Medfarmers and Medfags, is working in the healthcare sector really worth it?

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

shaymelessthebuffoon

Quantum Energy Healing and all that woo-woo shite.
kiwifarms.net
if you are about to graduate, then this is something you should have considered like 2 years ago

real answer: you WILL touch gross people and vials of piss no matter what you do

another slight pl for context

I'm okay with handling bodily fluids and biohazard messes, especially in a medical setting. I just could NEVER be one of those nurses who have to take round-the-clock care of a non-sentient meat sack, I'm talking an APGAR of 2 or GCS of 4... I'd put the damn thing out of its misery. Patient connection is like half of the reason I got into the field, so not being able to communicate with my patient because they're, yknow, a vegetable... isn't really ideal

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net
It's really overrated unless you're an MD/DO, and even then, there are institutional policies and regulations that make your job miserable. The lower you go on the totem pole, the more you feel the pain of understaffing and overadmitting. Hell, I'm a mid-level HCP and even I wish I went to trade school. I would have had better work-life balance and made more money than I made starting out in this role.

Papa Adolfo's Take'n'Bake

It's screamin' good.
kiwifarms.net
another slight pl for context

I'm okay with handling bodily fluids and biohazard messes, especially in a medical setting. I just could NEVER be one of those nurses who have to take round-the-clock care of a non-sentient meat sack, I'm talking an APGAR of 2 or GCS of 4... I'd put the damn thing out of its misery. Patient connection is like half of the reason I got into the field, so not being able to communicate with my patient because they're, yknow, a vegetable... isn't really ideal
Most of those die before you'd see them. Tard Baby General is the exception. Not the rule.

Aunt Carol

four-letter word for a female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Healthcare's a good job, mate. Challenging work. I guarantee you'll not go hungry.

If you're getting near the end of school, you're going into your clinicals, so that experience will give you a better idea of what's out there. You might be constructing worst-case scenarios in your head because of biased or insufficient data.

Most of those die before you'd see them. Tard Baby General is the exception. Not the rule.
Sadly, there are ways to become a meat sack other than being born that way. Talk to your family about your wishes and fill out your advance directive--and remind your family to fill out theirs.

Crystal Coomer

wears sunglasses at night
kiwifarms.net
Don't do CNA. Don't fucking do it. You will get better pay and benefits doing warehouse work. Nurses are the laziest, most batshit Karens and bully other employees. US department of health and conglomerates only care about licensed bodies existing in wards not that patients are cared for and treated like humans. Imagine wasting your life training, maintaining a license, hurting your back, and subjecting yourself to cleaning human filth when you could be packing Playstation 5s at Walmart for the same pay. Niggas dont do CNA.

Amphotericin B

Pentium II 266MHz
kiwifarms.net
As long as you don’t do peds or the ED you won’t see many tard baby types. Adult age tard babies are a very small part of the patient population. You’ll get some munchies but there’s also a tiny percentage of the total patient population unless you’re in the ED.

I think healthcare is a worthwhile profession because you can move anywhere in the country and get a job with decent benefits that can’t be outsourced. If you like it, it’s genuinely fulfilling (until you hit a burnout patch).

I’m an oldfag and I always say do medsurg until you figure out what you want to do.

Lopt

Bitch Lasagna
kiwifarms.net
If you think you would genuinely kill a patient you shouldn't be in any healthcare field. If you're not a doctor, you're going to have to wipe paralyzed ass diarrhea blowouts at some point, tardbaby or otherwise. At least with babies there isn't as much to clean up/upkeep like comatose adults (especially women.)

TFT-A9

NICE COCKPIT BRO
kiwifarms.net
1. if the worst thing you have to deal with in a workday is some peepee poopoo thank whatever god you believe in
2. you will be worked like a dog, treated like shit by doctors, be effectively strongarmed into pulling overtime, sleeping in the damn hospital and then the hospital will bitch at you over how much you cost them
3. crabby patients will take it out on you, sometimes physically and violently

Retink

the retard appreciating USA Oy Vey History Month
kiwifarms.net
Can't say much about the field as I'm in a different sector but if you're nervous about finishing school, that's rather normal. Outside of a very small group of people most people have no idea what their next step will be and get a sense of dread as it's the first time they're faced with a wide variety of choice. Don't be afraid of making a mistake as it's way easier to pivot and find different options than you think, as long as you're willing to take some risks.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
Have friends who are doctors/nurses… if you’re in it purely for the money, you should’ve picked a different field. From what I’ve heard, you typically need some greater spiritual goal of helping people to keep yourself sane, because while you can end up making a lot of money, you really earn your salary in stress and fucked-up work hours.

Engineer salaries might cap out lower, but the road to get there is also significantly easier and takes way less time. The best bang for your buck, CS/software, doesn’t even require a degree in the subject, it just requires you to have experience with its fundamentals through classes/internships/self-study. A lot of people pivot to CS/software while holding a degree in electrical engineering, biology, and many other STEM fields.

Last edited:

Manul Otocolobus

Angriest Feline in the World
kiwifarms.net
If you enjoy putting in the literal blood, sweat, and tears to get the degree, and don't mind being shit on from literally every direction, all the time, everyday, with a very small chance of being appreciated once in a very great while, then it is the perfect job for you.

murph

kiwifarms.net
They will work you like a rented nigger mule no matter where you go. You really should have considered this before you went into the profession.

The pay is decent, but if you actually care about patients it will never be enough.

Physical therapy and nurse anesthetist is the way to go to avoid the ickier parts of the job.