Mech Warrior 5 mercs -

Power Armor

Have fun online!
kiwifarms.net
I remember this trailer, whatever happened to this game?

there was an interview with one of the guys that actually worked on mechwarrior 5 (search kongcast). the long and short of it is that there is no mechwarrior 5. the entire trailer was fake, prerendered and the game didn't actually exist. if you find this hard to believe then ask yourself how that heads up display would work in a legitimate game, because the answer is "it wouldn't".

to those of you expecting mechwarrior 5 to actually be hot shit i have so many words to say to you about expecting anything PGI makes to be adequate. the key word is "minimally viable fun". do not trust the pig.

VoidMachine

I am ready for the eventual troon-kaiju fight
kiwifarms.net
to those of you expecting mechwarrior 5 to actually be hot shit i have so many words to say to you about expecting anything PGI makes to be adequate. the key word is "minimally viable fun". do not trust the pig.
Might be able to scratch some fun out of it with the co-op. I admit though the trailers I've seen have been really dry looking besides the cool structure destruction stuff. It's just not showing any... I dunno, flavor? Compared to the stuff the HBS Battletech game has been putting out. It just doesnt seem to have any goddamn flavor to it besides "drop and shoot some mechs, leave planet, repeat."

• Agree
Reactions: Bassomatic

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
there was an interview with one of the guys that actually worked on mechwarrior 5 (search kongcast). the long and short of it is that there is no mechwarrior 5. the entire trailer was fake, prerendered and the game didn't actually exist. if you find this hard to believe then ask yourself how that heads up display would work in a legitimate game, because the answer is "it wouldn't".
I don't know why that's an issue though. If one is dumb enough to think that the obviously pre-rendered video is actual gameplay, sure, but it's just a trailer meant to get people interested in the concept.

In that regard, to me, this is more like early production sketches. It's meant to show what they are aiming for, not what they already have.
And unless they planned to use this to boost the IPs value to sell it off, the scheme of "make awesome looking trailer but no game to sell later on" is a rather pointless hassle.

Power Armor

Have fun online!
kiwifarms.net
at no point during this trailer, at no point *ever* was it made clear that this entire thing was a bullshit lie and none of the assets you're looking at even existed. that's not "typical trailer expectations" that's outright lying to people in order to get money for a product you don't have.

piranha already had the rights at that point and had no intention of selling it (they went on to create the shitstorm that is MWO and this game)

there's so many things i could tell you about what piranha has done but it'd take so long and it'd hijack the thread so just treat them like they're EA and will fuck you over somehow with a shitty game because that's pretty much it.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
at no point during this trailer, at no point *ever* was it made clear that this entire thing was a bullshit lie and none of the assets you're looking at even existed. that's not "typical trailer expectations" that's outright lying to people in order to get money for a product you don't have.
Dude, it's obviously just a pre-rendered promo video. If anyone thought this was supposed to be the real deal and actual gameplay footage of the upcoming game, that's due to their own :autism: and nothing else.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
there's so many things i could tell you about what piranha has done but it'd take so long and it'd hijack the thread so just treat them like they're EA and will fuck you over somehow with a shitty game because that's pretty much it.
I'm not a gamer really, but I'm such a BT whore aside MWO i'll pretty much bite anything with that logo. So really if you could add some warning I don't consider it hijacking at all.

And yes we get the turned based next month I am so giddy. I have the beta now thanks to a generous anon on /btg/ on 4 chan.

The melee is a bit odd, other than that I like it a lot and the one thing I REALLY want out of it, is more. The finished game will give me that. I really can't see them letting me down at all.

MW5, it'll give me a fix and much like MW4, someone will come up with mods to make it way better. So if I have to bite the bullet, play for 2 months get bored and then after some people mod it a year later it's worth investing for me.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So this thread is kinda dead and calls both over. Forgive me. 4/24 BT by HBS comes out. You can preorder on steam now.

