go there as much as I used to when I was a kid. My eyes always lit up when my mom told me and my siblings we were having Mcdonalds for dinner. Nowadays everytime I go the food is always sloppy as fuck and stale. Its definitely not as good as I remember it lol. Maybe its just the couple mcdonalds near me that suck but holy shit, its like every time. One time I had mcnuggets and a big mac and the sandwhich was upside down at an angle sorta and the nuggets were hard as a rock. Sloppy af
Until a year or so back I had a really good one locally where the fries were always hot and stuff was fresh, but the owner retired and sold it and it went to shit nearly instantly. I tried it once after the new management and the fries were cold, ingredients were missing, and it was just in general a shitty experience. It used to have drive through lines out to the street and now it's dead. Nobody else liked it either apparently.

ZipDisk

kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing with your location the new manager was all fired up to do things his way. Little did he know, the old way worked, and his way was shit.

During my failed attempts to find the sauce I found out that my location charges $1.00 more for Mcnuggets than base price. Another location charged $2.00 more.
The only other "quirk" at the local location is they refuse to make a bunch of the items on the menu.
Franchisees can be real fuckheads.

I read an economics article a while back about WHY McDonalds became more expensive, and those articles are not written for the consumer. Franchisees fucking HATE customers. They hated the dollar menu the most, because the dollar menu actually keeps prices down. Specifically, if people can get a budget cheeseburger for a dollar, and the cheeseburger deluxe is $4.50, they're going to buy the budget cheeseburger, and complain about the deluxe.

Also, apparently price hikes are extremely difficult in the midwest because the customers will stand at the counter and insist that the price is wrong. They'll waste as much of the employees time as they can get away with, because that's their entertainment for the day.
Also found out the "magic number" Mcdonalds is aiming for is $30 tickets. That's right, their goal is to get you to spend $30 every time you go in there.

This isn't the $30 article, but it does talk about how Mcdonalds despises poor people, or as they call them "Value Customers"

This reminds me of how before covid, all the car companies discontinued their sub compacts because they wanted customers in larger, more expensive vehicles.

If anyone could track down the $30 ticket article, I'd appreciate it. Search engines aren't particularly helpful.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck? Where? McDoubles are like barely over a buck here and a large fries less than two bucks. Are you living in some shit hovel of a country?
Wait, McDoubles are barely over a buck where you are? They're $2.30 here, and I don't live in one of the top 10 biggest cities in America.

Even McChickens are $1.50 now. McGangbangs should not cost $3.80, that's like, the price of a proper sandwich.

Water-T

The Pork-trait of Darian Gray
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Until a year or so back I had a really good one locally where the fries were always hot and stuff was fresh, but the owner retired and sold it and it went to shit nearly instantly. I tried it once after the new management and the fries were cold, ingredients were missing, and it was just in general a shitty experience. It used to have drive through lines out to the street and now it's dead. Nobody else liked it either apparently.
This also seems to be the case for me when it comes to local McD's and Burger Kings post-COVID. The ones near me used to have decent food and service, but after COVID they all went to shit.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You kiddies might not know this but Mcdicks used to make pizza. And it was good!

I still miss it, the pepperoni pie was very decent and damn cheap.
They tested that in my town but it wasn't as widespread as it was in Canada.

dak

They say I got a messiah complex but I forgive 'em
kiwifarms.net
I wish I didn't love McDogfood so much. I'll have two McDoubles please. And two packets of chicken sauce, if I'm feeling like poisoning myself with seed oils.

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only other "quirk" at the local location is they refuse to make a bunch of the items on the menu.
Franchisees can be real fuckheads.
This place never did that until the new owner. They always had the bargain items, too, and they were always hot.
You kiddies might not know this but Mcdicks used to make pizza. And it was good!
There's one that still does. Reviewbrah went there.

Water-T

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish I didn't love McDogfood so much. I'll have two McDoubles please. And two packets of chicken sauce, if I'm feeling like poisoning myself with seed oils.
A friend turned me into Quarter Pounders with just ketchup and cheese, and now I hate him forever.

Quantum Diabetes

In my defense, you never told me not to do it
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I moved and now my McDonald’s is filled with loud Mexican high school kids instead of nursing home people and loud ass college kids

Demislob

Flesh Automaton
kiwifarms.net
I went to McDonald's two times in the same day, at different restaurants each time, and they BOTH got my order wrong. I asked for a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese both times. Both McDonald's gave me a Quarter pounder with no cheese. Why.

Xarpho

You are never truly alone.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This place never did that until the new owner. They always had the bargain items, too, and they were always hot.

There's one that still does. Reviewbrah went there.
The Florida store that serves pizza is part of (or at least a remnant of) the Bistro Gourmet menu, which was basically higher-end food that served paninis and waffles (among others). It is NOT the same as the McDonald's Pizza introduced in the early 1990s and still carried by the Ohio and WV franchisees that McDonald's put a stop to. Rate me autistic, but I wanted to get the message out.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I still miss it, the pepperoni pie was very decent and damn cheap.
there's still one place on Earth (last I heard) to get the McPizza
I suspect it's different than what the mainline McPizza was though, this is more "one of those instant pizza joints like Blaze attached to a McDonalds"

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
there's still one place on Earth (last I heard) to get the McPizza
I suspect it's different than what the mainline McPizza was though, this is more "one of those instant pizza joints like Blaze attached to a McDonalds"
I don't know if it's obvious visually, but here's the ROTW.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it's obvious visually, but here's the ROTW.
it's a pretty unique corner of a McD
and like I said, iirc after the initial failure of the McPizza that's literally the only place on Earth. also World's Biggest Playplace
up through the 00s at least they had Mac Tonight in their displays, dunno how far into Moon Man they took him down

Water-T

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I went to McDonald's two times in the same day, at different restaurants each time, and they BOTH got my order wrong. I asked for a Double Quarter Pounder with cheese both times. Both McDonald's gave me a Quarter pounder with no cheese. Why.
I only go in and make my order inside because McDonald's NEVER gets a fucking order right. Either something is missing or done completely wrong.

Last week, I made an order and they omitted the apple pie, the nugget dipping sauces, and got the drink completely wrong.

Also had to ask them to give me new fries because the ones they gave were fucking cold and stale. WTF?

AnOminous

Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I only go in and make my order inside because McDonald's NEVER gets a fucking order right. Either something is missing or done completely wrong.
Don't go to ghetto McD's. Also competent franchisees put their best people on drive-through because it is almost all their profit. The one semi-local McD's I went to every couple months never got a single thing wrong in an order at the drive-through, over the course of years. The very first time I go back after new management, they fuck up the order, fries are cold, etc. Just never going back.