Media mentions of DarksydePhil -

Freakazoid

kiwifarms.net
I was watching the TIHYDP of Death Stranding and Phil got triggered into a rant about content ID in which he brought up the composer of Apex Legends. I didn't really remember the lore so I just did a search for "Apex Legends Copyright Strikes" and this article was on the front page of results. I know the article's a year old but thought it was interesting that they used DSP's tweets to illustrate their point. Then again he was probably the only one calling the composer a "brainless idiot" over it.

(It's at 27.40 if the timestamp doesn't work)

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

Prince Lotor

I'm not an eldritch horror! I'm a human being!
kiwifarms.net
I was watching the TIHYDP of Death Stranding and Phil got triggered into a rant about content ID in which he brought up the composer of Apex Legends. I didn't really remember the lore so I just did a search for "Apex Legends Copyright Strikes" and this article was on the front page of results. I know the article's a year old but thought it was interesting that they used DSP's tweets to illustrate their point. Then again he was probably the only one calling the composer a "brainless idiot" over it.

While in Phil's original Tweets Phil was raging at his figmentary imaginings of some nebulous "EA Management" doing this, Phil now calls the composer of Apex Legends music "that motherfucking idiot". . .because Phil still personally blames him for 'doing it' even though the music being entered into Content ID was just a side-effect of digitally releasing an album of the soundtrack.

PutridElephant

Lazy automated restreamer
kiwifarms.net

Phil won that Twitter war because the composer stopped replying to his tweets.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
saw dsp mentioned on this crackhead alley stream, made me laugh

0029F556-1984-48F2-B54B-771018801A25.jpeg

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
saw dsp mentioned on this crackhead alley stream, made me laugh

View attachment 1151490
One can only dream that the Pigroach might end up on such a livestream after losing the WAkhando and his parent's house. I imagine that if he gets poor enough that he doesn't even have a phone to monitor the alley stream or online donations, his crowd of wheelchair troll donators would do things like deliver him pizzas or UberEats food delivery , but specifically ordering menu items or types of food that he hates.

Shick

Body by Nabisco
kiwifarms.net
Might be. I don't go looking for mentions of DSP but to find one on a channel that's pretty solidly outside of gaming is interesting.
Tree is no stranger to the concept of lolcows (think he even has a couple videos where he flat-out calls a team the "lolcow of professional x"), wouldn't surprise me if he's done a bit of reading on Phil.

There's a character called Lou on Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet , who is so close to DSP that it's remarkable. I suspect the writers were directly inspired by DSP but the alternative explanation is they set about with the aim of making the most abrasive, repulsive gamer type original character and it happened and the result of that work was a DSP clone.

I strongly encourage others to watch the show- he's a relatively minor character and isn't in the first few episodes.

1591158528679.png

Tags
None