They also just won a lawsuit against scumbags Harmony Gold. The game now can drop more mechs thanks to it.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been a hundred years...

Release date September 10th, 2019

It looks better than what we saw last time. Found some more current build gameplay.

Those graphics don't look that great tbh. I mean, they aren't bad, but they look sort of outdated.
Though the detail of the interior stuff of houses looks neat when the mech waltzes through them.

Gameplay-wise it looks fun.
Though my autism is triggered. In the novels, the crosshair is always described as turning golden when missiles have a lock-on.

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
i didn't even know this existed
still, its being made by PIG so can't be too :optimistic:
i still haven't even played Into The Breach or the actual BT game that came out recently (i heard about a video card shredding bug and stayed the fuck away)

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the pre order is out, and gets you free MWO stuff.

Does anyone else play MWO? My TT group picked it up said it's a lot better, I've sunk a few hours in and play how I like vs meta it's ok.

Now, just for fun let me report the new MW5 MWO mech that is getting canonized (like the roughneck) is the Corsair, a pirate franken mech.

No one aside a few people who got bored IE : Me has played them they haven't been finalized beta for MWO yet even as far as I'm told. So this is coming from TT only.

Sadly, the program I use to build mechs I don't get BV2 off of, and don't really want to roll those out on my own. With out more babble let me post my review of the "canon" variants of this mech.

The Corsair is a heavy side assault of 95 tons. Being a franken mech based on SW stuff and left overs it's got no fancy gadgets and gizmos. I sorta like these builds they can be really tanky cheap BV and using things like alt ammo a total suprise on the field.

Base : COR-5R
It's a slow mech but that's to be expected. Not going to be out paced by other intro tech assaults. It's over sunk with 20 SHS. The auto cannon 10 is always a good weapon. 3 tons of ammo isn't too bad for it, being a big fan of alt ammo I like this a lot. Being the mech is made for MWO 3 tons probably a really good idea for a mech meant to stay alive till the end of the fight. Before it gets into the scrum, it can soften up with it's LRM 15 with two tons. For MWO this is a good number, in regards to both the mech will have lots of time to close in and firing off LRMs, if I was on a defense map I'd probably hot load the second ton just incase lights get brave (clearly TT as MWO doesn't do alt ammo)

After that you get a simple solid brawl weapon in the LL, they are just good guns, it's arm mounted as well helping it hold med range flanks away. Once you get to knife range 3ML and SRM6 solid combo not a lot of weight and enough to finish off anything opened up near you.

I kinda like the load out, it's so painfully boring tho.

COR-6R
Dropping the SRM-6 for another LRM, this time a 10 tuber and dropping the twin CT Mls for an MG SL and SRM2. The rest stays same, now vs INF this is gonna be nasty, but for 25 LRM tubes, 2 tons of ammo isn't gonna cut it esp in MWO. A full ton of MG ammo for something pre CASE and single MG is madness, a little hint this is made for MWO. On a table, I'd laugh at this and close in and slap it around. Assaults shouldn't be heavy on LRMs when they aren't dedicated boats imho.

COR-7A
A big shift in arms and use. AC5 (literally the worst TT weapon in intro) in it's RT, with 2 tons of ammo. While the PPC it holds in the right arm is close enough to remind you, should have 2 PPCs It's almost a tease. A ML sits under the particle cannon's barrel as well. A second ML is in the left torso, next to a large. Giving this mech a savage med range punch. Because MWO and lulz it has 4, yes 4 AMS systems. With 4 tons of ammo. The anti missle systems are on the arms and side torsos giving this mech a full wall of AA dakka. On table top I almost want this just to spite people who use thunder bolt misslles and make them really regret them. For this major refit the mech drops one HS down to 19.

