Mech Warrior 5 mercs -

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It was pushed back it shoulda been out now.
Sarna.net (BT wiki) mentioned the NOV issue of computer gamer has an write up on it. But leaked, Jagermechs and Atlas will also show up.

Also apparently, the brand of X part can have it's own perks in it, for example, an GM whirlwind autocannon 5 will have say, -5% recoil while an oriente will be 10% less heat.

As long as I can have my walking Lyran scout rapist, I'll be happy. They are trash in MWO sadly. (MWO being trash itself)

Attachments

• Informative
Reactions: Yaoi Zowie

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Everything post 3100- is so weird right now. I think they are leaving Mech assault to cover the Jihad for a while and that's a shame because next to MW series it's still light on lore.
Yeah, I'm always irked that the MechAssault series ended on MA2's cliffhanger ending. I liked the whole focus on action while having the same bipedal tank deathmatch feel of the series. If they do make MA3, there should be a multiplayer component similar to MA2's Conquest, which was pretty interesting.

That said, can't wait for MW5 to blow shit up in a mech once more, while taking contracts for the highest bid. Hope the mouse/keyboard controls are not confusing this time.

• Agree
Reactions: Bassomatic

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
I've only played the MW4 games myself, and Interstate 76 is that counts (Think groovy Twisted Metal with MWs engine), I'm curious to see how MW5 will play out, if it'll have "Mech Crates", long craft times, or any money gimmicry.

For anyone curious, MW has been plagued with copyright issues and in-fighting for ages, starting with a money hungry anime studio and continuing with Piranha games:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/MechWarrior

Reactions: Bassomatic

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I'm always irked that the MechAssault series ended on MA2's cliffhanger ending. I liked the whole focus on action while having the same bipedal tank deathmatch feel of the series. If they do make MA3, there should be a multiplayer component similar to MA2's Conquest, which was pretty interesting.

That said, can't wait for MW5 to blow shit up in a mech once more, while taking contracts for the highest bid. Hope the mouse/keyboard controls are not confusing this time.
Fuck that it's not about the money it's about sending a message, aka fuck the cappies, and those Dragon scum.
I've only played the MW4 games myself, and Interstate 76 is that counts (Think groovy Twisted Metal with MWs engine), I'm curious to see how MW5 will play out, if it'll have "Mech Crates", long craft times, or any money gimmicry.

For anyone curious, MW has been plagued with copyright issues and in-fighting for ages, starting with a money hungry anime studio and continuing with Piranha games:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/MechWarrior
BT has had a long history of lawsuits, they just wiped the floor with harmony gold though. Due to both it being BS and HG being absurd.
I76 was absurdly good. MW4 is great, and the mekpak is top notch to add on, that takes place "mid" way through common battle tech lore.

BT lore goes from era of war/succession wars, invasion/ FCCW *MW4*/ Jihad/ DA.

MWO has and MW5 confirmed the thud will be in it. BASED.

• Agree
Reactions: Dark Emporer Dood

VoidMachine

I am ready for the eventual troon-kaiju fight
kiwifarms.net
I'm cautious about Mechwarrior 5 on account of the fact that PGI cant seem to goddamn handle a MP deathmatch game with a captive audience without somehow screwing that completely up, let alone a more complex singleplayer game.

• Agree
Reactions: Power Armor

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
:offtopic:Pardon my intrusion, but have they ever made a game that actually somewhat simulates the tabletop game? Being able to choose which mechs you have available, turn-based combat, damage assigned to limbs (perhaps randomly), overheating, all that jazz?

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
:offtopic:Pardon my intrusion, but have they ever made a game that actually somewhat simulates the tabletop game? Being able to choose which mechs you have available, turn-based combat, damage assigned to limbs (perhaps randomly), overheating, all that jazz?
They're working on an official one: http://battletechgame.com/
There's also an unoffical open source once that simulates almost all of the rules (the official one simulates 3025 only, so it will not have all of the rules.) You can find that one here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/megamek/ . Megamek also allows online play (coop, competitive, coop-competitive, or whatever the hell else.)
You can create new designs for megamek from Megamek Labs or whatever it's called and Solaris Skunk Works. Some of the Megamek people have also made an online campaign manager too.

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just join one of the campaign groups that plays megamech if you want that.
3025 isn't my favorite era, I always prefer <current battletech year>, but it's just the start of a series I guess.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's unfortunate that its Inner Sphere mechs only. The coolest designs are all Clan.
nigga you are begging for an Islamic rating.

I've followed the new turn based BT game it seems to be well enough liked and the test plays showed a few balance issues and apparently won't let you min max your mechs to death. I dunno if it's changed at all but first open showings people mentioned you picked from stock variants only I dunno if they have more wiggle room now.

I also have the wall papers if anyone wants them I can post them.

Just join one of the campaign groups that plays megamech if you want that.
3025 isn't my favorite era, I always prefer <current battletech year>, but it's just the start of a series I guess.
The first gen is a bit easy to break and a lot of people house rule free CASE, not me though because of lulz, of seeing MG ammo pop on bugs causing 30x times the damage needed to destroy the mech.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are you implying that the Vulture, Bushwacker and Uziel are not the most aesthetic 'Mech designs in the whole damn game because if you are I will slap your shit right now
They are fun and sexy AF but the 'wacker is a Lyran mech based on stolen Vulture tech and the Uziel is just a straight up Lyran mech even though the stock one is trash you really want any of it's variants.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Taking a whammy inna city, you're gonna have a bad time.

Lawsuits, IP holder changes, general incompetence. That's just starting the list.

• Agree
Reactions: BlueArmedDevil

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Forgive double posting, but oh shit niggas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8WoNTHMoLc

So this looks radical, be warned there's some serious dev mode going on, if you look at the ammo counts and how much a beating the shad takes.

Also the player kinda lacks, any sort of sanity, sensibility, or rational thought. I think he was going a bit to show off features and play around vs get anything done.

Turning your back on a catapult k2 and Atlas (dem glowing eyes) to shoot at pea shooting tanks... for shame.

• Agree
Reactions: Dark Emporer Dood

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tis what happens when your let a journalist play videogames.
I don't mind a flashy play style esp for an alpha like this when you have near god mode on but at least to really help ram home mech's are the kings of the battle field, they should have really ran tactically against the tanks, pummel with LRM fire before they can even close the range, stomp right into um unloading etc.

Either way I'm quite hyped. The only real compliant I didn't mention is the med laser, does as much if not more damage than the rest of the weapons and is this wimpy barely noticeable green line.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, I'm almost willing to take a somewhat lackluster Mechwarrior over no Mechwarrior. And it does look promising, if they make the Mechs feel more massive and really add stuff that you can shoot up on the ground. This is a game made in 2018 and there's hardly any environmental destruction going on.
You could make craters into the ground in MW3 and destroy buildings almost the same way it is shown here and that was in the 90s or so.

Tags
None