Mechanical Keyboard Autism Thread - Because Cherry MX switches get you laid.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I need a gaming keyboard. Is the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT a good choice? I like the macro buttons, I want RGB lighting and something that's more responsive. I just currently use a random keyboard I got for free.

Orange Rhymer

kiwifarms.net
I need a gaming keyboard. Is the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT a good choice? I like the macro buttons, I want RGB lighting and something that's more responsive. I just currently use a random keyboard I got for free.

I like my K70, K95 seems like the spiritual successor. So, Yeah.

However, I typically dislike macro buttons. Also, I loathe the RGB backlight gayness. Also, the Corsair Cue drivers are the first to break/drop with ANY Winblows issues.
Overall it's a win, but I did have a rando complete breakdown. I disassembled and cleaned, ended up having to disable all the extra Corsair buttons.
There was no liquid spill, not really dirty. Just oxidizing solder bridges. Fixed with a cleaning/deoxit. But I lost the extra keys that I liked.

Be a little cautious with Corsair. They aren't as good as people scream. I have had an issue with EVERY Corsair product I purchased.
It's Chinese shit, but at the top of the shit-pile.

stupidpieceofshit

Panzer Vor, Motherfuckers
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ducky in my experience offer good keyboards and from what I have seen is often cheaper then the "big gaming names".
Won't get macro keys, but nothing autohotkey or (When I had a job that had me doing a shit ton of repetitive stuff) a streamdeck can't fix.

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ducky in my experience offer good keyboards and from what I have seen is often cheaper then the "big gaming names".
Won't get macro keys, but nothing autohotkey or (When I had a job that had me doing a shit ton of repetitive stuff) a streamdeck can't fix.
Thanks, the Ducky One 2 RGB TKL actually looks really perfect. I decided to buy a mouse with a bunch of extra buttons instead of macro buttons on the keyboard. Edit: I went on and bought the Ducky keyboard after reading and watching reviews.
Be a little cautious with Corsair. They aren't as good as people scream. I have had an issue with EVERY Corsair product I purchased.
It's Chinese shit, but at the top of the shit-pile.
That's good to know. I bought the Corsair Schimitar Pro mouse, I hope it's OK.

Last edited:

stupidpieceofshit

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thanks, the Ducky One 2 RGB TKL actually looks really perfect. I decided to buy a mouse with a bunch of extra buttons instead of macro buttons on the keyboard. Edit: I went on and bought the Ducky keyboard after reading and watching reviews.

That's good to know. I bought the Corsair Schimitar Pro mouse, I hope it's OK.
It is decent but I didn't use it much (way better then the logitech MMO mouse). Depending on your use of macros / what you need might be perfect for you. I ended up going back to my G502 and using a streamdeck.

Reactions: melty

e-gf

I tuck you in after you have cum
kiwifarms.net
I made the mistake of going to the mechanical keyboard reddit and there's a huge rabbit hole that doesn't seem to lead me anywhere helpful.
I just want a clicky keyboard (browns or blues are good) without backlighting for preferably <$200. I don't know if I'm autistic enough to pay for custom keycaps and switch them myself, but I really like the design of keys like this and this. Also a number pad would be helpful since I use it often for my job, but TKL is okay too. Any suggestions?

Kosher Dill

Pumpkin Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reactions: e-gf

stupidpieceofshit

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I made the mistake of going to the mechanical keyboard reddit and there's a huge rabbit hole that doesn't seem to lead me anywhere helpful.
I just want a clicky keyboard (browns or blues are good) without backlighting for preferably <$200. I don't know if I'm autistic enough to pay for custom keycaps and switch them myself, but I really like the design of keys like this and this. Also a number pad would be helpful since I use it often for my job, but TKL is okay too. Any suggestions?
Ducky the One 2 has models with no back lighting and are well under 200 bucks

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do you mean, you're not going to custom build your own 60% keyboard? How are you ever going to get any upvotes?

Just found this and thought it was very reddit:
Screenshot_20201020-171556__01.jpg

stupidpieceofshit

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just realized...
The 21st century is defined by:
How much will you pay for what used to be free?
Although that is true to an extent, IBM model Fs and Model Ms (now seen as a golden standard) were the cheap keyboards of their days (for IBM, there were shit keyboards back then too, such as the IBM Jr and the mini/micro computers from Europe). You often still get free keyboard (and mice) with PCs now, it is just often they are shit, and most people will accept shit. People who spend a lot of time on a keyboard (programmers, authors, etc) that feels better to type on, be it mech, ergonomics, beam springs, etc.

Games(tm) will go for these type of keyboards too because unlike the cheap shit (well even premium rubber domes like beam springs and Torpe (maybe?), the boards the keyboards can only support (most commonly) 3 or 4 key presses at the same time, most Mechs can do way more if not (in theory) Unlimited.

• Informative
Reactions: Orange Rhymer

london

kiwifarms.net
Heres one that I recommend, though, it does come with backlighting, you can always just turn it off when you want to. I also just recommend Varmilo keyboards all together, as they are quality keyboards. Though, if you decide to get a tkl, you could always get the numpad seperate, with something sort of like this.
Granted, a bit pricy, but still under $200.

Tags
None