COR-5T
A fat jagermech, black jack on steroids, fat steroids? 6 AC2s for major plinking, man I'd love this to vee hunt. Each arm holds 3 of the auto cannons. The rest of the mech is backed up with just 4 MLs a simple solid defense. You have 6 tons of ammo to feed the hungry salvos. This did cost the mech most of it's heat sinks dropping it to one more external than stock. For a real table game with combined arms it still would suck as it's lacking moblity. If you tried parking this mech and plinking all my tanks I'd have long tom/lurmed you to death before my bulldogs went out of the wire. Kinda amusing but as the others it's for MWO.

COR-7R
A all and out brawler, starting with an AC20. Never a bad start, a pair of large lasers let it poke a bit longer and soften armor up before the 20 opens up. Lastly and my favorite part of this mech. RLs RLs every where, including a rocket launcher 10 in the head. Death sneeze if I ever saw one. The rest of the rockets are twin 10s in the CT and twenties on the LT LA. Being RLs aren't that heavy, the extra weight goes into pushing armor up to 17.5 tons and increasing to 22 HS (again over kill) the AC is fed by a comical 5 tons of ammo.

Fancy ones / named
COR-RA (Ravager)
Because we need OP mechs and fuck cannon this is clan spec stuff, but since it's MWO no it's not so it's not on TT because reasons. Confused yet? Me too. In universe this mech uses clan spec gear, MWO doesn't allow this, so the record sheets and MWO just make it to advanced gear from the IS.

On to the mech, 285XL is powering this, showing no regard to keeping alive in an assault. To be fair in universe lights weren't a thing. TT XLs on assaults aren't as sinful but still. Armor is kicked up with freed weight to a full 18 tons and we jump to 15 DHS finally some reasonable range of cooling. This mech is mostly to bring the dakka, the left arm sporting a Gauss rifle and right torso a UAC5. Anything that takes the distance whittling comes into a standard LL and a LPL, managing to survive that what's left will then face 3 MLs split from the arm and head.

COR-second corsair
Another built around the all might Gauss rifle, in the left arm. the right arm carries the nasty combo of twin large lasers for med range brawling. finally for crit seeking and self defense 2 SRM4s and a single ML. The mech uses the same 285XL and reduces the DHS count to 13 while going down to a "mere" 16 tons of standard armor.

Again, it's clear theses are made for MWO. But I guess next time I get a free night I'll try these on the TT and laugh at how they behave.

Reactions: Splendid

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn't the ac2 also in intro? Thats worst.
Yes the Ac2 is intro, and one of the worst, it's niche is range that's literally it. The AC5 doesn't offer it. AC2 are crit seekers and if you ever have played with areo they come in handy. Worth their weight? No, good? Not at all. Niche yes.

The ac5 has nothing going for it, even with advanced/alt ammos it's just not good. Granted I like me some LAC 5s for fun.

The real use of the AC2 should be on the pike, to plink areo and crash em before heavy planes come in and do some wrecking. Force motive hits on tanks etc. Black jack for example can do this or plink away maybe get lucky force a head hit early game and just cause a break off when even a PPC can't return fire.

Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Forgive double posting, as always. So aside having the offical date, now if you pre order get some MW0 swag.

One of those is the "clan buster" King Crab : One of the so-called "Clanbuster" variants developed in 3052 during the lead-up to the Battle of Tukayyid, ComStar's techs replaced the twin autocannons with two M-7 Gauss Rifles and four tons of ammo in the arms, trading a minor reduction in destructive capacity for greatly increased range. While retaining the LRM launcher the large laser was upgraded to a Tronel XIII Large Pulse Laser and two Hovertec Streak SRM-2s, split between the side torsos with a single ton of reloads each, were added. These changes were accomplished by using an extralight engine in place of the standard model.[

Oh god it's a walking (slow mind you) rape machine. on MWO I'd suggest pulling the streaks probably for RLs or basic bitch srm2's.

If you play on TT know it's BV is over 2200 solo, but it will pay for it self.

You get this and other goodies quite soon (march 31st)

Also since it's in MWO and will be for 5 I'm so hyped the Dervish is showing up.

• Informative
Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus
Tags
None